PDA

View Full Version : Fans... where do we stand?

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Ok the Giants won the Superbowl twice in 4 years but I feel a little empty. Don't you guys think that organizations should show a lil more appreciation to the fans?

I don't expect them to feed the world so it should be something they can do for people to prove that they're real fans. I think they should have a survey at the beginning of each season, maybe 20 questions relating to your team that fans can answer to show how much they know about their team. Make it a timed survey so you can't cheat.

Now if you pass the survey and depending on how my questions you answer correctly, you then receive either a free ticket to a game, some special VIP tickets to an event in case your team wins a Championship (a fan picnic or something like that), a free jersey, hat or something.

I feel that fans put a whole lot of time, energy, money and emotion into their favorite teams to only receive a parade when the teams wins a Championship. The players receive rings, bonuses and all the glory while the people who helps pay their salaries and follow them around the country gets a thank you, I love you and see you next year.

What do you guys think? I mean I wanna win something too... everything I own that says Giants on it, I payed for it.

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Ok I guess I'll give you guys some time to chime in. I'll be back later.

bLuereverie
03-04-2012, 04:36 PM
I don't know anything better to give fans than championship competitive teams.

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't know anything better to give fans than championship competitive teams.I knew somebody would say that but I'm sorry I don't feel the same way. I spend thousands supporting The Giants and I think we as fans should receive something more than a simple thank you. This isn't a debate, just my opinion.

TheEnigma
03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Hey Burner, how have you been man? Enjoying Walking Dead so far?

Anyway, I think the prizes for your idea would have to be based on the amount of questions asked and the percentage amount answered correctly.

For really good prizes, I think the fan would have to at least score around 90% correct on a 100 question quiz. Lesser prizes for shorter tests. That's my opinion at least since I don't think you should get a free season ticket for 10 questions lol.

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 05:26 PM

Anyway, I think the prizes for your idea would have to be based on the amount of questions asked and the percentage amount answered correctly.

For really good prizes, I think the fan would have to at least score around 90% correct on a 100 question quiz. Lesser prizes for shorter tests. That's my opinion at least since I don't think you should get a free season ticket for 10 questions lol.I'm good man... just playing the background, don't got much to talk about. How are you?

Yeah I can't wait until tonight's episode. I hope it's not just about torturing and interrogating that kid.

Yeah well if you don't receive a free ticket, maybe a discount. Teams should just show more appreciation... we spend a lot of money supporting them.

chasjay
03-04-2012, 07:12 PM
I live far from the NY/NJ area and don't spend a lot on gear. Just a lifelong fan from far away, so I don't really have a dog in the hunt. But I'd suggest looking at the benefit to local charities and youth organizations that come from the team and the players as something that is given back. I know that you were talking about something to recognize the individual fans who invest year after year with no material reward - but I don't know what they could or should do about that. I do think it would be a nice gesture, though.

bLuereverie
03-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't know anything better to give fans than championship competitive teams.I knew somebody would say that but I'm sorry I don't feel the same way. I spend thousands supporting The Giants and I think we as fans should receive something more than a simple thank you. This isn't a debate, just my opinion.

So it's a simple question. What do you want?

nhpgiantsfan
03-04-2012, 07:40 PM
You're choosing to spend your money on them. You could choose to spend your money on material goods if you wish. But you don't because you love football and this team. And they gave you the best possible reward that you could get. That is how they pay their fans back. That is all most fans want. If you are spending all your money on Giants gear, well then you are getting what you pay for.

Blue daddy
03-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I don't know what they could possibly give you other then a chapionship. How about a hat or t- shirt at every home game or perhaps a hot dog.

SweetZombieJesus
03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah I think putting a good product on the field and winning championships is the best reward.

Are you by chance a Met fan? I'm not, I'm a Yankee fan, but I was kind of struck with all the extracurricular fun and games they do during the games, I was even on the jumbotron and won pizza for my row at the park. But the Mets sucked and lost the game in a terrible season.

