PDA

View Full Version : CHASE BLACKBURN DRAWING LOTS OF ATTENTION, BUT NONE FROM GIANTS -UPDATED

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 11:38 AM
CHASE BLACKBURN DRAWING LOTS OF ATTENTION, BUT NONE FROM GIANTS (http://www.giants101.com/2012/03/02/chase-blackburn-drawing-lots-of-interest-but-none-from-new-york-giants/)

"Would the New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/)
Giants have won Super Bowl XLVI without linebacker <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with Chase Blackburn" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/chase-blackburn/" rel="tag nofollow">Chase
Blackburn</a>? Anything is possible, but probably not likely. The seven-year
veteran rejoined the Giants after a series of injuries to their linebackers and
revitalized the defense. And now, after playing some of the best football (http://www.giants101.com/tag/football/) of
his career, the soon-to-be free agent is generating a lot of interest across the country (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/blackburn_may_not_return_to_giants_uMPQEqsxGjoDzGA OyLznaM?utm_medium=rss&amp;utm_content=Giants).

</p><div style="DISPLAY: none">New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) Giants middle linebacker <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with Chase Blackburn" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/chase-blackburn/" rel="tag nofollow">Chase
Blackburn</a> (93) celebrates stopping the Atlanta Falcons on a play in the
second half during their NFL (http://www.giants101.com/tag/nfl/) NFC wildcard playoff football (http://www.giants101.com/tag/football/) game in East Rutherford, New Jersey, January 8,
2012. REUTERS/Ray Stubblebine (UNITED STATES - Tags: SPORT FOOTBALL (http://www.giants101.com/tag/football/))</div>
<div style="MARGIN: 5px">

<div style="POSITION: relative">

<div style="FLOAT: left">

</div></div>

<div style="POSITION: absolute; VISIBILITY: hidden; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id="beacon_fa56905656">http://d1.openx.org/lg.php?bannerid=544983&amp;campaignid=255373&amp;zoneid=86 840&amp;loc=1&amp;referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.giants101.com%2 F2012%2F03%2F02%2Fchase-blackburn-drawing-lots-of-interest-but-none-from-new-york-giants%2F&amp;cb=fa56905656&amp;r_id=3d006ddcfcce17df7fed9 b0936defebf&amp;r_ts=m09kb0</div></div>

<blockquote>

“It’s been ridiculous, actually," Richard Katz, Blackburn’s agent, said.
“He's a pretty popular guy. His tale is an incredible tale."</p></blockquote>

Despite his celebrity, the Giants do not appear to be in any rush to
negotiate a new deal with Blackburn. At least not yet, as the team has made no
effort to reach out to him or his camp.</p>
<blockquote>

“I would hate for them to say ‘We can't have <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with Chase Blackburn" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/chase-blackburn/" rel="tag nofollow">Chase
Blackburn</a> in the middle of the defense and take us to the Super Bowl'
because you absolutely cannot say that’s the case," Katz said.</p></blockquote>

Big Blue is expected to re-sign <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with Jonathan Goff" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/jonathan-goff/" rel="tag nofollow">Jonathan
Goff</a>, who is coming off of an ACL tear, and already have <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with Mark Herzlich" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/mark-herzlich/" rel="tag nofollow">Mark
Herzlich</a>, who they have high hopes for, serving as his back-up. Accordingly,
there's no real room for anyone else, making Blackburn, despite heroics, the odd
man out.</p>
<blockquote>

“Chase loves being in New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) with the Giants, that's all he knows and all he
wants to know," Katz said.</p></blockquote>

Like David Tyree in 2007-2008, Blackburn's Giants career appears to be
nearing its end after an incredible, game-saving play in the Super Bowl. Unlike
Tyree, however, Blackburn will undoubtedly get a job somewhere else in the NFL (http://www.giants101.com/tag/nfl/) and can put
off his teaching career for at least one more year."</p>

</p>

************************************************** *****************</p>

IN-DEMAND BLACKBURN MAY NOT RETURN TO GIANTS (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/blackburn_may_not_return_to_giants_uMPQEqsxGjoDzGA OyLznaM)</p>

