PDA

View Full Version : James Brewer

Bones911
03-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm guessing that since McKenzie is told to go elsewhere the organization believes the future is Brewer.

Did Brewer play at all last year? Even Preseason? I don't remember seeing him AT ALL!

TheEnigma
03-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Seubert didn't start in his rookie season and he turned out fine.

McKenzie came off of a good 2010 campaign so the FO saw no reason to mess with success at the time. Now that he's come off a season as one of the worst starting RT's in 2011, it makes sense to release him and go with Brewer.

"When you're at the bottom, nowhere else to go but up"

NewYorkSwagg
03-08-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes he played in the preseason game against the patriots I remember and he did a pretty good job. Trust Reese bro he know what he is doing who ever get release or cut just go with the flow.

nygsb42champs
03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I do not like that plan at all. You need to protect your franchise and to hand this kid that spot makes no sense. He did not get on the field at all as a tackle and now we are asking him to protect Eli? We need a better plan.

Redeyejedi
03-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I do not like that plan at all. You need to protect your franchise and to hand this kid that spot makes no sense. He did not get on the field at all as a tackle and now we are asking him to protect Eli? We need a better plan.Before we jump to conclusions lets see what happens . They will bring in competition from somewhere

giantman8493
03-08-2012, 03:55 PM
What if he is the best in the NFL next year?

TheEnigma
03-08-2012, 04:00 PM
I never understood the whole "he has no experience so he shouldn't start!" argument.

You do realize that Diehl and Snee started their rookie seasons, right? O'Hara did as well but he was with the Browns.

BornBrooklyn
03-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Practice with All-Pro competition may help Brewer...

PRFan
03-08-2012, 04:26 PM
He can't be worse than Kmac.
I believe he will be an upgrade, there will be some growing pains but he'll be fine.

jhamburg
03-08-2012, 04:28 PM
I never understood the whole "he has no experience so he shouldn't start!" argument.

You do realize that Diehl and Snee started their rookie seasons, right? O'Hara did as well but he was with the Browns.

Yeah, I mean its OL, its not RB. You're not going to take your RT off the field randomly just to get reps for the young guy. Either he's ready to start or he sits on the bench.

ryan12
03-08-2012, 04:29 PM

i agree if they got game let them play

Kase-1
03-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Practice with All-Pro competition may help Brewer...Going up against Osi, Tuck, and JPP all day in practice cant hurt

JJC7301
03-08-2012, 10:51 PM
I'm guessing that since McKenzie is told to go elsewhere the organization believes the future is Brewer.

Did Brewer play at all last year? Even Preseason? I don't remember seeing him AT ALL!
See what happens in the draft, but from what I've read the Giants are really high on Brewer.

BluGiantPies
03-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Distinctly remember analysts saying he has LT feet wonder if he'd be the one to slide over if beatty gets injured again. Couldn't be much worse then deihl.

bLuereverie
03-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Practice with All-Pro competition may help Brewer...Going up against Osi, Tuck, and JPP all day in practice cant hurt

Not to mention Pat Flaherty putting in extra work.

egyptian420
03-09-2012, 07:48 AM

Not to mention Pat Flaherty putting in extra work.
+1...Probably one of, if not, the best OL coaches in the league. I'm not saying that necessarily means Brewer will be a star, but I sure hope he does.

Regardless, I would love for us to take a top OL in the draft if they fall to us. I'm fine with BPA no matter who it is, but I hope the BPA at #32 is OL or TE.

b_ELI_eve
03-09-2012, 09:02 AM
I doubted Reese last year when he said Boothe was a priority to sign. I won't doubt him this year if he says Brewer is ready to step in. And I honestly don't think Brewer can do much worse than Kmac did last year

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Assumably they've seen enough of Brewer in camp to regard him as a starting RT.

It's not like teams just cross their fingers, pick some guy at random and throw him in.

Having said that, we'll need depth at RT so look for the Giants to either draft an OT or FA one (small signing).

If they draft an OT, WHERE they draft him will tell you how much faith they have in Brewer going into 2012.

hadenough
03-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Assumably they've seen enough of Brewer in camp to regard him as a starting RT.

It's not like teams just cross their fingers, pick some guy at random and throw him in.

Having said that, we'll need depth at RT so look for the Giants to either draft an OT or FA one (small signing).

If they draft an OT, WHERE they draft him will tell you how much faith they have in Brewer going into 2012.

I agree...I have faith they have seen him enough to know he can play.

Only one problem.....he's been hurt every year for the past 4.

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Considering he has better feet than Kmac, I imagine Brewer could probably handle speed rushers better as well. Man, did our tackles get abused by those guys last year...

Redeyejedi
03-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Considering he has better feet than Kmac, I imagine Brewer could probably handle speed rushers better as well. Man, did our tackles get abused by those guys last year... Brewer was just rough around the edges. He had a lot of physical talent. Its a shame he didnt get the Normal Rookie year he missed out on a ton of coaching

yatitle
03-09-2012, 09:27 AM
You do realize the more likely scenario is either Beatty or Diehl plays RT and the other one LT? Petreus and Boothe fight it out for LG and with Brewer you have 7 of the 8 OL that wlll be on the roster.

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Beatty or Diehl at RT? Oh my...

