PDA

View Full Version : Eli, YOU ARE WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE!!

Marvelousmik
12-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Im proud of eli, 23 touchdowns, 11 int.. 3705 yard, 62% completions, and a well deserved qb rating of 96.

We need to keep these same starting 3 on the team. manningham, nicks and cruz.

If you noticed, each week eli's deep ball has gotten better. he never in his career threw the deep ball this good and on point. he and the receivers are getting their timing's down pact and he is understanding each of their strengths more and more. I dont want any of them to leave. even manningham and eli have a nicely timed fade route going when manningham is healthy. On offense our real problem is the O line. I dont know how rodgers does it.

this year my friend told me that this is the season where the truth comes out. For example.

Vince young, YOU ARE WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE!

Phillip Rivers, i still think hes a good qb, but with all the talent he has had in his career, im surprised he didnt do much with it. I remember people saying if eli had that offense to work with and played in a dome,eli would put up the same numbers. i thought it was a bunch of excuses. but now i see it differently. YOU ARE WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE!

Michael vick. You had one good year, but. YOU ARE WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE!

Mark sanchez now that your defense and run game isnt #1, YOU ARE WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE!!

Steve smith (panthers) It looks like the truth has come out. All you needed was a QB, brother.

Chad johnson, YOU ARE WHO WE THOUGHT YOU WERE!

Lol i could keep going down the list. But you get the point.

(sorry i didnt post this in the general sport section. i realized it late and i cant delete)

burier
12-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I'd like to add that Eli's 13 plays for 40 yards or more leads the league making him the most explosive Quarterback in the NFL.

MikeIsaGiant
12-06-2011, 11:36 AM
How many "YOU ARE WHO WE DIDNT THINK YOU WERE" do the giants have?

Ballard, Cruz, JPP? Amazing.

We need to fix our o-line and linebackers and we're set

jints10
12-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Eli Manning after 112 games 66-46
Payton Manning after 112 games 66-46

Giantsin04
12-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Really? That's just wierd.

burier
12-06-2011, 12:05 PM

Is that right?

jints10
12-06-2011, 12:18 PM

Is that right?
yea .......regular season games meaning not counting play-offs

DragonSoul
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM
OP Were you not knocking Eli as early as the beginning of the season?

Marvelousmik
12-06-2011, 12:21 PM

you are who "we" thought you were doesnt include me. it includes the people who did believe in him all along.

DragonSoul
12-06-2011, 12:24 PM

you are who "we" thought you were doesnt include me. it includes the people who did believe in him all along.
Just checking... Nothing wrong with changing your opinion, unless you do it based on the change in the way the wind blows ;-)

nygfanmaybe
12-06-2011, 03:50 PM
</P>

</P>

Wow...that is weird. I was just thinking the other day about the hype that surrounded Eli after he claimed to be a Top 5 QB in the league. I was thinking of how he grew up with a brother who is a Top 5 QB himself. It's not like Eli didn't have anything to compare himself to.</P>

jax5338
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM

must be nice to be able to change your stance on stuff week after week depending on how the team does and who performs well that week like the OP.

dumb.

myles2424
12-06-2011, 04:03 PM

We need to fix our o-line and linebackers and we're set I think rolle & canty can be upgraded, considering what they bring for their $$$

MikeIsaGiant
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM

We need to fix our o-line and linebackers and we're set I think rolle & canty can be upgraded, considering what they bring for their $$$

Agreed +1

Robert21156
12-06-2011, 08:10 PM
So glad you came to this conclusion, FINALLY! Didn't Eli throw 2 long passes that COULD have been caught Sunday but the DB's made great plays and out-fought our receivers? That would have been over 400 yards for the night. Yeah, Eli's not in the top 3 or 4 QB's, but he's in the next group of 3-5 for sure. Rivers has had amazing personnel (look at the size of his receiving corp), better offensive coordinators and offensive sets, and plays in mostly good weather in a middling division. He should put up great numbers. So why didn't we want a dome for our new stadium? I suppose we are just strong traditionalists and couldn't swallow the idea of a dome (also probably didn't want to spend the $). I like Eli a lot and wish he didn't have the 2 or 3 poor plays per game that hurt us, but he's truly not afraid to throw the ball deep, and if you're willing to take those kinds of risks, sometimes you get rewarded.

LT_Hits
12-06-2011, 08:21 PM
I agree, but as I am reading this I am watching the replay of the GB game where Eli threw the Pick six, he really needs to stop that shhhhhhhhheh!

Manning
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I can't believe that Eli & Peyton's regular season records are even at this point. It seemed like Peyton was starting those seasons where they went 12-4 or better before he hit 30.

gmen46
12-07-2011, 05:11 AM

And Peyton had not yet been to the Super Bowl at that point.

Redeyejedi
12-07-2011, 08:45 AM
According to Adam Rank the Giants will be looking for a new QB in the 2012 NFL Draft.</P>

"don't know if Joe Buck was aware of this, but the Giants also lost to the undefeated Patriots in the 2007 regular season before going on to win the Super Bowl. Oh, that's right; it was the only thing he talked about Sunday. Yeah, we all got it, Joe. The only problem with your analogy was the 2007 Giants were good. This current crop has lost four consecutive games and has just as good of a chance of finishing 6-10 than it does at 10-6. <FONT size=6>If the Giants do finish in the bottom six, do they finally address their long-standing need for a quarterback?</FONT> Up next: at Dallas "<!--

Second round: No.36, Louis Delmas (/players/louisdelmas/profile?id=DEL523629), S. Western Michigan; No. 50: Asher Allen (/players/asherallen/profile?id=ALL060962), CB Georgia</p> -->
</P>

nygfanmaybe
12-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm just wondering how you could get a screen name of "Harooni" out of Adam Rank...