"The requests continue to flow in, one after another as if there’s not enough
of Chase Blackburn to go around.</p><div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

“It’s been ridiculous, actually,’’ Richard Katz, Blackburn’s agent, told The
Post Thursday. “He’s a pretty popular guy. His tale is an incredible tale.’’</p>

The question is whether that tale ended with Blackburn starting at middle
linebacker for the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI or continues into the 2012 season.
The NFL free-agency signing period begins March 13 and the Giants haven’t even
contacted Katz, haven’t expressed any interest in re-signing Blackburn, who was
one of a handful of players who shined brightest of all during the improbable
championship run.
</p>It makes for a strange celebratory ride. Blackburn already has made numerous
personal appearances — this week he was honored with a parade as a hometown hero
in Marysville, Ohio — and is scheduled for many, many more signings and
meet-and-greets.<div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

“I’m asking ‘Do you still want him if he’s not a Giant?’ and they’re all
saying yes,’’ Katz said.</p>

After coming to the Giants’ rescue, Blackburn might not be welcomed back.
After playing six years with the Giants, mostly as a reserve linebacker and top
special teams player — he was that unit’s captain in 2010 — Blackburn didn’t get
any offers in free agency and in late November was sitting at home with his
wife, Megan, and their two young sons a day after the Giants were hammered on
Monday Night Football by the Saints. In that game rookie linebacker Mark
Herzlich, making his first NFL start, went down with a sprained ankle.</p>

Blackburn was considering accepting a job teaching eighth-grade math. The
Giants, after season-ending injuries to Clint Sintim and Jonathan Goff and a
myriad of struggles with their first-year linebackers, finally felt desperate
enough to call Blackburn back to work.</p>

The rest is history. He intercepted Aaron Rodgers of the Packers less than a
week after re-signing and on Dec. 18 moved in as the starting middle linebacker
against the Redskins. The Giants went 6-1 with Blackburn starting and once
again, he made all of the defensive calls in the middle of their defense. He had
a 40-yard fumble return in the NFC title game in San Francisco and a leaping
interception off Tom Brady in the Super Bowl, outmuscling tight end Rob
Gronkowski for the ball in a pivotal change of possession.</p>

Blackburn is once again a free agent and despite his heroics, the Giants
haven’t called.</p>

“Chase loves being in New York with the Giants, that’s all he knows and all
he wants to know,’’ Katz said.</p>

Goff, coming back from reconstructive knee surgery, is expected to re-sign.
Herzlich is considered a prospect at middle linebacker. The Giants are not
viewing Blackburn as the answer at that spot, though he is just 28 .</p>

“I would hate for them to say ‘We can’t have Chase Blackburn in the middle of
the defense and take us to the Super Bowl’ because you absolutely cannot say
that’s the case,’’ Katz said.</p>

***</p>

Coach Tom Coughlin opted to promote from within for two key offensive
positions on his coaching staff. Sean Ryan moves to quarterbacks coach and Kevin
M. Gilbride replaces Ryan as the new receivers coach.</p>

Ryan replaces Mike Sullivan, who recently was hired by the Buccaneers as
their new offensive coordinator. Ryan, 39, previously has been a quarterbacks
coach at the college level at Siena (1997) and Columbia (2007) and for the past
two years was the Giants receivers coach.</p>

“Coach Ryan and I have worked closely together since he was with the
receivers,’’ Eli Manning said. “I’m excited about him and I know we’ll have a
great relationship. We shouldn’t miss a beat.”</p>

Gilbride, 32, is the son of the longtime Giants offensive coordinator and for
the past two years was an offensive assistant. The Giants denied him permission
to speak with the Buccaneers for an interview for their vacant quarterbacks
coach job because they had plans to promote him.</p>

Two coaching spots remain open on Coughlin’s staff: Offensive quality control
and assistant offensive line.</p>

***</p>

CB Terrell Thomas, after missing the entire 2011 season following surgery to
repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament, is expected to re-sign with the
Giants.</p>

“The talks with the Giants are going very well,’’ Thomas said on SiriusXM NFL
Radio. “I don’t think they want me to hit the free agent market.’’</p>

***</p>

WR Domenik Hixon, who missed the past two seasons following two separate ACL
surgeries, is expected to re-sign if he passes a physical set for
Friday."</p>
</div>

</div>

</p>

</p>

</p>

TheEnigma
03-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Welp, thanks for the memories Chase. Once a Giant, always a Giant.

burier
03-02-2012, 11:52 AM

Maybe once another team signs him people here will stop jockin the man.

