PDA

View Full Version : bil cowher

I Bleed Blue 56
12-06-2011, 12:58 PM
I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion.

yoeddy
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion.

Give it up, Tiki...

smashndash715
12-06-2011, 01:08 PM

i think cowher is a bit overrated..15 years to win one super bowl doesnt mean much to me..i want someone who is going to bring intensity and a bit of an attitude like harbaugh did for the 49ers

True 2 Blue
12-06-2011, 01:55 PM
He didnt have a franchise QB until Roethlisberger, and made it to a second SB in the 90s, more playoff appearances, better playoff record. Just because he took 15 years o win one means NOTHING. Coughlin didn't win us that super bowl. Spags/Strahan and that defense did. Neither of those were guys coughlin brought in.

Rusty192
12-06-2011, 01:58 PM
He didnt have a franchise QB until Roethlisberger, and made it to a second SB in the 90s, more playoff appearances, better playoff record. Just because he took 15 years o win one means NOTHING. Coughlin didn't win us that super bowl. Spags/Strahan and that defense did. Neither of those were guys coughlin brought in.
Actually you make a great point. Cowher never had the QB that Eli is.

Giantsin04
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Give it up, Tiki...

+1

Giantsin04
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Give it up, Tiki...

+1

Ruttiger711
12-06-2011, 02:21 PM
He didnt have a franchise QB until Roethlisberger, and made it to a second SB in the 90s, <FONT color=#0000ff>more playoff appearances, better playoff record.</FONT> <FONT color=#0000ff size=5>Just because he took 15 years o win one means NOTHING.</FONT> Coughlin didn't win us that super bowl. Spags/Strahan and that defense did. Neither of those were guys coughlin brought in.
</P>

True, but insert the NY Media into this equation and I'm not sure it lasts 15 years. </P>

Drez
12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
</P>

Ummm... Coughlin hired Spags, so you're just plain wrong there.</P>

Also, Cowher had a major say in personnel decisions, both in draft and FA, so his lack of having a franchise QB is as much his fault as it is a reason for not winning a SB until he got one.</P>

Oh, and his division was a freaking joke most of his tenure there. Only Baltimore posed any true competition.</P>

Marvelousmik
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Also, Cowher had a major say in personnel decisions, both in draft and FA, </p>

</p>

i love posts like this.
</p>

</p>

I call this the "Let me completely make up something which i have no knowledge about so i can try to make a point"
</p>

</p>

No articles, no quotes, nothing. Just false information.
</p>

yoeddy
12-06-2011, 03:07 PM

Spags was hand-picked by Coughlin, so not sure how you figure Coughlin didn't bring him in. Also, there were only 6 players on Coughlin's SB roster that were with the team before he got there, so clearly Coughlin had a major influence on the makeup of that team. And of course, there is plenty of debate around whether "the D won that Super Bowl" or "it was a team win" (I believe that latter for a lot of different reasons).

For me, Cowher has an excellent track record, but does not offer enough of a change from Coughlin to make it worthwhile imho.

DragonSoul
12-06-2011, 03:08 PM

Give it up, Tiki...lol, even if TC left or was fired I wouldn't want Cowher based on his only 1 SB win after having such a weak division through the years and have great teams to work with. Top tier defense almost every year, with a run game and oline to go with it.

He might be a great regular season coach like Ried but when it matters, he doesn't impress.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-06-2011, 03:27 PM

Give it up, Tiki... great response back i bet your someone who loves fewell and thinks gilbride is the best oc in the league.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-06-2011, 03:30 PM

Spags was hand-picked by Coughlin, so not sure how you figure Coughlin didn't bring him in. Also, there were only 6 players on Coughlin's SB roster that were with the team before he got there, so clearly Coughlin had a major influence on the makeup of that team. And of course, there is plenty of debate around whether "the D won that Super Bowl" or "it was a team win" (I believe that latter for a lot of different reasons).

For me, Cowher has an excellent track record, but does not offer enough of a change from Coughlin to make it worthwhile imho. Answer me this what has coughlin done worthwhile besides hire spags. We have been through the worst defensive coordinators in the past 7 years. Add fewell to that list gilbride is a joke of an oc. Our special teams has been a huge joke since coughlin his speciality has been here. Its time for a change bottom line and when it comes which it will watch how good this team becomes.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-06-2011, 03:37 PM

i think cowher is a bit overrated..15 years to win one super bowl doesnt mean much to me..i want someone who is going to bring intensity and a bit of an attitude like harbaugh did for the 49ers how is he overrated how many superbowls did the steelerrs win with the personal who was under cowher. He brings intensity always his defense was known to shutdown like ours used to be now we are a joke. I see your point about harbough but untill harbaugh goes or wins a superbowl hes not even in the same class.

Drez
12-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Also, Cowher had a major say in personnel decisions, both in draft and FA, </P>

</P>

i love posts like this.
</P>

</P>

I call this the "Let me completely make up something which i have no knowledge about so i can try to make a point"
</P>

</P>

No articles, no quotes, nothing. Just false information.
</P>

</P>

Didn't know you had to quote widely known information. It'd be like needing a link after saying Eli is having a great year. </P>

But, since you want something, here's what 30 seconds on Google found: <B style="LINE-HEIGHT: normal; WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(204,204,204); FONT-VARIANT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); FONT-SIZE: 14px; WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Kevin Colbert[/B]<SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(204,204,204); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 14px Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px" class=Apple-style-span>: Coach Bill Cowher may not have the official say, but he does in reality. Cowher doesn't have any personnel decision come down without his approval. Colbert runs the draft and runs it in a way to make sure Cowher gets the players that he wants</SPAN></P>