RobCarpenter
12-07-2011, 08:59 AM
I'm just wondering how you could get a screen name of "Harooni" out of Adam Rank...</P>

If that was Harooni he'd being saying the Giants need to replace Eli with....Tiki. </P>

Andhe'd be serious.</P>

gumby742
12-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of. However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age.

nygfanmaybe
12-07-2011, 09:49 AM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of. However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age.</P>

Yeah...finally. Now, let's go out there and win a SB! Ohhh...wait..</P>

burier
12-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of.* However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age.*

Must be nice to be able to put the day of reckoning so far off into the future.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that for you next season will be the season that never comes.

gumby742
12-07-2011, 11:56 AM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of. However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age. Must be nice to be able to put the day of reckoning so far off into the future. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that for you next season will be the season that never comes.</P>

Funny how you think I'm just out to get Eli, when the fact is, it takes more then one season to convince me. That applies to everyone. Not just Eli. Am I annointing JPP to be a great player? Nope. Cruz? Nope. Nicks? Yes, because he's shown he can produce for a couple years now. </P>

Eli is having a great year and you think people are having a tough time swallowing it? Really? Maybe, just maybe, that people just have higher expectations then you do. Maybe we are more then just Eli fans? We're Giant fans? </P>

Let me raise a scenario to you and maybe you're just too young to relate. You're a manager of a person for the last 8 years. He has a history of having up and down performances on all his projects. One could be good. One could be not so good. And all of a sudden one year, he's super duper on all his projects. As a manager, you're going to promote him? Or are you going to wait to see that his great work aren't just flukes.</P>

Take off your Eli glasses for a minute will you?</P>

burier
12-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of.* However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age.* Must be nice to be able to put the day of reckoning so far off into the future. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that for you next season will be the season that never comes.</P>

Funny how you think I'm just out to get Eli, when the fact is, it takes more then one season to convince me.* That applies to everyone.* Not just Eli.* Am I annointing JPP to be a great player?* Nope.* Cruz?* Nope.* Nicks?* Yes, because he's shown he can produce for a couple years now.* </P>

Eli is having a great year and you think people are having a tough time swallowing it?* Really?* Maybe, just maybe, that people just have higher expectations then you do.* Maybe we are more then just Eli fans?* We're Giant fans?* </P>

Let me raise a scenario to you and maybe you're just too young to relate.* You're a manager of a person for the last 8 years.* He has a history of having up and down performances on all his projects.* One could be good.* One could be not so good.* And all of a sudden one year, he's super duper on all his projects.* As a manager, you're going to promote him?* Or are you going to wait to see that his great work aren't just flukes.</P>

The fatal flaw of this analogy is that Eli has not been up and down. Its yet another false perception that has no basis in reality.

To the contrary Eli has consistently improved as a player with the one annomoly being last year's 25 int performance. ( a career high and more than the previous two seasons combined.)

There is absolutely no legit measure to support any argument that Eli Manning is an up and down player. He has shown a steady if not spectacular assention as a player and has the games biggest prize on his resume. Some games are stastically better than others but each game has its own story and looking at something as elemantary as passer rating is a fools game.

Its not about beging an Eli fan or a Giants fan. We're Giants fans here just some chose to hate the Quarterback and others dont.

TuckYou
12-07-2011, 01:42 PM
</P>

Biggest diference, Eli has a ring already.</P>

FUUFNF
12-07-2011, 02:11 PM

LOL

gumby742
12-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of. However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age. Must be nice to be able to put the day of reckoning so far off into the future. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that for you next season will be the season that never comes.</P>

Funny how you think I'm just out to get Eli, when the fact is, it takes more then one season to convince me. That applies to everyone. Not just Eli. Am I annointing JPP to be a great player? Nope. Cruz? Nope. Nicks? Yes, because he's shown he can produce for a couple years now. </P>

Eli is having a great year and you think people are having a tough time swallowing it? Really? Maybe, just maybe, that people just have higher expectations then you do. Maybe we are more then just Eli fans? We're Giant fans? </P>

Let me raise a scenario to you and maybe you're just too young to relate. You're a manager of a person for the last 8 years. He has a history of having up and down performances on all his projects. One could be good. One could be not so good. And all of a sudden one year, he's super duper on all his projects. As a manager, you're going to promote him? Or are you going to wait to see that his great work aren't just flukes.</P>

The fatal flaw of this analogy is that Eli has not been up and down. Its yet another false perception that has no basis in reality. To the contrary Eli has consistently improved as a player with the one annomoly being last year's 25 int performance. ( a career high and more than the previous two seasons combined.) There is absolutely no legit measure to support any argument that Eli Manning is an up and down player. He has shown a steady if not spectacular assention as a player and has the games biggest prize on his resume. Some games are stastically better than others but each game has its own story and looking at something as elemantary as passer rating is a fools game. Its not about beging an Eli fan or a Giants fan. We're Giants fans here just some chose to hate the Quarterback and others dont.</P>

There is plenty of evidence that Eli is up and down.</P>

1) I'm not the only one who has said Eli lacks consistency. There has been a huge amount of media that has stated as such. Or do you just block those out and dismiss it as nonsense? Either way, the notion that Eli lacks consistency is wide spread.</P>

2) Take QB Rating. And Yes i know, any rating is flawed, but it is an indicator. Examine the last 8 years of Eli's career. How many times has he gone back to back games with a good QB rating? How many times has he gone 3 straight games with having a good performance? Then compare it to Ben. QB Rating is an indicator and a decent one at that. It does NOT tell t he entire story, but 8/10 a QB with a rating of 100 does better then a QB rating of 77. It's a good indicator. Again, the keyword is "indicator". Some people here don't understand the word. Maybe you'll be different. In defending Eli, Eli defenders have used the same excuses for 8 years. Every QB's struggles has it's own "story". Hell, I can defend Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy and even Jamarcus Russell if i wanted to. When you have to defend someone for 7 years, something smells and that's what you Eli people don't get.</P>

Just like the other post where you asked me to provide examples of teams that have holes to fill and didn't address them, I'm providing you 2 very valid examples here. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for you to name me teams with more defensive talent then we do.</P>

bandwgn86
12-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of. However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age.</P>

"Eli you are who I thought you were but if your not good next year than you are what i thought you were" lol</P>

gumby742
12-07-2011, 02:29 PM

"Eli you are who I thought you were but if your not good next year than you are what i thought you were" lol</P>

</P>

Actually its, "Eli, you are THIS YEAR who I thought you COULD BE, but if you're not good next year, then you are what I thought you were."</P>

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of.* However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age.*</P>

</P>

Actually its, "Eli, you are THIS YEAR who I thought you COULD BE, but if you're not good next year, then you are what I thought you were."</P>You did not even have to type that, as we had already known what you would have written.

burier
12-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of.* However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age.* Must be nice to be able to put the day of reckoning so far off into the future. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that for you next season will be the season that never comes.</P>

Funny how you think I'm just out to get Eli, when the fact is, it takes more then one season to convince me.* That applies to everyone.* Not just Eli.* Am I annointing JPP to be a great player?* Nope.* Cruz?* Nope.* Nicks?* Yes, because he's shown he can produce for a couple years now.* </P>

Eli is having a great year and you think people are having a tough time swallowing it?* Really?* Maybe, just maybe, that people just have higher expectations then you do.* Maybe we are more then just Eli fans?* We're Giant fans?* </P>

Let me raise a scenario to you and maybe you're just too young to relate.* You're a manager of a person for the last 8 years.* He has a history of having up and down performances on all his projects.* One could be good.* One could be not so good.* And all of a sudden one year, he's super duper on all his projects.* As a manager, you're going to promote him?* Or are you going to wait to see that his great work aren't just flukes.</P>