People actually want to go into the season with Goff and Blackburn as his backup

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stop it..I Can't breath!

JJC7301
03-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I think Blackburn is better than Goff. I don't understand the FO's love affair with Goff.

TheEnigma
03-02-2012, 12:02 PM

Maybe once another team signs him people here will stop jockin the man.

People actually want to go into the season with Goff and Blackburn as his backup

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Stop it..I Can't breath!Think you're reading too much into my statement. If it's true that other teams are looking at acquiring Chase, we're not going to get into a bidding war for a 2 down LBer. We will rely on guys like Goff, Jones, or Herzlich who have better upside. Even then, we can just grab one in the draft who is also more athletic and could have potential in the passing game as well.

It sucks since Chase is a good guy but I'm not going to miss him if he goes away. MLB just isn't that important anymore in this defense.

Martyr
03-02-2012, 12:10 PM
I really thought the giants would try to bring him back. Who knows maybe blackburn is out of their price range and they know they can't pay him like other teams can. Goff with resign cheap and I hope Blackburn gets a nice pay day and helps another team.

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 12:18 PM
I really thought the giants would try to bring him back. Who knows maybe blackburn is out of their price range and they know they can't pay him like other teams can. Goff with resign cheap and I hope Blackburn gets a nice pay day and helps another team.

They may be waiting to see what his price tag is. But the reality is we are not lacking for bodies at linebacker. Health is an issue in some cases, but those guys are rehabbing under the team's direction so the team knows their physical condition and what they can expect from them.

Too early in the process to tell.

Eli TO Shockey
03-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I hope chase gets paid. He deserves it.

buffyblue
03-02-2012, 12:26 PM

Grnated the guy came up big in the SuperBowl but overall he is not very good. Plain and simple.

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 12:26 PM

If his agent isn't blowing smoke, he'll get paid by someone.

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 12:28 PM

Grnated the guy came up big in the SuperBowl but overall he is not very good. Plain and simple.

That's not true. He's good, but limited. He would have never been able to make that interception in the Soper Bowl if Gronkowski had been healthy. Chase is a good back up and better than average special teams player. A starter he's not.

TuckYou
03-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Chase was our only LB with an INTlast season, and he barely played. He knows where to be and how to play. He picked offgreats in Rodgers and Brady. He has 2 SB rings with us. I hope him the best. Hopefully the Eagles dont pick him up and pick his brain about our defense since Perry is staying one more year. </P>

Why would he not be a great #6 LB on our team for the Vet Min? Like I said, if he gets paid more somewhere else, I wish him the best.</P>

Like David Tyree in 2007-2008, Blackburn's Giants career appears to be nearing its end after an incredible, game-saving play in the Super Bowl. Unlike Tyree, however, Blackburn will undoubtedly get a job somewhere else in the <FONT color=#980001>NFL</FONT> (http://www.giants101.com/tag/nfl/) and can put off his teaching career for at least one more year."</P>

Thats not true, Tyree got a job on STs for the Ravens after playing for us. </P>

GGTM_1977
03-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Ok what if we don't re-sign Goff? You guys comfortable with Jones taking over? What about Herzlich? These guys need time to develop........ maybe we can pull AP out of retirement if we can't afford Chase or Goff......

galaxy10
03-02-2012, 12:48 PM
The info on Chase is coming from his agent and I don't know how reliable it is. I think that the Giants are playing it smart. Let him check out his worth. He is just simply not a starting LB. But would love to have him for ST and a backup. If the price is right and the cap situation can be handled, maybe we can keep him. His knowledge of the defense is what I really like about him. Don't know if we can keep him, love his heart.

TrueBlue10
03-02-2012, 01:32 PM
He has made so many outstanding plays since rejoining the team. The Giants would be absolutely idiotic to let him walk.

