PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think the Eagles could trade with Rams for #2?

RagTime Blue
03-03-2012, 02:08 PM
First off, if this is a possibility, it won't be until AFTER the Colts are 100% on Luck (either sign him or actually Draft him).

The assumption is to get RGIII

Vick is good, but neither youthful nor durable (so a backup won't be riding the pines all season). I can't see any team of Andy Reid's NOT having a QB that can run like a RB. He's got to be scheming on how he can get him. Plus getting him would have the side-effect of not letting the Redskins get him.

The Eagles have the 15th overall pick, and double picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds, and triple picks in the 6th. I'm also not 100% sure they want to keep Jackson long-term (just a feeling I get).

In short, I think they have the motive and the ammunition to get a deal done. And the thought is somewhat unsettling.

Any thoughts?

Voldamort
03-03-2012, 02:43 PM
no

NYFan221
03-03-2012, 03:03 PM
eagles franchised jackson.

gmen46
03-03-2012, 03:24 PM
First off, if this is a possibility, it won't be until AFTER the Colts are 100% on Luck (either sign him or actually Draft him).

Vick is good, but neither youthful nor durable (so a backup won't be riding the pines all season).* I can't see any team of Andy Reid's NOT having a QB that can run like a RB.* He's got to be scheming on how he can get him.* Plus getting him would have the side-effect of not letting the Redskins get him.

The Eagles have the 15th overall pick, and double picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds, and triple picks in the 6th. ** I'm also not 100% sure they want to keep Jackson long-term (just a feeling I get).*

In short, I think they have the motive and the ammunition to get a deal done.* And the thought is somewhat unsettling.

Any thoughts?

Cleveland, Washington, Miami are FAR more likely to trade up that high, than Philadelphia.

They are in far more desperate need of a true franchise QB right now, than Philadelphia.

I would include Seattle, but my guess is the Rams would demand a lot more from them than the others (who will be demanded a lot of to begin with), since their inclination would be to NOT help a division rival in any manner--unless, as I say, the cost to Seattle is too dear.

rainierjef
03-03-2012, 03:45 PM
anythings possible

buddy33
03-03-2012, 04:55 PM
That could be a very good thing. It would cost them so many draft picks it could set them back for years.

Forget all those late round picks they have. For them to go from 15 to 2 would cost them multiple 1st and 2nd round picks. Meaning a couple of years worth of picks. Look what it cost the Giants to trade for Eli. To move from 15 to 2 would cost so much more.

I don't think there is a chance of this happening by the way.

BlueSanta
03-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Not impossible, but they just signed Vick to that enormous overpaid contract. They would have an aweful lot invested in the QB position.

PRFan
03-04-2012, 05:53 AM
Not with that contract they gave Vick!

Die-Hard
03-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Jumping from 15 to 2 would cost them a tremendous amount of draft picks and probably a player or two. Incredibly unlikely. Reid is not Ditka

bLuereverie
03-04-2012, 03:54 PM

Can still trade him.

If the Eagles do move up to #2, it will be at the price of a treasure chest of picks. DeSean/Asante are getting paid 9+mil this year. They're not going to a two win team that's already up against the cap.

TuckYou
03-04-2012, 04:42 PM

Exactly why he can be traded. I don't think it is far off. I actually made a thread mid season about the Eagles moving up and drafting Luck. They would love either IMO. Eagles could send Jackson, their 1st, one of their 2nds, and one of their 4ths, and maybe a 1st or 2nd next year, and that would do the trick.

Eagles would then be left with a pick in all rounds this season, including pick 2 for RG3 or Luck.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-04-2012, 04:46 PM
The Eagles package would look like:

2 1sts, 1 second, Samuel, and Kafka, and 2 5ths.

Shockeyitus
03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
I dont see the Eagles making a move like this.... they will need to give up way too much for this kid.

However, the team that really need to pull the trigger and move up to get him is Washington. I would rather not see this happen, but in a football perspective, the Redskins need to make this happen.

RoanokeFan
03-05-2012, 12:10 PM

Vick is good, but neither youthful nor durable (so a backup won't be riding the pines all season). I can't see any team of Andy Reid's NOT having a QB that can run like a RB. He's got to be scheming on how he can get him. Plus getting him would have the side-effect of not letting the Redskins get him.

The Eagles have the 15th overall pick, and double picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds, and triple picks in the 6th. I'm also not 100% sure they want to keep Jackson long-term (just a feeling I get).

