PDA

View Full Version : Do the options for the SKINS getting an upper echelon QB worry you as a Giant fan

hungrrrry
03-08-2012, 01:27 PM
We are all hearing that the Redskins are going to push hard for a top-tier QB in free agency or the draft...We know who they covet most...Peyton Manning and RGIII. </P>

My sense is that Manning has already narrowed his decision to Miami, where he already has a homeand a team that does have some talent on both sides of the ball...OR, Arizona, a talented team that just can't seem to get anything going at QB but are certainly poised for the playoffs and more if Peyton came to town...Both are warm-weather states and AZ has a dome stadium with climate control.</P>

so...That may leave Washington on the outside looking in holding a big purse for Manning if that is what he wants...but I don't believe that is all...There is also the idea that Peyton and Eli would prefer they each play in different divisions, if not conferances...which would lead you to believe that Miami could be the "new" home for Manning.</P>

This leaves RGIII as the next best option with a lot of upside and given the way Cam Newton played as a rookie and all the prognosticators saying RGIII is even better than Cam...makes you believe this kid is a sure bet top 10 NFL QB coming into 2012 as a rookie. You know Snyder is more than willing to throw all his draft picks at this player with a Brinks truck for good measure...</P>

Where do some of you stand on this issue and what makes you think, Washington may not get either? Does RGIII make the Skins a serious threat in the NFC East? Does it worry you?</P>

I gotta say, it bugs me a little</P>

gmen0820
03-08-2012, 01:33 PM
RGIII is good kid with a lot of potential. I would rather see him go to a good team with a good system than the Skins. They'll ruin him.

I think the Browns would be a good spot for him. Shurmer and Holmgren provide a solid foundation, their OL is great and their D is on the rise. They're a team on the rise IMO.

MattMeyerBud
03-08-2012, 01:41 PM
if Washington gets a QB, they will absolutely be a contender

i think they hav a cap to get one of the money legit FA WRs too

dayeh33
03-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Mannings going to the Dolphins and RG3 will go to the Browns leaving the Redskins with Matt Flynn... calling it now

giantsfan420
03-08-2012, 01:56 PM
not too worried. if the skins get rg3, it'll mean that they gave up picks they will need to keep their team competitive.

shannahan is in a build the team through its depth mode, giving up a lot of picks sets them back.

it wasnt too long ago cambell was a highly touted qb who had a ton of upside and they ruined him.

imho, they have holes up and down that roster and adding rg3 wont make them a threat

BJacobs aka The Problem
03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Washington is going to have to give up a lot for a shot at RGIII. Cleveland is sitting in the perfect spot with a 4th and a 24th(somewhere in the 20's) with a shot.

Peyton's going to stay in the AFC and if he doesn't go to Miami, the Matt Flynn will go there, which pretty much rounds out the decent QB's in FA.

Washington's going to have to pay a nasty ransom for the #2 or have to get lucky in the draft.

Either way, I don't see a repeat of last year. They just had our number but I don't that happening again.

nygsb42champs
03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
If they do get a top tier QB it is going to make our division that much harder.

GameTime
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I will never understand why a fan would "worry" about another team in the Giants division being or getting better. Makes no sense to me. What do want.....a ***** *** division so the Giants can walk through it?? Come on man grow a set of balls!!! The better the division the better the Giants have to play and so on. Competition is better for every team in the NFL.....

MattMeyerBud
03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I will never understand why a fan would "worry" about another team in the Giants division being or getting better. Makes no sense to me. What do want.....a ***** *** division so the Giants can walk through it?? Come on man grow a set of balls!!! The better the division the better the Giants have to play and so on. Competition is better for every team in the NFL.....

because its a team you have to face 2 if not 3 times a year...

obviously any fan is worried about winning. And its easier to do that vs a team not as good

TheEnigma
03-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I don't think the Redskins will get Flynn or RG3. I predict they either reach for Tannehill or they get someone in round 2 like Foles or Cousins.

MattMeyerBud
03-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't think the Redskins will get Flynn or RG3. I predict they either reach for Tannehill or they get someone in round 2 like Foles or Cousins.
if miami gets PEyton i could def see Flynn going to Wash

jhamburg
03-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I will never understand why a fan would "worry" about another team in the Giants division being or getting better. Makes no sense to me. What do want.....a ***** *** division so the Giants can walk through it?? .

