PDA

View Full Version : Name your Bust in the 2012 NFL Draft

TuckYou
03-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Basically, what the title of the thread says. Then in a few years, we all get to see who was right and pat them on the back. Sound good? Lets do it</P>

My Mega Bust of 2012 is.....</P>

Quentin Coples - Would of been Votaze Burfect but obviously he is busting before the draft even happens. I like Coples skill set, I just dont think he will offer his all in the NFL. He has the size, and the talent, but I got a feeling once he gets the cash money, he wont produce like the top 10 pick he will be. Inconsistant, non reliable motor. Then again, I could be wrong. I thought Cam Newton would be horrible last year. Also Gabbert. Guess I was right on half. But cant really label anyone drafted last year a bust. I also said Alex Smith and Jamarcus Russellwould be horrible. </P>

XxBigWhitxX
03-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Micheal Brockers. always a bit iffy with LSU linemen.

ibbill
03-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Josh Chapman coming off knee surgery.

TheEnigma
03-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Riley Reiff. Maybe he won't be a complete bust but I just have a feeling that this kid is going to be underwhelming in his career.

GMenNY21
03-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I think Melvin Ingram will be a bust

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Janoris jenkins..small and a number of off the field issues..he is pac-man part 2 imo

gmen0820
03-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Ryan Tannehill.

Courtney Upshaw is gonna be a monster. Wrong thread, just throwing it out there.

gmen0820
03-02-2012, 10:15 PM
I think Melvin Ingram will be a bustSame.

Neverend
03-02-2012, 10:28 PM
As far as not meeting expectations?

Jonathan Martin. Hes going to struggle mightily against power, physical, and savvy pass rushers in the NFL

Want to say zach brown but hes too good of an athlete. At worst, hes probably very comparable to Ernie Sims

greenca190
03-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Robert Griffin

titwio
03-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Ryan Tannehill.

^^ This....And Zach Brown.

slipknottin
03-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Mike Adams.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for him) OTs seem to keep their jobs for years even when its obvious they are awful.

I honestly think most of this first round class will bust.

allentown PA
03-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Mike Adams.

Unfortunately (or fortunately for him) OTs seem to keep their jobs for years even when its obvious they are awful.

ur post worries me because a lot of mock drafts I've looked at have the giants taking him...im not a fan of his either..I hope we stay away.

Neverend
03-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Yeah, I'm not totally feeling this offensive tackle class either

GmenFan1980
03-02-2012, 11:46 PM
is it cheating if i simply say whoever the browns draft?

TheEnigma
03-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not totally feeling this offensive tackle class eitherNot the 1st rounders at least. I mean, Kalil is definitely athletic enough for the LT position but even he has question marks in regards of being able to run block at the next level.

Cordy Glenn could realistically become the best linemen of this draft class.

BlueSanta
03-03-2012, 01:48 AM
I really only like predicting busts after the draft. The reason is because I always felt what team selects a player often plays a big part in his success as anything.

I see some people mention Melvin Ingram as a potential bust. He is a perfect example of what I mean. If he gets in the wrong system for him, he will struggle. But, if he gets in a system that lets him do what he does best, he is going to shine.

I always thought it would have been interesting to see Robert Gallery's career(at tackle, he has been decent at guard) had he been selected by another, more stable, franchise. 4 coaches in 6 years with 4 different offenses and 4 different blocking schemes might be as much to blame as anything.

nycsportzfan
03-03-2012, 06:35 AM
Ryan Tannehill. Courtney Upshaw is gonna be a monster. Wrong thread, just throwing it out there. Ryan Tannehill is a great choicefor major bust.. Hes dreadful, and makes the worst decisons ever.. I was high on him before this past season, but he showed me nothing this past yr, when i watched him...</P>

</P>

Ryan Tannehill</P>

Vontaze Burfict</P>

Brandon Thompson - I called him the invisible man, because i never noticed him impacting a game, and for a guy whos supposed to be so god against the run, Clemson stunk!</P>

heavyhitter
03-03-2012, 11:40 AM
Janoris jenkins..small and a number of off the field issues..he is pac-man part 2 imo<font size="2">He's definitely a concern but I think he'll excel in the NFL. Love the way he plays the game.</font>