... just my opinion.

nygsb42champs
03-02-2012, 02:28 PM
I am surprised that we are not talking to him especially with his ability to play ST's.

Morehead State
03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
I have no idea what JR will do regarding Chase. But it is refreshing to see that he understands that its not what you did last year that really matters. Its what do they thinkyou will do NEXT year that matters.</P>

You don't reward previous performance with a contract. He's been paid for that already. It always has to be about the future.</P>

GameTime
03-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I have no idea what JR will do regarding Chase. But it is refreshing to see that he understands that its not what you did last year that really matters. Its what do they thinkyou will do NEXT year that matters.</P>

You don't reward previous performance with a contract. He's been paid for that already. It always has to be about the future.</P>

</P>

true....</P>

but isnt past performnce a judge of future performnce to a degree...??</P>

I think Chase deserves a shot to compete....</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 02:50 PM
I have no idea what JR will do regarding Chase. But it is refreshing to see that he understands that its not what you did last year that really matters. Its what do they thinkyou will do NEXT year that matters.</p>

You don't reward previous performance with a contract. He's been paid for that already. It always has to be about the future.</p>

</p>

true....</p>

but isnt past performnce a judge of future performnce to a degree...??</p>

I think Chase deserves a shot to compete....</p>

Chase is going to get a decent deal somewhere I feel like

Morehead State
03-02-2012, 02:51 PM

</P>

true....</P>

</P>

Sometimes it is. But with a guy who is unathletic as Chase, one has to ask if he has sustainable skills to contribute to our team.</P>

GameTime
03-02-2012, 02:55 PM

</P>

true....</P>

</P>

Sometimes it is. But with a guy who is unathletic as Chase, one has to ask if he has sustainable skills to contribute to our team.</P>

</P>

his skills were enough during the run they had. Also the Giants have LBs who have been injured at least once or more then once. I guess they can always peel him off the couch again but like I said I think he deserves a shot. Sustainable skills mean nothing when you are in rehab.</P>

Kruunch
03-02-2012, 02:59 PM
I have no idea what JR will do regarding Chase.* But it is refreshing to see that he understands that its not what you did last year that really matters.* * Its what do they think*you will do NEXT year that matters.</P>

You don't reward previous performance with a contract.* He's been paid for that already.* It always has to be about the future.</P>

</P>

true....</P>

</P>

Sometimes it is.* But with a guy who is unathletic as Chase, one has to ask if he has sustainable skills to contribute to our team.</P>

Chase is one of those players who has terrible measurables but performs at game time.

Sort of like Sinorice Moss but in reverse.

Unfortunately that kind of performance, except in extreme cases, doesn't lend well to looking ahead to the future.

Morehead State
03-02-2012, 02:59 PM

</P>

true....</P>

</P>

</P>

his skills were enough during the run they had. Also the Giants have LBs who have been injured at least once or more then once. I guess they can always peel him off the couch again but like I said I think he deserves a shot. Sustainable skills mean nothing when you are in rehab.</P>

</P>

With Goff coming back, alond with Sintim (I doubt they are ready to give up on him, if he actually can come back), plus the fact that they will probably draft another LB high up, not sure if there will be room for Chase.</P>

Again, I don't know or even have a strong opinion, but there are some young athletic players at the LB position for us right now.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 03:00 PM
I have no idea what JR will do regarding Chase. But it is refreshing to see that he understands that its not what you did last year that really matters. Its what do they thinkyou will do NEXT year that matters.</p>

You don't reward previous performance with a contract. He's been paid for that already. It always has to be about the future.</p>

</p>

true....</p>

but isnt past performnce a judge of future performnce to a degree...??</p>

I think Chase deserves a shot to compete....</p>

</p>

Sometimes it is. But with a guy who is unathletic as Chase, one has to ask if he has sustainable skills to contribute to our team.</p>

</p>

his skills were enough during the run they had. Also the Giants have LBs who have been injured at least once or more then once. I guess they can always peel him off the couch again but like I said I think he deserves a shot. Sustainable skills mean nothing when you are in rehab.</p>

</p>

With Goff coming back, alond with Sintim (I doubt they are ready to give up on him, if he actually can come back), plus the fact that they will probably draft another LB high up, not sure if there will be room for Chase.</p>

Again, I don't know or even have a strong opinion, but there are some young athletic players at the LB position for us right now.</p>

I think theres a shot Sintim is cut.