BigBlue1971
03-04-2012, 08:02 PM
i dont know how much is enough for a team to give fans!</P>

they do have contests for games and seats but who knows if that kinda thing is enough!</P>

i believe teams who win superbowls prolly just take it for granted fans are satisfied with that!</P>

i as a Giants fanam gratified they are 4-time champions. </P>

when you wear your Giants gear in most cases you stand out and above any others from a football sense because of those 4 rings. </P>

that kinda gratification is enough for me!</P>

SweetZombieJesus
03-04-2012, 08:42 PM
I wish they would make the stadium twice as big so people who are shut out on the wait lists could get in.

I wish they'd make it so average people could afford to go to the games.

The organization does do things -- like the parade and stadium rally after winning a championship. There was no parking charged and no admittance fee. The team does have the Legacy Room and doesn't charge an entry fee for that. You can show up at training camp and get pictures with the Lombardi and player autographs.

Season ticket holders reap some benefits and if you go to big games you get a towel.

What do you want them to do? This is like asking HBO to give you something because you watch their TV shows. The best they can do is entertain you with a good product. Which is something the Giants have done twice in 48 months.

It's a business and the Giants are already very fan friendly. What do you want them to do? Sound like you want more promotions and prizes which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, but this isn't WKRP they don't need to throw t shirts out of a helicopter. A little token of the championship would be cool, some little commemorative bauble. The Yankees always have these kinds of promotions, bobble-head day, bat day, cap day, maybe the Giants should do that.

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 10:05 PM
I don't know what they could possibly give you other then a chapionship. How about a hat or t- shirt at every home game or perhaps a hot dog.Lmao @ giving fans a free hot dog. I hope they put chili and cheese on it.

giantyankee1976
03-04-2012, 10:09 PM

this, well said.

I hear you Burner but in the end we're only consumers and if we don't like the product we are free to shop elsewhere.

(Not that I think any of us True Blue fans would though)

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 10:12 PM
I wish they would make the stadium twice as big so people who are shut out on the wait lists could get in.

The organization does do things -- like the parade and stadium rally after winning a championship.* There was no parking charged and no admittance fee.* The team does have the Legacy Room and doesn't charge an entry fee for that.* You can show up at training camp and get pictures with the Lombardi and player autographs.

Season ticket holders reap some benefits and if you go to big games you get a towel.

What do you want them to do?* This is like asking HBO to give you something because you watch their TV shows.* The best they can do is entertain you with a good product.* Which is something the Giants have done twice in 48 months.

It's a business and the Giants are already very fan friendly.* What do you want them to do?* Sound like you want more promotions and prizes which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, but this isn't WKRP they don't need to throw t shirts out of a helicopter.* A little token of the championship would be cool, some little commemorative bauble.* The Yankees always have these kinds of promotions, bobble-head day, bat day, cap day, maybe the Giants should do that.
I don't go to a lot of games... it's not that I can't afford it, I just rather spend my money on other things that I think is more important. As far as what I want... I just think after a championship season, a team should rent a park and have a huge picnic with only VIP members allowed. They can have games, food, drinks, events, meeting players and so on and so on. This team might not win another championship for 30 years and us fans should be treated to festival to celebrate their success. A parade is fine but it's so cliche.

RoanokeFan
03-04-2012, 10:19 PM

The organization does do things -- like the parade and stadium rally after winning a championship. There was no parking charged and no admittance fee. The team does have the Legacy Room and doesn't charge an entry fee for that. You can show up at training camp and get pictures with the Lombardi and player autographs.

What do you want them to do? This is like asking HBO to give you something because you watch their TV shows. The best they can do is entertain you with a good product. Which is something the Giants have done twice in 48 months.

It's a business and the Giants are already very fan friendly. What do you want them to do? Sound like you want more promotions and prizes which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, but this isn't WKRP they don't need to throw t shirts out of a helicopter. A little token of the championship would be cool, some little commemorative bauble. The Yankees always have these kinds of promotions, bobble-head day, bat day, cap day, maybe the Giants should do that.
I don't go to a lot of games... it's not that I can't afford it, I just rather spend my money on other things that I think is more important. As far as what I want... I just think after a championship season, a team should rent a park and have a huge picnic with only VIP members allowed. They can have games, food, drinks, events, meeting players and so on and so on. This team might not win another championship for 30 years and us fans should be treated to festival to celebrate their success. A parade is fine but it's so cliche.