The fatal flaw of this analogy is that Eli has not been up and down. Its yet another false perception that has no basis in reality. To the contrary Eli has consistently improved as a player with the one annomoly being last year's 25 int performance. ( a career high and more than the previous two seasons combined.) There is absolutely no legit measure to support any argument that Eli Manning is an up and down player. He has shown a steady if not spectacular assention as a player and has the games biggest prize on his resume. Some games are stastically better than others but each game has its own story and looking at something as elemantary as passer rating is a fools game. Its not about beging an Eli fan or a Giants fan. We're Giants fans here just some chose to hate the Quarterback and others dont.</P>

1)* I'm not the only one who has said Eli lacks consistency.* There has been a huge amount of media that has stated as such.* Or do you just block those out and dismiss it as nonsense?* Either way, the notion that Eli lacks consistency is wide spread.</P>

2)* Take QB Rating.* And Yes i know, any rating is flawed, but it is an indicator.* Examine the last 8 years of Eli's career.* How many times has he gone back to back games with a good QB rating?* How many times has he gone 3 straight games with having a good performance? Then compare it to Ben.* QB Rating is an indicator and a decent one at that.* It does NOT tell t he entire story, but 8/10 a QB with a rating of 100 does better then a QB rating of 77.* It's a good indicator.* Again, the keyword is "indicator".* Some people here don't understand the word.* Maybe you'll be different.* In defending Eli, Eli defenders have used the same excuses for 8 years.* Every QB's struggles has it's own "story".* Hell, I can defend Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy and even Jamarcus Russell if i wanted to.* When you have to defend someone for 7 years, something smells and that's what you Eli people don't get.</P>

Just like the other post where you asked me to provide examples of teams that have holes to fill and didn't address them, I'm providing you 2 very valid examples here.* Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for you to name me teams with more defensive talent then we do.</P>

1) I'm not oblivious to the widespread perception that Eli is inconsistent. I just feel it is inaccurate. In another thread someone stated that there is a believe that Eli is rattled by pressure which is not the case now and never was the case. Just because alot of people say it doesn't make it true especially when the opinion of many are molden by the few with loud microphones.

2) Like I indicated in the previous post I don't believe that passer rating (Or any stat) in a vacume is andvantageous tool for analytical purposes.

If we're going to use stats lets use large sample instead of cherry picking games or spots in certain seasons where Eli appeared to YOU to be playing irratically.

Eli's TD numbers from 2004-2008 in chronological order

6-24-24-23-21

As you know he played only 9 games his rookie year but for the next 4 years his numbers are pretty damn consistent, I stopped at 2008 because in 2009 his TD number jumps to 27...Which is a fairly considerable improvement....In 2010 he threw 31 tds.

Like it or not over time we're getting a player who is an amazingly consistent AND improving scorer of the football. (He'll likely match or better last years total this season)

2004-2008 Yards in Chronological order

1,043 - 3,762 - 3,244 -3,336 - 3,238

Again over in a 5 year span we're seeing very consistent yardage totals until 2009 when he again IMPROVED and broke the 4000 yards mark. (He broke the 4k mark in 2010 aswell and will very likely set a personal record for yardage this season.)

2004-2008 INTs in chronological order

9-17-18-20-*10

Keeping in mind that in his rookie year he only played 9 games even his INT numbers are very consistent year to year except for 2008 when the number IMPROVED drastically (See a theme here)

The mark of a poor argument is one that states others believe it so it must be true ala Hitler in Nazi Germany.

It doesn't matter how many talking heads want to call Eli inconsistent the numbers don't support it. the FACTS don't support it. He's been consistently improving as a player since he was drafted.

As far as the other thread you mention you'll have to remind me because I don't see anything wrong with our Defense other than Linebackers and I think our D coordinator has major issues he needs to work out with Jesus.

Edit: With the numbers I just presented I don't see how you can sit there with a straight face and say "Ill reserve judgement until next year...We've got 7 1/2 years of sample that reasonably predicts that next seasons numbers will better than this year's by and large

gumby742
12-07-2011, 03:27 PM

1) I'm not the only one who has said Eli lacks consistency. There has been a huge amount of media that has stated as such. Or do you just block those out and dismiss it as nonsense? Either way, the notion that Eli lacks consistency is wide spread.</P>

2) Take QB Rating. And Yes i know, any rating is flawed, but it is an indicator. Examine the last 8 years of Eli's career. How many times has he gone back to back games with a good QB rating? How many times has he gone 3 straight games with having a good performance? Then compare it to Ben. QB Rating is an indicator and a decent one at that. It does NOT tell t he entire story, but 8/10 a QB with a rating of 100 does better then a QB rating of 77. It's a good indicator. Again, the keyword is "indicator". Some people here don't understand the word. Maybe you'll be different. In defending Eli, Eli defenders have used the same excuses for 8 years. Every QB's struggles has it's own "story". Hell, I can defend Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy and even Jamarcus Russell if i wanted to. When you have to defend someone for 7 years, something smells and that's what you Eli people don't get.</P>

Just like the other post where you asked me to provide examples of teams that have holes to fill and didn't address them, I'm providing you 2 very valid examples here. Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for you to name me teams with more defensive talent then we do.</P>

1) I'm not oblivious to the widespread perception that Eli is inconsistent. I just feel it is inaccurate. In another thread someone stated that there is a believe that Eli is rattled by pressure which is not the case now and never was the case. Just because alot of people say it doesn't make it true especially when the opinion of many are molden by the few with loud microphones. 2) Like I indicated in the previous post I don't believe that passer rating (Or any stat) in a vacume is andvantageous tool for analytical purposes. If we're going to use stats lets use large sample instead of cherry picking games or spots in certain seasons where Eli appeared to YOU to be playing irratically. Eli's TD numbers from 2004-2008 in chronological order 6-24-24-23-21 As you know he played only 9 games his rookie year but for the next 4 years his numbers are pretty damn consistent, I stopped at 2008 because in 2009 his TD number jumps to 27...Which is a fairly considerable improvement....In 2010 he threw 31 tds. Like it or not over time we're getting a player who is an amazingly consistent AND improving scorer of the football. (He'll likely match or better last years total this season) 2004-2008 Yards in Chronological order 1,043 - 3,762 - 3,244 -3,336 - 3,238 Again over in a 5 year span we're seeing very consistent yardage totals until 2009 when he again IMPROVED and broke the 4000 yards mark. (He broke the 4k mark in 2010 aswell and will very likely set a personal record for yardage this season.) 2004-2008 INTs in chronological order 9-17-18-20-*10 Keeping in mind that in his rookie year he only played 9 games even his INT numbers are very consistent year to year except for 2008 when the number IMPROVED drastically (See a theme here) The mark of a poor argument is one that states others believe it so it must be true ala Hitler in Nazi Germany. It doesn't matter how many talking heads want to call Eli inconsistent the numbers don't support it. the FACTS don't support it. He's been consistently improving as a player since he was drafted. As far as the other thread you mention you'll have to remind me because I don't see anything wrong with our Defense other than Linebackers and I think our D coordinator has major issues he needs to work out with Jesus.</P>