Absolutely. I would be happy if our division had the Browns, Bills and Jags in it.

Plenty of challenges in the postseason.

TheEnigma
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm not too sure that Peyton is really excited about going to a place that's more in the spotlight and has one of the wackiest owners currently in the NFL. I think Ross has another failed bid at landing someone in this situation and ends up going with Flynn instead.

As for Peyton's destination, I think it will be the Chiefs. Very similar atmosphere to Indianapolis, decent receiving options in Bowe, Breaston, and that young TE. Underrated defense led by Crennel and now that Haley is out of the picture, Peyton can fill in the void at offense and easily control it his way. The Chiefs also have plenty of cap room to add some of Peyton's friends like Wayne if they want to.

The Redskins won't be able to compete with the Browns in the RG3 thus they will be left with the scraps.

MattMeyerBud
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm not too sure that Peyton is really excited about going to a place that's more in the spotlight and has one of the wackiest owners currently in the NFL. I think Ross has another failed bid at landing someone in this situation and ends up going with Flynn instead.

As for Peyton's destination, I think it will be the Chiefs. Very similar atmosphere to Indianapolis, decent receiving options in Bowe, Breaston, and that young TE. Underrated defense led by Crennel and now that Haley is out of the picture, Peyton can fill in the void at offense and easily control it his way.

The Redskins won't be able to compete with the Browns in the RG3 thus they will be left with the scraps.

I like Chiefs for Peyton best

but they aren't in a warm place, don't play in a dome, and don't have the best OLine

if Peyton doesn't go to Miami, Flynn is a lock there

GameTime
03-08-2012, 07:31 PM

obviously any fan is worried about winning. And its easier to do that vs a team not as good
</P>

no ****...I get the point but to say your "worried" sounds like you are being a wuss. Wouldn't just rather be the better team?? </P>

GameTime
03-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I will never understand why a fan would "worry" about another team in the Giants division being or getting better. Makes no sense to me. What do want.....a ***** *** division so the Giants can walk through it?? . Absolutely. I would be happy if our division had the Browns, Bills and Jags in it. Plenty of challenges in the postseason.</P>

great...so you play crap teams in your div, get no respect for the wins, and no prep for the playoffs. Sounds like the wuss's way out to me...</P>

</P>

hungrrrry
03-08-2012, 08:21 PM
I will never understand why a fan would "worry" about another team in the Giants division being or getting better. Makes no sense to me. What do want.....a ***** *** division so the Giants can walk through it?? . Absolutely. I would be happy if our division had the Browns, Bills and Jags in it. Plenty of challenges in the postseason.</P>

great...so you play crap teams in your div, get no respect for the wins, and no prep for the playoffs. Sounds like the wuss's way out to me...</P>

*</P>I am asking what most people are likely thinking....including your wanna-be bad-*** self. Want to know what actually worries me about the Giants? The flip of the coin for what defense we will run...and our DC. That bothers me the most, but now that someone brought up the potential that Washington could have with a high-calibur QB, go ahead and play your little reindeer game...the fact is, we can all appreciate our team when it beats down all the odds against it...I am a fan of the Giants as opposed to the rest of the NFL...if the Giants win 18 Lombardi's in a row is all good with me...I don't want anything to ruin or even threaten that and I am sure there are a lot of Giants fans who feel the same way...but you "bad-asses" you can enjoy a loss.

:S

egyptian420
03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
Lol seeing as how they swept us this year and we won the Lombardi...I couldn't care less what they do.

All jokes aside though in all seriousness, I'm not overly worried. As long as we take care of our business we'll be good.

Romo is a pretty good QB as well but we manage to own the Cowboys quiet often.

jhamburg
03-08-2012, 10:09 PM

*</P>

Our non-divisional games include Packers, Saints, Falcons, Niners, Steelers, Bengals, Ravens, and you want our division games to be tough too?

We scraped into the playoffs this year and ended up winning the super bowl. It's really all about making the playoffs...we don't need to make it any more difficult than it needs to be

JJC7301
03-08-2012, 10:22 PM
Peyton changes everything for them automatically because Peyton would have that impact on ANY team. So yeah, it worries me plus they have a good D. They can always find a decent WR or two as well.

And if they can't get Peyton, then they'd be NUTS not to make the move for RGIII. When you're in position and NEED a franchise QB, you make the move. Just like the Giants did with Eli.