So a "few VIP members" get all of this largese? Woo picks them and what makes them so "special"?

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 10:23 PM

The organization does do things -- like the parade and stadium rally after winning a championship.* There was no parking charged and no admittance fee.* The team does have the Legacy Room and doesn't charge an entry fee for that.* You can show up at training camp and get pictures with the Lombardi and player autographs.

What do you want them to do?* This is like asking HBO to give you something because you watch their TV shows.* The best they can do is entertain you with a good product.* Which is something the Giants have done twice in 48 months.

It's a business and the Giants are already very fan friendly.* What do you want them to do?* Sound like you want more promotions and prizes which I wouldn't necessarily disagree with, but this isn't WKRP they don't need to throw t shirts out of a helicopter.* A little token of the championship would be cool, some little commemorative bauble.* The Yankees always have these kinds of promotions, bobble-head day, bat day, cap day, maybe the Giants should do that.

So a "few VIP members" get all of this largese?* Woo picks them and what makes them so "special"?
Nah not just a few. Read my first paragraph... they can have a survey or something and stop it after they reach their number of fans who participated and answered correctly. I just think Championship teams can do better than just a parade and a rally.

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 10:33 PM
By the way, in my initial post I meant to say "paid for it". Don't judge me.

FBomb
03-04-2012, 10:34 PM
I spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year at the Hess station around the corner........tomorrow I'm going to go in and demand some free stuff!!!</P>

edit.......Really hate that Dale got killed off in this weeks episode.</P>

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 10:37 PM
I spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year at the Hess station around the corner........tomorrow I'm going to go in and demand some free stuff!!!</P>

edit.......Really hate that Dale got killed off in this weeks episode.</P>Lmao... well you NEED gas, you don't need the Giants. They need us though... imagine if we didn't show up?

FBomb
03-04-2012, 10:39 PM

Lmao... well you NEED gas, you don't need the Giants. They need us though... imagine if we didn't show up.</P>

WHO doesn't need the Giants??? Also, there are several other places I could go for gas......some even cheaper if I join their cult....um...er.....club.</P>

zimonami
03-04-2012, 10:43 PM

because that wuss, Carl, didn't finish him off. He was too weak to pull his foot out of the muck, or to hold on to Carl's ankle, but Dale's stomach was paper mache to him.

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 10:48 PM

Lmao... well you NEED gas, you don't need the Giants. They need us though... imagine if we didn't show up.</P>

WHO doesn't need the Giants???* Also, there are several other places I could go for gas......some even cheaper if I join their cult....um...er.....club.</P>Man you know what I meant. I bet you if the Giants had a huge picnic, you'll be the 1st one there... lol. By the way, I did join a cult, I mean club... Stop and Shop.

Yeah losing Dale was sad... he was the voice of reason but in that world, I'm starting to realize that it IS survival of the fittest.

RoanokeFan
03-04-2012, 10:49 PM
I spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year at the Hess station around the corner........tomorrow I'm going to go in and demand some free stuff!!!</p>

edit.......Really hate that Dale got killed off in this weeks episode.</p>Lmao... well you NEED gas, you don't need the Giants. They need us though... imagine if we didn't show up?

I have to tell you this is just about the weirdest thread I've seen here. Not in the "stupid" sense but in the "how does one think of this" sense.

I'm fine with the Super Bowl trophies

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 10:51 PM

because that wuss, Carl, didn't finish him off. He was too weak to pull his foot out of the muck, or to hold on to Carl's ankle, but Dale's stomach was paper mache to him.Well he didn't have enough leverage to grab Carl, his other foot was stuck.