Let me stop you right there regarding #2. You already having the wrong approach in proving your point. When you're proving anything using statistics you want to largest population of data possible. By choosing to ignoring data game by game, you're decreasing the accuracy of your data. C'mon man, you learn this in like 8th grade science or high school. Instead of potentially 100 data points, you now only have 8.</P>

Edit: And if you don't want to believe something that is very widely thought, don't make it seem like that to think so is far fetched. If the majority believes something, it believes it for a reason - whether or not you believe it. And usually, the reason is a good one. It's plain ignorant to denounce something you don't agree with.</P>

bandwgn86
12-07-2011, 03:29 PM

</P>

Actually its, "Eli, you are THIS YEAR who I thought you COULD BE, but if you're not good next year, then you are what I thought you were."</P>snake oil salesman..[:)]

nygfanmaybe
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM
1) I'm not oblivious to the widespread perception that Eli is inconsistent. I just feel it is inaccurate. In another thread someone stated that there is a believe that Eli is rattled by pressure which is not the case now and never was the case. Just because alot of people say it doesn't make it true especially when the opinion of many are molden by the few with loud microphones. 2) Like I indicated in the previous post I don't believe that passer rating (Or any stat) in a vacume is andvantageous tool for analytical purposes. If we're going to use stats lets use large sample instead of cherry picking games or spots in certain seasons where Eli appeared to YOU to be playing irratically. Eli's TD numbers from 2004-2008 in chronological order 6-24-24-23-21 As you know he played only 9 games his rookie year but for the next 4 years his numbers are pretty damn consistent, I stopped at 2008 because in 2009 his TD number jumps to 27...Which is a fairly considerable improvement....In 2010 he threw 31 tds. Like it or not over time we're getting a player who is an amazingly consistent AND improving scorer of the football. (He'll likely match or better last years total this season) 2004-2008 Yards in Chronological order 1,043 - 3,762 - 3,244 -3,336 - 3,238 Again over in a 5 year span we're seeing very consistent yardage totals until 2009 when he again IMPROVED and broke the 4000 yards mark. (He broke the 4k mark in 2010 aswell and will very likely set a personal record for yardage this season.) 2004-2008 INTs in chronological order 9-17-18-20-*10 Keeping in mind that in his rookie year he only played 9 games even his INT numbers are very consistent year to year except for 2008 when the number IMPROVED drastically (See a theme here) The mark of a poor argument is one that states others believe it so it must be true ala Hitler in Nazi Germany. It doesn't matter how many talking heads want to call Eli inconsistent the numbers don't support it. the FACTS don't support it. He's been consistently improving as a player since he was drafted. As far as the other thread you mention you'll have to remind me because I don't see anything wrong with our Defense other than Linebackers and I think our D coordinator has major issues he needs to work out with Jesus. Edit: With the numbers I just presented I don't see how you can sit there with a straight face and say "Ill reserve judgement until next year...We've got 7 1/2 years of sample that reasonably predicts that next seasons numbers will better than this year's by and large</P>

Very well done...deserving of praise. I might add, though, that since Eli began starting in 2004, he has consistently been ready to go the following week.</P>

gumby742
12-07-2011, 03:32 PM

</P>

Actually its, "Eli, you are THIS YEAR who I thought you COULD BE, but if you're not good next year, then you are what I thought you were."</P>

snake oil salesman..[:)]</P>

lol. you totally lost me.</P>

gumby742
12-07-2011, 03:34 PM
1) I'm not oblivious to the widespread perception that Eli is inconsistent. I just feel it is inaccurate. In another thread someone stated that there is a believe that Eli is rattled by pressure which is not the case now and never was the case. Just because alot of people say it doesn't make it true especially when the opinion of many are molden by the few with loud microphones. 2) Like I indicated in the previous post I don't believe that passer rating (Or any stat) in a vacume is andvantageous tool for analytical purposes. If we're going to use stats lets use large sample instead of cherry picking games or spots in certain seasons where Eli appeared to YOU to be playing irratically. Eli's TD numbers from 2004-2008 in chronological order 6-24-24-23-21 As you know he played only 9 games his rookie year but for the next 4 years his numbers are pretty damn consistent, I stopped at 2008 because in 2009 his TD number jumps to 27...Which is a fairly considerable improvement....In 2010 he threw 31 tds. Like it or not over time we're getting a player who is an amazingly consistent AND improving scorer of the football. (He'll likely match or better last years total this season) 2004-2008 Yards in Chronological order 1,043 - 3,762 - 3,244 -3,336 - 3,238 Again over in a 5 year span we're seeing very consistent yardage totals until 2009 when he again IMPROVED and broke the 4000 yards mark. (He broke the 4k mark in 2010 aswell and will very likely set a personal record for yardage this season.) 2004-2008 INTs in chronological order 9-17-18-20-*10 Keeping in mind that in his rookie year he only played 9 games even his INT numbers are very consistent year to year except for 2008 when the number IMPROVED drastically (See a theme here) The mark of a poor argument is one that states others believe it so it must be true ala Hitler in Nazi Germany. It doesn't matter how many talking heads want to call Eli inconsistent the numbers don't support it. the FACTS don't support it. He's been consistently improving as a player since he was drafted. As far as the other thread you mention you'll have to remind me because I don't see anything wrong with our Defense other than Linebackers and I think our D coordinator has major issues he needs to work out with Jesus. Edit: With the numbers I just presented I don't see how you can sit there with a straight face and say "Ill reserve judgement until next year...We've got 7 1/2 years of sample that reasonably predicts that next seasons numbers will better than this year's by and large</P>

Very well done...deserving of praise. I might add, though, that since Eli began starting in 2004, he has consistently been ready to go the following week.</P>

</P>

read my response to burier. </P>

burier
12-07-2011, 03:35 PM

1)* I'm not the only one who has said Eli lacks consistency.* There has been a huge amount of media that has stated as such.* Or do you just block those out and dismiss it as nonsense?* Either way, the notion that Eli lacks consistency is wide spread.</P>

