PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Freeney available

jppmvp90
03-09-2012, 11:33 AM
thoughts?????????? imagine adding him to our d line

nygsb42champs
03-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Do not have the cap room to even look at him.

JJC7301
03-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Focus on keeping our own guy, Osi. And JPP will need to get paid, and I believe that Tuck's contract is up next year as well.

Focus on our own guys. We have a talented that won the SB in spite of tons of injuries. We got Prince (who got better as the season went on) and Austin (who was injured) coming back -- it'll be like having an extra 1st and 2nd picks coming aboard this year.

IF we were going to spend FA money, spend it where the holes are like OL.

Sanntee31
03-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Now the question is how much is it going to cost the F/O and how much is he asking for?</P>

GameTime
03-09-2012, 11:55 AM
</P>

why???...</P>

he doesnt fit the scheme, cant afford him anyway, and would rather have Osi kept as a Giant</P>

</P>

Vtgmenfan89
03-09-2012, 12:05 PM
Jpp. Tuck. Osi. Kiwi.

Enough said.

gmen0820
03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
We'd have to trade a pick and take his salary.

Personally, my thoughts on this is that it's rediculous to even ponder.

burier
03-09-2012, 12:07 PM
So we pay for a big time free agent and ask him to rotate???

doesn't really make sense.

MattMeyerBud
03-09-2012, 12:09 PM

14 mil cap hit this year? no thanks

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Two problems. Who do you release and how do you pay Freeney?

bansaw
03-09-2012, 12:14 PM
I was thinking of just posting a list of every free agent and ask if we should sign them

Bigbluefan1974
03-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Ya know I just gotta say. With all due respect to the original poster, posts like this are completely moronic and ridiculous. Why do people even post garbage like this? Dwight Freeney has a 14 million dollar cap hit this season and the Giants are already over the cap. Why do people have to even bring it up? Every sticking big name player that comes available, some people have to make a case for them coming to the Giants. Its completely annoying. So those are my thoughts....you asked.

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 12:26 PM
I was thinking of just posting a list of every free agent and ask if we should sign them

That sure would save us time lol

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Ya know I just gotta say. With all due respect to the original poster, posts like this are completely moronic and ridiculous. Why do people even post garbage like this? Dwight Freeney has a 14 million dollar cap hit this season and the Giants are already over the cap. Why do people have to even bring it up? Every sticking big name player that comes available, some people have to make a case for them coming to the Giants. Its completely annoying. So those are my thoughts....you asked.

Did your dog poop in your oatmeal?

nygpolishpunk
03-09-2012, 12:37 PM

I don't think this needs to be asked, the answer is obvious.

JJC7301
03-09-2012, 12:40 PM
Ya know I just gotta say.* With all due respect to the original poster, posts like this are completely moronic and ridiculous.* Why do people even post garbage like this?* Dwight Freeney has a 14 million dollar cap hit this season and the Giants are already over the cap.* Why do people have to even bring it up?* Every sticking big name player that comes available, some people have to make a case for them coming to the Giants.* Its completely annoying.* So those are my thoughts....you asked.

So, how do you REALLY feel?

C1010
03-09-2012, 12:43 PM
We don't have the money to even mention his name. Frankly the only free agent DE that we may have a shot at (if we are looking) is John Abraham mainly because he would be the perfect rotational d-end. That said, we need to keep Osi.

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 12:50 PM

He's a $14mil cap hit with another $5mil dangling (bonuses) AND we'd have to give up a player and/or high pick to get him.

Are you entirely insane?

Bigbluefan1974
03-09-2012, 05:15 PM

So funny...just real tired of every big name that hits the market, someone here has to bring them up, no matter how unrealistic it is, no matter how anti-Giant like it is, they still have to start a thread about the Giants signing them. You guys have to put the stupid video games down for a second. This isn't Madden.
Flame away....

BlueSanta
03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Well, maybe Reese will hop on his unicorn and fly over chocolate rainbow to the magical world of make believe where this deal is sure to get done. In that world player salaries are paid with glitter and the salary cap is not a cap on spending but a endless treasure chest of slightly dressed pretty girls wrestling in jello and sprinkles.

While we are there, lets sign Peyton as a backup too....

bearbryant
03-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Well, maybe Reese will hop on his unicorn and fly over chocolate rainbow to the magical world of make believe where this deal is sure to get done. In that world player salaries are paid with glitter and the salary cap is not a cap on spending but a endless treasure chest of slightly dressed pretty girls wrestling in jello and sprinkles.

While we are there, lets sign Peyton as a backup too....

Excellent!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
03-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Why would we even think twice about him when Osi is better and already under contract?

People really do make topics about EVERY FA don't they...lol

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 10:51 PM
I still think you guys are getting trolled hardcore by his FA threads lol.