PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jacobs Allegedly “Insulted” by New York Giants Restructured Contract Offer

Antwuan
03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/03/05/brandon-jacobs-allegedly-insulted-by-new-york-giants-restructured-contract-offer/

Thoughts?

jjj45
03-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Bye bye Brandon?

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Bye bye Brandon?

and hello Da'Rell?

jhamburg
03-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Thoughts?

Prepare to be insulted by a lot of teams Brandon

GameTime
03-05-2012, 01:29 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/03/05/brandon-jacobs-allegedly-insulted-by-new-york-giants-restructured-contract-offer/</P>

article says he is not happy with the offer. The Giants made an offer and now Jacobs agent will ocounter offer. Jacobs will be able to get a little more from another team but I dont think it will be substantial. </P>

RoanokeFan
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
His fate will be determined by the free agent market. He will either get significantly higher offers from other teams or he won't. If he does, he leaves, if he doesn't he stays and understands his true value in the NFL.

jhamburg
03-05-2012, 01:33 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/03/05/brandon-jacobs-allegedly-insulted-by-new-york-giants-restructured-contract-offer/</P>

article says he is not happy with the offer. The Giants made an offer and now Jacobs agent will ocounter offer. Jacobs will be able to get a little more from another team but I dont think it will be substantial. </P>

I think Jacobs problem will be that he doesn't really have a role that he fills well. I don't think most teams will see him as a feature back. He's a good blocker but he's not a 3rd down back in the vein of Sproles obviously. He has struggled in short yardage due to running too high so I don't think he's a goal line back either.

He really can only be seen as a change-of-pace/depth so I don't think teams can really commit much money to him.

myles2424
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
I think BJ will be worth more to another team than he is to us.....we need to save $$, he doesn't want to be "insulted"......I think we cut ties & everyone wins, no hard feelings...

slickj966
03-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Bye Bye Brandon...unfortunatly i think his career is all downhill from here. Nontheless, thanks for the memories and help in winning 2 superbowls.

MikeIsaGiant
03-05-2012, 02:39 PM
I think his time here is done. Sad? Maybe, do I care? Naw not really. Can he be replaced? Easily.

Kendo15
03-05-2012, 02:41 PM
BJ needs to understand his role and the value of that role.
He's a pounder that'll do the hard short yards to soften the line up.
Occasionally, he'll find a lane, bust a tackle and gain decent, but that's not his primary function.
He needs to totally get shot of the Barry Sanders impressions.

SweetZombieJesus
03-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I'm insulted he can't pick up 3rd and 1.

Eli TO Shockey
03-05-2012, 03:07 PM
I think his time here is done. Sad? Maybe, do I care? Naw not really. Can he be replaced? Easily.

1 out of 8 people suffer from split personality. for you, that number would be 3 out of 8.

gmen0820
03-05-2012, 03:09 PM
Nature of the business, good bye. We don't have 6.5 mil for a RB who needs holes that a mack truck can drive through to average 4.5 ypc.

I like Jacobs, and think he has a huge voice in the locker room, but I wouldn't be able to justify him making more than 1 million a year.

Eli TO Shockey
03-05-2012, 03:10 PM
slightly off topic, but how are we still 8 mil over the cap with jacobs,MM, and mckenzie off the books?

MattMeyerBud
03-05-2012, 03:12 PM
slightly off topic, but how are we still 8 mil over the cap with jacobs,MM, and mckenzie off the books?

jacobs isn't off the books

Mario was on a 3rd round rookie deal

McKenzie was front loaded if i remember correctly (not positive)

most of these contracts were made regarding the previous CBA's salary cap

and we restructured toget under last year which basically made this years cap go up

Kruunch
03-05-2012, 03:13 PM
http://www.giants101.com/2012/03/05/brandon-jacobs-allegedly-insulted-by-new-york-giants-restructured-contract-offer/

Thoughts?

Well of course he's upset ... he's taken a pay cut every year since his original contract was redone after his breakout year.

However I don't expect he'll get any better offers out there and if he does .... cyas big guy.

FBomb
03-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah.,....not real surprised by this, but I think BJ will get a better offer somewhere else. Thanks for the memories Brandon. Please stay away from the NFC East though.....I won't mind rooting against you, but I don't want to hate you.

Roxersboxers
03-05-2012, 03:31 PM
+1

egyptian420
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Would've wanted him to stay but this doesn't come as a surprise. If he leaves I'll still always respect him and consider him a Giant for life.

Hope Da'Rel Scott emerges next season.

