PDA

View Full Version : Sense of uneasyness among NFL QBs

CGBlue
03-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Now that the other Manning is a FA.... no QBs job is safe...other than the other Manning.

Not that it would happen (never say never....I guess), but how odd would it be if both Mannings shared the same locker room and field.

NY would be in a " Manning State of Mind"....just saying!!!!

repeatchamps
03-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Matt Staffordand Cam Newtonare also pretty safe. Thankfully for the GiantsRomoand Vick arealso safe lol.

CGBlue
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
thats a small fraction of whats out there....... although Brees is pretty pissed rightnow at management right now

krygny
03-07-2012, 03:42 PM
<u><font size="4">Don't rule out Dallas!!</font></u>

Jerry Jones always likes to make a big splash, it's basically an indoor stadium, and the team has the talent to win now. And who TF cares if Romo gets his feeling hurt. It's not like he's ever done anything to deserve special treatment. He's a mediocre quarterback in the age of elites.

dave56dj
03-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Actaully most qb's have no concern right now. You may not agree but these guys aren't going anywhere

Safe
Dalton
Eli
Vick
Romo
brees
rodgers
cutler
newton
big ben
rivers
locker
bradford
niners have claimed they are not interested
brady
flacco

Bottom line is ARIZONA washington and maybe jets will be involved with one or 2 surprise teams - very little unease today

repeatchamps
03-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Actaully most qb's have no concern right now. You may not agree but these guys aren't going anywhere Safe Dalton Eli Vick Romo brees rodgers cutler newton big ben rivers locker bradford niners have claimed they are not interested brady flacco Bottom line is ARIZONA washington and maybe jets will be involved with one or 2 surprise teams - very little unease today</P>

Agreed. A lot of QB's safe when you really take a look at it. Miami is an option for Peyton too. Oh and no doubt Harbaugh is a big reason why the 49ers are not interested. Remember that is who Peyton replaced in Indy and Harbaugh was coming off of a very good season too when it happened. Something tells me Jim Harbaughis not one to let grudges go, just a hunch lol.</P>

slipknottin
03-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Would be interesting if the saints signed Peyton then let Brees walk.

MattMeyerBud
03-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Matt Schaub is probably pooping himself

miken609
03-07-2012, 05:39 PM

It would be interesting if the Giants cut Eli and signed Peyton.

nygfanmaybe
03-07-2012, 05:45 PM

What if Saints offered Brees for Eli straight-up?

bLuereverie
03-07-2012, 05:49 PM

Did Brees sign his tender?

bronxvgiant
03-07-2012, 06:00 PM
My other half is a huge Peyton/Colts fan .I hated to see Peyton released,have watched him for 14 yrs.What a sad day.I hate to see him go to the Jets but it would be cool to see him play at Met Life.He deserves the best.All the Mannings are a class act.

gmen46
03-07-2012, 06:07 PM

Jerry Jones always likes to make a big splash, it's basically an indoor stadium, and the team has the talent to win now. And who TF cares if Romo gets his feeling hurt. It's not like he's ever done anything to deserve special treatment. He's a mediocre quarterback in the age of elites.

Peyton will not sign with a team in the same division as Eli. He will not.

Further, Marshall Faulk makes a credible argument for why he believes Peyton will not even sign with an NFC team, period. Although, in my view, it's a slightly weaker argument.

But there's no doubt in my mind that Peyton will refuse to go with a team that faces Eli twice a year. It's a lose-lose prospect for him.

Anyone who doubts that should refer to the 2010 humiliation of Eli and the Giants by the Colts in Week Two that season. Peyton--for the first time in his career--refused to talk to any media person right after the game.

And that was after only the second game between the two in 7 years. Twice a year, every year? Highly doubtful.

bronxvgiant
03-07-2012, 06:15 PM
I would not doubt the Jets at all.think of the media splash both brothers in Ny would be.They would both have a ton more endorsements.The only other landing spot would be Miami.I do agree he wont go into the NFC and compete agaist Eli.

NYGRealityCheck
03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
If Peyton really wants to play in the Superbowl against his brother Eli, he'd probably take another team in his original AFC South or AFC West, where any team is just 1 good QB away from winning the division. The chances of making the playoffs against NE or Baltimore/Pittsburgh is worse.

If Peyton wants the money, then it'll be the highest bidder.

JJC7301
03-07-2012, 10:46 PM
Now that the other Manning is a FA.... no QBs job is safe...other than the other Manning.

Not that it would happen (never say never....I guess), but how odd would it be if both Mannings shared the same locker room and field.

NY would be in a " Manning State of Mind"....just saying!!!!
It would stink. It would be Payton / Jets back pages all day / every day whether they are good or bad.

