PDA

View Full Version : Dirtiest players you have seen us play

G-Man67
03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
not to make light of some of the serious investigations going on, but thought this might be an interesting list</P>

i did find an SI article, but it is from 2009 and it only dealt with current players (well, 2009 current)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/11/04/dirty/index.html</P>

this was an interesting list as well ... all sports</P>

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/795051-the-50-dirtiest-players-of-all-time#/articles/795051-the-50-dirtiest-players-of-all-time/page/17</P>

and i'll just throw one name out there from way back in they day ... Conrad Dobler ... younger fans, google him up</P>

and finally in my experience, offensive lineman, like Dobler, are more likely to be dirty than even defensive players, IMO, the 49ers crew from Montana's days were notorious for going low on engaged defensive lineman, which is why that is illegal now</P>

NY_Eli
03-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Cortland Finnegan

titwio
03-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Chuck Cecil was the dirtiest player I've ever seen. He was the human head spear with his customized helmet... and he took guys literally... head on.

WR4Life
03-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Chuck Cecil was the dirtiest player I've ever seen. He was the human head spear with his customized helmet... and he took guys literally... head on.

Head on. Apply directly to the forehead. Head on. Apply directly to the forehead.

GiantsInTheNFCEast
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Andre(?) "Dirty" Waters. played for Buddy Ryan's Eagles

Redeyejedi
03-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Flozell Adams. Guy is a piece of trash

Redeyejedi
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Troy Polamulu is dirty player as well

bansaw
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Rodney Harrison - Jim Burt

jjj45
03-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Troy Polamulu is dirty player as wellWow. Isn't that a crap-filled statement.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm shocked gordie howe isn't on the list

Martyr
03-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Bill Romanowski

BlueSanta
03-06-2012, 08:49 PM
I cant believe I am the 1st to say Andre Waters

logan9839
03-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Dawkins!

Martyr
03-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Dawkins!</P>

very true</P>

buffyblue
03-06-2012, 09:01 PM
not to make light of some of the serious investigations going on, but thought this might be an interesting list</P>

i did find an SI article, but it is from 2009 and it only dealt with current players (well, 2009 current)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/795051-the-50-dirtiest-players-of-all-time#/articles/795051-the-50-dirtiest-players-of-all-time/page/17</P>

and i'll just throw one name out there from way back in they day ... Conrad Dobler ... younger fans, google him up</P>

and finally in my experience, offensive lineman, like Dobler, are more likely to be
dirty than even defensive players, IMO, the 49ers crew from Montana's days where notorious for going low on engaged defensive lineman, which is why that is illegal now</P>

The Denver Broncos offensive line under Mike Shanahan was disgustingly filthy particularly with leg whipping. They were a mirror image of his o line in San Francisco when he was OC there. Mike Shanahan is a demigrates d bag and I hope he gets hepatitis c.

buffyblue
03-06-2012, 09:02 PM

and finally in my experience, offensive lineman, like Dobler, are more likely to be
dirty than even defensive players, IMO, the 49ers crew from Montana's days where notorious for going low on engaged defensive lineman, which is why that is illegal now</P>

The Denver Broncos offensive line under Mike Shanahan was disgustingly filthy particularly with leg whipping. They were a mirror image of his o line in San Francisco when he was OC there. Mike Shanahan is a demigrates d bag and I hope he gets hepatitis c.

B-Red22
03-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Rodney Harrison

njersey
03-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I thought Bruce Smith was dirty. Seemed like he was always trying to hurt someone.

Redeyejedi
03-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Troy is a dirty player maybe u dont watch enough Steelers or when he was at USC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

Your clearly being blinded by his hair commercials the guy iis easy Top 10 Dirty player in the NFL

giantsfan420
03-06-2012, 09:39 PM
roy williams when he was a cowboy used to piss me off, b.dawkins used to infuriate me with those after the whistle spears when our guy was already on the ground, the entire NO team with their hitting defensless players and constant running up the score, throwing deep up 17 points late in the 4th, d.revis with his draping of our wr being all over them and never getting flagged, flozelle adams for blatant trips after being beat, clay mathews last season had several very late hits on eli, cortland finnegan...

