PDA

View Full Version : Peyton not interested in Washington

bELIeve_in_Giants
03-08-2012, 04:52 PM
Good news for Giants fans.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-report-manning-to-redskins-hail-no-20120308,0,7445547.story?track=rss

bELIeve_in_Giants
(edit)

nygsb42champs
WFAN just reported the same thing.

GmenFan1980
03-08-2012, 05:34 PM
Miami here he comes

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/get?src=http%3A%2F%2Fvgn-liveb-mia.terra.com%2Fwebimg%2FMexico%2FImagenes%2FDepor tes%2F2A%2F42%2FC8%2Fmanning-miami20120307114705.jpg&o=cf&w=407&h=305

lol http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

pino
03-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Seriously, I don't know why the rumors even started. There was NO WAY he was going to play against his brother twice a year. The only way they could land him is with a large contract, but this is Peyton Manning and there will be no shortage of teams offering large contracts. Washington has nothing else to offer.

burier
03-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Seriously, I don't know why the rumors even started. There was NO WAY he was going to play against his brother twice a year. The only way they could land him is with a large contract, but this is Peyton Manning and there will be no shortage of teams offering large contracts. Washington has nothing else to offer.

exactly.

Was never gonna happen.

King Sully
03-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I knew he wouldnt have any interest in playing for them, Washington has a horrible front office and owner who thinks money solves everything but has no clue how to run a football team, If Eli and Archie didnt want Eli to play for a similar team... the chargers, then in no way would peyton ever don a redskins helmet imo.

Morehead State
03-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Expect Washington to offer whatever it takes to move up to #2. At least 2 #1's and another pick..

giantsfan420
03-08-2012, 06:44 PM
I knew he wouldnt have any interest in playing for them, Washington has a horrible front office and owner who thinks money solves everything but has no clue how to run a football team, If Eli and Archie didnt want Eli to play for a similar team... the chargers, then in no way would peyton ever don a redskins helmet imo.

its come out that eli and archie didnt want sd bc it'd mean to get to the SB at best itd have to be eli vs peyton in AFC CG. Faulk, who has history and knowledge of peyton, said peyton wouldnt play for any nfc team bc it'd mean eli and peyton couldnt both go to the sb...who knows tho at this stage of peytons career...if DC was the best shot for peyton to go to the SB he'd prob play there, but they ain't.

Morehead State
03-08-2012, 06:49 PM
I knew he wouldnt have any interest in playing for them, Washington has a horrible front office and owner who thinks money solves everything but has no clue how to run a football team, If Eli and Archie didnt want Eli to play for a similar team... the chargers, then in no way would peyton ever don a redskins helmet imo. its come out that eli and archie didnt want sd bc it'd mean to get to the SB at best itd have to be eli vs peyton in AFC CG. Faulk, who has history and knowledge of peyton, said peyton wouldnt play for any nfc team bc it'd mean eli and peyton couldnt both go to the sb...who knows tho at this stage of peytons career...if DC was the best shot for peyton to go to the SB he'd prob play there, but they ain't.</P>

I don't believe that for a second. SD was a screwed up place with the AJ/Shottenhiemer drama. It was a disfunctional franchise and the Mannings knew it.</P>

</P>

chasjay
03-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Miami here he comes

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/get?src=http%3A%2F%2Fvgn-liveb-mia.terra.com%2Fwebimg%2FMexico%2FImagenes%2FDepor tes%2F2A%2F42%2FC8%2Fmanning-miami20120307114705.jpg&amp;o=cf&amp;w=407&amp;h=305

lol http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

I think there is some chance that he ends up in the AFC West, simply because of the odds on winning the division - but I agree that Miami seems most likely.

If he went to the Dolphins and set some "game" or "season" passing marks, the Miami record book would be an impressive one - filled with a bunch of D. Marino's and a few P. Manning's.

sharick88
03-08-2012, 07:42 PM

its come out that eli and archie didnt want sd bc it'd mean to get to the SB at best itd have to be eli vs peyton in AFC CG. Faulk, who has history and knowledge of peyton, said peyton wouldnt play for any nfc team bc it'd mean eli and peyton couldnt both go to the sb...who knows tho at this stage of peytons career...if DC was the best shot for peyton to go to the SB he'd prob play there, but they ain't.
Mashall Faulk doesn't know ****. I would take what he says about Peyton's situation with a grain of salt. As far as our boy #10 is concerned, Eli's camp did not want to go play for an organization that already had Drew Brees at the time and an organization that fires coaches that go 14-2. San Diego is dysfunctional and he did not want any part of it.

fletch842
03-08-2012, 08:16 PM

Mashall Faulk doesn't know ****. I would take what he says about Peyton's situation with a grain of salt. As far as our boy #10 is concerned, Eli's camp did not want to go play for an organization that already had Drew Brees at the time and an organization that fires coaches that go 14-2. San Diego is dysfunctional and he did not want any part of it.
Lord of no Rings, nuff said.

