PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw's foot still isn't healed...

Shockeyitus
03-09-2012, 09:18 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/ahmad-bradshaw-undergoes-procedure-on-foot/

It may not be a huge deal, but with Jacobs almost 30 and on the last year of his contract. Bradshaw's foot issues and inability to stay healthy for an entire season. I see the Giants making an early move for an RB. Maybe not round 1, but round 2 or 3. Doug Martin in Round 2 sounds awfully nice.

heavyhitter
03-09-2012, 09:40 AM
<font size="2">I'd like to see the Giants either pick a guy up in FA or draft a RB who's got some nice hands. I can see why so many people around here like Doug Martin, he plays a lot like Tiki Barber IMO. I know comparisons have been made that he's similar to Ray Rice or MJD, but I think he's got a little bit of Tiki in him as well. </font>

bLuereverie
03-09-2012, 09:52 AM
<font size="2">I'd like to see the Giants either pick a guy up in FA or draft a RB who's got some nice hands. I can see why so many people around here like Doug Martin, he plays a lot like Tiki Barber IMO. I know comparisons have been made that he's similar to Ray Rice or MJD, but I think he's got a little bit of Tiki in him as well. </font>

I hope the comparisons end at just football. Though there was an interview with his mom in Boise, he seems to be from good stock.

threenout
03-09-2012, 10:27 AM
unquestionably Giants have to add the RB situation for next season. Is there any hope that Da'rel Scott or DJ Ware?

Shockeyitus
03-09-2012, 10:30 AM
unquestionably Giants have to add the RB situation for next season.** Is there any hope that Da'rel Scott or DJ Ware?**

I think DJ Ware needs to find a new team... I like Scott as a versitile back/return man. His game reminds me of Kevin Faulk, but with more speed. I have a hunch that Ware will be the odd man out this season.

Raptor22
03-09-2012, 10:39 AM
This isn't really news, and I just don't see Bradshaws career lasting any longer than Jacobs' (not total time, I mean clock ticking now)

In 2 years, maybe less, Andre Brown or somebody who isn't even on the team yet will be the no. 1 back.

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 11:26 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/08/ahmad-bradshaw-undergoes-procedure-on-foot/

It may not be a huge deal, but with Jacobs almost 30 and on the last year of his contract. Bradshaw's foot issues and inability to stay healthy for an entire season. I see the Giants making an early move for an RB. Maybe not round 1, but round 2 or 3. Doug Martin in Round 2 sounds awfully nice.

Possbily but under Reese we have never drafted a RB in the first three rounds.

BlueSanta
03-09-2012, 02:08 PM

Possbily but under Reese we have never drafted a RB in the first three rounds.

Although, it was widely reported Reese was very high on Spiller.

I think this stat may be a little skewed anyways because we havent needed to draft a low round Rb either, we have always had good production at the position until this year.

But, I also doubt we go RB in the 1st 2 round,but for diferent reasons. TR is the only 1st round talent at RB, he will obviously be gone when we pick at 32. Then, in round 2, I see Wilson, Miller and Martin all being gone before we pick at 64.

heavyhitter
03-09-2012, 05:31 PM

I hope the comparisons end at just football. Though there was an interview with his mom in Boise, he seems to be from good stock.<font size="2">Well, now that Jacobs has been released, the need at RB has just raised a notch. Like I said before, I'd like to see them grab a RB who can catch the ball out the backfield whether it be through FA or the draft. </font>

BlueSanta
03-09-2012, 07:03 PM

I hope the comparisons end at just football. Though there was an interview with his mom in Boise, he seems to be from good stock.<font size="2">Well, now that Jacobs has been released, the need at RB has just raised a notch. Like I said before, I'd like to see them grab a RB who can catch the ball out the backfield whether it be through FA or the draft. </font>

I agree RB need is greater now.

Good news for us is.... this RB class is very good.

alau53
03-09-2012, 07:29 PM
can bradshaw's foot issues be helped with another operation