No thanks.

giantyankee1976
03-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Actaully most qb's have no concern right now. You may not agree but these guys aren't going anywhere

Safe
Dalton
Eli
Vick
Romo
brees
rodgers
cutler
newton
big ben
rivers
locker
bradford
brady
flacco

Bottom line is ARIZONA washington and maybe jets will be involved with one or 2 surprise teams - very little unease today

I agree on all except Jake the Snake Locker

I still think the Whiners, Foreskins and Jets make a play as well.

(But I think Fat Rex and Peyton's personality-types will clash, hell maybe even Sp***o Harbaugh's personality)

ShakeNBake
03-07-2012, 11:49 PM

If he did that, I wouldn't blame Eli for beating the **** out of him

egyptian420
03-08-2012, 12:01 AM

Safe
Dalton
Eli
Vick
Romo
brees
rodgers
cutler
newton
big ben
rivers
locker
bradford
brady
flacco

+1

BlueSanta
03-08-2012, 12:06 AM

Did Brees sign his tender?

I am too lazy to look it up but I am prety sure I read yesterday Brees was Franchised and really angry about it.

BlueSanta
03-08-2012, 12:09 AM
btw, the Jets have a quite a bit invested in Sanchez. I do not think they can be included in the Manning sweepstakes, or at least if they do get involved they will have to take a huge cap hit for Sanchez. He had a lot of guaranteed money left on his deal.

LT_was_good
03-08-2012, 08:36 AM

What if Saints offered Brees for Eli straight-up?

Reese would laugh and pee a little, then laugh some more at them.

RagTime Blue
03-08-2012, 08:48 AM
btw, the Jets have a quite a bit invested in Sanchez. I do not think they can be included in the Manning sweepstakes, or at least if they do get involved they will have to take a huge cap hit for Sanchez. He had a lot of guaranteed money left on his deal.

The Jets still see Sanchez as the future at QB, and why not?? I'm not sure they "stunt his growth" by making him sit the bench and watch a player he's NOTHING like physically or style-wise.

The Jets would be foolish to bring Peyton Manning in. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't.

nygsb42champs
03-08-2012, 09:39 AM
There are alot of teams that are safe at QB. lets not forget that he is 36 years old and even if he is 100% healthy he does not have that many years left.

gmen46
03-08-2012, 04:36 PM
btw, the Jets have a quite a bit invested in Sanchez. I do not think they can be included in the Manning sweepstakes, or at least if they do get involved they will have to take a huge cap hit for Sanchez. He had a lot of* guaranteed money left on his deal.

The Jets still see Sanchez as the future at QB, and why not??* I'm not sure they "stunt his growth" by making him sit the bench and watch a player he's NOTHING like physically or style-wise.

The Jets would be foolish to bring Peyton Manning in.* Of course, that doesn't mean they won't.

While I agree the Jets are a long shot in the Peyton Sweepstakes, I completely disagree with your rationale.

Sanchez and his contract will have no impact on the Jets going after Peyton, if they choose to do so.

Yes, they will have to pay whatever guarantee is left to Sanchez--if any--but that is all. It's not as if other teams have not bitten the same bullet on occasion when the player involved failed to produce to contract level (Haynesworth, for example).

Besides, this is a very unusual if not unique situation in NFL history. Most "conventional" thinking regarding a Sanchez-Manning situation need not apply.

Add to that, Tomlinson (who of course does not know what lies in Jets FO strategic thinking or in Sanchez' heart, but DOES know more about Sanchez' thinking than any fan does) has said that Sanchez would in all likelihood ask to be traded or released from his contract if Jets acquire Manning. He then went on to say that it wouldn't hurt Sanchez' progress as a quality QB if he DID remain a Jet as Peyton's understudy. He just doesn't believe Sanchez would accept that role.

Tomlinson makes sense regarding that.

On the other hand, the real question is will Peyton want to go to the Jets?

There are several factors about the Jets that would entice him--
1) Rex (like his dad before him) pays very little attention to the offense. And with a new OC being signed by the Jets, the chances are great that Peyton's desire to essentially run any offense he goes to, just like he's done in Indy, would be embraced by the Jets (unlike the Redskins OC, for example).

2) The Jets are just 1 season removed from playing in the AFC Championship 2 consecutive years, and are not far off from returning to it. The addition of Manning would definitely go a LONG way to ensuring that.

3) They also have a strong OL, running game, and decent defense already in place, along with at least 2 good-to-great receivers.

4) And I have a strong feeling he would not mind finishing his career in semiannual battles with Brady. That would make a nice little finish to his legend. (But he could have that if he goes to Miami, which I believe has a better chance at Peyton than the Jets).