Morehead State
03-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I knew he wouldnt have any interest in playing for them, Washington has a horrible front office and owner who thinks money solves everything but has no clue how to run a football team, If Eli and Archie didnt want Eli to play for a similar team... the chargers, then in no way would peyton ever don a redskins helmet imo. its come out that eli and archie didnt want sd bc it'd mean to get to the SB at best itd have to be eli vs peyton in AFC CG. Faulk, who has history and knowledge of peyton, said peyton wouldnt play for any nfc team bc it'd mean eli and peyton couldnt both go to the sb...who knows tho at this stage of peytons career...if DC was the best shot for peyton to go to the SB he'd prob play there, but they ain't. Mashall Faulk doesn't know ****. I would take what he says about Peyton's situation with a grain of salt. As far as our boy #10 is concerned, Eli's camp did not want to go play for an organization that already had Drew Brees at the time and an organization that fires coaches that go 14-2. San Diego is dysfunctional and he did not want any part of it. Lord of no Rings, nuff said.</P>

Are you talking about Faulk? Because if you are you're wrong. He has a ring.</P>

giantsfan420
03-08-2012, 08:30 PM
take it easy i was just saying what faulk said. it does make sense too. SD did have a talented roster, it was a great location with great qb friendly weather, and up to the point SD never went 14-2 and fired their coach.

i also believe that the GM and owner did play a big role in it as well. i think it was a bunch of factors and having both in the AFC did contribute to the decision. thats just my opinion, if you feel differently thats fine by me.

sharick88
03-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I knew he wouldnt have any interest in playing for them, Washington has a horrible front office and owner who thinks money solves everything but has no clue how to run a football team, If Eli and Archie didnt want Eli to play for a similar team... the chargers, then in no way would peyton ever don a redskins helmet imo. its come out that eli and archie didnt want sd bc it'd mean to get to the SB at best itd have to be eli vs peyton in AFC CG. Faulk, who has history and knowledge of peyton, said peyton wouldnt play for any nfc team bc it'd mean eli and peyton couldnt both go to the sb...who knows tho at this stage of peytons career...if DC was the best shot for peyton to go to the SB he'd prob play there, but they ain't. Mashall Faulk doesn't know ****. I would take what he says about Peyton's situation with a grain of salt. As far as our boy #10 is concerned, Eli's camp did not want to go play for an organization that already had Drew Brees at the time and an organization that fires coaches that go 14-2. San Diego is dysfunctional and he did not want any part of it. Lord of no Rings, nuff said.</P>

Are you talking about Faulk?** Because if you are you're wrong.* He has a ring.</P>
Hey gramps, he is talking about AJ Smith. That's his nickname around the NFL. The Chargers continue to have a ton of talent and nothing to show for it.

sharick88
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
take it easy i was just saying what faulk said. it does make sense too. SD did have a talented roster, it was a great location with great qb friendly weather, and up to the point SD never went 14-2 and fired their coach.

i also believe that the GM and owner did play a big role in it as well. i think it was a bunch of factors and having both in the AFC did contribute to the decision. thats just my opinion, if you feel differently thats fine by me.

I'm not coming after you or anything like that. I know they never fired a coach with a record like that before then. The bottom line is that they did do that. Drew Brees, a pro bowl QB even at that time, was still currently on the roster. Don't mind my beef with Faulk. I just think that he is a poor analyst.

egyptian420
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't know how credible that article is but I know that Peyton wants nothing to do with the Redskins or the Jets for many reasons, and Eli is certainly one of them.

