PDA

View Full Version : HIXON COUNTDOWN

egyptian420
03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Since it's early, things are slow around here, and I'm bored as hell....I figured I'd make a thread about Hixon's possible signing today......here's to hoping that he does [B]!

In the meantime I figured this would remind us how much of an asset he is to our team:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azqo9br91gE

nygsb42champs
03-02-2012, 07:53 AM
That would be a nice re-signing. Hopefully he could spark our return game

jomo
03-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Hixon has done excellent work for us since coming here in 2007. With the injuries, he shouldn't command much in the way of a contract. We probably can sign him cheaply and hope that his recovery is robust. If healthy, he'd be a good #3 or outstanding #4. Add special teams contributions to that and he'd be a nice fit. He also conducts himself like a Giant which is a nice plus. Go Blue!!

Flip Empty
03-02-2012, 08:26 AM
I want him back so people can get his and Nicks' names confused again

NewYorkSwagg
03-02-2012, 08:31 AM
I would love for Hixon to come back and be a special teams player that's about it. WR I don't see it 2 ACL's I don't know if he'll hold up the whole season and the Giants throw a lot more now then before.

GGTM_1977
03-02-2012, 08:31 AM
Sorry not to be mean but, when I saw the title I immediately thought.....Hixon countdown to be released/cut. Like I have said I like the guy, and he has been a great asset to the team, but 2 ACL injuries in2 years?! I think it would be wrong to expect alot out of him, regardless of a cheap asking price......

egyptian420
03-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Sorry not to be mean but, when I saw the title I immediately thought.....Hixon countdown to be released/cut. Like I have said I like the guy, and he has been a great asset to the team, but 2 ACL injuries in2 years?! I think it would be wrong to expect alot out of him, regardless of a cheap asking price......
Like someone else said earlier, I'm not counting on him to be our answer at WR, more interested in his KR/PR abilities which have been the best we've had for a good 5 years.

egyptian420
03-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Hixon has done excellent work for us since coming here in 2007. With the injuries, he shouldn't command much in the way of a contract. We probably can sign him cheaply and hope that his recovery is robust. If healthy, he'd be a good #3 or outstanding #4. Add special teams contributions to that and he'd be a nice fit. He also conducts himself like a Giant which is a nice plus. Go Blue!!
+1...I totally agree

LT_was_good
03-02-2012, 09:12 AM
I hope the Giants' interest in resigning him means the medical staff is optimistic about his return.