DelawareGiants
03-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Vontaze Burfect- spiraling out of the top 2 rounds and terrible performance at combine really makes you wonder if he has much of any future at the next level. It is a shame- he was given a special talent but his head got in the way.

nycsportzfan
03-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Janoris jenkins..small and a number of off the field issues..he is pac-man part 2 imo<FONT size=2>He's definitely a concern but I think he'll excel in the NFL. Love the way he plays the game.</FONT>
Heres one we agree on my friend..lol I love Janoris Jenkins.. He did awesome against the very best WR's last yr, guys like Julio Jones, ALshon Jeffery and Aj Green.. He just flat out gets it done..

smashndash715
03-03-2012, 02:42 PM
LaMicheal james

Redeyejedi
03-03-2012, 02:46 PM
Jenkins is very talented the only thing that worries me with him is how he acts when he gets paid. He got thrown at a university and has 4 baby mommas already. I could easily see him doing something stupid and ruin his career. As a CB though he shuts guys down

Neverend
03-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Jenkins is just amazing. I think he had like a 1.45 ten yard split and ran with such an incredible explosive looking stride in his 40

I don't care what anyone says about his size (plays big in jump ball situations like you've seen against those big 1st round sec receivers), i think its ridiculous that some suggest he could be off the giants board because of that. it would be more because of his character concerns.

giantman8493
03-03-2012, 03:14 PM
I think Melvin Ingram will be a bustSame. potentially i agree.

giantman8493
03-03-2012, 03:17 PM
I really only like predicting busts after the draft. The reason is because I always felt what team selects a player often plays a big part in his success as anything.

I see some people mention Melvin Ingram as a potential bust. He is a perfect example of what I mean. If he gets in the wrong system for him, he will struggle. But, if he gets in a system that lets him do what he does best, he is going to shine.

I always thought it would have been interesting to see Robert Gallery's career(at tackle, he has been decent at guard) had he been selected by another, more stable, franchise. 4 coaches in 6 years with 4 different offenses and 4 different blocking schemes might be as much to blame as anything.

I agree 100% but in some cases, I think that it won't matter at all and the player will bust anywhere he goes. Players that only reason for being at the top of boards is size and no skill. Developmental prospects without talent.

giantman8493
03-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I'm not totally feeling this offensive tackle class eitherNot the 1st rounders at least. I mean, Kalil is definitely athletic enough for the LT position but even he has question marks in regards of being able to run block at the next level.

Cordy Glenn could realistically become the best linemen of this draft class.I think it will be DeCastro. I feel like he will come in day one and be a top 5 guard in football.

Neverend
03-03-2012, 03:21 PM

Cordy Glenn could realistically become the best linemen of this draft class.I think it will be DeCastro. I feel like he will come in day one and be a top 5 guard in football.

Lets just hope the cowboys dont draft him. Tyron smith and decastro at LT and LG? Scary

giantman8493
03-03-2012, 03:23 PM

Lets just hope the cowboys dont draft him. Tyron smith and decastro at LT and LG? ScaryThats a legit possibly too. I just realized this. THAT could be a problem, even for JPP.

Voldamort
03-03-2012, 03:54 PM
2011 Prince,Austin,Gabbert,Ponder
2012 Coples,Blackmon,Hightower,Kirkpatrick

rainierjef
03-03-2012, 04:51 PM
justin blackmon... i just don't see him beasting out in the pros like he did in college.

heavyhitter
03-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Janoris jenkins..small and a number of off the field issues..he is pac-man part 2 imo<font size="2">He's definitely a concern but I think he'll excel in the NFL. Love the way he plays the game.</font>
Heres one we agree on my friend..lol I love Janoris Jenkins.. He did awesome against the very best WR's last yr, guys like Julio Jones, ALshon Jeffery and Aj Green.. He just flat out gets it done..<font size="2">Yeah, Jenkins is a top flight corner in my book. Like I said, I love his style of play at corner. He doesn't back down from any reciever and actually embraces the challenge to go up against those top WR's. I actually got a chance to see Jenkins square off against Travis Benjamin in HS and ever since then I was sold on JJ. It's pretty obvious he's no role model, but the guy is a hell of a talent.</font>

GMENAGAIN
03-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Mike Adams.

ur post worries me because a lot of mock drafts I've looked at have the giants taking him...im not a fan of his either..I hope we stay away.