On the other hand--and this a BIG "other hand"--after 14 years of playing in a medium-to-small media market, and considering the high regard most in NY media and fan base have for Eli, I believe will be enough of a negative for Peyton to be disinclined towards the Jets.

He won't want the bright klieg lights of NY media relentlessly on him, and he won't want to see the nearly daily news stories pitting him against Eli during football season and beyond. He doesn't want it, and he sure as hell doesn't need it, regardless of money offered.

I don't agree it would be "foolish" for the Jets to bring in Peyton, as you suggest. In fact, I think it would be a very savvy move for them, and worth ALMOST any cost to them involved.

But I don't believe Peyton will want to make that move.

MattMeyerBud
03-08-2012, 04:41 PM

Safe
Dalton
Eli
Vick
Romo
brees
rodgers
cutler
newton
big ben
rivers
locker
bradford
brady
flacco

(But I think Fat Rex and Peyton's personality-types will clash, hell maybe even Sp***o Harbaugh's personality)

I could actually see the Ravens going another direction....

Flacco wants a huge deal and to paid like a top 5 QB

Maybe they go actually get a top 5 QB and let Flacco sit.

If Peyton works out they draft another QB to groom under him, if not u just lock Flacco up and tag him the next year

kinda crazy, but that dude is on crack asking for top 5. I think alot of knocks on him are over the top, but not as over the top as asking for top 5 QB dough

MattMeyerBud
03-08-2012, 04:45 PM

The Jets still see Sanchez as the future at QB, and why not?? I'm not sure they "stunt his growth" by making him sit the bench and watch a player he's NOTHING like physically or style-wise.

The Jets would be foolish to bring Peyton Manning in. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't.

While I agree the Jets are a long shot in the Peyton Sweepstakes, I completely disagree with your rationale.

Sanchez and his contract will have no impact on the Jets going after Peyton, if they choose to do so.

Yes, they will have to pay whatever guarantee is left to Sanchez--if any--but that is all. It's not as if other teams have not bitten the same bullet on occasion when the player involved failed to produce to contract level (Haynesworth, for example).

Besides, this is a very unusual if not unique situation in NFL history. Most "conventional" thinking regarding a Sanchez-Manning situation need not apply.

Add to that, Tomlinson (who of course does not know what lies in Jets FO strategic thinking or in Sanchez' heart, but DOES know more about Sanchez' thinking than any fan does) has said that Sanchez would in all likelihood ask to be traded or released from his contract if Jets acquire Manning. He then went on to say that it wouldn't hurt Sanchez' progress as a quality QB if he DID remain a Jet as Peyton's understudy. He just doesn't believe Sanchez would accept that role.

1) Rex (like his dad before him) pays very little attention to the offense. And with a new OC being signed by the Jets, the chances are great that Peyton's desire to essentially run any offense he goes to, just like he's done in Indy, would be embraced by the Jets (unlike the Redskins OC, for example).

2) The Jets are just 1 season removed from playing in the AFC Championship 2 consecutive years, and are not far off from returning to it. The addition of Manning would definitely go a LONG way to ensuring that.

3) They also have a strong OL, running game, and decent defense already in place, along with at least 2 good-to-great receivers.

4) And I have a strong feeling he would not mind finishing his career in semiannual battles with Brady. That would make a nice little finish to his legend. (But he could have that if he goes to Miami, which I believe has a better chance at Peyton than the Jets).

On the other hand--and this a BIG "other hand"--after 14 years of playing in a medium-to-small media market, and considering the high regard most in NY media and fan base have for Eli, I believe will be enough of a negative for Peyton to be disinclined towards the Jets.

He won't want the bright klieg lights of NY media relentlessly on him, and he won't want to see the nearly daily news stories pitting him against Eli during football season and beyond. He doesn't want it, and he sure as hell doesn't need it, regardless of money offered.

I don't agree it would be "foolish" for the Jets to bring in Peyton, as you suggest. In fact, I think it would be a very savvy move for them, and worth ALMOST any cost to them involved.

well i disagree. Jets aren't in a great cap situation have a TON of holes on the team.

Sanchez would be gone no doubt and there is no guarantee that Peyton would last.

1) that is a great for peyton situationally i agree.

2) The Jets are one season removed, but a lifetime away. Their defense and offensive line has crumbled while also losing their #2 and #3 receivers.

3) They actually don't have those things naymore. Green is debated still about whether he can handle the load and their oline has completely regressed.

4) He can finish those battles with Brady as a Dolphin, not have to deal with NY media, and not be in Eli's back yard.

I don't think the Jets have a shot in hell, so to even try to may shake your relationship with Sanchez.

