PDA

View Full Version : Giants needs according to ProFootballFocus

netplus
03-05-2012, 09:03 PM
1) Guard
2) Right tackle
3) Slot corner (Kevin Dockery was great in this role)

I think most of us have seen with our own eyes that McKenzie went from stud to liability, Deihl is awful, and Rolle and Ross are not good at slot corner. This article thinks the Giants can improve at these positions through a few low priced free agents and the draft. Hopefully the best player available when the Giants select will be a G or RT.

<a href=http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/01/team-needs-2012-new-york-giants/>Link Giants 2012 needs</a>

JJC7301
03-05-2012, 09:06 PM
1) Guard
2) Right tackle
3) Slot corner

I think most of us have seen with our own eyes that McKenzie went from stud to liability, Deihl is awful, and Rolle and Ross are not good at slot corner. This article thinks the Giants can improve at these positions through a few low priced free agents and the draft. Hopefully the best player available when the Giants select will be an G or RT.

<a href=http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/01/team-needs-2012-new-york-giants/>http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/01/team-needs-2012-new-york-giants/</a>
Yep, focus on the o-line. Forget TE and LB. I'm not saying o-line has to be the 1st pick, but at least 1 of the first 3 need to address it.

Petrus, Boothe, and Brewer could add a lot to a revamped line, but we need a little more drafted talent as well.

embeshAtYa
03-05-2012, 09:13 PM
TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.

dayeh33
03-05-2012, 09:19 PM
i agree with the first 2, but a slot corner is not needed. Next year T2 should be back and he said himself he's better in the slot than on the outside. We are actually pretty deep at corner

bansaw
03-05-2012, 09:21 PM
TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.Mike Mayock saying TE pretty weak this draft

JJC7301
03-05-2012, 09:29 PM
i agree with the first 2, but a slot corner is not needed. Next year T2 should be back and he said himself he's better in the slot than on the outside. We are actually pretty deep at corner

I'd like some secondary help in the draft, but I like our secondary overall.

Improve the o-line because it has the chance to be scary bad if it's not seriously addressed.

redbeardxxv
03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.Mike Mayock saying TE pretty weak this draft

Hasn't Reese already let it slip that he was looking for a TE in FA? Cowboy's TE, Bennet was brought up in the discussion...

netplus
03-05-2012, 10:34 PM
The Giamts have gotten by with low profile TE's Boss (5th round), Pascoe (6th round SF), and Ballard (undrafted). I'm sure they'll find another one late in the draft or as a free agent signing.

Regarding slot corner....is TT quick enough to do the job? Coming off the injury I doubt it.

BlueSanta
03-06-2012, 03:16 AM
You may not agree with us taking a TE early, but that doesnt change the fact that TE is a HUGE need. Again, we have absolutely nobody on the roster to line up week 1 of next year.
At other need positions we have developmental guys and some mediocre backups etc, but we have guys to at least play. At TE we have nothing,zilch, nada. Everyone is either a FA, injured, or both.

NYG4ME
03-06-2012, 04:55 AM
If we go OL, TE, or LB with the first pick. I'll be a happy man. All 3 for this team are vital. Reese will address every spot. In what order they address it is a non factor for me. Reese will get the best players possible.

Flip Empty
03-06-2012, 05:06 AM
Either Bennett or Carlson from FA, please. Then use a low pick in the draft on another one.

NYSPORTS
03-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I'd think about signing Shancoe.

GMENAGAIN
03-06-2012, 08:13 AM
I'd think about signing Shancoe.</P>

+1.</P>

He'd be a perfect, reasonably priced fit. A move like that has JR written all over it.</P>

GameTime
03-06-2012, 08:41 AM
You may not agree with us taking a TE early, but that doesnt change the fact that TE is a HUGE need. Again, we have absolutely nobody on the roster to line up week 1 of next year.
At other need positions we have developmental guys and some mediocre backups etc, but we have guys to at least play. At TE we have nothing,zilch, nada. Everyone is either a FA, injured, or both.
</P>

last year Ballard was "nothing" before the season started. The Giants have Pascoe who will have all his practicetime devoted to TE and not shared with FB. Also Reese likes Christian Hopkins. You cant say they have nothing because you really have no idea. You prob thought the same last season.</P>

They get another via FA too. </P>

Morehead State
03-06-2012, 08:50 AM
</P>

TE can be easily remedied in free agency. Plus its not a huge need for us because our offense doesn't use the TE like a lot of other offenses do.</P>