<SPAN style="WIDOWS: 2; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(204,204,204); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline !important; FONT: 14px Times, 'Times New Roman', serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; ORPHANS: 2; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px" class=Apple-style-span><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#000000><FONT size=3 face="Times New Roman">http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/columnist?id=1541900</FONT></FONT></SPAN></P>

Ruttiger711
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I know when its all said and done hes such a coach players reapond to. watxhing thia nfl network video of when they won the superbowl he talks ro his players. Coughlin doesnt he yells. The man has no emotion. i think cowher is a bit overrated..15 years to win one super bowl doesnt mean much to me..i want someone who is going to bring intensity and a bit of an attitude like harbaugh did for the 49ers how is he overrated how many superbowls did the steelerrs win with the personal who was under cowher. He brings intensity always his defense was known to shutdown like ours used to be now we are a joke. I see your point about harbough but untill harbaugh goes or wins a superbowl hes not even in the same class.</P>

Still 1 Superbowl won.</P>

Cowher left, LeBeau stayed on when Tomlin took over and the defense didnt miss a beat. I'm going with the one constant in that equation as to why. </P>

RoanokeFan
12-06-2011, 04:01 PM

You know what's sad? You would have no way of knowing if what you wrote was true or not.

But IF you watch any GIANTS games and you see TC on the sidelines when something really good or bad has just taken place and you can say he has "no emotion" you need to look that word up in your Funk &amp; Wagnalls

yoeddy
12-06-2011, 04:10 PM

For me, Cowher has an excellent track record, but does not offer enough of a change from Coughlin to make it worthwhile imho. Answer me this what has coughlin done worthwhile besides hire spags. We have been through the worst defensive coordinators in the past 7 years. Add fewell to that list gilbride is a joke of an oc. Our special teams has been a huge joke since coughlin his speciality has been here. Its time for a change bottom line and when it comes which it will watch how good this team becomes.

Other than the first season Coughlin became head coach, the Giants have not had a losing season. No Giant head coach since 1930 can say the same thing.

RoanokeFan
12-06-2011, 04:14 PM

Other than the first season Coughlin became head coach, the Giants have not had a losing season. No Giant head coach since 1930 can say the same thing.

I'll be damned!!

I Bleed Blue 56
12-06-2011, 04:30 PM

You know what's sad?* You would have no way of knowing if what you wrote was true or not.*

But IF you watch any GIANTS games and you see TC on the sidelines when something really good or bad has just taken place and you can say he has "no emotion" you need to look that word up in your Funk & Wagnalls
I saw your post about coughlin and fox showing his good side hey maybe he is not who he thinks he is. I do know this the.only thing he has done was select spags and we won a superbowl our defense was NY Giants football. Only spags in 4 different defensive coaches thats horrible our ST has been a joke since coughlin been here. Last how is it that we keep losing at the end of every season since the superbowl thats on our HC.

SweetZombieJesus
12-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Last how is it that we keep losing at the end of every season since the superbowl thats on our HC.

2004 - lost 9 of last 11
2006 - lost 6 of last 8
2007 - lost 4 of last 8
2008 - lost 3 of last 4
2009 - lost 8 of last 11
2010 - lost 2 of last 3
2011 - lost 4 of last 4

pretty pathetic

consistent losing streaks to end the season

True 2 Blue
12-11-2011, 11:45 AM
I am pretty sure Reese actually brought in Spagnuolo not Coughlin.

SweetZombieJesus
12-11-2011, 12:13 PM

And the team he built won another SB 2 years removed from him and played in another -- so basically his core teams were in the playoffs all the time (and not many first round exits), went to 4 Super Bowls and won two. Not bad.

Unfortunately, there's a jinx -- no head coach has won Super Bowls with two different teams.

SweetZombieJesus
12-11-2011, 12:16 PM

That's very true, and very admirable. But those collapses and first round playoff exits...

I've often compared what Coughlin is doing to what Joe Torre did from 2002-2007. Still winning, still great records, still gets to the playoffs, but utter disastrous meltdowns and first round exits since. The magic is not coming back and what he's doing now is still good but not good enough.

yoeddy
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM

That's very true, and very admirable.* But those collapses and first round playoff exits...

I've often compared what Coughlin is doing to what Joe Torre did from 2002-2007.* Still winning, still great records, still gets to the playoffs, but utter disastrous meltdowns and first round exits since.* The magic is not coming back and what he's doing now is still good but not good enough.

Shouldn't we wait til the end of the season and the playoffs before deciding that it's "not good enough"? Or are you proposing that the Giants change coaches now with 4 games left in the season?

YATittle1962
12-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Cowher and Coughlin are the same coach in different bodies

yoeddy
12-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I am pretty sure Reese actually brought in Spagnuolo not Coughlin.

Am pretty sure TC and Reese work closely together on these kinds of things...

BlueSanta
12-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Cowher and Coughlin are the same coach in different bodies

Not true at all.

TC came up as an offensive coach. He has almost no hand in the defensive scheme. He prefers to delegate that to others. Even the offense is delegated to a large degree.

Cowher came up through the ranks as a Defensive coach. He brings in coordinators but keeps his hand in both offesne and especially defense much moreso than TC.

Cowher and TC are both disciplinarians but in very different ways. However..... TC is not considered a "players coach." A few weeks back he was voted the coach players least want to play for.

Cowher, on the other hand, was always considered players coach despite being a disciplinarian. He remains very close with many of his former players to this day.

So really, aside from being disciplinarians, they arent alike at all.

miked1958
12-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Actually you make a great point. Cowher never had the QB that Eli is.

We will see. I think he comes back next season somewhere, weather he is done waiting on the giants job remains to be seen

miked1958
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I think he is tired of waiting on TC to be fired or retire