I hate offensive lineman that aren't strong. First of all, it shows me that the guy hasn't made the committment in the weight room, which makes me question his work ethic. Second, I think that it will take a year of strength training with an NFL conditioning program to get the guy strong enough to face NFL competition.

juice33s
03-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Mike Adams.

I hate offensive lineman that aren't strong. First of all, it shows me that the guy hasn't made the committment in the weight room, which makes me question his work ethic. Second, I think that it will take a year of strength training with an NFL conditioning program to get the guy strong enough to face NFL competition. I don't think it's the players commitment as much as its his natural genetics, which in itself is probably a bigger problem. Some people just have a much lower ceiling then others, take Kevin Durant for example, the guy has been on a professional strength program for the past 4 years yet he still looks like a starving boy from Somalia.

GMENAGAIN
03-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Mike Adams.

I hate offensive lineman that aren't strong. First of all, it shows me that the guy hasn't made the committment in the weight room, which makes me question his work ethic. Second, I think that it will take a year of strength training with an NFL conditioning program to get the guy strong enough to face NFL competition. I don't think it's the players commitment as much as its his natural genetics, which in itself is probably a bigger problem. Some people just have a much lower ceiling then others, take Kevin Durant for example, the guy has been on a professional strength program for the past 4 years yet he still looks like a starving boy from Somalia.

It could be either . . . . although your scenario disturbs me more, because it means thatthe guy is unlikely to ever be strong enough to play in the NFL . . .

TuckYou
03-04-2012, 05:35 PM
2011 Prince,Austin,Gabbert,Ponder
2012 Coples,Blackmon,Hightower,Kirkpatrick

Wow. I actually think most those guys are going to be pretty solid, with exception of coples though, like I said in the OP. Gabbert doesn't look solid either

I think a lot of you are miss understanding the mega bust idea. Most think guys like Burfect and Jeffrey already are falling fast. I'm talking about top first round picks everyone is loving. Plus hype gots like Steven Hill or D Poe.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Andrew Luck will be a bust. Book it

heavyhitter
03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Andrew Luck will be a bust. Book ithttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/Not_Sure_If_Serious.jpg

THE_New_York_Giants
03-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Andrew Luck will be a bust. Book ithttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z46/kcochran777/Not_Sure_If_Serious.jpg
I'm serious. I don't think he will adjust to the NFL level. He'll be on a TERRIBLE Colts team with no blocking or defense. It has Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf written all over it.

heavyhitter
03-04-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm serious. I don't think he will adjust to the NFL level. He'll be on a TERRIBLE Colts team with no blocking or defense. It has Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf written all over it.<font size="2">Bold statement &amp; anything is possible but I actually think Luck is one of the "safest" or "cleanest" prospects in this years draft. Probably not the safest pick, but his name has gotta be pretty high on that list. Oh well, time will tell I guess.</font>

TheEnigma
03-04-2012, 06:35 PM
That Joker "not sure if serious" picture is the most popular image on the internet lol.

Anyway, I think while Luck might not win multiple Super Bowls and championships like some people expect he will, I think he'll still post solid stats and be a major part of the Colts organization staying in games. Sort of like an Archie Manning if you will.

Not sure really since we haven't seen anything out of this new GM yet to actually tell one way or another.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-04-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm serious. I don't think he will adjust to the NFL level. He'll be on a TERRIBLE Colts team with no blocking or defense. It has Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf written all over it.<font size="2">Bold statement & anything is possible but I actually think Luck is one of the "safest" or "cleanest" prospects in this years draft. Probably not the safest pick, but his name has gotta be pretty high on that list. Oh well, time will tell I guess.</font>

I'd be happy to eat crow regarding this one, but if I had the first overall pick this year I would trade it. Especially if I think Peyton can play for 4 more years.

Spizi
03-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Justin Blackmon and Andrew Luck

myles2424
03-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Nick perry....RG3

THE_New_York_Giants
03-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Only reason I don't think Tannehil is a bust is because he was going to be drafted as a receiver before he got switched to QB. So he could end up playing both positions in the NFL. He would be amazing in a dual QB system with Tebow IMO

heavyhitter
03-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Justin Blackmon and Andrew Luck<font size="3">Interesting</font>

Kruunch
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Mark Barron.

Not so much as a talent bust but an injury bust.