2)* Take QB Rating.* And Yes i know, any rating is flawed, but it is an indicator.* Examine the last 8 years of Eli's career.* How many times has he gone back to back games with a good QB rating?* How many times has he gone 3 straight games with having a good performance? Then compare it to Ben.* QB Rating is an indicator and a decent one at that.* It does NOT tell t he entire story, but 8/10 a QB with a rating of 100 does better then a QB rating of 77.* It's a good indicator.* Again, the keyword is "indicator".* Some people here don't understand the word.* Maybe you'll be different.* In defending Eli, Eli defenders have used the same excuses for 8 years.* Every QB's struggles has it's own "story".* Hell, I can defend Sam Bradford and Colt McCoy and even Jamarcus Russell if i wanted to.* When you have to defend someone for 7 years, something smells and that's what you Eli people don't get.</P>

Just like the other post where you asked me to provide examples of teams that have holes to fill and didn't address them, I'm providing you 2 very valid examples here.* Speaking of which, I'm still waiting for you to name me teams with more defensive talent then we do.</P>

1) I'm not oblivious to the widespread perception that Eli is inconsistent. I just feel it is inaccurate. In another thread someone stated that there is a believe that Eli is rattled by pressure which is not the case now and never was the case. Just because alot of people say it doesn't make it true especially when the opinion of many are molden by the few with loud microphones. 2) Like I indicated in the previous post I don't believe that passer rating (Or any stat) in a vacume is andvantageous tool for analytical purposes. If we're going to use stats lets use large sample instead of cherry picking games or spots in certain seasons where Eli appeared to YOU to be playing irratically. Eli's TD numbers from 2004-2008 in chronological order 6-24-24-23-21 As you know he played only 9 games his rookie year but for the next 4 years his numbers are pretty damn consistent, I stopped at 2008 because in 2009 his TD number jumps to 27...Which is a fairly considerable improvement....In 2010 he threw 31 tds. Like it or not over time we're getting a player who is an amazingly consistent AND improving scorer of the football. (He'll likely match or better last years total this season) 2004-2008 Yards in Chronological order 1,043 - 3,762 - 3,244 -3,336 - 3,238 Again over in a 5 year span we're seeing very consistent yardage totals until 2009 when he again IMPROVED and broke the 4000 yards mark. (He broke the 4k mark in 2010 aswell and will very likely set a personal record for yardage this season.) 2004-2008 INTs in chronological order 9-17-18-20-*10 Keeping in mind that in his rookie year he only played 9 games even his INT numbers are very consistent year to year except for 2008 when the number IMPROVED drastically (See a theme here) The mark of a poor argument is one that states others believe it so it must be true ala Hitler in Nazi Germany. It doesn't matter how many talking heads want to call Eli inconsistent the numbers don't support it. the FACTS don't support it. He's been consistently improving as a player since he was drafted. As far as the other thread you mention you'll have to remind me because I don't see anything wrong with our Defense other than Linebackers and I think our D coordinator has major issues he needs to work out with Jesus.</P>

Let me stop* you right there regarding #2.* You already having the wrong approach in* proving your point.* When you're proving anything using statistics you want to largest population of data possible.* By choosing to ignoring data game by game, you're decreasing the accuracy of your data.* C'mon man, you learn this in like 8th grade science or high school.* Instead of potentially 100 data points, you now only have 8.</P>

Are you trolling right now?

If I had time to plot a graph of every game the kid ever played it would still make your argument about him being inconsistent look utterly wrong. In fact the only way you can Begin to support your argument is if you use hand select games that suit your cause.

And then you have the nerve to compare passer ratings to Ben when (since you're so good at 8th grade math) you should know there are actually far too many variables for that comparison to offer any real insignt.

Like quality of opponent
Available weapons
weather
comparitive importance of the games in question
etc etc etc

taking a look at the big picture season stats over an extended period of time is far and away a more efficient method.

*Drops mic, exits stage*

Roosevelt
12-07-2011, 03:38 PM

must be nice to be able to change your stance on stuff week after week depending on how the team does and who performs well that week like the OP.

dumb.

If a player is inconsistent what is wrong with pointing that out?

It doesn't mean you are routing against the guy.

gumby742
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM

Let me stop you right there regarding #2. You already having the wrong approach in proving your point. When you're proving anything using statistics you want to largest population of data possible. By choosing to ignoring data game by game, you're decreasing the accuracy of your data. C'mon man, you learn this in like 8th grade science or high school. Instead of potentially 100 data points, you now only have 8.</P>

Are you trolling right now? If I had time to plot a graph of every game the kid ever played it would still make your argument about him being inconsistent look utterly wrong. In fact the only way you can Begin to support your argument is if you use hand select games that suit your cause. And then you have the nerve to compare passer ratings to Ben when (since you're so good at 8th grade math) you should know there are actually far too many variables for that comparison to offer any real insignt. Like quality of opponent Available weapons weather comparitive importance of the games in question etc etc etc taking a look at the big picture season stats over an extended period of time is far and away a more efficient method. *Drops mic, exits stage*</P>

Go ahead and Plot Eli's passer rating for his entire career. And then plot Ben's. You need another to compare him to because after all, everything is relative. You can't call someone inconsistent and not have a baseline. I dare you. it'll show that eli's performance is all over the place.</P>

If you know anything about QB Rating, it already takes multiple stats into account and puts it in a formula. If you understand the formula, you'll show that QB Rating rewards efficiency. Using QB rating as an indicator is good in the regard that it takes multiple stats into account and is fairly accurate at what its meant to do.</P>

lawl
12-07-2011, 03:53 PM
Go ahead and Plot Eli's passer rating for his entire career. And then plot Ben's. You need another to compare him to because after all, everything is relative. You can't call someone inconsistent and not have a baseline. I dare you. it'll show that eli's performance is all over the place.