Morehead State
03-08-2012, 11:19 PM
take it easy i was just saying what faulk said. it does make sense too. SD did have a talented roster, it was a great location with great qb friendly weather, and up to the point SD never went 14-2 and fired their coach. i also believe that the GM and owner did play a big role in it as well. i think it was a bunch of factors and having both in the AFC did contribute to the decision. thats just my opinion, if you feel differently thats fine by me. I'm not coming after you or anything like that. I know they never fired a coach with a record like that before then. The bottom line is that they did do that. Drew Brees, a pro bowl QB even at that time, was still currently on the roster. Don't mind my beef with Faulk. I just think that he is a poor analyst.</P>

Your memory is a tad off.</P>

First of all, the Chargers were ready to dump Brees, thats why they drafted Eli and traded for Rivers. He had yet to play well at all up to that point. Thus the first pick in the draft at 4-12. It was 2004 when Brees came into his own. So that point is completely off.</P>

Secondly, Marty was still the coach when Eli was drafted, so there was no 14-2 firing at all. That didn't come until 2 years later.</P>

The reason the Mannings didn't want to go to SD was because they had heard just how screwey AJ was. And how disfunctional the entire organization was. But the factors you described hadn't happened yet.</P>

JJC7301
03-08-2012, 11:36 PM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-report-manning-to-redskins-hail-no-20120308,0,7445547.story?track=rss
That is good news. Based on Gary Meyers' column today in the Daily News, I think he will wind up on the Jets. I didn't think so before, but the Jets are a solid team who could make the SB this year with Peyton. So could the 49ers, but NY is where his brother is.

And he wants to play in the AFC. The 'phins and Chiefs are nowhere near as good as the Jets. He doesn't have much time left in his career, so he'll go with the current best opportunity which will be the Jets.

Which sucks because it'll be Peyton, Rex, and the Jets on the back pages every single day whether it's good news or bad.

miked1958
03-09-2012, 10:18 AM
</P>

I dont really agree. I think if Peyton went there it would not be an Automatic thing that they are SB contenders. Plus he would only be there maybe 3-5 yrs if that. I really dont think peyton could win a SB with that Skins team if he could only do it once with that dominating Colts team. Now that the Skins are out of the Peyton Race they will focus on moving up to get RGIII. That could be potentially alot BIGGER THORN IN OURSIDES for MANY MANY MANY Years to come. </P>

This kid could become HUGE. Sure it wont happen right when he gets there...but the downside of the Skins not getting Peyton is that when Peyton would be getting ready to retire RGIII will be coming into his PRIME. If Skins got Peyton i see it improving them but not to the point where they win a bunch of SBs. I think they just look back after Peyton is done and see a bunch of really good seasons and maybe some playoffs with no Rings to show for it. Then they are back to square one when he retires. If they get this RGIII kid they will be set for the next 10-13 years barring injuries. </P>

I think it would be a WAY BETTER Senario for the Giants to keep RGIII out of the NFCE then Peyton. Just my Opinion... many of you prob wont agree</P>

Morehead State
03-09-2012, 10:18 AM

Are you talking about Faulk? Because if you are you're wrong. He has a ring.</P>

Hey gramps, he is talking about AJ Smith. That's his nickname around the NFL. The Chargers continue to have a ton of talent and nothing to show for it.</P>

Did you just call me gramps G?</P>

yatitle
03-09-2012, 10:24 AM

That is good news. Based on Gary Meyers' column today in the Daily News, I think he will wind up on the Jets. I didn't think so before, but the Jets are a solid team who could make the SB this year with Peyton. So could the 49ers, but NY is where his brother is.

And he wants to play in the AFC. The 'phins and Chiefs are nowhere near as good as the Jets. He doesn't have much time left in his career, so he'll go with the current best opportunity which will be the Jets.

Which sucks because it'll be Peyton, Rex, and the Jets on the back pages every single day whether it's good news or bad.

Do you know the expression even a broken clock has the correct time twice a day? Well that doesn't apply to Gary Meyers. That guy is ALWAYS wrong.

heavyhitter
03-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Miami here he comes

http://p2.trrsf.com/image/get?src=http%3A%2F%2Fvgn-liveb-mia.terra.com%2Fwebimg%2FMexico%2FImagenes%2FDepor tes%2F2A%2F42%2FC8%2Fmanning-miami20120307114705.jpg&amp;o=cf&amp;w=407&amp;h=305

lol http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-4.gif<font size="2">Where did you get this pic from? I'm pretty sure they've got a billboard up in Dade County w/ something similar to this. </font>

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 11:06 AM

Are you talking about Faulk?** Because if you are you're wrong.* He has a ring.</P>

Hey gramps, he is talking about AJ Smith. That's his nickname around the NFL. The Chargers continue to have a ton of talent and nothing to show for it.</P>

I'm so calling you Gramps from now on.

Morehead State
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM

I'm so calling you Gramps from now on.</P>

Do what you have to do. But just remember that I'm well perserved.</P>