PDA

View Full Version : Would You Be Ok If

Antwuan
03-08-2012, 09:15 AM
The Giants Drafted A RB In The First Round This Year?

LT_was_good
03-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Only if it was considered excellent value. I would definitely prefer O-line or defense.

GMENAGAIN
03-08-2012, 09:16 AM
The Giants Drafted A RB In The First Round This Year?</P>

Depends on who it is.</P>

Generally speaking, you can get good RB's later in the draft.</P>

Gmen2005
03-08-2012, 11:06 AM
I'd rather fix the oline. A good Oline can make a later round RB looks a lot better than he really is.

ShakeNBake
03-08-2012, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't be angry depending on who it was, but I'd be more excited if we picked up a Safety, CB or Tackle.

MattMeyerBud
03-08-2012, 11:22 AM

i'd be pretty pissed actually

TheEnigma
03-08-2012, 11:31 AM
Only Trent Richardson is worth a #32 pick honestly.

I love Doug Martin but it would be reaching.

JJC7301
03-09-2012, 11:52 AM
I'd rather fix the oline. A good Oline can make a later round RB looks a lot better than he really is.

+1,000,000. I don't have a problem with a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, but not the 1st unless some super stud drops to us at # 32. From what I understand it's not a strong RB draft.

To me, it seems like RBs are almost as much of a crap shoot in the 1st round as QBs.

Spedracer
03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I'd be fine with Doug Martin at 32. Anyone else, no. I truly believe Martin will end up being the best RB out of this class.

Spending a first round pick on a RB is a big risk, but considering the players that will likely be available at 32, anyone taken is likely a risk.

gmen0820
03-09-2012, 12:08 PM
I'd be fine with Doug Martin at 32. Anyone else, no. I truly believe Martin will end up being the best RB out of this class.

Spending a first round pick on a RB is a big risk, but considering the players that will likely be available at 32, anyone taken is likely a risk.Yeah I'd take Martin or Richardson.

But Richardson won't be there.

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 12:13 PM
The OLine, which includes tight ends, should be their first priority. That said, they will pick the BPA at 32.

Spedracer
03-09-2012, 12:28 PM

Spending a first round pick on a RB is a big risk, but considering the players that will likely be available at 32, anyone taken is likely a risk.Yeah I'd take Martin or Richardson.

But Richardson won't be there.

I don't recall exactly but, Mark Ingram was seen as Top 15 in 2011 and he almost fell out of the first round.

It seems much less likely to happen with Richardson, but you really never know.

Spizi
03-09-2012, 12:33 PM
The Giants Drafted A RB In The First Round This Year?</P>

Depends on who it is.</P>

Generally speaking, you can get good RB's later in the draft.</P>

same can be said for any position haha.

Spizi
03-09-2012, 12:38 PM

Spending a first round pick on a RB is a big risk, but considering the players that will likely be available at 32, anyone taken is likely a risk.

see if I'm taking a RB in the 1st I want that elite top end speed... something that Martin doesnt have. If you look at all the top RBs in the league they all run low 4.4s. It'd be nice to have a gamebreaker for once

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 12:54 PM

No because after Richardson there isn't a RB with a first round grade.

Spedracer
03-09-2012, 01:08 PM

see if I'm taking a RB in the 1st I want that elite top end speed... something that Martin doesnt have. If you look at all the top RBs in the league they all run low 4.4s. It'd be nice to have a gamebreaker for once

Martin doesn't have breakaway speed, but he isn't a slow back for being 5-9 220. That build will help the longevity of his career. He also possesses superior catching ability compared to the other 1-2nd round backs.

The guy is all around and good at everything. I'd have no problem with the Giants picking him at 32.