If you know anything about QB Rating, it already takes multiple stats into account and puts it in a formula. If you understand the formula, you'll show that QB Rating rewards efficiency. Using QB rating as an indicator is good in the regard that it takes multiple stats into account and is fairly accurate at what its meant to do.</P>

</P>

I told you to do this months ago. It's only like 150 games, just do it so you won't have to type up your mess of an argument every other day of the week.</P>

Plot Eli's, and on that same graph have a straight line at 80. </P>

Plot Ben's, and on that same graph have a straight line at 90.</P>

Save it, update once a week, voila. Probably take an hour.</P>

jax5338
12-07-2011, 03:56 PM

dumb.

people on here are such phonies. this kid made a thread in the preseason that was something along the lines of "eli cant lead this team." it still pops up once in a while. now hes starting threads to praise eli. it's nothing more than idiots who are wrong trying to save face.

if you have a viewpoint about something, stand by it. dont come out one day saying "eli cant lead us" and then when he's one of the few giants performing at a high level say "oh eli i believed in you all along." its a bunch of lame *** hypocritical bull****.

burier
12-07-2011, 03:58 PM

Let me stop* you right there regarding #2.* You already having the wrong approach in* proving your point.* When you're proving anything using statistics you want to largest population of data possible.* By choosing to ignoring data game by game, you're decreasing the accuracy of your data.* C'mon man, you learn this in like 8th grade science or high school.* Instead of potentially 100 data points, you now only have 8.</P>

Are you trolling right now? If I had time to plot a graph of every game the kid ever played it would still make your argument about him being inconsistent look utterly wrong. In fact the only way you can Begin to support your argument is if you use hand select games that suit your cause. And then you have the nerve to compare passer ratings to Ben when (since you're so good at 8th grade math) you should know there are actually far too many variables for that comparison to offer any real insignt. Like quality of opponent Available weapons weather comparitive importance of the games in question etc etc etc taking a look at the big picture season stats over an extended period of time is far and away a more efficient method. *Drops mic, exits stage*</P>

Go ahead and Plot Eli's passer rating for his entire career.* And then plot Ben's.* You need another to compare him to because after all, everything is relative.* You can't call someone inconsistent and not have a baseline.* I dare you.* it'll show that eli's performance is all over the place.</P>

If you know anything about QB Rating, it already takes multiple stats into account and puts it in a formula.* If you understand the formula, you'll show that QB Rating rewards efficiency.* Using QB rating as an indicator is good in the regard that it takes multiple stats into account and is fairly accurate at what its meant to do.</P>

I just posted the necessary stats and you speak of Passer rating like its some sort of holy grail of stats.. It sucks right now Tony Romo is a higher rated Passer than Eli Manning THUS DISQUALIFYING IT AS AN END ALL BE ALL STATISTIC.

If you'd like I can post Eli's season passer ratings but that would again be evidence of consistent play and consistent improvement year to year.

So you want to justify your hate for Eli because some games (Many wins I might add) haven't been the greatest statistical marvels go right ahead a be merry thinking that way just know that you contradict even yourself because earlier YOU, not me, made a comment about what a Manager would do and how a manger would go about handing out a raise.

Well I don't know what kind of jobs you've held down but all the Jobs I've had practiced quarterly and yearly reviews...Not week to week reviews like you try impose on our Quarterback

and If I had an employee who produced as well as Eli over the same period of time I'd gladly give him a fat raise.

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 04:02 PM
really going with QBR? Worthless stat. Mind you, lets not forget the level of competition our division has vs Pitts over the last 8 years.

But knock yourself out if you would like. People only see what they want. When you see the whole (big) picture then you are being honest.

Look at division. Teams they faced, teams that they were on, ala Pitt top tier defense, run game, Oline and could argue Wrs over a much greater stretch. Then who has adapted well in the situation when they did not have it all go there way, as in injuries or players being replaced. Who has been improving every year and by how many categories compared to the other.

burier
12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I get a little twinge when I've won and I won.

Quoth The Burier...never more.

bandwgn86
12-07-2011, 04:32 PM

</P>

lol. you totally lost me.</P>just sayin you're a smooth talker (typer)

gumby742
12-07-2011, 04:46 PM
I just posted the necessary stats and you speak of Passer rating like its some sort of holy grail of stats.. It sucks right now Tony Romo is a higher rated Passer than Eli Manning THUS DISQUALIFYING IT AS AN END ALL BE ALL STATISTIC. If you'd like I can post Eli's season passer ratings but that would again be evidence of consistent play and consistent improvement year to year. So you want to justify your hate for Eli because some games (Many wins I might add) haven't been the greatest statistical marvels go right ahead a be merry thinking that way just know that you contradict even yourself because earlier YOU, not me, made a comment about what a Manager would do and how a manger would go about handing out a raise. Well I don't know what kind of jobs you've held down but all the Jobs I've had practiced quarterly and yearly reviews...Not week to week reviews like you try impose on our Quarterback and If I had an employee who produced as well as Eli over the same period of time I'd gladly give him a fat raise.</P>

Sigh. Passer rating is an indicator and a good one at that. It's not a statistic. If Romo has a higher rating then Eli, then that means both are playing at a high level and both are having good years. A QB rating difference of say 5 is negligible. A rating difference of say15 is meaningful. Let's say Eli finishes the year with a 100 rating. I'll bet you he performed better then every QB who had a QB rating of 85 or below.</P>

Let me ask you a question. When you have those quarterly or yearly reviews, how does the manager assess whether you did a good or a bad job? Day by day. Does he say, "You do good the last few years so, you did a good job this year."? No. He says in so many words, "Throughout the entire year (day by day), you've performed great."</P>

Try Eli is a top tier QB in the NFL. There's no doubt about it. But he's also getting paid like one. When you compare consistency you're going to compare him to the likes of Ben, Rivers, etc. So as a manager, you're going to assess value based on his peers - people who are paid like you. </P>

You're man love for Eli is truly disturbing.</P>

gumby742
12-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Go ahead and Plot Eli's passer rating for his entire career. And then plot Ben's. You need another to compare him to because after all, everything is relative. You can't call someone inconsistent and not have a baseline. I dare you. it'll show that eli's performance is all over the place.

</P>

I told you to do this months ago. It's only like 150 games, just do it so you won't have to type up your mess of an argument every other day of the week.</P>

</P>

Believe it or not , i just tried it. It looks really ugly. I think i need to fudge more data points to "smooth" it out. Otherwise, it's unreadable.</P>

burier
12-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I just posted the necessary stats and you speak of Passer rating like its some sort of holy grail of stats.. It sucks right now Tony Romo is a higher rated Passer than Eli Manning THUS DISQUALIFYING IT AS AN END ALL BE ALL STATISTIC. If you'd like I can post Eli's season passer ratings but that would again be evidence of consistent play and consistent improvement year to year. So you want to justify your hate for Eli because some games (Many wins I might add) haven't been the greatest statistical marvels go right ahead a be merry thinking that way just know that you contradict even yourself because earlier YOU, not me, made a comment about what a Manager would do and how a manger would go about handing out a raise. Well I don't know what kind of jobs you've held down but all the Jobs I've had practiced quarterly and yearly reviews...Not week to week reviews like you try impose on our Quarterback and If I had an employee who produced as well as Eli over the same period of time I'd gladly give him a fat raise.</P>

Sigh.* Passer rating is an indicator and a good one at that.* It's not a statistic.* If Romo has a higher rating then Eli, then that means both are playing at a high level and both are having good years.* A QB rating difference of say 5 is negligible.* A rating difference of say*15 is meaningful.* Let's say Eli finishes the year with a 100 rating.* I'll bet you he performed better then every QB who had a QB rating of* 85 or below.</P>

Let me ask you a question.* When you have those quarterly or yearly reviews, how does the manager assess whether you did a good or a bad job?* Day by day.* Does he* say, "You do good the last few years so, you did a good job this year."*?* No.* *He says in so many words, "Throughout the entire year (day by day), you've performed great."</P>

Try Eli is a top tier QB in the NFL.* There's no doubt about it.* But he's also getting paid like one.* When you compare consistency you're going to compare him to the likes of Ben, Rivers, etc.* So as a manager, you're going to assess value based on his peers - people who are paid like you.* </P>

You're man love for Eli is truly disturbing.</P>

I don't have a man love for Eli. I'm just a fan,

You called Eli out for being inconsistent were proven wrong.