Eli TO Shockey
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM

jacobs isn't off the books

Mario was on a 3rd round rookie deal

McKenzie was front loaded if i remember correctly (not positive)

most of these contracts were made regarding the previous CBA's salary cap

and we restructured toget under last year which basically made this years cap go up

oh snaps . for some reason i thought BJ was a FA. all this talk about him testing the FA market. his 5.5-6 mil off the books should help immensely

JJC7301
03-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I really wish they would work on the o-line before getting rid of him. I really don't want to see BJ gone just yet.

He does need to take a cut, and he's open to it, but to be fair he's been taking cuts ever since he signed that contract. And the o-line he's been playing behind has gotten worse in that time.

Dirt66
03-05-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks for everything you gave us Brandon, good luck with your new team.

Harooni
03-06-2012, 12:00 AM
The problem is BJ see's himself as an every down 5-7mill a year back and the rest of the world see's something else.

too bad ,always liked him.

greenca190
03-06-2012, 12:58 AM

Because we have won two super bowls in the last five years and have a lot of players that are deserving of big pay.

Every team in the league wishes to be in our position.

Eli TO Shockey
03-06-2012, 01:36 AM

Because we have won two super bowls in the last five years and have a lot of players that are deserving of big pay.

really ... we won superbowls? news to me.

did u hear me complaining about our cap situation? based on last years cap number, i figured we'd be right around where we need to be, especially with certain high payed players off the books. BJ is not, so I was mistaken.

jhamburg
03-06-2012, 01:37 AM

What's funny though is that other than a few notable exceptions (Eli, Webster, etc.) the guys with modest or rookie contracts have a lot more to do with our success than the guys with the fat contracts. Look at Cruz, JPP, Nicks, Joseph, Kiwi, KP, Boothe, etc...

THE_New_York_Giants
03-06-2012, 02:12 AM
Old power running back past his prime at 30 years old. Time to let him go if he doesn't take less money.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-06-2012, 02:14 AM

What's funny though is that other than a few notable exceptions (Eli, Webster, etc.) the guys with modest or rookie contracts have a lot more to do with our success than the guys with the fat contracts. Look at Cruz, JPP, Nicks, Joseph, Kiwi, KP, Boothe, etc...
Canty, Bradshaw, Diehl, Umenyiora will most likely be off the books going into the 2013 season

foosball
03-06-2012, 02:41 AM
If he walks there is a chance nobody will pick him up. He's a 29 year old back that averaged 3 YPC last year. It's not like he's putting up 1,000 yards, 12+ TD's and averaging 5 YPC anymore. He's not worth much more than five hundred thousand on the open market.

BlueSanta
03-06-2012, 03:12 AM
I still think he gets released, tests the market and ends up back with us, playing for a pepsi and a plastic back scratcher.

redbeardxxv
03-06-2012, 04:09 AM
Thoughts?

Prepare to be insulted by a lot of teams Brandon

After BJ tests the Market, he'll get a better idea of his worth. If he hasn't burned his bridges by then, he might come back. Knowing BJ, he'll be all over the media as soon as we release him, making his private business public, and that bridge will still be burning when he realizes he wants to come back. So yeah, essentially, Thanks for the SB's, and good luck on the couch.

stormblue
03-06-2012, 04:38 AM
hearsay from an anonymous source with undisclosed numbers and facts re-stating
what everybody around here has been predicting all year.

journalism 101 , write what they want to hear and
hope some facts eventually surface to appease the rumor.

NYG4ME
03-06-2012, 05:18 AM

lol +1. 6'4 265. Lower your shoulders brandon! Stop running so damn high!

Firenugget
03-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Whatever. He has 2 rings, he's going for max dollars now. I can't blame him for that. Adios amigo.

GameTime
03-06-2012, 08:36 AM

lol +1. 6'4 265. Lower your shoulders brandon! Stop running so damn high!
</P>

you say "LOL"...but that is the exact reason that 99% of successful RBs are 6 foot or less. You CANT get low if your 6'4". His legs are too long. </P>

He will get a better deal from another team. It may not be much better then what the Giants are willing to give but he will go. He wont be on the couch next year as some have said. </P>

giantsforce
03-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Yeah.,....not real surprised by this, but I think BJ will get a better offer somewhere else. Thanks for the memories Brandon. Please stay away from the NFC East though.....I won't mind rooting against you, but I don't want to hate you.I hope he stays in the NFC East. At least we will know when we play against him, he will not be able to pick up the first down on 3rd and 1. But on a serious note, if Bradshaw did not get any serious offers when he tested free agency, chances are that BJ will not get much interest either.

RonJon
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
SEE YA! WOULDN'T WANNA BE YA!!!!!!!!