Harooni
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Fat-zell adams.

redbeardxxv
03-06-2012, 09:55 PM

Yeah, right team, wrong player...... should be looking at Whines Hard..... dude is an *****HOLE by multiple accounts, and has never seen a cheap shot he didn't try to take...

ShockeyShow
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Flozell Adams. Guy is a piece of trash

Strahan said he was the dirtiest player as was Big John Runyan

jjj45
03-06-2012, 10:39 PM

Your clearly being blinded by his hair commercials the guy iis easy Top 10 Dirty player in the NFLYeah because I go off of some yahoo who made a Youtube video.

Top ten dirty player? on who's list?

I'm in PA, so I watch a lot of Steelers games. Just because the guy throws his body around with reckless abandon doesn't mean he's a "dirty player" Last time I checked, this was football. He lays everything on the line in his style of play. And I would not label it dirty.

He's not Ndamukong Suh who stomps on players for the heck of hit. So he made a questionable call in his college days. Can't even complain it was helmet-to-helmet. Maybe the returner should call for a fair catch. This is a violent game, people need to get over it.

ShakeNBake
03-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Roy Williams, aka Mr.horsecollar

ShakeNBake
03-06-2012, 10:57 PM

Your clearly being blinded by his hair commercials the guy iis easy Top 10 Dirty player in the NFLYeah because I go off of some yahoo who made a Youtube video.

I'm in PA, so I watch a lot of Steelers games. Just because the guy throws his body around with reckless abandon doesn't mean he's a "dirty player" Last time I checked, this was football. He lays everything on the line in his style of play. And I would not label it dirty.

He's not Ndamukong Suh who stomps on players for the heck of hit. So he made a questionable call in his college days. Can't even complain it was helmet-to-helmet. Maybe the returner should call for a fair catch. This is a violent game, people need to get over it.

You can't hit the returner before he has the ball........

jjj45
03-06-2012, 11:16 PM

Yeah I know, it was a bad decision on Troys part. My point is, one play from college doesn't make him a dirty player. Being a dirty player implies that you are constantly taking cheap shots and trying to cause harm with ill intent.

ShakeNBake
03-06-2012, 11:20 PM

Yeah I know, it was a bad decision on Troys part. My point is, one play from college doesn't make him a dirty player. Being a dirty player implies that you are constantly taking cheap shots and trying to cause harm with ill intent.

Yeah I hear ya I don't think I would call Troy a "dirty" player either but he sure does play with reckless abandon

Bohemian
03-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Rodney Harrison - Jim Burt

I second that!

I would also add the late 80s San Francisco O-Line. Those guys were coach to leg-whip.

Bigbluereckingcrew
03-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Al Harris....Looked like he was playing flag football the way he would grabs Jerseys...

Lets no forget about James Harrison, who might as well be an honorary saint.

Joe Morrison
03-07-2012, 02:15 AM
Daryl Dawkins, never made a hit unless it was late!

titwio
03-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Daryl Dawkins, never made a hit unless it was late!

The only Darryl Dawkins I know is the guy that used to shatter backboards dunking a basketball.

Redeyejedi
03-07-2012, 07:45 AM

#9 as voted by the players that list and he hit the guy before he caught the ball.I cant believe u have never seen that guy after the whistle. he is always given cheap shots. Is he as bad as Haynesworth or Suh of course not but everyone always points out those guys

G-Man67
03-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Bill Romanowski</P>

great one, yeah he was unreal ... def. roid rage, IMO</P>

GmenFan1980
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Kind of surprised that Deacon Jones wasn't put on this list :/.

