PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft....March 7, 2012

Shockeyitus
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
I really think the Giants are excited about the guys returning on defense... ie. Goff, Austin, TT and the development of Prince, Jones, Williams and Sash. Thats why I think the focus will be on the offense in the early rounds....

Round 1 - Orson Charles, TE - Georgia.... Need to keep weapons are the hottest QB in the game. He had some nobody's at TE and no production from the running game this past season and still managed to have a career year. Charles is electric and will be a Vernon Davis type player.

Round 2 - Kevin Zeitler, OG - Wisconsin... this kid is super talented and will be an instant starter on our O-Line

Round 3 - Bernard Pierce, RB - Temple... ultra productive in the MAC conference. Coming from a pro-style offense and showed some decent speed and ability at the combine. Struggled against Penn State somewhat, but thats because Temple's offense is "hand the ball off to Pierce".

Round 4 - Dwight Bentley, CB - Louisiana Lafayette..... Flashed at the combine and showed some good speed. Small school guy that has really good instincts. Needs to work on form tackling, but that can be coached.

Round 5 - Tyrone Crawford, DE - Boise State...under the radar player. JUCO guy that only played two seasons at Boise, but really produced some good numbers. Pressure on the QB is what the Giants thrive on and this kid may be able to provide some solid depth in the rotation.

Round 6 - Brandon Mosley, OT - Auburn.... Solid player. He was a former TE, DE and now OT. JUCO player that has good feet and can provide pressure on Brewer and Beatty.

GMenNY21
03-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Why orson Charles over Fleener?

Shockeyitus
03-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Why orson Charles over Fleener?

I like both of them as prospects. However, I think Charles does a better job in the run support and is more willing to be a blocker. IMO.

I wouldnt be unhappy with Fleener.

Spizi
03-07-2012, 08:48 PM
Fleener is a much better prospect. He has elite size and length, great receiving ability, and potential to be an all around great TE. I would definitely go with him over Charles. Did anyone see his 40 at the pro day? very disappointing.

nycsportzfan
03-07-2012, 09:04 PM
I really think the Giants are excited about the guys returning on defense... ie. Goff, Austin, TT and the development of Prince, Jones, Williams and Sash. Thats why I think the focus will be on the offense in the early rounds.... Round 1 - Orson Charles, TE - Georgia.... Need to keep weapons are the hottest QB in the game. He had some nobody's at TE and no production from the running game this past season and still managed to have a career year. Charles is electric and will be a Vernon Davis type player. Round 2 - Kevin Zeitler, OG - Wisconsin... this kid is super talented and will be an instant starter on our O-Line Round 3 - Bernard Pierce, RB - Temple... ultra productive in the MAC conference. Coming from a pro-style offense and showed some decent speed and ability at the combine. Struggled against Penn State somewhat, but thats because Temple's offense is "hand the ball off to Pierce". Round 4 - Dwight Bentley, CB - Louisiana Lafayette..... Flashed at the combine and showed some good speed. Small school guy that has really good instincts. Needs to work on form tackling, but that can be coached. Round 5 - Tyrone Crawford, DE - Boise State...under the radar player. JUCO guy that only played two seasons at Boise, but really produced some good numbers. Pressure on the QB is what the Giants thrive on and this kid may be able to provide some solid depth in the rotation. Round 6 - Brandon Mosley, OT - Auburn.... Solid player. He was a former TE, DE and now OT. JUCO player that has good feet and can provide pressure on Brewer and Beatty. I'd have no problem with this draft if it was to come into fruition.. I just don't think Mosely makes it to RD 6, or Bently to all most RD 5.. I see Bently as a possible 2nd rd pick, most likely 3rd, and Mosely as a possible 3rd, most likely 4th... But i'd be stoked to see it...

Shockeyitus
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
I really think the Giants are excited about the guys returning on defense... ie. Goff, Austin, TT and the development of Prince, Jones, Williams and Sash. Thats why I think the focus will be on the offense in the early rounds.... Round 1 - Orson Charles, TE - Georgia.... Need to keep weapons are the hottest QB in the game. He had some nobody's at TE and no production from the running game this past season and still managed to have a career year. Charles is electric and will be a Vernon Davis type player. Round 2 - Kevin Zeitler, OG - Wisconsin... this kid is super talented and will be an instant starter on our O-Line Round 3 - Bernard Pierce, RB - Temple... ultra productive in the MAC conference. Coming from a pro-style offense and showed some decent speed and ability at the combine. Struggled against Penn State somewhat, but thats because Temple's offense is "hand the ball off to Pierce". Round 4 - Dwight Bentley, CB - Louisiana Lafayette..... Flashed at the combine and showed some good speed. Small school guy that has really good instincts. Needs to work on form tackling, but that can be coached. Round 5 - Tyrone Crawford, DE - Boise State...under the radar player. JUCO guy that only played two seasons at Boise, but really produced some good numbers. Pressure on the QB is what the Giants thrive on and this kid may be able to provide some solid depth in the rotation. Round 6 - Brandon Mosley, OT - Auburn.... Solid player. He was a former TE, DE and now OT. JUCO player that has good feet and can provide pressure on Brewer and Beatty. I'd have no problem with this draft if it was to come into fruition..** I just don't think Mosely makes it to RD 6, or Bently to all most RD 5.. I see Bently as a possible 2nd rd pick, most likely 3rd, and Mosely as a possible 3rd, most likely 4th...* But i'd be stoked to see it...