Vtgmenfan89
03-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Well they had high hopes on Linval Joseph though we hadn't seen him and looked how that turned out...I trust this staff to know the talent they have now. However someone did make a good point about just throwing him out there to protect our two time super bowl mvp. However at the same time I don't think they would or will just throw him out there without being sure of him, plus I think he will have a bit of competition. However if our staff is high on him then I trust them. Reese may not be the best when it comes to managing the cap seeing as we've had cap trouble the past two seasons (though that will come with just about any roster that a lot of which won two super bowls) his evaluation of and eye for talent is up there with the best in the business imo.

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
You do realize the more likely scenario is either Beatty or Diehl plays RT and the other one LT? Petreus and Boothe fight it out for LG and with Brewer you have 7 of the 8 OL that wlll be on the roster.

Beatty can't play RT ... he can't run block to save his life.

Diehl has never played RT to my knowledge.

Tommy_Ribs
03-09-2012, 12:45 PM

Diehl played a good amount of RT back in '06, and actually did a nice job.

Some have felt that is his best position, but I think Diehl is solid as a LT, LG or RT and not much more. I have my moments where I get down on him, but I think he does as much or more with his ability than any other player we have.

I think at RT we will have some options:
- Brewer
- Boothe - he is a very good G, but I think he has played some T as well
- Stacy Andrews - This is as depth
- Diehl

Kase-1
03-09-2012, 01:06 PM

Did Brewer play at all last year? Even Preseason? I don't remember seeing him AT ALL!Either that or we're making room for one of the beastly OTs in the draft

We resigned Ballard and we have The ManBear as our TE's and Eli can make anyone look good at TE, as long as you block. So I feel like we're not gonna look at TEs in the draft, if we didnt resign Ballard Id feel different.

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 01:43 PM

Diehl played a good amount of RT back in '06, and actually did a nice job.

Some have felt that is his best position, but I think Diehl is solid as a LT, LG or RT and not much more.* I have my moments where I get down on him, but I think he does as much or more with his ability than any other player we have.

I think at RT we will have some options:
- Brewer
- Boothe - he is a very good G, but I think he has played some T as well
- Stacy Andrews - This is as depth
- Diehl

Looking around the only mention I found of DD as RT was in 2005 for one game. But yeah I could see him there due to his run blocking skills.

Andrews is a FA this year and with his injury history (bad genes in that family) I doubt we re-sign him.

Boothe played RT once last year and got creamed (against Dallas IIRC).

I think if Brewer is ever going to be starter material this is his year to step up.

GMENAGAIN
03-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm guessing that since McKenzie is told to go elsewhere the organization believes the future is Brewer. Did Brewer play at all last year? Even Preseason? I don't remember seeing him AT ALL!Either that or we're making room for one of the beastly OTs in the draft

We resigned Ballard and we have The ManBear as our TE's and Eli can make anyone look good at TE, as long as you block. So I feel like we're not gonna look at TEs in the draft, if we didnt resign Ballard Id feel different.

</P>

We're not even going to look at TE's in the draft because we have Pascoe (a fringe NFL TE at best) and Ballard (coming off a serious knee surgery)?? Hmmmmm . . . . . </P>

Kase-1
03-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm guessing that since McKenzie is told to go elsewhere the organization believes the future is Brewer. Did Brewer play at all last year? Even Preseason? I don't remember seeing him AT ALL!Either that or we're making room for one of the beastly OTs in the draft

</p>

We're not even going to look at TE's in the draft because we have Pascoe (a fringe NFL TE at best) and Ballard (coming off a serious knee surgery)?? Hmmmmm . . . . . </p>Well that may have been an overstatement, but I doubt we're looking at a TE in the 1st 2-3rounds. Maybe a guy like LaDarius Green from LSU in the 4th or so, the TE prospects this year arent really crazy. Between that and Eli being able to make anyone at TE look good, I dont think it warrants a 1st round pick

GMENAGAIN
03-10-2012, 08:12 AM

</P>

We're not even going to look at TE's in the draft because we have Pascoe (a fringe NFL TE at best) and Ballard (coming off a serious knee surgery)?? Hmmmmm . . . . . </P>

Well that may have been an overstatement, but I doubt we're looking at a TE in the 1st 2-3rounds. Maybe a guy like LaDarius Green from LSU in the 4th or so, the TE prospects this year arent really crazy. Between that and Eli being able to make anyone at TE look good, I dont think it warrants a 1st round pick
</P>

I agree with you there . . . I don't see us taking a TE in the first round . . . </P>

michaelkhan3
03-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Brewer might be given a chance but by no means has he been given the starting RT spot because we got rid of McKenzie. Dave Diehl may well have a chance of claiming that spot, or any Draft pick we may get maybe a FA we may sign.

michaelkhan3
03-10-2012, 08:53 AM

</p>

We're not even going to look at TE's in the draft because we have Pascoe (a fringe NFL TE at best) and Ballard (coming off a serious knee surgery)?? Hmmmmm . . . . . </p>Well that may have been an overstatement, but I doubt we're looking at a TE in the 1st 2-3rounds. Maybe a guy like LaDarius Green from LSU in the 4th or so, the TE prospects this year arent really crazy. Between that and Eli being able to make anyone at TE look good, I dont think it warrants a 1st round pick

LaDarius Green isn't from LSU he is from Louisiana-Lafayette and he isn't even a TE he is pretty much a big WR sort of in the mold of Barden