PDA

View Full Version : Hixon's new contract means adios for Manningham?

rebelfan1966
03-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I know we have a cap issue, was Hixon's new deal driven by the fact we can't afford Manningham? Thoughts?

NYG4ME
03-06-2012, 10:17 AM
We cant afford manningham regardless of signing hixon or not. We are already way over the cap. unfortunately MM is a goner.

MattMeyerBud
03-06-2012, 10:24 AM
We cant afford manningham regardless of signing hixon or not. We are already way over the cap. unfortunately MM is a goner.

+1

TheEnigma
03-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Signing MM to a respectable deal for both sides just makes it near impossible for the Giants to retain Cruz and Nicks in the foreseeable future and I think that's what Reese really wants to do.

RoanokeFan
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM

This^

JPizzack
03-06-2012, 10:47 AM
Signing MM to a respectable deal for both sides just makes it near impossible for the Giants to retain Cruz and Nicks in the foreseeable future and I think that's what Reese really wants to do.</P>

yea not happening. We were blessed with great WRs. The writing was on the wall as soon as Cruz exploded. It's a good thing though. We have a good thing going for us.</P>

RoanokeFan
03-06-2012, 11:21 AM
Signing MM to a respectable deal for both sides just makes it near impossible for the Giants to retain Cruz and Nicks in the foreseeable future and I think that's what Reese really wants to do.</p>

yea not happening. We were blessed with great WRs. The writing was on the wall as soon as Cruz exploded. It's a good thing though. We have a good thing going for us.</p>

I think Mario will do well for himself in free agency

Toadofsteel
03-06-2012, 11:33 AM
If he goes to the bucs, as is rumored, I wish him well. As long as he doesn't burn bridges or go to the Eagles, I'll continue to respect him. Kinda like Kevin Boss...

G-Man67
03-06-2012, 12:51 PM
it's a minimum contract, so it's not really much of an impact on the cap, but it may be a sign that they know Mario is gone and they are trying to ensure they have experienced guys going into camp&lt;P&gt;</P>

really, what would be nice with Hixon is if he could be our returner ... certainly he has shown he can be a #4 type WR, but we really need help in the return game</P>

Drez
03-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Manningham's new contract means adios for Manningham.</P>

Hixon's contract has nothing to do with it. Hixon got his contract because he is (was) a decent reserve receiver and a pretty good special teamer. He was getting resigned regardless of the Manningham situatuion.</P>