He'll be backing Kiwi up if he isn't. I don't see a spot for Sintim on this team

Morehead State
03-02-2012, 03:03 PM

</P>

true....</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

With Goff coming back, alond with Sintim (I doubt they are ready to give up on him, if he actually can come back), plus the fact that they will probably draft another LB high up, not sure if there will be room for Chase.</P>

Again, I don't know or even have a strong opinion, but there are some young athletic players at the LB position for us right now.</P>

I think theres a shot Sintim is cut.

He'll be backing Kiwi up if he isn't. I don't see a spot for Sintim on this team
</P>

How many LB's do you think we will have on our roster? Just not sure if Chase will be on the team.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
well we had about 8 active (including DeOssie)

so going by that for next year

Goff
Boley
Kiwi
DeOssie
Herzlich
J Will

Then i'd say that the last 1-2 spots are up for battle between Paysinger, Sintim, Greg Jones (i think hes the lock of the group), plus who knows if use a draft pick on one, or if Adrian Tracy develops (we signed reserved future contract with him)

i just don't think its a lock that Sintim is even on the team, let alone him be a reason we decide not to sign Blackburn

Morehead State
03-02-2012, 03:19 PM

Goff
Boley
Kiwi
DeOssie
Herzlich
J Will

Then i'd say that the last 1-2 spots are up for battle between Paysinger, Sintim, Greg Jones (i think hes the lock of the group), plus who knows if use a draft pick on one, or if Adrian Tracy develops (we signed reserved future contract with him)

i just don't think its a lock that Sintim is even on the team, let alone him be a reason we decide not to sign Blackburn

</P>

I'd say you have to put Jones on that list plus a draft pick. Might leave Chase out.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 03:21 PM

Goff
Boley
Kiwi
DeOssie
Herzlich
J Will

</p>

I'd say you have to put Jones on that list plus a draft pick. Might leave Chase out.</p>

well I agree, i think the Giants made their decision. It was between Chase or Goff and it looks like they want to go Goff.

I agree Jones will be back as well...

Not sure we go for a LBer this year believe it or not. Giants really like to keep all of their rookies, unless a talent drops to us at a value i don't think we go LBer.

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 03:33 PM

Goff
Boley
Kiwi
DeOssie
Herzlich
J Will

This may be one of the dumbest questions ever, has DeOssie ever played AT linebacker?

simms56
03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
The Giants play better with Chase on the field than Goff or Jones. That much is very obvious. Why would they want Goff back after an injury? I don't get it.

MattMeyerBud
03-02-2012, 03:35 PM

Goff
Boley
Kiwi
DeOssie
Herzlich
J Will

This may be one of the dumbest questions ever, has DeOssie ever played AT linebacker?

na hes just listed as it

hes def special teams... its REALLY 7 LBers we seem to carry I was just trying to be specific

loaded30
03-02-2012, 03:38 PM
I think Blackburn is better than Goff. I don't understand the FO's love affair with Goff.I agree. Blackburn played really well, better than I've ever seen Goff play. To top it all off, hes coming off a knee injury. I dont understand the decision.

JPP
03-02-2012, 03:38 PM

They may be waiting to see what his price tag is.* But the reality is we are not lacking for bodies at linebacker.** Health is an issue in some cases, but those guys are rehabbing under the team's direction so the team knows their physical condition and what they can expect from them.

Wasn't there an article saying we can't offer him anything until he hits FA anyway due to some sort of cap rule where we played him less then he really made or the cap was less or something. So they could be talking and the Agent is trying to see what he can leverage out of the Giants come FA by making it sound like his phone is ringing off the hook. I hope he returns because he is a heart and soul kind of player but would not be surprised if he either takes a bigger contract or better role else where.