Guy could be a bust because you never know, but you just HAVE to make that move.

PRFan
03-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Well, We can't beat Grossman so a QB change would be good! :)

miked1958
03-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Not worried

MattMeyerBud
03-09-2012, 07:50 AM

</p>

no ****...I get the point but to say your "worried" sounds like you are being a wuss. Wouldn't just rather be the better team?? </p>

would rather have the easiest road to the playoffs, because thats a different season in itself and its all about just getting there.

Regular season stats and records are for fantasy football and cowboy and eagle fans

MattMeyerBud
03-09-2012, 07:50 AM
I will never understand why a fan would "worry" about another team in the Giants division being or getting better. Makes no sense to me. What do want.....a ***** *** division so the Giants can walk through it?? . Absolutely. I would be happy if our division had the Browns, Bills and Jags in it. Plenty of challenges in the postseason.</p>

great...so you play crap teams in your div, get no respect for the wins, and no prep for the playoffs. Sounds like the wuss's way out to me...</p>

</p>

you get your respect with playoff wins

and as Giant fans, we always play better when our team gets no respect

MattMeyerBud
03-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Lol seeing as how they swept us this year and we won the Lombardi...I couldn't care less what they do.

All jokes aside though in all seriousness, I'm not overly worried. As long as we take care of our business we'll be good.

Dallas doesn't have anything close to that good of a defense as Washington does

buddy33
03-09-2012, 08:00 AM
As a Giants fan I'm only worried about them fixing the OL and getting their secondary right.

Not worried now about a QB that is coming off of some major surgeries, a rookie, or a guy who has 2 career starts.

egyptian420
03-09-2012, 10:19 AM

With the exception of last year and their garbage secondary, they've had a pretty decent defense. Let's not forget even last year, for the most part up until the end of the season, they were well ahead of us in total defense ranking.

And as much as I hate the entire Ryan family (and I truly do HATE them), Rob Ryan knows how to coach a defense.

GameTime
03-09-2012, 10:58 AM

</P>

no ****...I get the point but to say your "worried" sounds like you are being a wuss. Wouldn't just rather be the better team?? </P>

would rather have the easiest road to the playoffs, because thats a different season in itself and its all about just getting there.

Regular season stats and records are for fantasy football and cowboy and eagle fans
</P>

easy road to the play offs will equate to and easy road out of the playoffs. Look at what they did in 07 and this year. Must wins before the playoffs even started. Got them going in the right direction. Easy division means you favor ***** football. </P>

GameTime
03-09-2012, 10:59 AM
As a Giants fan I'm only worried about them fixing the OL and getting their secondary right. Not worried now about a QB that is coming off of some major surgeries, a rookie, or a guy who has 2 career starts.</P>

^ this....</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-09-2012, 11:04 AM

With the exception of last year and their garbage secondary, they've had a pretty decent defense. Let's not forget even last year, for the most part up until the end of the season, they were well ahead of us in total defense ranking.

And as much as I hate the entire Ryan family (and I truly do HATE them), Rob Ryan knows how to coach a defense.

Dallas's front 7 is pretty good, but i'd still take Washingtons front 7

and Dallas's secondary may be the worst in the league

burier
03-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Not worried about the skins at all.

Mike Shanahan is a crack addict so he'll fubar any situation regardless.

Peyton's definately not going there so Im not worried about that either though...I get the feeling RG3 is going to be the real deal so that's a concern but...I mean...we do have the best QB around so how worried can you possibly be?

Also on a side note. According to Marshall Faulk Peyton not only refuses to play in the East...he refuses to play in the NFC period.

So basically we're talking about Miami and Denver with Miami being the clear favorite.

MattMeyerBud
03-09-2012, 11:08 AM

</p>

no ****...I get the point but to say your "worried" sounds like you are being a wuss. Wouldn't just rather be the better team?? </p>

</p>

easy road to the play offs will equate to and easy road out of the playoffs. Look at what they did in 07 and this year. Must wins before the playoffs even started. Got them going in the right direction. Easy division means you favor ***** football. </p>

no because this is the NFL and its any given sunday...

And thats just not true, go to the strength of schedule stats - Giants had the 11th easiest schedule in 07.

