PDA

View Full Version : Wow, NFL.COM says top draft prospects are most similar to Eli/Nicks

giantsfan420
03-06-2012, 02:06 AM
On NFL.com, their is a "draft cheat sheet" in which the top prospects are listed and then compared to the most similar players in the league right now...
According to nfl.com-
Andrew Luck compares most to Eli Manning
Justin Blackmon compares most to Hakeem Nicks

pretty cool to see the top QB prospect since arguably Eli Manning is being compared to him, and that one of the best collegiate WR's in recent memory is being compared to Nicks

just found that interesting

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8275a0a8/article/get-to-know-the-future-stars-of-the-nfl?module=HP11_cp

GMenNY21
03-06-2012, 03:01 AM
The luck/ Eli comparison seems logical. & Blackmon does remind me of Nicks, EXCEPT that Nicks is a much better threat vertically down the field. ( as shown in this past playoff run).. Blackmon is being labeled a purely underneath route running wideout.. Nicks has a knack for for deep catchs as does Cruz

giantsfan420
03-06-2012, 06:21 AM
The luck/ Eli comparison seems logical. & Blackmon does remind me of Nicks, EXCEPT that Nicks is a much better threat vertically down the field. ( as shown in this past playoff run).. Blackmon is being labeled a purely underneath route running wideout.. Nicks has a knack for for deep catchs as does Cruz

i dunno who is labeling blackmon that, i hadnt heard anyone say that about him. in college he was an amazing deep threat, he may not be proclaimed as a guy who gets behind safeties, but his size and athleticism make him the perfect canidate for those jump ball situations downfield...

egyptian420
03-06-2012, 07:46 AM
I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise since Eli was a #1 pick in the draft and a 2 time SB MVP lol

...if anything we might be giving Luck too much credit here

TheEnigma
03-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Eh. I think Luck coming out is like a more polished Aaron Rodgers at the time. No offense to Eli but he doesn't have the athleticism like Luck when it comes to speed.

The only QB that I think shares similarities with Eli is Brady himself really with their pocket awareness and top notch defense reading abilities.

rebelfan1966
03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Eh. I think Luck coming out is like a more polished Aaron Rodgers at the time. No offense to Eli but he doesn't have the athleticism like Luck when it comes to speed.

The only QB that I think shares similarities with Eli is Brady himself really with their pocket awareness and top notch defense reading abilities.

I can see where your statement has merit....

giantsfan420
03-06-2012, 02:28 PM
i agree with enigma and rebel, just think its comical that in 2010, nfl.com analysts were murdering eli, now, they're comparing one of the best qb prospects of the past 20 years to eli...

and speed aside, i do think luck and eli were very similar collegiate players. eli was extremely accurate in college, kinda wondered where it went his first few seasons in the nfl, but last season he proved to be one of the best downfield throwers and accurate passers...

brady was like 90% accurate on passes 10 yards or less, and 40% accurate on passes 10 yards or more...eli on the other hand is as accurate downfield as he is on underneath stuff.

did eli perform at the combine?

Bohemian
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
I agree with the notion that Luck is being way over-hyped. That is way too much pressure to put on the young man. Lets also remember that the Colts organization has completely gutted its front office, and there is no way of telling whether or not they will be able to build around the kid.

Somewhere Peyton is smiling about it all.

TheEnigma
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
The similarities between Eli and Luck aren't really in physical measures but more in personality. Take a look at Luck's interviews and watch how he talks, what he mentions, and just how he carries himself.

You're not going to see this kid being accused of crimes or talking crap in the media. Not only is he a great player but he's a great human being.

G-Man67
03-06-2012, 03:48 PM
seems like they are trying to say they are Super Bowl winning type talent more than anything ... i mean sure Eli and Luck are big and have strong arms ... but Eli is not known for being a great athelete, whereas Luck impressed at the combines and Eli is known for beingclutch and cool under pressure... not sure we know that about Luck yet</P>