Edit- great player, but dirty IMO

egyptian420
03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Flozel Adams for sure.....I also don't think Polamalu is a dirty player, I'd love to have him on this team

Redeyejedi
03-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Flozel Adams for sure.....I also don't think Polamalu is a dirty player, I'd love to have him on this team
Didnt say i wouldnt want him or think he is a hell of a player. I thought Dawkins was great 2 but he was dirty

egyptian420
03-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Didnt say i wouldnt want him or think he is a hell of a player. I thought Dawkins was great 2 but he was dirty
I just don't see how he's "dirty"....when I think dirty I think of Flozel, Suh, Cortland, James Harrison, even Hines Ward could be called dirty for his ridiculously viscous and unnecessary hits on DB's....I think Polamalu is just a good hard hitting safety, I've never seen him do anything dirty on purpose

1 bad hit in college shouldn't taint a great 10 year NFL career

Redeyejedi
03-07-2012, 02:04 PM
I just don't see how he's "dirty"....when I think dirty I think of Flozel, Suh, Cortland, James Harrison, even Hines Ward could be called dirty for his ridiculously viscous and unnecessary hits on DB's....I think Polamalu is just a good hard hitting safety, I've never seen him do anything dirty on purpose

I wish i never posted that. Its way more then 1 play in College and if the players voted him in the Top 10 of dirtiest players then my opinion obviously isnt that out of left field

carthon44
03-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Richard Dent any time he played against Simms.

UK-Giantsfan
03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Hines Ward .........dirty b88tard .....some of his so called blocks on defenders are a bloody disgrace

egyptian420
03-07-2012, 04:38 PM

I wish i never posted that. Its way more then 1 play in College and if the players voted him in the Top 10 of dirtiest players then my opinion obviously isnt that out of left field
Lol I don't want to make you regret saying that, so I'll agree to disagree.....but just saying, going along with that rhetoric, we can say the players also didn't vote Eli in the top 100 players...

jjj45
03-07-2012, 05:54 PM

I wish i never posted that. Its way more then 1 play in College and if the players voted him in the Top 10 of dirtiest players then my opinion obviously isnt that out of left fieldThere are really only a few dirty players in the NFL right now. And Troy isn't one of them.

So someone decides to go around and make a list, because people love top 10 lists for some reason. So after you run out of the obvious guys. They have to fill it up with candidates and they stick Troy on it because his style of play could be mistaken for being dirty. I mean who else are they gonna put at #9, Aaron Ross? And like Egyptian420 said, what about that bogus top 100 list? I guess you agreed with that one too....

Redeyejedi
03-07-2012, 06:22 PM

I wish i never posted that. Its way more then 1 play in College and if the players voted him in the Top 10 of dirtiest players then my opinion obviously isnt that out of left fieldThere are really only a few dirty players in the NFL right now. And Troy isn't one of them.

So someone decides to go around and make a list, because people love top 10 lists for some reason. So after you run out of the obvious guys. They have to fill it up with candidates and they stick Troy on it because his style of play could be mistaken for being dirty. I mean who else are they gonna put at #9, Aaron Ross? And like Egyptian420 said, what about that bogus top 100 list? I guess you agreed with that one too....

Dude somebody didnt just make a Top 10 list they asked 296 players who the dirtiest player in the NFL was and he finished 9th.One vote for one player.
I guess u guys missed the Ravens game this year when he went after Leach after the whistle.I dont agree with the Top 100 list but I do think Troy is a dirty player just illustrating Im not the only 1 .Some of his peers voted him the Dirtiest out of all the players..He would be way down on my list but they thought he was bad enough to be #1

bronxvgiant
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM
Vilma,Roman Harper

jjj45
03-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Yes I get that it was asked by players. Seems to me everybody, including the players with their lauded list, is going off that one altercation, which honestly is totally open to interpretation to how "dirty" it was. I had a feeling you would bring that up. I've watched it a bunch of times, and it seems to me that yeah, Troy lost his temper, but he was also grabbed by Rice (dragged to the ground) afterward and it just escalated. A lot of people will be under the impression that Polomalu is dirty by watching this, and they will be wrong.

But if you are dead set in thinking he is a cheap player, then nothing I say will change your mind.