Kids plays bigger then his body (especially when it meets the next level).

sharick88
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Andrew Luck. According to Mel Kiper, JaMarcus Russel was the next John Elway. Check this quote out:

"JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room. Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like."

-- ESPN's Mel Kiper

For the most part, drafting that franchise elite QB is the hardest thing to do. Even the "God of War" Andrew Luck isn't a sure thing.

TheEnigma
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Eh. I think a lot of people are saying Andrew Luck will be a bust just because there's been so many positive things to say about this kid and people want the experts to shut up about him. Just how I see it at least.

He's not like Russell who has an attitude problem and a lack of caring about being a deadbeat loser.

The only thing that will hold back Luck is the other 51 players, coaching staff, and front office.

sharick88
03-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Eh. I think a lot of people are saying Andrew Luck will be a bust just because there's been so many positive things to say about this kid and people want the experts to shut up about him. Just how I see it at least.

He's not like Russell who has an attitude problem and a lack of caring about being a deadbeat loser.

The only thing that will hold back Luck is the other 51 players, coaching staff, and front office.

A lot of people are saying that Luck is a lay up for the pro bowl actually. My mind is obviously subject to change. Most of the experts were labelling Cam Newton as a bust before he even played a single snap. Look how that worked out for them. You never know with these guys.

BlueSanta
03-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Its fair to say Luck will be a dissapointment because of the team he will have around him(though I do not agree he will be a bust). I do not think it is fair at all to compare him to Russel.

Russel had discipline issues having eaten himself out of the league. I do not see that being the problem for Luck. If he fails, it will be because the team around him is so complete garbage that he cannot carry it.

Imho its more fair to compare to a David Carr situation: A talented guy who got on the wrong team and never had a chance to develop any skills aside from his getting up off the turf skills.

sharick88
03-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Its fair to say Luck will be a dissapointment because of the team he will have around him. I do not think it is fair at all to compare him to Russel.

Russel had discipline issues having eaten himself out of the league. I do not see that being the problem for Luck. If he fails, it will be because the team around him is so complete garbage that he cannot carry it.

Imho its more fair to compare* to a David Carr situation: A talented guy who got on the wrong team and never had a chance to develop any skills aside from his getting up off the turf skills.

I am actually not comparing him to Russell. I just used the quote from Kiper just to prove a point. People can say whatever they want about a prospect. Kiper talked about Russell like he was a sure thing. Drafting a franchise quarterback is a crap shoot. You can find one anywhere in the draft. I agree that Luck's situation is pretty comparable to Carr's. Personally, I like Luck. I just would not be suprised at all if he ended up a bust. Nothing suprises me anymore.

BlueSanta
03-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Its fair to say Luck will be a dissapointment because of the team he will have around him. I do not think it is fair at all to compare him to Russel.

Imho its more fair to compare to a David Carr situation: A talented guy who got on the wrong team and never had a chance to develop any skills aside from his getting up off the turf skills.

I am actually not comparing him to Russell. I just used the quote from Kiper just to prove a point. People can say whatever they want about a prospect. Kiper talked about Russell like he was a sure thing. Drafting a franchise quarterback is a crap shoot. You can find one anywhere in the draft. I agree that Luck's situation is pretty comparable to Carr's. Personally, I like Luck. I just would not be suprised at all if he ended up a bust. Nothing suprises me anymore.

ya, but to be fair to Mel, he was definitely NOT the only guy who had Russel as the top QB and the top overal pick.

TheEnigma
03-05-2012, 06:04 PM
True that anyone can fail but I still stand by the notion that Luck is the safest pick in this draft. Before I watched his games, I thought it was all hype. Not so much lol...

Shockeyitus
03-05-2012, 06:04 PM
2012 Bust:

Brock Osweiler, Nick Foles.. they will be drafted higher than expected, due to other teams panicing for a QB.

LaMichael James.... campare him to Sproles all you want. If this kid doesn't develop as a blocker, than he will be out of the league.

Chase Minnifield.... overhyped...