I don't get this "slot corner" thing at all. We have Webby, TT and Prince, plus a few younger players. Maybe a vet corner on the cheap would help us but I wouldn't call it a primary need.</P>

I think one of our great needs is a third down back who can block and catch the ball. Tolbert (SD) would be a great addition to our offense.</P>

Depth on the O line along with the elusive "athletic LB" are also needs for us.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 09:27 AM
1) Guard
2) Right tackle
3) Slot corner (Kevin Dockery was great in this role)

I think most of us have seen with our own eyes that McKenzie went from stud to liability, Deihl is awful, and Rolle and Ross are not good at slot corner. This article thinks the Giants can improve at these positions through a few low priced free agents and the draft. Hopefully the best player available when the Giants select will be a G or RT.

Link Giants 2012 needs (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/03/01/team-needs-2012-new-york-giants/)

guard is the one of the last positions we need..

Snee - Boothe - Petrus

TheEnigma
03-06-2012, 09:35 AM
Not really agreeing on this team actually needing a Guard to be honest. Right Guard is still Snee's job considering he's a 3x All Pro and the 2011 season was his only negative in the entirety of his career. Left Guard is more of a question with Diehl having another bad year but I think the FO will let Petrus and Boothe compete for the starting job in training camp. Depth is always nice but I'll be fine if we don't grab an additional body on the interior line.

The actual problem will be both tackle positions. Diehl and Kmac were statistically the worst pair of starting tackles in the league. Diehl has been a great player for the Giants but you really have to question his ability at this point as a decent starter. I don't see us really resigning Kmac so we'll probably hand the reigns to Brewer but other than being a phenomenal body, we know nothing yet and it would probably be unwise to not add something else there. Beatty played a little above average but you have to question if he can play a full season and can fight off injuries. It's a real possibility that we pick up 2 more tackles whether through the Draft, FA, or both.

Slot Corner isn't too big of a need but it's not exactly solid heading into next season. I think we'll pick up someone like Stephon Gillmore, Trumaine Johnson, or Donnie Fletcher in the draft. Maybe even Josh Robinson if he comes at good value.

As for TE, I don't think you can keep relying on PS players to fill the void. Pascoe is a good blocker but doesn't offer too much in the passing game. I think we end up picking up a solid FA like Shiancoe, Carlson, or Dreessen and then draft a TE in the middle rounds. I'd like to pick up Ladarius Green in the 3rd if we could and have him add bulk to his 6-6 frame since he's only 235lbs at the moment. He's the closest thing to being the next Jimmy Graham in this draft and could be a steal.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 09:44 AM
TE is our biggest worry. Kind of dont have one. Best avaible will do us good in this draft. even if its every pick. Im sure we will have a TE in place before week one and we will be fine.

alot of cheap talent on the FA market this year

I think we will address TE with FA

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 09:45 AM

Hasn't Reese already let it slip that he was looking for a TE in FA? Cowboy's TE, Bennet was brought up in the discussion...

\I hadn't read that Reese said that, good stuff

GameTime
03-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Not really agreeing on this team actually needing a Guard to be honest. Right Guard is still Snee's job considering he's a 3x All Pro and the 2011 season was his only negative in the entirety of his career. Left Guard is more of a question with Diehl having another bad year but I think the FO will let Petrus and Boothe compete for the starting job in training camp. Depth is always nice but I'll be fine if we don't grab an additional body on the interior line. The actual problem will be both tackle positions. Diehl and Kmac were statistically the worst pair of starting tackles in the league. Diehl has been a great player for the Giants but you really have to question his ability at this point as a decent starter. I don't see us really resigning Kmac so we'll probably hand the reigns to Brewer but other than being a phenomenal body, we know nothing yet and it would probably be unwise to not add something else there. Beatty played a little above average but you have to question if he can play a full season and can fight off injuries. It's a real possibility that we pick up 2 more tackles whether through the Draft, FA, or both. Slot Corner isn't too big of a need but it's not exactly solid heading into next season. I think we'll pick up someone like Stephon Gillmore, Trumaine Johnson, or Donnie Fletcher in the draft. Maybe even Josh Robinson if he comes at good value. <FONT color=#000080 size=4>As for TE, I don't think you can keep relying on PS players to fill the void.</FONT> Pascoe is a good blocker but doesn't offer too much in the passing game. I think we end up picking up a solid FA like Shiancoe, Carlson, or Dreessen and then draft a TE in the middle rounds. I'd like to pick up Ladarius Green in the 3rd if we could and have him add bulk to his 6-6 frame since he's only 235lbs at the moment. He's the closest thing to being the next Jimmy Graham in this draft and could be a steal.</P>