Its about being healthy and hot at the right time

GameTime
03-09-2012, 11:41 AM

</P>

</P>

easy road to the play offs will equate to and easy road out of the playoffs. Look at what they did in 07 and this year. Must wins before the playoffs even started. Got them going in the right direction. Easy division means you favor ***** football. </P>

no because this is the NFL and its any given sunday...

And thats just not true, go to the strength of schedule stats - Giants had the 11th easiest schedule in 07.

Its about being healthy and hot at the right time
</P>

well we can just agree to disagree. If the Giants lose out in their divsion for whatever reason I will certainly blame the Giants and not whine about another team being "too" good. Being healthy and hot at the right time has nothing to do with stregnth of schedule. </P>

BJacobs aka The Problem
03-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Is it me, or is anyone else getting this spidersense feeling that Peyton ends up in Texas?

jhamburg
03-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Is it me, or is anyone else getting this spidersense feeling that Peyton ends up in Texas?

It's you

G-Man67
03-09-2012, 01:48 PM
well we couldnt do worse vs. them this year than we did last year, but naturally i don't feel we will get away with losing to them twice and making the playoffs again</P>

i don't really see Peyton going there, but naturally money talks, so anything is possible</P>

as far as RGIII, well Cam Newton only won a few games this year and historically rookie QBs struggle ... certainly Peyton and Eli did ... also the Skins would have to give up a lot to move up to draft RGIII and that will have a long term negative impact on them</P>

my gut feeling is that the Skins will never be a winning team under Dan Snyder ... unless he totally steps away from the personnel decisions and he seems to be too much of a control freak for that</P>

Vtgmenfan89
03-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Well while they have sucked for a long time, every team has to eventually turn it around. Unfortunately their time may be coming with their defense getting better, and especially if they get RG3. However I expect the browns to get him as they won't have to give up quite as much to move two spots, and the Skins will prob reach for a qb and he'll hopefully be a bust and they'll stay at the bottom of the NFC east where I've always known them to be haha

BigBlue1971
03-09-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't think the Redskins will get Flynn or RG3. I predict they either reach for Tannehill or they get someone in round 2 like Foles or Cousins.</P>

</P>

living inforeskins land, they (team and fans) are clamering for aqb. RG III is on their radar big time!</P>

they will give up a kings ransom for him and as someone said will prolly ruin him in three years.</P>

im thinking he might be JaMarcus Russell 2! lol. </P>

they are also talking bout Brandon Weeden from Okla State!</P>

who knows what the skins will do?</P>

VBGiantsFan
03-09-2012, 04:48 PM
I hope they do get a good qb and maybe well beat them this year. twice we played grossman and he looked like a prime peyton, so maybe if they get a guy like peyton we could make him looi like grossman.

hungrrrry
03-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Is it me, or is anyone else getting this spidersense feeling that Peyton ends up in Texas?Sorry...I'm spidersenseless

gmen46
03-09-2012, 06:24 PM

I actually think it's the #1 or #2 most likely result. There are many factors about where that team is right now that will appeal to Peyton, most importantly they the closest team --in addition to Niners--of all the teams who want him to be an instant SB favorite with Peyton as QB.

San Fransisco is the other team.

It will be one of those 2, with Texans having a slight edge being in the AFC and in the division he's most familiar with.

All the other teams being speculated about are just noise.

Book it.

michaelkhan3
03-09-2012, 07:26 PM
If they get RG3 at least we've been used to defending Vick for the last 2 years, the guy has similar athleticism but will probably end up being alot more accurate. But being a QB is about alot more than that so we will see I guess

jomo
03-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Don't underestimate the ability of dysfunctional ownership to mess up any assembled group of players. Nothing the Skins do worry me as a Giants fan.

Harooni
03-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Imagine Peyton and bj go to the skins I could see them turning things around.

jomo
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Imagine Peyton and bj go to the skins I could see them turning things around.I think that Peyton is too smart to go with a dysfunctional owner or coach and that is why the skins and jets are off the table. He has limited gas in his tank and he won't waste it in an environment that isn't queued up for success.

Harooni
03-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Imagine Peyton and bj go to the skins I could see them turning things around.I think that Peyton is too smart to go with a dysfunctional owner or coach and that is why the skins and jets are off the table. He has limited gas in his tank and he won't waste it in an environment that isn't queued up for success. true. But at least synder doesn't interfere much like a Jerry jones