BurnerNYG
03-04-2012, 10:54 PM
I spend THOUSANDS of dollars a year at the Hess station around the corner........tomorrow I'm going to go in and demand some free stuff!!!</p>

edit.......Really hate that Dale got killed off in this weeks episode.</p>Lmao... well you NEED gas, you don't need the Giants. They need us though... imagine if we didn't show up?

I have to tell you this is just about the weirdest thread I've seen here.* Not in the "stupid" sense but in the "how does one think of this" sense.

I'm fine with the Super Bowl trophies
I'm cut from a different cloth RF... I thought you would've figured that out by now. I was talking to my father earlier about this and I thought I would share. Offseason talk... doesn't necessarily mean they have to do it, just a thought.

myles2424
03-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Idk but I hope we continue to be the underdogs & the cowboys remain everyone's pick to win the 2013,2014,2015 ect superbowls...

giantsfan420
03-05-2012, 01:08 AM
well for starters, when u go to games they usually have former giant greats signing autographs outside the stadium.

they do give out towells and things of that nature for going to the games.

ya know we've been spoiled by a great football team when fans start asking for more than that.

think about browns fans and teams of that status...you think they'd prefer a free poster or free cheap hat? or a championship?

the giants rewards us by giving us something to cheer about and to be proud of...i'm 10000% fine with lombardi trophies...just me tho

giantsfan420
03-05-2012, 01:09 AM
and the giants have given us so much since 2004...

they gave us eli, tuck, osi, strahan, cruz, nicks, jacobs, coughlin, etc. etc....those things arent exactly cheap, and they coulda give us cheaper versions of said players and not care to be aggressive and win super bowls...

ShakeNBake
03-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Ok the Giants won the Superbowl twice in 4 years but I feel a little empty. Don't you guys think that organizations should show a lil more appreciation to the fans?

I don't expect them to feed the world so it should be something they can do for people to prove that they're real fans. I think they should have a survey at the beginning of each season, maybe 20 questions relating to your team that fans can answer to show how much they know about their team. Make it a timed survey so you can't cheat.

Now if you pass the survey and depending on how my questions you answer correctly, you then receive either a free ticket to a game, some special VIP tickets to an event in case your team wins a Championship (a fan picnic or something like that), a free jersey, hat or something.

I feel that fans put a whole lot of time, energy, money and emotion into their favorite teams to only receive a parade when the teams wins a Championship. The players receive rings, bonuses and all the glory while the people who helps pay their salaries and follow them around the country gets a thank you, I love you and see you next year.

What do you guys think? I mean I wanna win something too... everything I own that says Giants on it, I payed for it.

There lies the problem, there's too many of us and if they did something special for a small part of the fanbase, it really wouldn't be fair to the rest.

BlueSanta
03-05-2012, 02:46 AM
The Giants are a sports team and a very charitable organization with some class act players who run charities themselves. Because they have not "done anything" for you personally doesnt mean they dont give back to fans and the community.

Please, do some research on some of our player's,team, and league charities before even remotely implying this team needs to give anything to anyone. The fact that this organization is so generous and classy is 1 of the major contributing factors in why I( and prolly several others) are fans.

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 05:30 AM
The Giants are a sports team and a very charitable organization with some class act players who run charities themselves. Because they have not "done anything" for you personally doesnt mean they dont give back to fans and the community.

Please, do some research on some of our player's,team, and league charities before even remotely implying this team needs to give anything to anyone.* The fact that this organization is so generous and classy is 1 of the major contributing factors in why I( and prolly several others) are fans.

I didn't say that they don't give back, I just think when a team wins a championship they oughta do something a lil more creative than a parade. I wanna have some fun... eat, drink, play some games and win some memorabilia. Who said that they don't donate to charity? Lol

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 05:32 AM

There lies the problem, there's too many of us and if they did something special for a small part of the fanbase, it really wouldn't be fair to the rest.

Everybody can't win the lottery. If you do then good. If not... better luck next year or when ever they win another title. :-)

sodbuster
03-05-2012, 06:43 AM
2 championships in 4 years and your not happy? go root for the jets see what they give ya!

SweetZombieJesus
03-05-2012, 06:57 AM

this, well said.