I don't think Peyton woiuld want to play for a guy like Ryan

giantsfan39
03-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Yes because Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Stafford are not safe.

gmen46
03-08-2012, 08:53 PM
btw, the Jets have a quite a bit invested in Sanchez. I do not think they can be included in the Manning sweepstakes, or at least if they do get involved they will have to take a huge cap hit for Sanchez. He had a lot of* guaranteed money left on his deal.

The Jets still see Sanchez as the future at QB, and why not??* I'm not sure they "stunt his growth" by making him sit the bench and watch a player he's NOTHING like physically or style-wise.

The Jets would be foolish to bring Peyton Manning in.* Of course, that doesn't mean they won't.

well i disagree. Jets aren't in a great cap situation have a TON of holes on the team.

Sanchez would be gone no doubt and there is no guarantee that Peyton would last.

1) that is a great for peyton situationally i agree.

2) The Jets are one season removed, but a lifetime away.* Their defense and offensive line has crumbled while also losing their #2 and #3 receivers.

3) They actually don't have those things naymore. Green is debated still about whether he can handle the load and their oline has completely regressed.

4) He can finish those battles with Brady as a Dolphin, not have to deal with NY media, and not be in Eli's back yard.

I don't think the Jets have a shot in hell, so to even try to may shake your relationship with Sanchez.

I don't think Peyton woiuld want to play for a guy like Ryan

We're not all that far apart on this.

I don't disagree with your impression the Jets are a long way from being in the Super Bowl NOW, but there are enough NFLN pundits with credentials of "punditing" (yes, a faux word) that I respect who make a convincing argument that Peyton could make an immediate impact on the Jets, and with a couple more added pieces (Reggie Wayne, perhaps?) as well, that at least the Jets COULD look--to Peyton-- as a viable candidate.

But, we both agree, I think, Peyton will likely not see all that as enough to attract him to the Jets.

The fact that NYC is Eli's EARNED playground, and the fact that his own 14 year career has been in a quiet Mid West media town (as opposed to the largest media market in the world), will trump any idea he may have of the Jets being a contender within 2 years.

That's why, in my opinion, Peyton will most likely zero in on Miami, Houston, and San Francisco, not necessarily in that order.

They each have components that, at this point in his career, are far more important to him than whoever offers the most money. I don't think that will factor in at all. I mean, big money WILL be offered to him, no matter the team. But the largest financial deal will not be a determining factor, in my view.

Important factors to him will be which team is closest, right NOW (within 1 or 2 years max) to making a SB push with himself added to the mix, how he thinks he will mix with the coaching staff, the owner's approach to running the team, how agreeable the coaches FO will be to Peyton running the offense for the most part, and the home field features (temperate climate and/or dome stadiums will trump intemperate/open stadiums).

All of these--to greatly varying degrees, I admit--point to Miami, Houston, and SF as being top of the suitor list, imo.

And if his #1 priority ends up being which of these team has the best chance to be champions RIGHT NOW with him as QB, Niners would top the list, Miami would be 3rd.

But if home field features are primary concern, then Miami moves to the top.

As to which owner impresses him the most, I don't know anything about any of the 3 to even guess who would take precedence.

But the Texans have an awful LOT going for them now to attract Peyton. Not the least of which is a familiar division. But also--a (finally) great defense, a Top 3 RB with ink still wet on a new contract, a Top 3 WR, and a (finally) fairly solid OL. A "QB oriented" HC. Amenable stadium. And is in the AFC.

Houston may well be the team all others have to compete with for Peyton.

And, since I am incapable of taking shots at Redskins whenever their name comes up, if I am right in my assumptions of what factors will be important to Peyton when making his ultimate decision, Washington becomes the very LAST team, that is in the hunt for his services, that he would consider.They fall short on every single point. The ONLY area they could win is money offered, and that's the very last criterion that would influence his decision.

giantyankee1976
03-08-2012, 10:12 PM

Safe
Dalton
Eli
Vick
Romo
brees
rodgers
cutler
newton
big ben
rivers
locker
bradford
brady
flacco

I could actually see the Ravens going another direction....

Flacco wants a huge deal and to paid like a top 5 QB

Maybe they go actually get a top 5 QB and let Flacco sit.

If Peyton works out they draft another QB to groom under him, if not u just lock Flacco up and tag him the next year

kinda crazy, but that dude is on crack asking for top 5. I think alot of knocks on him are over the top, but not as over the top as asking for top 5 QB dough

by "Sp***o" I was referring to Jimmy "Handshake" Harbaugh...

LOL

I think Flacco is a Top 10 QB but 5?

What kind of uber-crack is he on?

bronxvgiant
03-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Romos pretty safe,his stats are good this year but safe?

gmen46
03-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Flacco barely cracks the top 15 QBs, if that.