PDA

View Full Version : any good, bigger, 6'3"-6'5" receivers in the draft?

NYG 5
03-05-2012, 12:16 PM
with the 3rd WR spot being open, i think the team could use a bigger, more physical WR. the run game suffered from poor blocking all year, and the receivers are also a part of that. who was the guy always running in stride with Tiki during all those big runs? a 6'5" receiver who had about 30 pounds on most defensive backs.

i think a bigger guy would help abuse nickel defenses as the Giants spread them out, and would be a good, quick option for Eli when the tackles decide to just let a DE come free.

don't say Barden is that guy because he's shown nothing in 4 years

King Sully
03-05-2012, 12:19 PM
i don't know about his physicality because hes not that thick but stephen hill from gt is very fast and tall.

Redeyejedi
03-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming

Roxersboxers
03-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Isn't Stephen Hill like 6'5? I dont think We'll draft him though because after his combine numbers, some desperate team will take a chance on him in the first or early second and i dont see the giants using a 1st rounder on a WR this year.

Kruunch
03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
In the top 100 WR in this draft there are only two that are under 6-1.

blueblood42o
03-05-2012, 03:00 PM
i hear the knock on him is his production, being that he came from a run first offense in which he was a mean blocker. sounds good to me

deekay7685
03-05-2012, 03:24 PM
an interesting name to follow who could be an undrafted free agent is the forgotten Arkansas SE Greg Childs.
He could be a nice backup for Nicks.

Eli TO Shockey
03-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I wish it was that easy. guys like T.O, Moss, Calvin Johnson, Plax are rare.

Just ask ramses

NYG 5
03-05-2012, 04:04 PM
I wish it was that easy. guys like T.O, Moss, Calvin Johnson, Plax are rare.

Just ask ramses

yeah but ramses is pretty thin.

they need a guy built like cruz, but taller

Redeyejedi
03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
In the top 100 WR in this draft there are only two that are under 6-1.Top 10 u mean right. Whats funny is the 2 guys under 6-3 are the ones a lot of people are putting 1,2

Shockeyitus
03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Dwight Jones - UNC
Tommy Streeter - The U
Nick Toon - Wisconsin... I really like him.

nycsportzfan
03-05-2012, 04:56 PM
an interesting name to follow who could be an undrafted free agent is the forgotten Arkansas SE Greg Childs. He could be a nice backup for Nicks. I agree about Greg Childs.. I've thought him to be a nice sleeper for awhile.. When healthy, he could probably be as good as anyone in this draft at the WR positon.. Also, Bj Cunningham is another guy who could fit well with the Giants, as hes a fairly thickly built wr...

nycsportzfan
03-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming On McNutts behalf, i will say that McNutts QB was very Hit or Miss, and i seen games where he was super inacurate and gave McNutt know chance on quite a few throws.. I think McNutt is gonna be a stud...

bLuereverie
03-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming

I really like Randle. If only he had a better quarterback than Jordan Jefferson.

Iowa Giant
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
I have to disagree here. He was open against Dennard quite a bit. He just didn't get the ball. Fleming did a good job on him, but there were still a handful of plays where he could be seen running open.

Also, he is one of those guys who doesn't necessarily have to be open. He turned quite a few interceptions into receptions over the course of his career by simply taking the ball away from defenders. He had trouble with routine catches and made the really tough ones look easy.

Edit. I thought I had quoted redeye here. This is regarding Marvin McNutt.

Neverend
03-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming On McNutts behalf, i will say that McNutts QB was very Hit or Miss, and i seen games where he was super inacurate and gave McNutt know chance on quite a few throws..* I think McNutt is gonna be a stud...

Big Cunningham fan. has everything you want in a wr except that he isn't really quick-twitch.. which is completely normal for a big physical wr that isn't named michael floyd

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 02:00 PM
In the top 100 WR in this draft there are only two that are under 6-1.Top 10 u mean right. Whats funny is the 2 guys under 6-3 are the ones a lot of people are putting 1,2

Oops no I meant of the WRs in the Top 100 draft prospects overall.

