PDA

View Full Version : Draft prospects you hate?

nevada11
03-06-2012, 08:30 PM
that everyone loves

Nick perry - one trick pony

kalil - average run blocker. NOT a lock as a prennial pro bowler

thompson - I've never seen him dominate a game?

barron - overrated

hightower - STOP MOCKING HIM TO THE GIANTS!!

I'm not saying these players will bust.. just sayin.. i dislike em compared to others

tonyt830
03-06-2012, 08:37 PM
that's the thing about the mocks and how some fans and media feel about players each and every year Nevada. </P>

</P>

</P>

You are going to have the workout warriors, the solid pro players, the all-pros, a potential hall of famer, and of course the diamonds in the rough. Who will fall into the above categories, time will only tell.</P>

</P>

</P>

Thats why they leave those decisions up to the GMs, scouts and coaches---and even they may fail occasionally.</P>

titwio
03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Not hate but strong dislike for as prospects or for the Giants...

Zach Brown
Ryan Tannehill
Lamar Miller
Alfonzo Dennard
Alshon Jefferey

B-Red22
03-06-2012, 09:32 PM

Zach Brown
Ryan Tannehill
Lamar Miller
Alfonzo Dennard
Alshon Jefferey

I love Alshon Jefferey

slipknottin
03-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Kalil only needs to be an average run blocker as a LT.

Though Tyron Smith coming out was in the same as Kalil, average run blocker, not all that strong, but both have the frame to add weight and strength.

BlueSanta
03-06-2012, 09:36 PM

Heh ya, I like him a lot. For a 3-4 team.

slipknottin
03-06-2012, 09:38 PM
And I agree with Alshon Jeffery, cant separate at college, has significant weight issues.

Zach Brown is incredibly soft.

Really dont like Coples either. He was just awful his entire senior season.

And then of course Burfict. Who fans seem to think is amazing because he pointed at a QB.

titwio
03-06-2012, 09:41 PM

Zach Brown
Ryan Tannehill
Lamar Miller
Alfonzo Dennard
Alshon Jefferey

I love Alshon Jefferey

He's not a bad player I just don't like him for the Giants... which some people at mock draft central picked him for NY at 32. The Giants already have another big WR who can't run in Barden.

I'd hate to see them spend a pick on another one.

titwio
03-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Zach Brown is incredibly soft.

Seriously...He lacks the physicality you want to see in a LB...especially one people have going in the first round. Not impressed at all.

Neverend
03-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Poe, I like Poe. Just not as a top tier pick. Raw and unproductive. Little bit of a workout warrior.

I dislike datko. I think hes fineese, has no mean streak, and has a weak punch. I can see him getting pushed around against power throughout his career

not the biggest fan of glenn. i think he can be an excellent run blocker in the nfl but hes a little bit of an average technician. im not completely convinced hes going to dominate in the nfl. i think he can be a good run blocker in power scheme but not a great offensive line overall

i love cox as a prospect, but i think hes a terrible fit for the giants and is a little bit of a one trick pony. i think he will excel on a defense like philly/detroit

David wilson also bothers me. I'm just not a fan of a back that doesn't have natural instincts.

as far as corners go chase minnifeld had a pretty poor season last year imo and dennard was way too inconsistent.

i also strongly dislike reuben randle as a first round prospect. he isn't dynamic in any area of the game and isn't all that far off from some of the mid round prospects at WR. Would throw my remote on tv if the giants took him at 32

TheEnigma
03-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Seems most of my dislikes have already been mentioned (Hightower, Burfict, Brown, Jeffery) but there is one thing that I don't agree with the majority and that is the Coby Fleener and Dwayne Allen comparisons. I just get the vibe that a lot of people write off Allen because he is shorter and didn't perform as many deep routes as Fleener but I don't think people give Allen a fair shake. Allen didn't have nearly as great of a QB throwing him the ball and also wasn't asked to do deep routes much because of Sammy Watkins being on his team. Not that I think Allen is an all around superior prospect compared to Fleener but it's a lot closer than I think people believe.

slipknottin
03-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I personally dont compare Allen and Fleener because they are different types of TEs.

Allen is a move TE, Fleener (eventually when he gets bigger) will be an inline TE>

nevada11
03-06-2012, 11:25 PM
allen aint even the best TE on his own team. ford is better

Neverend
03-06-2012, 11:42 PM
im personally starting turn around on dwayne allen. just finished watching his oustanding 4th qtr against wake forest. poor mans jermichael finley as a receiver imho

XxBigWhitxX
03-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Hate:

Zebrie Sanders- A softer Will beatty if you ask me. strictly finesse.

David Wilson- I hate 1st round RBs

Dwayne Allen- Too short and not enough speed to REALLY be a mismatch

Coby Fleener- just as far as first round. I hate the idea of a TE in the first.

