PDA

View Full Version : NFL is happy giants are champs

alau53
03-04-2012, 05:36 PM
can you imagine if the saints beat the niners and went on to win sb46 the bounty hunting thing would really have given the nfl a black eye..goodell is sleeping better knowing a great nfl frachise,the Ny giants are the champs

GmenFan1980
03-04-2012, 05:39 PM
To use that logic, Goodell must hate us since we so openly faked injuries to stop the Rams http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif lol

BlueBlitzer
03-04-2012, 05:45 PM
It is always good for the NFL, when the Flagship Team wins it all

Rudyy
03-04-2012, 06:28 PM
To use that logic, Goodell must hate us since we so openly faked injuries to stop the Rams http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif lol While I don't like faking injuries, that's way better than intentionally hurting other players.

I see what you're saying though.

chasjay
03-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Hyperbole and wisecracks aside, I believe the OP's point is well-taken. NFL management would be squirming if N.O. were this year's SB champs, visiting the White House, etc. I wonder if they would have delayed the announcement of the investigation if the Saints had won out?

Roosevelt
03-04-2012, 07:31 PM
How do you know our team hasn't done the same thing?

bELIeve_in_Giants
03-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Carl Banks said it happened all of the time while he played.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-04-2012, 07:42 PM
To use that logic, Goodell must hate us since we so openly faked injuries to stop the Rams http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif lol While I don't like faking injuries, that's way better than intentionally hurting other players.

I wish we would fake injuries more. It's an great strategy

jjj45
03-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Carl Banks said it happened all of the time while he played.What, trying to twist ankles in piles?

THE_New_York_Giants
03-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Carl Banks said it happened all of the time while he played.*What, trying to twist ankles in piles?

LT was disturbed he did that to theisman. You can't tell me those guys liked hurting people the way they reacted to theisman getting hurt.

nhpgiantsfan
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
It wouldn't shock me if some guys on our team had some side action going on bounties. I think it happens all over the place. But in New Orleans, the coaches were clearly aware and involved in it. I think it is safe to say that something like this would never be condoned by TC, and if it did happen here it would be just with players without any coaches ever knowing about it.

jjj45
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM

I wish we would fake injuries more. It's an ingenious strategyWe do. As does the rest of the league. Except Jaquan isn't falling down while instantly getting back up and making it look obvious. [;)]

jjj45
03-04-2012, 07:46 PM
It wouldn't shock me if some guys on our team had some side action going on bounties. I think it happens all over the place. But in New Orleans, the coaches were clearly aware and involved in it. I think it is safe to say that something like this would never be condoned by TC, and if it did happen here it would be just with players without any coaches ever knowing about it.And thats the difference right there.

RoanokeFan
03-04-2012, 07:47 PM

The NFL seems to be focused on Williams for some reason. Since the Saints' organization was questioned a few years back and they lied (we now know) it could be this is just the tip of the iceberg.

For me, when you say a QB was put out of the game because of a legal hit I see that as part of the game that players sign up for. But when a bounty system with financial rewards is implemented and condoned by a team, not just the players, a line has been crossed.

I just don't get why players who are making, on average, millions of dollars don't find that to be enough incentive?

What do they do in Pee Wee now, I'll buy you a slurpy if you.....????

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. They were investigated, lied about it, and, it as been reported, the owner said NO MORE. So now we have them continuing the ractice against the wishes of the owner and the NFL. Could get ugly.

jjj45
03-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Carl Banks said it happened all of the time while he played.What, trying to twist ankles in piles?

LT was disturbed he did that to theisman. You can't tell me those guys liked hurting people the way they reacted to theisman getting hurt.I wasn't trying to call out LT. Just a random example I used. Besides, LT broke Joe's leg, not his ankle. I doubt our guys were purposely trying to cause harm to players, let alone the coaches organizing and condoning it. Thats a crime.

chasjay
03-04-2012, 09:55 PM

I think the focus was just on the NFL publicity aspect. I think what's happened with the Saints is similar to what happened with the Pats "Spygate" deal. It wasn't that others didn't do it, just that one of the worst offenders was the one who got identified and had to bear the brunt of it. If anybody is going to get singled out. it should be one of the most extreme offenders - so there is a bit of fairness in that.

giantyankee1976
03-04-2012, 10:07 PM
To use that logic, Goodell must hate us since we so openly faked injuries to stop the Rams http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif lol

ding, ding

(I really HATED that fake *** injury **** too. We're better than that.)