And I haven't heard of Wright or Givens thought of as either the #1 or #2 (well maybe Wright).

lawl
03-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Oops no I meant of the WRs in the Top 100 draft prospects overall.

And I haven't heard of Wright or Givens thought of as either the #1 or #2 (well maybe Wright).

Blackmon is 6'1"

nycsportzfan
03-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Giants 101 said the Giants set up a Meeting with LSU Receiver Rueben Randle he is 6'3". Marvin Mcnutt from Iowa but every game against Top CB's he was completely dominated by them. He could not get open against Dennard or FLeming On McNutts behalf, i will say that McNutts QB was very Hit or Miss, and i seen games where he was super inacurate and gave McNutt know chance on quite a few throws.. I think McNutt is gonna be a stud... Big Cunningham fan. has everything you want in a wr except that he isn't really quick-twitch.. which is completely normal for a big physical wr that isn't named michael floyd Ya, i like Cunningham as well. There are a Ton of WR's and RB's that i like this yr...

michaelkhan3
03-11-2012, 09:18 AM
There are loads of them. I really like Rueben Randle from LSU and Tommy Streeter from The U.
Streeter is like 6'5 and ran a low 4.4 40 he really looks like a beast. He is probably a mid round selection if Stephen Hill didn't have an amazing combine Streeter probably would've been talked about a lot more.

Seducer
03-11-2012, 11:07 AM
When will people realize that size only gets you so far...?

Bohemian
03-11-2012, 02:02 PM
with the 3rd WR spot being open, i think the team could use a bigger, more physical WR. the run game suffered from poor blocking all year, and the receivers are also a part of that. who was the guy always running in stride with Tiki during all those big runs? a 6'5" receiver who had about 30 pounds on most defensive backs.

i think a bigger guy would help abuse nickel defenses as the Giants spread them out, and would be a good, quick option for Eli when the tackles decide to just let a DE come free.

don't say Barden is that guy because he's shown nothing in 4 years

Oh... don't get me started about Barden. The guy is just waiting for someone to take his spot. Last year was the perfect time for him to prove that he belonged, and he just stepped aside to let Cruz show him a thing or two.

I would definitely like another Nicks type receiver to play on the outside, and open more space for Cruz and the underneath route runners.

I don't know who would be there for us in the draft, but I hope that either, Barden finally puts it all together, or find someone to take on his spot. I can also see Thomas making some moves after playing so well on special teams, and watching someone like Cruz come out of nowhere. Hixon should also have a good shot at contributing, depending on his health. Of course, we can't forget Jernigan... we still have to see what he is all about.

michaelkhan3
03-11-2012, 05:02 PM

True but sometimes teams will look specifically for tall WRs. No one said that all number one WRs have to be 6'3 or taller but sometimes it's nice for a team to have different kind of body shape WRs

nycsportzfan
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM

True but sometimes teams will look specifically for tall WRs. No one said that all number one WRs have to be 6'3 or taller but sometimes it's nice for a team to have different kind of body shape WRs
Honestly, with the taller WR"s, assuming we don't go WR in the 1st rd, i think Marvin Mcnutt fits our team the best... Theres a ton of other wr's i like and think could be good for us, but a a Top 4 WR's of Nicks, Cruz, Jerrnigan, and McNutt is scary!

nycsportzfan
03-11-2012, 08:46 PM

Honestly, with the taller WR"s, assuming we don't go WR in the 1st rd, i think Marvin Mcnutt fits our team the best... Theres a ton of other wr's i like and think could be good for us, but a a Top 4 WR's of Nicks, Cruz, Jerrnigan, and McNutt is scary!

myles2424
03-12-2012, 02:11 AM
I'd beg to differ.....my girlfriend cooks,cleans,does my laundry & runs errands for me no matter how much of a jerk I can be.....

michaelkhan3
03-12-2012, 09:27 PM
I'd beg to differ.....my girlfriend cooks,cleans,does my laundry & runs errands for me no matter how much of a jerk I can be.....

LOL