Now we're changing the argument to.."Well He's not as consistent as Ben Rothlisburger and Philip Rivers.

That's a separate debate...the last one is well...buried.

If want to argue who's the most consistent of the 3 let me know I'm happy to oblige

Marvelousmik
12-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Are you trolling right now?

If I had time to plot a graph of every game the kid ever played it would still make your argument about him being inconsistent look utterly wrong. In fact the only way you can Begin to support your argument is if you use hand select games that suit your cause.

And then you have the nerve to compare passer ratings to Ben when (since you're so good at 8th grade math) you should know there are actually far too many variables for that comparison to offer any real insignt.

Like quality of opponent
Available weapons
weather
comparitive importance of the games in question
etc etc etc

taking a look at the big picture season stats over an extended period of time is far and away a more efficient method.

*Drops mic, exits stage*

Not trying to take sides here, but with all due respect, your way of looking at Eli's consistency is very flawed. And ill explain why.

Elis stats from 05 to 08.

2005 -- 24-17

2006 -- 24-18

2007 --23-20

2008 -- 23-10

For the sake of saving time, Pretend there are only 10 games in a season and these are eli's 2008 touchdown to interception ratios.

week 1 - 3 TD 0 INT
week 2 - 2 TD 0 INT
week 3 - 1TD 2 INT
week 4 - 2TD 3 INT
week 5 - 3TD 0 INT
week 6 - 4TD 2 INT
week 7 - 1TD 3 INT
week 8- 3 TD 5 INT
week 9 - 0TD 3 INT
week 10 - 5TD 0 INT

This adds up to 24 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. But it doesnt mean he was consistent.
These are not the real stats of each game, but its an example of how your way of judging consistency is wrong.

Now you could go through 2005 to 2008 and 08 would be the only season where he played "really good" consistently". I am not stating if he is or isnt consistent ( i dont want to get into a long debate). all i am saying is you have to look at each game individually in order to know if someone is consistent.

if hakeem nicks caught 0 passes in the first 14 games of a season and caught 50 passes in each of the last 2 games, he would have 100 catches on the season. But it doesnt mean he is consistent. Lol just had to make a quick point on this topic.

Roosevelt
12-07-2011, 05:35 PM

dumb.

people on here are such phonies. this kid made a thread in the preseason that was something along the lines of "eli cant lead this team." it still pops up once in a while. now hes starting threads to praise eli. it's nothing more than idiots who are wrong trying to save face.

if you have a viewpoint about something, stand by it. dont come out one day saying "eli cant lead us" and then when he's one of the few giants performing at a high level say "oh eli i believed in you all along." its a bunch of lame *** hypocritical bull****.

That I agree with.

If you said something definitive like that about Eli then you have to eat crow because you were wrong.

Marvelousmik
12-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Also qb rating is a very accurate stat. If you have the time go to NFL.com and look at everyone QB rating and im pretty sure it will be in order from the best to the worst. Without even looking i am going to guess rodgers, brady and brees are #1, 2 and 3. with #1 having the highest rating.

Marvelousmik
12-07-2011, 05:50 PM

dumb.

That I agree with.

If you said something definitive like that about Eli then you have to eat crow because you were wrong.

both of you should have read the posts on the first page

jints10
12-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Just wondering if you guys ever take into consideration who Eli is throwing to? like their is no one left on the WR corps from "07". Last year Smith didn't even play in like 8 or 9 games and Eli still threw for 4000 with 1 and 2 year guys. It takes time to develop a chemistry between a WR and a QB.

lawl
12-07-2011, 07:03 PM

</P>

</P>

Believe it or not , i just tried it. It looks really ugly. I think i need to fudge more data points to "smooth" it out. Otherwise, it's unreadable.</P>

</P>

Just make the graph bigger.</P>

Do a standard deviation and such too</P>

</P>

email me the excel </P>

giantsfan420
12-07-2011, 07:41 PM
eli wasnt too consistent up to that playoff run in 07 statistically. he still had awesome games and some pretty good stats, but it wasnt until that playoff run that he came of age. since then we know what we're getting with eli year in year out.

07 playoff run-amazing
08-i think 28 tds and 10 ints (wiped away because of the plex incident and first round loss. no one really remembers how awesome he was that year.)'\
09-again like 28 tds 14 ints-(wiped away bc of sherridan defense, had 4000 yards)
2010-31 tds 25 ints (anomaly year in ints, maybe eli felt he had to take more risks to get points knowing the defense we had, who kknows)
2011-on pace for like 5000 yards, 31 tds and 15 ints. same as the 08 09 years and the playoff run of 07. but is careful not to force things, and now our defense gives up more points than we're willing to try and get to protect the ball imo. for all those ints he had int 2010, we scored a ton of points bc eli didnt care what his stats looked like he was trying to get points and would force the issue. we went to 10-6 with the same defense as this year maybe two positions are different but we got an improved JPP and Prince.

Im just saying, if it took you until this year to say "eli manning is a great franchise qb who is on the level of the brady's and other top 5 qbs, then you were wearing a blindfold when eli was doing some amazing things. other factors on this team always fell apart, maily plex and the defense, and elis play is forgotten.

odd thing is, eli is the highest winning qb in the nfc since 2005 and like 3rd in the entire nfl in that span.

also i believe the 6th or 7th qb in nfl history to throw for at least 3000 yards and 20 tds in 7 years...he might even be the 5th ever qb to do so i dont remember the list of them who did it.

if we could field a defense that could maybe even win a couple games instead of there best job being to allow us to try and come from behind in the 4th, we'd be a much legitimate contender. hell even if we had a run game or a solid OL that gave him time and not allow 15 hits on him a game...i dunno. all i know, you put eli on a team like the packers right now, the packers run as smooth with eli as they do with rodgers.

we just need the defense to not allow 40 burgers so often in the 2nd half of the year. the 2nd half collaptse trend really hasnt been on eli as much as the d just giving up way way too many points in big games...

giantsfan420
12-07-2011, 07:41 PM
eli wasnt too consistent up to that playoff run in 07 statistically. he still had awesome games and some pretty good stats, but it wasnt until that playoff run that he came of age. since then we know what we're getting with eli year in year out.