Kelechi Osemele (spell check)- Just rubs me wrong.

Love:

Cordy Glenn- Honestly my dream pick.

Quinton Coples- for a "bad year" he still put up good numbers. not to mention UNC wasn't a team that had much to look forward to last year so I could understand why the fire wasn't there. he more than proved his ability in the senior bowl.

Stephen Hill- Kid has all the tools all he needs is the coach and chance.

Stephon Gilmore- Honestly he's a faster Al Harris.

Zach Brown- He might not fit what is typically requested for a LB but he is the prototype new NFL LB. Athletic, fast, can cover.

bLuereverie
03-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Other than Burfict, Brown and Jefferey already mentioned.

Was never high on Iloka like others here.

Don't care for Jerel Worthy.

heavyhitter
03-07-2012, 09:20 AM
allen aint even the best TE on his own team. ford is better<font size="2">I don't know about all this. Allen &gt; Ford and it's not even really close. Brandon Ford has potential at TE, but he's not on Dwayne Allen's level.</font>

heavyhitter
03-07-2012, 09:26 AM
im personally starting turn around on dwayne allen. just finished watching his oustanding 4th qtr against wake forest. poor mans jermichael finley as a receiver imho<font size="2">Not to take anything away from Allen but DeAndre Hopkins and Sammy Watkins really opened things up for him. Dwayne Allen is a great TE though and has got some really good hands as well. </font>

critters
03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
that everyone loves

Nick perry - one trick pony

kalil - average run blocker. NOT a lock as a prennial pro bowler

thompson - I've never seen him dominate a game?

barron - overrated

I'm not saying these players will bust.. just sayin.. i dislike em compared to others

Hahaha.. Yeah, the 2 leaders and leading tacklers of what many considered one of the greatest defenses of all time are overrated.

In Barron's first year as a starter he ranked 8th in the country in INTs and 6th in passes defended. He was 2nd on a team loaded with future NFL players in tackles (led the team his jr year I think). He ranked 5th in school history in INT return yards. He was a 5 star out of high school as an athlete. Many thought he could have been an All Star at RB or WR as well.

I'm guessing you've never watched Alabama play and just randomly picked these guys. I watch any SEC game I can find and both of these guys jump off the screen. Just say you don't like them, calling Barron overrated at this point in his career is full ******. Maybe he's a bust in the NFL, but he's ranked exactly where he should be. And I'll mock whoever the f*ck I want to to the Giants.

critters
03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
allen aint even the best TE on his own team. ford is better

I guess Clemson just likes a challenge then because Allen started ahead of him. Either way, why does that matter? Ford is not in this draft, Allen is.

TheEnigma
03-07-2012, 10:25 AM
The thing with Hightower is that I don't think Reese will have much interest in him at #32 unless he's confident in his ability to play with his hand in the dirt and rush the passer as well. Just don't see the value there for an ILB with concerns against the passing game at the NFL level. That said, he has a bright future if the right team drafts him.

tittletoshofner
03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Hightower is not a first round talent in my view. If he's still there at #64 then maybe.

quan the don
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
What's wrong with Lamar Miller? Id rather have him than david Wilson or doug martin. Miller can be one of those backs that strike fear into opposing defenses with his elite burst. Martin looks like another Bradshaw to me, which is good but not what I think we need.

critters
03-07-2012, 12:13 PM
The thing with Hightower is that I don't think Reese will have much interest in him at #32 unless he's confident in his ability to play with his hand in the dirt and rush the passer as well. Just don't see the value there for an ILB with concerns against the passing game at the NFL level. That said, he has a bright future if the right team drafts him.

I can definitely see the Giants not thinking he's a safe pick for a 4-3. He can play with his hand in the ground from what I've seen, but my guess is that he'll end up in a 3-4 system where he's probably a better fit.

As for not being a first round talent, I doubt it, bu MAYBE he wont' go in the first, but no way he goes beyond the very early part of the 2nd. My guess is the people that knock his talents are people that didn't watch him play much this year. He was the captain, play caller and lead tackler for the #1 defense in the country. On a team that consistently gets the top recruiting classes he has started from day one.

TheEnigma
03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
What's wrong with Lamar Miller? Id rather have him than david Wilson or doug martin. Miller can be one of those backs that strike fear into opposing defenses with his elite burst. Martin looks like another Bradshaw to me, which is good but not what I think we need.I think the better Giants RB comparison would be Tiki honestly. Bradshaw has never been a serious threat with screens or in the receiving game. I like Martin's versatility and I think if he was to pan out, the opposing defense really would never know what to expect from him on most plays.

But, I seriously doubt we draft a RB in the early rounds anyhow so it's probably futile to discuss guys in the 1st to 3rd.