I am def guilty of that to a degree. I have always been in Pascoe's corner to be for the Giants what Ballard was last year. I am hoping that he improves his game all the way around andassume that if he can devote all his practice time to TE and not shared with FB duties that Pope will "Ballardize" him. I like to think Christian Hopkins can step up too. No room for him last year and he was raw anyway. Big kid and Reese seems to like him. Also had a few good reports from last training camp. Of course the PS and trainng camp are a long way from being productve in the NFL. </P>

I also think the Giants get a good FA TE and a mid draft as well. </P>

burier
03-06-2012, 10:06 AM
if our draft goes

OL, OL, Corner I'll **** a brick.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 10:20 AM
if our draft goes

a happy brick?

RonJon
03-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Latest mock draft has us taking TE Coby Fleener. Would be a good pick, but it would be hard to pass up Josh Robinson if he's on the board at 32. He was clocked as the fastest runner in the combine.

Flip Empty
03-06-2012, 10:31 AM
</P>

last year Ballard was "nothing" before the season started. The Giants have Pascoe who will have all his practice time devoted to TE and not shared with FB. Also Reese likes Christian Hopkins. You cant say they have nothing because you really have no idea. You prob thought the same last season.</P>

They get another via FA too. </P>
I think by "nothing" he means the tight end position is virtually vacant at this moment. Hopkins is the only TE currently under contract.

burier
03-06-2012, 10:32 AM
if our draft goes

a happy brick?

A very angry brick.

We're talking about basically wasting our first 3 picks. We're not nearly complete enough to be picking olineman that early...and then we use a third on a DB when our secondary is set.

It would be the definition of insanity.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 10:35 AM
if our draft goes

a happy brick?

A very angry brick.

We're talking about basically wasting our first 3 picks. We're not nearly complete enough to be picking olineman that early...and then we use a third on a DB when our secondary is set.

u don't draft for immediate need. At this point how can u question reese's draft style lol?

If thats what he does, he knows what hes doing. Insanity would be double guessing him at this point

Flip Empty
03-06-2012, 10:37 AM
if our draft goes

a happy brick?

A very angry brick.

Insanity like drafting a pass rusher in the first round when you're already loaded at that position? A solid o-line would get the rush attack going again.

What would your approach be?

burier
03-06-2012, 11:18 AM
if our draft goes

a happy brick?

A very angry brick.

Insanity like drafting a pass rusher in the first round when you're already loaded at that position? A solid o-line would get the rush attack going again.

I with Reese on you can never have too many pass rushers.

I believe the Oline needs to be improved but I also believe the talent differencial between a 2nd round Olineman and 4th round Olineman is quite small in general.

So I'd start looking for Olineman in the 4th round.

In the first 2 rounds I'd take the best player available (So long as it wasn't a lineman.)

If I hadn't taken a linebacker in the first two rounds I'd take one in the third.

I wouldn't take a corner in the first 2 unless he was the clear BPA.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 11:19 AM
if our draft goes

a happy brick?

A very angry brick.

I believe the Oline needs to be improved but I also believe the talent differencial between a 2nd round Olineman and 4th round Olineman is quite small in general.

In the first 2 rounds I'd take the best player available (So long as it wasn't a lineman.)

If I hadn't taken a linebacker in the first two rounds I'd take one in the third.

yea but u can't just say that generally.. you hav eno idea how the draft is going to go and poeple drop all the time..

If Reese sees a value on the line in the second and he takes it, i just don't get how you can be mad at that.

It doesn't make sense to me that you think the line needs to be improved but you don't want a rookie to be drafted to help address the problem

burier
03-06-2012, 11:29 AM
if our draft goes

a happy brick?

A very angry brick.

yea but u can't just say that generally.. you hav eno idea how the draft is going to go and poeple drop all the time..

If Reese sees a value on the line in the second and he takes it, i just don't get how you can be mad at that.

It doesn't make sense to me that you think the line needs to be improved but you don't want a rookie to be drafted to help address the problem

I want a rookie drafted just not so early.