I hear you Burner but in the end we're only consumers and if we don't like the product we are free to shop elsewhere.

(Not that I think any of us True Blue fans would though)

I think the only place Burner may find what he's looking for is minor league baseball.

bLuereverie
03-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Carl needs to man up faster and finish off some walkers.

nygsb42champs
03-05-2012, 08:07 AM
It is a great idea but I do not see something like that happening.

FBomb
03-05-2012, 09:35 AM

Carl needs to man up faster and finish off some walkers.</P>

I was hoping that little sissy's stones would finally drop. It's a tough new world and he needs to man up and kill something.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 09:48 AM

For really good prizes, I think the fan would have to at least score around 90% correct on a 100 question quiz. Lesser prizes for shorter tests. That's my opinion at least since I don't think you should get a free season ticket for 10 questions lol.I'm good man... just playing the background, don't got much to talk about. How are you?

Yeah I can't wait until tonight's episode. I hope it's not just about torturing and interrogating that kid.

Yeah well if you don't receive a free ticket, maybe a discount. Teams should just show more appreciation... we spend a lot of money supporting them.

yea but its your choice to spend that money and do those things. You can be a fan for free and just watch it on TV and not buy stuff with their logo on it.

Its like saying you want something back from Nabisco because you like oreos and always keep a pack at the crib

03-05-2012, 10:16 AM
2 championships in 4 years and your not happy? go root for the jets see what they give ya!</P>

</P>

not to nitpick but it is 5 years</P>

zimonami
03-05-2012, 11:30 AM
2 championships in 4 years and your not happy? go root for the jets see what they give ya!</P>

*</P>

Several people keep saying 5 years.
SB42 was the 2007 season and the SB was played in Feb. 2008
SB46 was the 2011 season and the SB was played in Feb. 2012.
Feb. 2008 to Feb. 2012 is 4 years. Where does 5 years compute?

byron
03-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Hey Burner, how have you been man? Enjoying Walking Dead so far? Anyway, I think the prizes for your idea would have to be based on the amount of questions asked and the percentage amount answered correctly. For really good prizes, I think the fan would have to at least score around 90% correct on a 100 question quiz. Lesser prizes for shorter tests. That's my opinion at least since I don't think you should get a free season ticket for 10 questions lol.I'm good man... just playing the background, don't got much to talk about. How are you? Yeah I can't wait until tonight's episode. I hope it's not just about torturing and interrogating that kid. Yeah well if you don't receive a free ticket, maybe a discount. Teams should just show more appreciation... we spend a lot of money supporting them.

yea but its your choice to spend that money and do those things. You can be a fan for free and just watch it on TV and not buy stuff with their logo on it.

Its like saying you want something back from Nabisco because you like oreos and always keep a pack at the crib
yeah ..I been doing that for 40 plus years ...If I lived closer to the Stadium I would go to more games no doubt....But ya I probably got way more invested in oreos... a free pack now and again would be nice...come on Nabisco!!!!

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Hey Burner, how have you been man? Enjoying Walking Dead so far? Anyway, I think the prizes for your idea would have to be based on the amount of questions asked and the percentage amount answered correctly. For really good prizes, I think the fan would have to at least score around 90% correct on a 100 question quiz. Lesser prizes for shorter tests. That's my opinion at least since I don't think you should get a free season ticket for 10 questions lol.I'm good man... just playing the background, don't got much to talk about. How are you? Yeah I can't wait until tonight's episode. I hope it's not just about torturing and interrogating that kid. Yeah well if you don't receive a free ticket, maybe a discount. Teams should just show more appreciation... we spend a lot of money supporting them.

yeah ..I been doing that for 40 plus years ...If I lived closer to the Stadium I would go to more games no doubt....But ya I probably got way more invested in oreos... a free pack now and again would be nice...come on Nabisco!!!!

lol sorry for disappearing on you last night. I got caught up in that draft and forgot I was talking with you. Sorry, was so unprepared for it

byron
03-05-2012, 12:32 PM

lol sorry for disappearing on you last night. I got caught up in that draft and forgot I was talking with you. Sorry, was so unprepared for it
Not a problem at all man..... American Loggers was on !! Hope you done well drafting !