TuckYou
03-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Andrew Luck. According to Mel Kiper, JaMarcus Russel was the next John Elway. Check this quote out: "JaMarcus Russell is going to immediately energize that fanbase, that football team -- on the practice field, in that locker room. Three years from now you could be looking at a guy that's certainly one of the elite top five quarterbacks in this league. ...You're talking about a 2-3 year period once he's under center. Look out because the skill level that he has is certainly John Elway-like." -- ESPN's Mel Kiper For the most part, drafting that franchise elite QB is the hardest thing to do. Even the "God of War" Andrew Luck isn't a sure thing.</P>

Listen to Mike Mayock in the early rounds, and Todd McShay / Mel Kiper for the later round guys. Kiper sucks at analyzing the big name QBs. Even I saw Jamarcus Russel being a huge bust before the draft. Same with Alex Smith. BUT, I did say Cam Newton would suck as well, and I was wrong.... so far. Luck is a lock IMO. I was quiet with him until I watched a few of his games. He is NFL ready. Id actually be a little worried about RG3. He could be a solid QB, but he isnt NFL ready yet. He is smart though and will learn very quick, but he may struggle early on, especially if with the wrong team. I could see a team like the Browns or Skins moving up to get him, and hurt his value. But like I said, he is a very smart kid with speed and quickness to buy time. Not sure he is better then Luck though.</P>

GiantAggie87
03-06-2012, 09:26 PM
RG3.. Not durable

Has everything else though

TuckYou
03-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Eh. I think a lot of people are saying Andrew Luck will be a bust just because there's been so many positive things to say about this kid and people want the experts to shut up about him. Just how I see it at least. He's not like Russell who has an attitude problem and a lack of caring about being a deadbeat loser. The only thing that will hold back Luck is the other 51 players, coaching staff, and front office. A lot of people are saying that Luck is a lay up for the pro bowl actually. My mind is obviously subject to change. Most of the experts were labelling Cam Newton as a bust before he even played a single snap. Look how that worked out for them. You never know with these guys.</P>

I got a few things to say about your comment, not to knock you but just my opinion.

#1 - If Luck doenst make the probowl, it still doesnt make him a bust. Was Eli a bust before his1st probowl in 2008? Probowl doesnt = bust or star, just look at Flozell Adams. How many probowls did he get the fans to vote him into? And how many times did he lead the league in false starts and penalties? How can you be the most undisciplined OLineman in the league and still be a probowler?

#2 - I actually saw a lot of analysts calling Cam Newton a star before the draft. I definitely was wrong on him. I didnt think he would have the smarts to play QB at this level. And to be honest, he still might not. IMO, Dalton had the more impressive year. Yeah, Andy Dalton didnt have all the rushing yards and TDs, but he played QB better. Its just the Pathers really let Cam be Cam which is a credit to them. Look how many turnovers Cam had. Is he going to be able to correct that? He might not with his style of play. How long will he last taking those hits? Cant tell yet.
</P>

Dirt66
03-07-2012, 07:44 PM
RGIII

bronxvgiant
03-07-2012, 07:58 PM
RG3@Tannehill.I think Luck will be awesome.Cant wait to watch.

TuckYou
04-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Basically, what the title of the thread says. Then in a few years, we all get to see who was right and pat them on the back. Sound good? Lets do it</P>

My Mega Bust of 2012 is.....</P>

Quentin Coples - Would of been Votaze Burfect but obviously he is busting before the draft even happens. I like Coples skill set, I just dont think he will offer his all in the NFL. He has the size, and the talent, but I got a feeling once he gets the cash money, he wont produce like the top 10 pick he will be. Inconsistant, non reliable motor. Then again, I could be wrong. I thought Cam Newton would be horrible last year. Also Gabbert. Guess I was right on half. But cant really label anyone drafted last year a bust. I also said Alex Smith and Jamarcus Russellwould be horrible. </P>

</P>

And the New York Jets select.... Quinten Coples. ENJOY</P>

giantman8493
04-27-2012, 01:50 PM
David Wilson. lol jk. But seriously. He got drafted in the First round by us. Didn't you hear?

TheAnalyst
11-07-2013, 09:16 PM
I'm serious. I don't think he will adjust to the NFL level. He'll be on a TERRIBLE Colts team with no blocking or defense. It has Tim Couch or Ryan Leaf written all over it.<font size="2">Bold statement & anything is possible but I actually think Luck is one of the "safest" or "cleanest" prospects in this years draft. Probably not the safest pick, but his name has gotta be pretty high on that list. Oh well, time will tell I guess.</font>

I love looking back at these old threads.

Giantsrangers
11-07-2013, 09:31 PM
That Luck bust prediction didnt go too well i see