RoanokeFan
03-04-2012, 10:07 PM

I think the focus was just on the NFL publicity aspect. I think what's happened with the Saints is similar to what happened with the Pats "Spygate" deal. It wasn't that others didn't do it, just that one of the worst offenders was the one who got identified and had to bear the brunt of it. If anybody is going to get singled out. it should be one of the most extreme offenders - so there is a bit of fairness in that.

There are three things working against the Saints:

1. They lied about the bounties the first time around
2. The NFL and the NFLPA have been collectively beating a drum for improved player safety
3. They are going to be made an example of so the other 31 teams think long and hard about violating league rules

Toadofsteel
03-05-2012, 03:20 AM
The thing about the faked injuries: any player that takes an injury timeout cannot play in the next play even if it turns out he is all fine and set to go (like when Ross had to come out in the SB after getting the wind knocked out of him, Prince had to play a snap in his place). Those kinds of things can be exploited by the opposing team if a starter has to be pulled for a snap, so it's not entirely unfair (a little underhanded, maybe, but not illegal).

On the other hand, these "incentive" programs encouraged illegal hits. Sure some players might think of something amongst each other, but as was mentioned in this thread, i'm pretty sure that if some giants players tried that and TC found out, he would flip a ****. The shame in this situation is that it was encouraged by the coaching staff, and no attempt was made to stop it once it was in place.

miken609
03-05-2012, 07:24 AM

I wish we would fake injuries more. It's an great strategy
and put 25 guys on the field at the end of games

nygsb42champs
03-05-2012, 08:08 AM
It would certainly give the NFL a balck eye.

GameTime
03-05-2012, 08:44 AM

</P>

you dont.....but they arent in the news about it.....yet</P>

RoanokeFan
03-05-2012, 09:08 AM

</p>

you dont.....but they arent in the news about it.....yet</p>

I really hope we don't learn that but I guess I wouldn't be socked.

RonJon
03-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Bet Vegas wasn't too happy though.

GmenFan1980
03-05-2012, 09:45 AM

</p>

I really hope we don't learn that but I guess I wouldn't be SOCKED.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-l0OmJ-jVI-8/TdY3-VbwQ9I/AAAAAAAACOI/p1oQu0hMumU/s1600/J1RG_332-1a.png

lol http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-5.gif

firstgamein49
03-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Any of you guys remember what they used to call "the bootsie" play? Back in the 40's and even into the '50's, if the other team had a dirty player, at the snap everyone would jump on the bad guy, and nasty things would happen in the pile. That was also back when if a rb was tackled and not held down, he could get up and run, or even crawl for extra yds!

Roosevelt
03-05-2012, 10:25 AM

</p>

I do recall a certain #57 talking about possibly taking out the Niners guy who had some concussions.

We'll just have to wait and see how far this reaches.

RoanokeFan
03-05-2012, 10:35 AM

</p>

I do recall a certain #57 talking about possibly taking out the Niners guy who had some concussions.

At the time, I didn't take it as a threat but more of a statement that if he plays he could suffer another concussion. In retrospect, given this "bounty' information, who really knows.

RoanokeFan
03-05-2012, 10:35 AM

</p>

At the time, I didn't take it as a threat but more of a statement that if he plays he could suffer another concussion. In retrospect, given this "bounty' information, who really knows.

Tony Bruno
03-05-2012, 10:57 AM
We are a classy organization from top to bottom!!!

Roosevelt
03-05-2012, 04:17 PM

</p>

Nothing would surprise me. But they way our defense tackles I would say no, we aren't trying to hurt anyone.

[;)]

The Lions and Niners seem to play with that same "intensity" as the Saints.

giantyankee1976
03-05-2012, 07:44 PM
The Lions and Niners seem to play with that same "intensity" as the Saints.

I had that same thought as well...hmmmmm

bronxvgiant
03-05-2012, 08:10 PM
The media still seems to be in love with the Saints,no matterwhat they do.

Roosevelt
03-05-2012, 08:18 PM
The media still seems to be in love with the Saints,no matterwhat they do.

Katrina?