If we were stacked everywhere else I'd say go ahead and take a lineman...but we have other problems.

I'd say that taking the BPA on D/skill positions in the first round is the way to go.

I can get anyone to block.

In fact if you look at the last time the Giants had a dominant Oline there were no early round draft picks on it with acception of Chris Snee who was taken a bit too early. (Nepotism???)

Everyone else on that line in 07/08 were late round picks and Eli stayed clean and the run game was dominant.

So I'd try to use that same approach to rebuild the Oline. We're finding that Oline play is more about chemistry than individual talent anyway.

Meanwhile we've got a major issue at linebacker. And I know since we won the superbowl everyone is high on the Koolaid but we couldn't stop the run last season because of poor linebacker play and depth.

It was also an issue against the pass on two fronts.

1) Because Tuck wasn't really showing up and Osi was hurt the passrush wasnt all that great in the first half of the season. This could have been addressed with Blitz packages but we just didnt have the talent at linebacker to blitz affectively.

2) So instead we played alot of coverage which also didn't work due to lack of talent at the linebacker spot.

This issue needs to be addressed before we go ahead and reach on a Lineman.

BlueReign
03-06-2012, 11:42 AM
JR is the best GM in football. He's got this under control. I won't ever question him.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
i can't wait to see burier flip when we don't really make any type of big move at lber....

forget being a fan, i hope we win another superbowl with lackluster LBers just to make his head explode

burier
03-06-2012, 11:52 AM
Eli gives us a chance no matter what but...

G-Men Surg.
03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
if our draft goes

a happy brick?

LOL , I don't see $@@@ a brick like a happy situation . Ha !

ShockeyShow
03-06-2012, 12:28 PM
i can't wait to see burier flip when we don't really make any type of big move at lber....

forget being a fan, i hope we win another superbowl with lackluster LBers just to make his head explode

lmao..... he might want to start looking for the top brain aneurysm specialists.

Why would we need a slot corner? Im not against gaining some depth in that dept, but it seems to me like we have SOLID talent with Webby, Prince, and TT...plus Ross (not in the slot) and our other backups.

We are definitely going to nab someone like Evans in the draft if Reese doesnt think we are going to be able to draft someone wh can come in and give us an immediate impact

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM

lmao..... he might want to start looking for the top brain aneurysm specialists.

Why would we need a slot corner? Im not against gaining some depth in that dept, but it seems to me like we have SOLID talent with Webby, Prince, and TT...plus Ross (not in the slot) and our other backups.

We are definitely going to nab someone like Evans in the draft if Reese doesnt think we are going to be able to draft someone wh can come in and give us an immediate impact

well TT is not in the bag yet... but I wouldn't mind grabbing another corner

To be honest, I think Phillips is going to be a cap casualty next year and we may start looking at saftey

myles2424
03-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Either Bennett or Carlson from FA, please. Then use a low pick in the draft on another one.I'd much rather draft than have either of those guys..

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Either Bennett or Carlson from FA, please. Then use a low pick in the draft on another one.I'd much rather draft than have either of those guys..

I would prefer getting a value in FA. We don't have enough draft picks to fill 25% of our team, which is what we don't have right now. We're going toh ave to make SOME FA moves.

I think the best bang for the buck will be from the TE class this year.

JJC7301
03-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I'd think about signing Shancoe.</P>

+1.</P>

He'd be a perfect, reasonably priced fit.* A move like that has JR written all over it.</P>
+2. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, or high draft pick, on TE. Just someone to hold the fort until Ballard can come back. If for some reason he can't come back from his injury, then address the position next year if Shancoe can't do the job.

JJC7301
03-06-2012, 12:51 PM

To be honest, I think Phillips is going to be a cap casualty next year and we may start looking at saftey

+1. I've got no prob with the # 1 pick being in the secondary. We have Web and Prince, but we don't know how Prince is going to play. Ross will probably leave and we don't know how TT is going to do.

If KP is a FA, then we'll need to develop a S because we can't afford 2 high priced Safeties (KP and Rolle).

We need depth in the secondary like we have on the D-line.