In short, I think they have the motive and the ammunition to get a deal done. And the thought is somewhat unsettling.

Any thoughts?

It would cost them big time in future drafts but sure it's possible. I still say a draftee is just a draftee until he plays in the NFL. Quite a gamble at times.

Vick has missed enough games to make such a deal tempting but, with his $100M contract, they are on the hook for however much is guaranteed.

Giants Of New Jersey
03-05-2012, 12:20 PM
i could see them swapping first round picks and giving up desean jackson definitely....maybe even throwing in asante...with the way the eagles coordinated things last summer, who is to say they wouldn't do it? they would then trade vick and possibly get a first or second rounder out of it anyway

THE_New_York_Giants
03-05-2012, 12:50 PM
i could see them swapping first round picks and giving up desean jackson definitely....maybe even throwing in asante...with the way the eagles coordinated things last summer, who is to say they wouldn't do it? they would then trade vick and possibly get a first or second rounder out of it anywayNobody would trade a first for Vick, and if they would, they are nuts.

Giants Of New Jersey
03-05-2012, 12:53 PM
i could see them swapping first round picks and giving up desean jackson definitely....maybe even throwing in asante...with the way the eagles coordinated things last summer, who is to say they wouldn't do it? they would then trade vick and possibly get a first or second rounder out of it anywayNobody would trade a first for Vick, and if they would, they are nuts.

You don't think a team like the browns, dolphins, or skins would give up a 2nd?

TuckYou
03-05-2012, 12:54 PM
This is the same team that got a 1st (DRC) and a 2nd for Kevin freaking Kolb. They could pull it off.

bLuereverie
03-05-2012, 01:32 PM
i could see them swapping first round picks and giving up desean jackson definitely....maybe even throwing in asante...with the way the eagles coordinated things last summer, who is to say they wouldn't do it? they would then trade vick and possibly get a first or second rounder out of it anywayNobody would trade a http://www.giants.com/about.aspfirst for Vick, and if they would, they are nuts.

You don't think a team like the browns, dolphins, or skins would give up a 2nd?

No. PostCBA draft picks are just worth so much these days. I don't think he's worth more than Kolb with his age/injury history. If anything, Kolb's flop hurts Vick's value.

Though it would be hilarious to see Vick in Cleveland. Those fans would never let him live it down.

bLuereverie
03-05-2012, 01:34 PM
This is the same team that got a 1st (DRC) and a 2nd for Kevin freaking Kolb. They could pull it off.

Easier to say it failed in hindsight after Kolb's troubles, but at the time Kolb was a young quarterback with potential. It was worth a gamble.

TuckYou
03-05-2012, 02:35 PM
This is the same team that got a 1st (DRC) and a 2nd for Kevin freaking Kolb. They could pull it off. Easier to say it failed in hindsight after Kolb's troubles, but at the time Kolb was a young quarterback with potential. It was worth a gamble.</P>

Thats ridiculous. If I knew Kolb wasnt that good, those teams had to know that. Giving up a 1st round player and a 2nd round pick was absolutely stupid. Im going to laugh when some team pays Flynn an astronomical amount of money because of one good game. Some organizations are so stupid. Eagles and Pats have been known to pick apart these stupid teams. Kafka for a 2nd round pick and a good WR? Absolutely! He has potential! lol</P>

Again, I never really saw anything great for Kolb to warrent what they gave up. Stupid Cardinals...</P>

Kruunch
03-05-2012, 02:54 PM
In the same division as our Dline and Demarcus Ware?

I'd love it if they did.

RGIII would get annhilated.

gmen46
03-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Easier to say it failed in hindsight after Kolb's troubles, but at the time Kolb was a young quarterback with potential. It was worth a gamble.

What "hindsight"?

Nobody except the Eagles and the Cardinals thought that was a good deal "at the time" (and maybe you, evidently).

gmen46
03-05-2012, 05:02 PM

That's assuming Fisher and the Rams are as stupid (and desperate) as the Cardinals were.

I don't believe they are either.

bLuereverie
03-05-2012, 07:12 PM

What "hindsight"?

Nobody except the Eagles and the Cardinals thought that was a good deal "at the time" (and maybe you, evidently).

Never said it was good, but it was understandable, especially since they were negotiating with Fitz as well. Not having a quarterback to throw to him could have compromised everything.