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 12:34 PM
hahaa I had Ax Men on in the backround... that and storage wars are my dirty TV watching...

Its so awful andentertaining.

Eh I think i did alrite.... not the biggest baseball guy

Giants Of New Jersey
03-05-2012, 12:36 PM

*</P>

the giants won it and then:steelers, saints, packers...and then us... so yes, out of the last 5 superbowls...we won it twice...

Giants Of New Jersey
03-05-2012, 12:37 PM

*</P>

the giants won it and then:steelers, saints, packers...and then us... so yes, out of the last 5 superbowls...we won it twice...

you dont just subtract 2012 from 2008..you count them individually..

2008...2009...2010...2011...2012 that is 5 superbowls

burier
03-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I think we should all get either gold bracelets or name tags.

Giants Of New Jersey
03-05-2012, 12:56 PM
People need to realize that we are just a statistic....this is a gold mine...money hand over fist...that is all it is ever about..money...they will tell you they appreciate you and that you attend the games..but the truth is...if you dont ...someone else will...they dont care who goes lol just as long as each seat is filled..and even if you stop buying merchandise..they'd never feel the effect of it...

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 12:57 PM
i want a members only jacket

byron
03-05-2012, 01:08 PM
i want a members only jacket
i meant Ax-men...love storage wars that blond is hot !</P>

</P>

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Nascar-Dale-Earnhardt-Jr-Jacket-Oreo-Chase-Size-Med-/00/s/MTYwMFgxMTIx/$(KGrHqZ,!iwE8MqY1R5OBPSBJJNOqw~~60_58.JPG</P>

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 01:10 PM

*</P>

2008...2009...2010...2011...2012 that is 5 superbowlsYou're going about it all wrong. WE won in 2008 so you don't count that and then we won 4 years later. How many teams won since we did... three right? C'mon man.

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 01:15 PM
2 championships in 4 years and your not happy? go root for the jets see what they give ya!I didn't say I wasn't happy... just a lil empty meaning empty handed. It's all good though... this was just a thought. If the Giants ever throw a huge festival, remember who mentioned this. Don't show up.

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 01:17 PM

Carl needs to man up faster and finish off some walkers.</P>

I was hoping that little sissy's stones would finally drop.* It's a tough new world and he needs to man up and kill something.</P>Don't worry, I think you're about to get what you're asking for. I'm not gonna spoil it... just sayin.

BlueSanta
03-05-2012, 01:20 PM

Please, do some research on some of our player's,team, and league charities before even remotely implying this team needs to give anything to anyone. The fact that this organization is so generous and classy is 1 of the major contributing factors in why I( and prolly several others) are fans.

I didn't say that they don't give back, I just think when a team wins a championship they oughta do something a lil more creative than a parade. I wanna have some fun... eat, drink, play some games and win some memorabilia. Who said that they don't donate to charity? Lol

Well thats not how your original post reads. To me, it reads like you want the team to do something for you because you are a fan and they have been successful.

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 01:21 PM

So winning some prizes from your favorite team is asking too much? Nabisco does promotions and contests all the time. Not sure if anybody ever wins. Even McDonald's does the Monopoly games.

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 01:22 PM

Please, do some research on some of our player's,team, and league charities before even remotely implying this team needs to give anything to anyone.* The fact that this organization is so generous and classy is 1 of the major contributing factors in why I( and prolly several others) are fans.

Well thats not how your original post reads. To me, it reads like you want the team to do something for you because you are a fan and they have been successful.*
Use your imagination... it doesn't have to go exactly how I wrote it.

Giants Of New Jersey
03-05-2012, 01:25 PM

*</P>

2008...2009...2010...2011...2012 that is 5 superbowlsYou're going about it all wrong. WE won in 2008 so you don't count that and then we won 4 years later. How many teams won since we did... three right? C'mon man.

umm what? Yes WE won it in 2008.. and then WE won it in 2012...we won 2 out of 5 superbowls in that span..what is so hard to understand...and out of the last 4 superbowls...we won one...C'mon man.