Morehead State
03-06-2012, 12:55 PM

lmao..... he might want to start looking for the top brain aneurysm specialists. Why would we need a slot corner? Im not against gaining some depth in that dept, but it seems to me like we have SOLID talent with Webby, Prince, and TT...plus Ross (not in the slot) and our other backups. We are definitely going to nab someone like Evans in the draft if Reese doesnt think we are going to be able to draft someone wh can come in and give us an immediate impact

</P>

I think Rolle has a better chance of being a cap casualty than KP.</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 12:56 PM

lmao..... he might want to start looking for the top brain aneurysm specialists. Why would we need a slot corner? Im not against gaining some depth in that dept, but it seems to me like we have SOLID talent with Webby, Prince, and TT...plus Ross (not in the slot) and our other backups. We are definitely going to nab someone like Evans in the draft if Reese doesnt think we are going to be able to draft someone wh can come in and give us an immediate impact

</p>

I think Rolle has a better chance of being a cap casualty than KP.</p>

doubt it, he restructured and forfeited money that got turned to guaranteed money to later years

Rolle is going to play out his contract no doubt. Phillips is a FA after this season

Morehead State
03-06-2012, 12:59 PM

</P>

I think Rolle has a better chance of being a cap casualty than KP.</P>

doubt it, he restructured and forfeited money that got turned to guaranteed money to later years

Rolle is going to play out his contract no doubt. Phillips is a FA after this season
</P>

Just thinking that he makes a lot more.</P>

ShockeyShow
03-06-2012, 12:59 PM

+1. I've got no prob with the # 1 pick being in the secondary. We have Web and Prince, but we don't know how Prince is going to play. Ross will probably leave and we don't know how TT is going to do.

If KP is a FA, then we'll need to develop a S because we can't afford 2 high priced Safeties (KP and Rolle).

I thhink everyone is keeping their fingers crossed with the Chad Jones project for this reason.Everyone wants to see this guy overcome the adversity and have a great career despite a major setback, but we need him to make the team this year so that he can get a year of developing and tutelage under guys like KP and Rolle.

I think we throw a tag on KP next year if we can't get a reasonable contract worked out.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I'd think about signing Shancoe.</p>

+1.</p>

He'd be a perfect, reasonably priced fit. A move like that has JR written all over it.</p>
+2. I'm not looking to spend a lot of money, or high draft pick, on TE. Just someone to hold the fort until Ballard can come back. If for some reason he can't come back from his injury, then address the position next year if Shancoe can't do the job.

I don't think there is any big money tight ends. I like Shiancoe but he kind of has the injury bug...

to be honest i'd be happy with Carlson, Thamme, Dressen, Bennett, Chandler, or Shiancoe

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 01:02 PM

</p>

</p>

Just thinking that he makes a lot more.</p>

na it just means u dont' get a cap relief if u cut him

Kruunch
03-06-2012, 01:03 PM

</p>

I'd guess they'd cut Rolle and keep KP on a second contract too.

Rolle is vastly overpaid and KP is better and will probably be cheaper as well (which says just how much we overpaid for Rolle).

You'll see some Safety depth added to this year and next in the draft is my guess.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 01:03 PM

I thhink everyone is keeping their fingers crossed with the Chad Jones project for this reason.Everyone wants to see this guy overcome the adversity and have a great career despite a major setback, but we need him to make the team this year so that he can get a year of developing and tutelage under guys like KP and Rolle.

I think we throw a tag on KP next year if we can't get a reasonable contract worked out.

I doubt we are going to bank on Chad Jones at this point. We're def going to give him a shot but I don't think we're going to hold back the saftey position if we feel we have a hole there.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 01:04 PM

</p>

Rolle is vastly overpaid and KP is better and will probably be cheaper as well (which says just how much we overpaid for Rolle).

You'll see some Safety depth added to this year and next in the draft is my guess.

your the cap guy

after restructuring last year and then maybe again next year, it wouldn't give us cap relief if we cut him after that.

JJC7301
03-06-2012, 01:08 PM

I doubt we are going to bank on Chad Jones at this point. We're def going to give him a shot but I don't think we're going to hold back the saftey position if we feel we have a hole there.

Honestly, but sad, I believe that Jones is done for. He of course will, and should, get a chance to show what he can do, but I find it impossible to believe that he can ever contribute on the field again.

I'm not banking on Jones at all. It'll be a wonderful surprise if he ever plays again, but I'm not counting on it at all.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Honestly, but sad, I believe that Jones is done for. He of course will, and should, get a chance to show what he can do, but I find it impossible to believe that he can ever contribute on the field again.

I'm not banking on Jones at all. It'll be a wonderful surprise if he ever plays again, but I'm not counting on it at all.

well I mean who knows - crazier things have happened..