Mosley might be a stretch in the 6th, but I disagree with you on the Bentley position. This is a deep CB draft and I think teams are going to focus on bulking there O-Line and D-Line early in the draft. Leaving room for CB's to fall on the draft boards. IMO

Redeyejedi
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I did a Seven Round Mock draft on NFL Draft Wizard with 31 other Mock GM's from Draft sites and Team Blogs and ended up with

1. Coby Fleener TE Stanford

2. Trumaine Johnson CB/FS Montana

3. Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss

4. Dajohn Harris DT USC

5. Nigel Bradham LB FSU

6. Vick Ballard RB Miss ST

7. Cordarro Law DE/DT/LB Southern Miss very poor mans Melvin Ingram

GMenNY21
03-08-2012, 01:36 PM
I did a Seven Round Mock draft on NFL Draft Wizard with 31 other Mock GM's from Draft sites and Team Blogs and ended up with

4. Dajohn Harris DT USC

5. Nigel Bradham LB FSU

7. Cordarro Law DE/DT/LB Southern Miss very poor mans Melvin IngramIwould be ecstatic with those first 3 rounds!

Really solid draft!

Shockeyitus
03-08-2012, 01:40 PM

4. Dajohn Harris DT USC

5. Nigel Bradham LB FSU

7. Cordarro Law DE/DT/LB Southern Miss very poor mans Melvin IngramIwould be ecstatic with those first 3 rounds!

Really solid draft!

First three rounds.. I like

DaJohn Harris... just came out that he has a bum ticker...

Bradham is a good pick. He is versitile and could play Inside and Outside.

Ballard... I doubt he last till round 6.

We have no 7th

critters
03-08-2012, 01:47 PM
LOVE redeye's draft!

I'm a BIG Orson Charles fan, so I'd be fine if we took him over Fleener. It's mostly because I've just seen him more... been watching him since day one.

I'm also really liking Dequan Menzie because of his ability to move to safety or stay at corner. I wouldn't have thought of that as a likely move until I saw him at the combine and saw his size. Would be THRILLED if we could get him in a late round.

RagTime Blue
03-08-2012, 01:48 PM
With the possibility of TE, I don't see O-Line in the first 3 or 4 rounds for us.

bLuereverie
03-08-2012, 02:41 PM

We have no 7th

Harris, projected as a mid-round pick in April's draft, visited an Arizona cardiologist with agent Joe Panos shortly after the combine and found that the hole was normal and natural. He said his doctor has since emailed all 32 NFL teams, alerting them of his status and permitting him to work out as usual.

And we should get a 7th round compensatory pick.

Redeyejedi
03-08-2012, 02:48 PM

4. Dajohn Harris DT USC

5. Nigel Bradham LB FSU

Really solid draft!

First three rounds.. I like

Bradham is a good pick. He is versitile and could play Inside and Outside.

Ballard... I doubt he last till round 6.

We have no 7th Yes we have a 7th. I posted on here the other day the conditions of that trade were not met. The Conditions were tied to Reynaulds playing time,t via the ESPN Vikings beat writer

I picked Harris the day before they released his medical condition would of went another way,Nothing I can do about that. I

Shockeyitus
03-08-2012, 02:50 PM

We have no 7th

Harris, projected as a mid-round pick in April's draft, visited an Arizona cardiologist with agent Joe Panos shortly after the combine and found that the hole was normal and natural. He said his doctor has since emailed all 32 NFL teams, alerting them of his status and permitting him to work out as usual.

How is anything about a hole in the heart "normal and natural". Pass!

Redeyejedi
03-08-2012, 02:51 PM

We have no 7th

How is anything about a hole in the heart "normal and natural". Pass!Yeah I would of picked someone else but I did that round the day before they released that info

Shockeyitus
03-08-2012, 02:53 PM

We have no 7th

How is anything about a hole in the heart "normal and natural". Pass!Yeah I would of picked someone else but I did that round the day before they released that info

I actually really liked him as a prospect. Under rated and always seemed to get the backfield to disrupt things. I think we have a guy in Austin that can provide that for us this season. I just worry that being out of football for two whole season, will hurt his chances of becoming a big time player.

Dirt66
03-10-2012, 10:19 PM
I did a Seven Round Mock draft on NFL Draft Wizard with 31 other Mock GM's from Draft sites and Team Blogs and ended up with 1. Coby Fleener TE Stanford 2. Trumaine Johnson CB/FS Montana 3. Bobby Massie OT Ole Miss 4. Dajohn Harris DT USC 5. Nigel Bradham LB FSU 6. Vick Ballard RB Miss ST 7. Cordarro Law DE/DT/LB Southern Miss very poor mans Melvin IngramI would be stoked if we could land Bradham in the 5th rd!