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 01:28 PM

*</P>

umm what? Yes WE won it in 2008.. and then WE won it in 2012...we won 2 out of 5 superbowls in that span..what is so hard to understand...and out of the last 4 superbowls...we won one...C'mon man.2008 to 2012 is 4 years. How you gonna count the WHOLE 2012 if we won in the beginning of the year. You my friend are WRONG! Accept it and move on. 3 teams won the Superbowl since we won, not four.

Giants Of New Jersey
03-05-2012, 01:29 PM

*</P>

umm what? Yes WE won it in 2008.. and then WE won it in 2012...we won 2 out of 5 superbowls in that span..what is so hard to understand...and out of the last 4 superbowls...we won one...C'mon man.

I was counting Superbowls and you guys are talking about years...nevermind...I dont say we won 2 in 5 years....i say we won 2 out of the last 5 superbowls..

Drez
03-05-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't know anything better to give fans than championship competitive teams. this, well said. I hear you Burner but in the end we're only consumers and if we don't like the product we are free to shop elsewhere. (Not that I think any of us True Blue fans would though)

I think the only place Burner may find what he's looking for is minor league baseball.
</P>

Agreed. Things like that are for bush league teams that need to incentivize to get asses in seats. It's not for an NFL team to do.</P>

As a fan all I want is my team to field competitive teams that have a shot of winning the title. The Giants winning the championship game is all the prize I need. Sure, the relationship is quite one-sided, but I don't have a problem with that. If one feels that the team needs to do something special for them, I would say that that person really needs to question why they are a sports fan to begin with.</P>

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't know anything better to give fans than championship competitive teams. this, well said. I hear you Burner but in the end we're only consumers and if we don't like the product we are free to shop elsewhere. (Not that I think any of us True Blue fans would though)

</P>

Agreed. Things like that are for bush league teams that need to incentivize to get asses in seats. It's not for an NFL team to do.</P>

As a fan all I want is my team to field competitive teams that have a shot of winning the title. The Giants winning the championship game is all the prize I need. Sure, the relationship is quite one-sided, but I don't have a problem with that. If one feels that the team needs to do something special for them, I would say that that person really needs to question why they are a sports fan to begin with.</P>I'm sure glad that I don't have to sit around and have conversations with you on a daily basis.

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 02:56 PM

</P>

As a fan all I want is my team to field competitive teams that have a shot of winning the title. The Giants winning the championship game is all the prize I need. Sure, the relationship is quite one-sided, but I don't have a problem with that. If one feels that the team needs to do something special for them, I would say that that person really needs to question why they are a sports fan to begin with.</P>I'm sure glad that I don't have to sit around and have conversations with you on a daily basis.

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 03:00 PM

</p>

Agreed. Things like that are for bush league teams that need to incentivize to get asses in seats. It's not for an NFL team to do.</p>

As a fan all I want is my team to field competitive teams that have a shot of winning the title. The Giants winning the championship game is all the prize I need. Sure, the relationship is quite one-sided, but I don't have a problem with that. If one feels that the team needs to do something special for them, I would say that that person really needs to question why they are a sports fan to begin with.</p>I'm sure glad that I don't have to sit around and have conversations with you on a daily basis.

...says the guy that said we should of traded Eli for Luck

(couldn't resist)

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 03:07 PM

</p>

Agreed. Things like that are for bush league teams that need to incentivize to get asses in seats. It's not for an NFL team to do.</p>

As a fan all I want is my team to field competitive teams that have a shot of winning the title. The Giants winning the championship game is all the prize I need. Sure, the relationship is quite one-sided, but I don't have a problem with that. If one feels that the team needs to do something special for them, I would say that that person really needs to question why they are a sports fan to begin with.</p>I'm sure glad that I don't have to sit around and have conversations with you on a daily basis.

(couldn't resist)
Rewind to September 2011 Matt and I'll probably say it again. Aren't you glad he changed my point of view?