GameTime
03-02-2012, 03:43 PM

</P>

true....</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Sintim has to show something huge to even make the roster this season. Two injuries....not good for him. Goff..I like. I see Chase as a great backup and coach so to speak as well...</P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
03-02-2012, 03:59 PM

They may be waiting to see what his price tag is. But the reality is we are not lacking for bodies at linebacker. Health is an issue in some cases, but those guys are rehabbing under the team's direction so the team knows their physical condition and what they can expect from them.

Wasn't there an article saying we can't offer him anything until he hits FA anyway due to some sort of cap rule where we played him less then he really made or the cap was less or something. So they could be talking and the Agent is trying to see what he can leverage out of the Giants come FA by making it sound like his phone is ringing off the hook. I hope he returns because he is a heart and soul kind of player but would not be surprised if he either takes a bigger contract or better role else where.

That was Tollefson, who I hope they sign

GreenZone
03-02-2012, 04:15 PM
"The requests continue to flow in, one after another as if there’s not enough of Chase Blackburn to go around.</p>

“It’s
been ridiculous, actually,’’ Richard Katz, Blackburn’s agent, told The
Post Thursday. “He’s a pretty popular guy. His tale is an incredible
tale.’’"</p>

Righto. This has about as much credibility as Clark Judd of CBS Sports saying that it's a 3/4 done deal that Mario Manningham is going to the Bucs.</p>

Mario directly refuted that story as totally false in his interview on Boomer &amp; Egg Carton.</p>

What's ridiculous is people buying such obvious b.s. and the garbage being passed along by Paul Schwarz.</p>

It's not that Chase shouldn't receive any offers from any other team come free agency, it's that the agent is being blatant in trying to leverage the Giants into negotiations.</p>

What the agent was quoted as saying which I believe totally is:
</p>

" “Chase loves being in New York with the Giants, that’s all he knows and all he wants to know,’’ Katz said."</p>

That helps prove the fallacy of the other claim.
</p>

Whether Chase is re-signed or not, we'll have to wait and see. I guarantee the Giants do not know if they'll be able to at this point until re-negotiations shake out, other dollar figures are agreed to, etc.
</p>

People just have to have answers before they are even possible to be given. That's why they'll buy into something like this agent's b.s., then start creating scenarios based on Chase being gone.
</p>

buffyblue
03-02-2012, 04:32 PM
I have no idea what JR will do regarding Chase.* But it is refreshing to see that he understands that its not what you did last year that really matters.* * Its what do they think*you will do NEXT year that matters.</P>

You don't reward previous performance with a contract.* He's been paid for that already.* It always has to be about the future.</P>

</P>

true....</P>

If we are going to judge it then lets look at it completely. His big play was getting a pick by boxing out a TE with an injured ankle. Lets put it in perspective.

GameTime
03-02-2012, 04:36 PM

</P>

true....</P>

If we are going to judge it then lets look at it completely. His big play was getting a pick by boxing out a TE with an injured ankle. Lets put it in perspective.</P>

The guy was solid coming off his couch. His teammates love him and he made a difference on the field for them. Thats the perspective I see. I am not nordid I ever claim he is or was a great MLB. He is a great team mate and should be given a shot to compete.</P>

PrideofNY
03-02-2012, 10:56 PM
How anyone can choose Goff over Blackburn is beyond me.

I really hope Blackburn stays. Love watching him play.

GreenZone
03-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I am not nordid I ever claim he is or was a great MLB. He is a great team mate and should be given a shot to compete.

Why would the Giants give in to an agent who wants an offer so he can complain about it, then shop it around or worse...to lure the team to give his client a half million dollars more than anyone else would offer?</p>

The "it's a business" works two ways. When a fan complains that a player isn't signed because the organisation has no loyalty, then why did the player hire an agent that is allowed to spout his hyperbole in order to squeeze the team? The agent presumably makes a fixed percentage of the take.
</p>

Everyone likes Chase, but does anyone, aside from Chase and his agent, want to pay Chase more dollars than what he's worth in the market at the cost of losing another player we all like?</p>

Unlike the government, in the NFL the team has a fixed amount of money to spend and no more.
</p>

GMENAGAIN
03-03-2012, 10:20 AM
How anyone can choose Goff over Blackburn is beyond me.