I think he could maybe still be a professional player, I just don't think we're not going to touch the saftey spot rolling that dice

Kruunch
03-06-2012, 01:13 PM

</p>

your the cap guy

after restructuring last year and then maybe again next year, it wouldn't give us cap relief if we cut him after that.

Rolle is a $9.35 mil cap hit in 2013. If cut, his cap number goes down to $2.35 mil.

Also, IIRC when a club eats salary as signing bonus, the player gets that money right away. The cap hit however is amortized over the length of the contract. In other words, last year they gave him $4 mil of his salary in signing bonus and paid the rest normally. He got all that money but $4 mil of that is now spread out to 2014 in terms of the cap hit.

I highly doubt they eat more of his contract as bonus at this point .... they'd end up having too much potential dead money (and god forbid he gets injured).

KP on the other hand probably will get something like 75% of the contract that Rolle got in his next contract and is a better player then Rolle (imo).

Who would you keep?

P.S. - I agree about Chad Jones. Anything we get from him at this point will be gravy for the Giants.

lawl
03-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Have zero interest in a linebacker in the first two rounds.

We need a right tackle. Is brewer ready to be that guy?

NYGRealityCheck
03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
I highly doubt Antrel Roll will get cut.

Cap-hit salary for 2012 is $9.1 million.

If they cut Rolle for the 2012 season (bad move btw), his allocated signing bonus money for 2013 and 2014 will be acclerated (added up) against the 2012 cap. He has a $2.35 million signing bonus for Each of those years.

If they cut him before June 1, that's a $7.05 million cap-hit for 2012 while also losing one of the better NFL safeties in the game. After June 1, that cap-hit gets split for 2012 and 2013 but does not go away.

ShockeyShow
03-06-2012, 07:02 PM

If they cut Rolle for the 2012 season (bad move btw), his allocated signing bonus money for 2013 and 2014 will be acclerated (added up) against the 2012 cap. He has a $2.35 million signing bonus for Each of those years.

If they cut him before June 1, that's a $7.05 million cap-hit for 2012 while also losing one of the better NFL safeties in the game. After June 1, that cap-hit gets split for 2012 and 2013 but does not go away.

I believe he was referring to getting cut after next season.

NYGRealityCheck
03-06-2012, 07:10 PM

I believe he was referring to getting cut after next season.

Then that's a $4.7 million signing cap hit before June 1 2013, split after plus losing the player as suppose to the $9.5 million cap-hit salary for the 2013 season. It may start to look feasible for a cut, but I'm not going to consider that far ahead. Probably want to trade first to see if any returns can be obtained before cutting. His contract goes to 2014.

BlueSanta
03-06-2012, 08:30 PM
</p>

last year Ballard was "nothing" before the season started. The Giants have Pascoe who will have all his practicetime devoted to TE and not shared with FB. Also Reese likes Christian Hopkins. You cant say they have nothing because you really have no idea. You prob thought the same last season.</p>

They get another via FA too. </p>
OMG, ok for the last time.. We do NOT have Pascoe. Not right now. He is a free agent.

So, we have ZERO TEs as thing stand right now. So how can you even defend it not being listed as a need?

You mention Hopkins. Yes there is word Reese likes him, however anyone can sign him off our practice squad because he isnt on the roster. So again, he isnt a part of the team right now, just like Pascoe.

So how can you defend TE NOT being a need? Maybe all we need to do is promote Hopkins and resign Pascoe, but that hasnt happened and going into free agency we have no idea if someone will throw a crazy contract at either of those guys and steal them away. So, until we actually have somebody on our roster who can play the position, it ABSOLUTELY is a huge need because TE is a big part of the offense.

I would also argue Pascoe was only a marginal success at TE. People seem to overlook the fact that he was a holding penalty machine last year. He ended multiple drives with his holding calls. In fact, he was only a part time player but was among the most penalized players for holding calls in the league.

tonyt830
03-06-2012, 08:58 PM
My opinion for what its worth, if Fleener or Allen is there at 32, and Reese has one of them on his radar, I think he pulls the trigger. If not, maybe a Green or Egnew in the 3rd or 4th may be of value?</P>

</P>

But we all know that Reese is known to take the BPA over need in the 1st. So I would not be surprised to see him draft a DT or DE at 32, if they are Reese's BPA at the spot.</P>