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM

</p>

(couldn't resist)
Rewind to September 2011 Matt and I'll probably say it again. Aren't you glad he changed my point of view?

lol for your sake im glad you changed your view.. you sounded like you were on something when u were saying that

Drez
03-05-2012, 03:12 PM

</P>

As a fan all I want is my team to field competitive teams that have a shot of winning the title. The Giants winning the championship game is all the prize I need. Sure, the relationship is quite one-sided, but I don't have a problem with that. If one feels that the team needs to do something special for them, I would say that that person really needs to question why they are a sports fan to begin with.</P>

I'm sure glad that I don't have to sit around and have conversations with you on a daily basis.</P>

But, be honest. If you need some kind of external incentive to be a fan or to "feel" appreciated as a fan, other than the team(s) you like trying their best to win it all, then you should really analyze why you enjoy sports and why you are a sports fan. Why do you not only feel that you need more, but also feel entitled to more?</P>

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 03:14 PM

</p>

(couldn't resist)

lol for your sake im glad you changed your view.. you sounded like you were on something when u were saying that
There is one team that I hate losing to and that's the Eagles. Nuff said.

zimonami
03-05-2012, 03:39 PM

*</P>

Yes, it is 5 Superbowls, but it is 4 years.
From February 2008 until February 2012 is 4 years span. 5 SB's were played in that 4 year span

zimonami
03-05-2012, 03:41 PM

*</P>

I was counting Superbowls and you guys are talking about years...nevermind...I dont say we won 2 in 5 years....i say we won 2 out of the last 5 superbowls..
seems like everyone is on the same page now.

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 03:43 PM
2 championships in 4 years and your not happy? go root for the jets see what they give ya!</p>

</p>

not to nitpick but it is 5 years</p>

well typically when people are referencing this and say years, they mean football years

Giants Of New Jersey
03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
2 championships in 4 years and your not happy? go root for the jets see what they give ya!</p>

*</p>

well typically when people are referencing this and say years, they mean football years

exactly...im sitting here counting football years..but then someone else is counting literal years and saying to only count half of 08 and not all of 2012..lol i dont know...i was using common sense and go by season to season

BurnerNYG
03-05-2012, 04:21 PM

*</p>

exactly...im sitting here counting football years..but then someone else is counting literal years and saying to only count half of 08 and not all of 2012..lol i dont know...i was using common sense and go by season to seasonDon't try to play me. I see where you're coming from, I'm just looking at it from Feb 2008 to Feb 2012. You're absolutely correct as far as 2 out of 5 Superbowls but why is this even a debate? Go somewhere with that bs.

Joe Morrison
03-05-2012, 07:07 PM

</P>

Several people keep saying 5 years. SB42 was the 2007 season and the SB was played in Feb. 2008 SB46 was the 2011 season and the SB was played in Feb. 2012. Feb. 2008 to Feb. 2012 is 4 years. Where does 5 years compute? the giants won it and then:steelers, saints, packers...and then us... so yes, out of the last 5 superbowls...we won it twice... you dont just subtract 2012 from 2008..you count them individually.. 2008...2009...2010...2011...2012 that is 5 superbowlsYou're going about it all wrong. WE won in 2008 so you don't count that and then we won 4 years later. How many teams won since we did... three right? C'mon man. umm what? Yes WE won it in 2008.. and then WE won it in 2012...we won 2 out of 5 superbowls in that span..what is so hard to understand...and out of the last 4 superbowls...we won one...C'mon man. I was counting Superbowls and you guys are talking about years...nevermind...I dont say we won 2 in 5 years....i say we won 2 out of the last 5 superbowls.. seems like everyone is on the same page now.

exactly...im sitting here counting football years..but then someone else is counting literal years and saying to only count half of 08 and not all of 2012..lol i dont know...i was using common sense and go by season to seasonDon't try to play me. I see where you're coming from, I'm just looking at it from Feb 2008 to Feb 2012. You're absolutely correct as far as 2 out of 5 Superbowls but why is this even a debate? Go somewhere with that bs.</P>

Let it go, my mother always told me you can't win an arguement with an idoit!</P>