PDA

View Full Version : All NFC East Team (The GMB Version)

WR4Life
03-07-2012, 09:05 AM
To get away from all the Peyton Manning and bounty talk, I figured that we could assemble an all NFC East team for this passed season. It would be a fun topic of debate. We can select starters at each position and then backups as well. I'll start by setting the parameters.

QB - 1 starter, 2 back ups.

FB - 1 starter, 1 back up

RB - 1 starter, 3 back ups.

WR- 3 starters, 3 back ups

TE - 1 starter, 2 back ups

O - line - 1 starter, 1 back up per position

D end - 2 starters, 2 back ups

DT - 2 starters, 2 back ups

Outside Linebacker - 2 starters, 2 back ups

MLB - One starter, one back up

Corner - 3 starters, 3 back ups

Safety - 2 starters, 3 back ups.

I guess we'll base it on a 4-3 but don't exclude players like Ware or Orakpo from being outside linebackers because they are 3-4 outside linebackers. We're not talking scheme. We are just talking best over all players. Also, the parameters aren't going to fit a perfect starting line up. For example, I have 3 starting corners and 3 starting receivers. That just gives some more room for debate and discussion.

I have a couple things to do but when I'm finished I will assemble my line up. This should make for some good discussion.

WR4Life
03-07-2012, 10:37 AM
QB - Eli (Romo, Vick)

FB - Tony Fiametta (Mike Sellers)

RB - McCoy (Murray, Bradshaw, Helu)

WR - Nicks, Cruz, Austin (Bryant, Maclin, Manningham)

TE - Witten (Fred Davis, Ballard)

LT - Jason Peters (Trent Williams)

LG - Evan Mathis (Montrae Holland)

C- Cook (Baas) (Kelce and Costa were both ranked worse than Baas in pass blocking efficiency)

RG Snee (Kosier)

RT Tyron Smith (Herremans)

DE - JPP, Babin (Osi, Trent Cole) Tuck any other year would make the list but his numbers were down this year

DT - Cofield, Linval Joseph (Canty, Ratliff) Linval Joseph had most tackles at DT in the NFC East followed by Canty.

OLB - Ware, Orakpo (Boley, Kiwi)

MLB - London Fletcher, Sean Lee

CB - Asomugha, Webster, Samuel (Hall, DRC Ross?) This one was hard to rank.

Safety - Phillips, Otogwe (Rolle, Elam?) I struggled with the last safety spot here too.

jhamburg
03-08-2012, 11:08 AM
QB - Eli (Romo, Vick)

C- Cook (Baas) (Kelce and Costa were both ranked worse than Baas in pass blocking efficiency)

RG Snee (Kosier)

DE - JPP, Babin (Osi, Trent Cole) Tuck any other year would make the list but his numbers were down this year

DT - Cofield, Linval Joseph (Canty, Ratliff) Linval Joseph had most tackles at DT in the NFC East followed by Canty.

Safety - Phillips, Otogwe (Rolle, Elam?) I struggled with the last safety spot here too.

Mostly agree, but would add in Landry and Jenkins was easily the best DT.

Itlan
03-08-2012, 11:12 AM
Asante should be the #1 corner, tbh.

bLuereverie
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
QB - Eli (Romo, Vick)

RG Snee (Kosier)

Pretty solid, but for DT, I'd have Cullen and Canty. Cofield's learning a new position in a new system. Remove Ratliff from reserves. He's a residual undersized NT from Wade Phillip's system now playing in Ryan's 2-gap scheme.

Scratch Ballard for Celek.

Scratch DRC. He played well toward the end when he was finally put outside, but the beginning of his year was just horrid. Ross should be well before him.

Ntegrase96
03-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Mostly agree with you

QB - Eli (Romo)

FB - Tony Fiametta Sellers)

RB - McCoy (Murray, Bradshaw)

WR - Nicks, Bryant, Cruz (in the slot, because he's shifty) (Robinson, Djax, Austin)

TE - Witten (Ballard)

LG - Evan Mathis (???)

C- Cook (???)

RG Snee (???)

Hard to make an All NFCE
defense when two teams play a 3-4 and the other two play pretty
different styles of a 4-3 (the wide nine variant), thus some players will be out of position to make the best possible defense out of the NFCE I can think of, utilizing what's there.

43 defense.

DT-- Cullen Jenkins, Ratliff (Canty, Cofield)

DE - JPP, Ware (Umenyiora, Cole)

SAM-- Sean Lee (Ryan Kerrigan)

MIKE-- London Fletcher (???)