07 playoff run-amazing
08-i think 28 tds and 10 ints (wiped away because of the plex incident and first round loss. no one really remembers how awesome he was that year.)'\
09-again like 28 tds 14 ints-(wiped away bc of sherridan defense, had 4000 yards)
2010-31 tds 25 ints (anomaly year in ints, maybe eli felt he had to take more risks to get points knowing the defense we had, who kknows)
2011-on pace for like 5000 yards, 31 tds and 15 ints. same as the 08 09 years and the playoff run of 07. but is careful not to force things, and now our defense gives up more points than we're willing to try and get to protect the ball imo. for all those ints he had int 2010, we scored a ton of points bc eli didnt care what his stats looked like he was trying to get points and would force the issue. we went to 10-6 with the same defense as this year maybe two positions are different but we got an improved JPP and Prince.

Im just saying, if it took you until this year to say "eli manning is a great franchise qb who is on the level of the brady's and other top 5 qbs, then you were wearing a blindfold when eli was doing some amazing things. other factors on this team always fell apart, maily plex and the defense, and elis play is forgotten.

odd thing is, eli is the highest winning qb in the nfc since 2005 and like 3rd in the entire nfl in that span.

also i believe the 6th or 7th qb in nfl history to throw for at least 3000 yards and 20 tds in 7 years...he might even be the 5th ever qb to do so i dont remember the list of them who did it.

if we could field a defense that could maybe even win a couple games instead of there best job being to allow us to try and come from behind in the 4th, we'd be a much legitimate contender. hell even if we had a run game or a solid OL that gave him time and not allow 15 hits on him a game...i dunno. all i know, you put eli on a team like the packers right now, the packers run as smooth with eli as they do with rodgers.

we just need the defense to not allow 40 burgers so often in the 2nd half of the year. the 2nd half collaptse trend really hasnt been on eli as much as the d just giving up way way too many points in big games...

Gianthunter
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
"managers" and "stats" no wonder we owe Chin [8-)] Meh nevermind [*-)]

NoHuddle10
12-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Haha, put Matt Flynn on a team like the packers right now and they run as smooth with Flynn as they do with Rodgers.

Look no further then to last years game against the Pats for evidence of that.

lawl
12-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Haha, put Matt Flynn on a team like the packers right now and they run as smooth with Flynn as they do with Rodgers. Look no further then to last years game against the Pats for evidence of that.</P>

Flynn is actually a pretty good QB. They lost that Pats game by the way.</P>

</P>

If you're somehow trying to minimize Rodgers' play over this year and his career in general then you're nuttier than I thought.</P>

gumby742
12-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Eli is finally performing at the level I thought he's capable of.* However, he'll need to do this next season in order for me to be convinced he's come of age.*</P>

</P>

lol.* you totally lost me.</P>just sayin you're a smooth talker (typer)

Must be from watching all that Paula Abdul on X Factor. And no, i don't watch it by choice. Haha.

gumby742
12-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Go ahead and Plot Eli's passer rating for his entire career.* And then plot Ben's.* You need another to compare him to because after all, everything is relative.* You can't call someone inconsistent and not have a baseline.* I dare you.* it'll show that eli's performance is all over the place.

If you know anything about QB Rating, it already takes multiple stats into account and puts it in a formula.* If you understand the formula, you'll show that QB Rating rewards efficiency.* Using QB rating as an indicator is good in the regard that it takes multiple stats into account and is fairly accurate at what its meant to do.</P>

</P>

</P>

Believe it or not , i just tried it.* It looks really ugly.* I think i need to fudge more data points to "smooth" it out.* Otherwise, it's unreadable.</P>

</P>

*</P>

email me the excel </P>

It's at work actually. lol. I'm gonna have to start a new one from home.

Will do it again later. Have to put the baby down since it's my turn tonight. lol.

DragonSoul
12-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Go ahead and Plot Eli's passer rating for his entire career.* And then plot Ben's.* You need another to compare him to because after all, everything is relative.* You can't call someone inconsistent and not have a baseline.* I dare you.* it'll show that eli's performance is all over the place.

</P>

</P>

Believe it or not , i just tried it.* It looks really ugly.* I think i need to fudge more data points to "smooth" it out.* Otherwise, it's unreadable.</P>

</P>

*</P>

email me the excel </P>

It's at work actually. lol. I'm gonna have to start a new one from home.

Will do it again later. Have to put the baby down since it's my turn tonight. lol.You a father? Scary thought lol j/k.... Congrats!!!! Do not fumble ffs.

gumby742
12-08-2011, 08:46 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

email me the excel </P>

It's at work actually. lol. I'm gonna have to start a new one from home. Will do it again later. Have to put the baby down since it's my turn tonight. lol.You a father? Scary thought lol j/k.... Congrats!!!! Do not fumble ffs.</P>

Father of 2 my friend.</P>

DragonSoul
12-08-2011, 09:03 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

email me the excel </P>

It's at work actually. lol. I'm gonna have to start a new one from home. Will do it again later. Have to put the baby down since it's my turn tonight. lol.You a father? Scary thought lol j/k.... Congrats!!!! Do not fumble ffs.</P>

Father of 2 my friend.</P>have to have a friendly poke here and there. Otherwise it get boring.

gumby742
12-08-2011, 09:04 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

email me the excel </P>

have to have a friendly poke here and there. Otherwise it get boring.</P>

That's why the Eli talk is so fun. It keeps the board going ...</P>

DragonSoul
12-08-2011, 09:08 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

*</P>

email me the excel </P>

That's why the Eli talk is so fun.* It keeps the board going ...</P>Needed a break from it, and after awhile it gets tiring to rewrite the same thing, talk about carpal tunnel lol.

Plus I was correct, and it has been shown in his play - stats. Just stick with me if you want to be correct 99% of the time.

gumby742
12-08-2011, 10:39 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

email me the excel </P>

That's why the Eli talk is so fun. It keeps the board going ...</P>

Needed a break from it, and after awhile it gets tiring to rewrite the same thing, talk about carpal tunnel lol. Plus I was correct, and it has been shown in his play - stats. Just stick with me if you want to be correct 99% of the time.</P>

If you're correct 99% of the time, then you must be right all the time out side of this board. If you want to be right 100% of the time, just think what I think.</P>

All kidding aside, what were you correct in?</P>