I really hope Blackburn stays. Love watching him play.
</P>

Goff was a better player than Blackburn before his injury. The Giants FO chose Goff over Blackburn for that reason. </P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
03-03-2012, 10:35 AM
The Giants play better with Chase on the field than Goff or Jones.* That much is very obvious.* Why would they want Goff back after an injury?* I don't get it.
The Giants run defense is much better with Goff on the field. Chase was better then Jones but Jones didnt have the proper time to learn the defense. He had no strength training no mini camps , no rookie camps, He just got thrown out there. I thought the best defense the team had out there was the Nickel package with Jwill and Boley at LB.

Goff looked great I thought in the pre season before he got hurt. Looked a lot better in pass coverage

DelawareGiants
03-03-2012, 11:57 AM
Well said. Blackburn is a gamer- not all the physical skills that other LB's have on the team but he will give you 150% all the time--do what he can for the team type of guy. He is a leader, a Get er Done guy. Who would not want this guy on their team if they have room. That is the problem. We have way to many numbers at LB if guys come back healthy and who knows if we draft another. It is all a numbers game- somehow I hope Chase can be there as much needed insurance for us- but what might that cost us is something else to consider. If he can get paid somewhere else that we can not match- I'm fine with that- he will always have a special place in Giant history.

</P>

true....</P>

If we are going to judge it then lets look at it completely. His big play was getting a pick by boxing out a TE with an injured ankle. Lets put it in perspective.</P>

The guy was solid coming off his couch. His teammates love him and he made a difference on the field for them. Thats the perspective I see. I am not nor*did I ever claim he is or was a great MLB. He is a great team mate and should *be given a shot to compete.</P>

GameTime
03-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I am not nordid I ever claim he is or was a great MLB. He is a great team mate and should be given a shot to compete.

Why would the Giants give in to an agent who wants an offer so he can complain about it, then shop it around or worse...to lure the team to give his client a half million dollars more than anyone else would offer?</P>

The "it's a business" works two ways. When a fan complains that a player isn't signed because the organisation has no loyalty, then why did the player hire an agent that is allowed to spout his hyperbole in order to squeeze the team? The agent presumably makes a fixed percentage of the take.
</P>

Everyone likes Chase, but does anyone, aside from Chase and his agent, want to pay Chase more dollars than what he's worth in the market at the cost of losing another player we all like?</P>

Unlike the government, in the NFL the team has a fixed amount of money to spend and no more.
</P>

</P>

I agree that Chase's agent should shut up but I am not saying to overpay Blackburn. I am saying IMO he deserves a shot to compete. That means a vet minimum salary to keep him in the roster through camp. The Giants dont cave to agents nor do I think they should. I dont give a crap what his agent says. </P>

Greatone80
03-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I always liked backburn,thought he played hard,and smart.I know hes not super fast,and does get beat once in awhile,but things did turn around for the gmen when he retruned and boley was heathly.I saw bring him back,he cant cost that much,can he?

GreenZone
03-03-2012, 04:23 PM
I agree that Chase's agent should shut up but I am not saying to overpay Blackburn. I am saying IMO he deserves a shot to compete. That means a vet minimum salary to keep him in the roster through camp.

Reality is hard sometimes. The Giants don't have the 1/2 million available right now. They are over the cap and may not have a penny left over by the time all priorities are fulfilled, including room for draft pick salaries.

I too would love to see Chase back on the team, but you have to see that offering him the vet minimum would be rejected and thus pointless. If Chase truly wants to remain a Giant, he will not take another offer for an extended period into free agency, as the Giants sort things out. The reality is that it is up to Chase to wait it out for some salary cap clarity, at which point the Giants can talk.

JPP
03-03-2012, 06:45 PM

They may be waiting to see what his price tag is.* But the reality is we are not lacking for bodies at linebacker.** Health is an issue in some cases, but those guys are rehabbing under the team's direction so the team knows their physical condition and what they can expect from them.

That was Tollefson, who I hope they sign

Oh thanks for the correction.

Voldamort
03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
why will he come cheap?