WILL-- Michael Boley (I guess, Brian Rolle)

CB - Asomugha, Samuel, Webster (Jenkins, DRC, ???)

S- Phillips, Otogwe (???) really the S position is weak around the league with a few
quality options here and there... the NFCE is really devoid of quality safeties.

K-- Dan Bailey
P-- Sav Rocca

Ntegrase96
03-09-2012, 02:09 PM
hahahaha... too many good NFCE pass rushers to fit on defense, not enough good lineman.

Probably the biggest reason why the east dominates the leader boards in sack totals.

<font color="#000080" size="3">NFC East-- 181 sacks</font>
<font color="#ff0000">AFC North-- 160 sacks</font>
<font color="#000080">NFC West-- 156 sacks
NFC North-- 153 sacks</font>
<font color="#ff0000">AFC East-- 145 sacks
AFC West-- 141 sacks
AFC South-- 132 sacks</font>
<font color="#000080">NFC South-- 120 sacks</font>

alau53
03-09-2012, 02:28 PM
didnt cofield get poor grades..he's playing NT and is too small for thst position..dont u think barry is thinking he made a poor decision as he'd be a DT on a sb team right now instead of getting mauled each week at NT

jhamburg
03-09-2012, 02:42 PM
didnt cofield get poor grades..he's playing NT and is too small for thst position..dont u think barry is thinking he made a poor decision as he'd be a DT on a sb team right now instead of getting mauled each week at NT

Your 2nd contract in the NFL is for most players where you make the vast majority of the money you and your family will live on for the rest of your life...He got $36 million from Washington, I'm sure he's fine with the decision.

THE_New_York_Giants
03-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Mostly agree with you

QB - Eli (Romo)

FB - Tony Fiametta* Sellers)

WR - Nicks, Bryant, Cruz (in the slot, because he's shifty) (Robinson, Djax, Austin)

TE - Witten (Ballard)

LG - Evan Mathis (???)

C- Cook (???)

RG Snee (???)

Hard to make an All NFCE
different styles of a 4-3 (the wide nine variant), thus some players will be out of position to make the best possible defense out of the NFCE I can think of, utilizing what's there.

43 defense.

CB - Asomugha, Samuel, Webster (Jenkins, DRC, ???)*

S- Phillips, Otogwe (???) really the S position is weak around the league with a few
quality options here and there... the NFCE is really devoid of quality safeties.

K-- Dan Bailey
P-- Sav Rocca

Agree with everything except Dan Bailey and Sav Rocca. He missed two clutch kicks. Most clutch kicker in the NFCE is Tynes. Best punter is Weatherford. Instead of Robinson, give me Santana Moss. Instead of Austin, gotta take Maclin.

KR: Bryant
PR: Jackson.

Ntegrase96
03-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Mostly agree with you

QB - Eli (Romo)

FB - Tony Fiametta Sellers)

TE - Witten (Ballard)

LG - Evan Mathis (???)

C- Cook (???)

RG Snee (???)

Hard to make an All NFCE

43 defense.

CB - Asomugha, Samuel, Webster (Jenkins, DRC, ???)

K-- Dan Bailey
P-- Sav Rocca

Agree with everything except Dan Bailey and Sav Rocca. He missed two clutch kicks. Most clutch kicker in the NFCE is Tynes. Best punter is Weatherford. Instead of Robinson, give me Santana Moss. Instead of Austin, gotta take Maclin.

KR: Bryant
PR: Jackson.

Bailey had a better overall percentage than Tynes and on more attempts, at one point made 26 FGs in a row, and converted 4 game winning FGs.

As for the two misses he had he initially made both. The only one he really choked on was the one where his own HC iced him. The other, as you know, was just an outstanding play by JPP.

I can see the argument for Tynes though. He's made some big kicks.

Weatherford's pretty good, and so is Sav Rocca. To me it's kind of a toss up. I was looking for more comprehensive stats on the two, but ultimately could only find that Rocca had more pins inside the 20 than Weatherford (and on about 15 less punts), and only the 1 touchback. Plus the Redskins were lacking in the player department on my list so I gave them one.

I based the WRs mostly off of last year since it's a talented group but it's so up and down. Robinson had the most TD receptions in the NFCE last year. And Maclin had a down year, but I can see taking him over Austin. They both dealt with a lot of health issues last year.