first post-combine mock draft, let me know wehat you think:

1-Cody Glen
2-George Iloka
3-Mychal Kendricks
4-David Wilson
5-BPA
6-BPA
7-BPA

For hte record, i see us sticking with teh TE's we have or picking up a low-rent FA to keep the spot warm for Ballard.

I also think Jerry is going to try to make use of hte recievers we have, Nicks and Cruz are locked in, this is really Barden's best chance to step up or lose his job, Jernigan is an option also. Hixon, assuming he is healthy is a capable slot reciever also.

BlueSanta
03-06-2012, 05:24 PM
1) you say you see us sticking with the TE we have. Might I remind you have none. Ballard and pascoe are FA atm, Ballard will miss most if not all of next year as will Beckum. We have zero TEs who will be available to play day 1 of next year. So "sticking with what we have" isnt an option. Nor is just picking up 1 low rent guy in FA.We need at least 2 players to secure the position 3 is what we usually carry.

2) We have the last pick in each round. David Wilson wont make it to our pick in the 2nd round, let alone the 4th round.

3) As things stand right now, I think Iioka would be somewhat of a reach where you have us taking him.

4) and lastly, Cordy Glenn is a top 15 pick. His amazing combine, coupled with his rumored great interviews at his pro day have him way oup this offseason. Personally, I would be shocked if he made it past the cowboys at pick 14, let alone make it to 32.

5) lastly is the wr spot: Something like 90% of Cruz catches this year came from the slot. The Giants would be crazy top ask him to move outside. What they do not have is a viable outside precense to replace MM. They do not need a slot guy. They already have the best 1 in the league. This is likely the reason JJ will not be the answer, because he is a slot guy. Hixon has done both for us, but with his knee issues it is a HUGE risk asking him to be the answer. Barden is the only clear outside guy right now and he is very unproven and fragile. So if the Giants look for a WR, it will likely be someone on the outside who can keep teams from rolling safeties towards Nicks.

BluGiantPies
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
1) you say you see us sticking with the TE we have. Might I remind you have none. Ballard and pascoe are FA atm, Ballard will miss most if not all of next year as will Beckum. We have zero TEs who will be available to play day 1 of next year. So "sticking with what we have" isnt an option. Nor is just picking up 1 low rent guy in FA.We need at least 2 players to secure the position 3 is what we usually carry.

2) We have the last pick in each round. David Wilson wont make it to our pick in the 2nd round, let alone the 4th round.

3) As things stand right now, I think Iioka would be somewhat of a reach where you have us taking him.

4) and lastly, Cordy Glenn is* a top 15 pick. His amazing combine, coupled with his rumored great interviews at his pro day have him way oup this offseason. Personally, I would be shocked if he made it past the cowboys at pick 14, let alone make it to 32.

5) lastly is the wr spot: Something like 90% of Cruz catches this year came from the slot. The Giants would be crazy top ask him to move outside. What they do not have is a viable outside precense to replace MM. They do not need a slot guy. They already have the best 1 in the league. This is likely the reason JJ will not be the answer, because he is a slot guy. Hixon has done both for us, but with his knee issues it is a HUGE risk asking him to be the answer. Barden is the only clear outside guy right now and he is very unproven and fragile. So if the Giants look for a WR, it will likely be someone on the outside who can keep teams from rolling safeties towards Nicks.
completely agree we need an outside guy. Jeffery, hill, mcnutt,quick, Dwight Jones, Sanu, randle, streeter. Lucky for us there's quite a few of them. This is the best wide receiver draft I've ever seen. So many guys could be real solid pros.

iBleedBlue88
03-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Points taken, for TE I really think we will be fine with pascoe and Hopkins, maybe pick up Dreesen as a FA, with our offense there is no need to go for a fist round TE or a big free agent.

I can see Glenn falling, sort of like Prince did last year. if he snt there then Mike Adams is an option. could also see us going with a DB here if we cant sign T2, maybe Josh Robinson or janoris jenkins i he falls for character issues.

David Wilson, Yes he will likely be gone by the 4th, however RBs are becoming more and more de-valued, not a stretch to think he might make to round3 (he is like hte 5th best RB, dont see more than 2 being taken in each round)