PDA

View Full Version : Francesca reporting Giants to sign Jacob Tamme?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Sure hope not...... guy is small as hell,,, don't want another Beckum even though he's much better than Buckum

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=437086&thread_page=1

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Sure hope not...... guy is small as hell,,, don't want another Beckum even though he's much better than Buckum

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=437086&thread_page=1

Having signed Ballard, it could be they are going to let Beckum go at some point in an injury settlement. If Tamme is better than Beckum and is affordable????

NYG4lifeNYK
03-09-2012, 03:26 PM

Having signed Ballard, it could be they are going to let Beckum go at some point in an injury settlement. If Tamme is better than Beckum and is affordable????

Better be REALLY affordable

ShakeNBake
03-09-2012, 04:37 PM
If we do its a waste of money. Guy is too small for a blocking TE and we don't utilize the TE in the passing game enough to justify a roster spot to another Travis Beckum type even if Beckum is gone next yr.

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I'd rather any FA's we bring in would already be awesome run blockers while we pick up a project TE in the draft so that we can develop him while the veteran starts.

Tamme doesn't fit that.

dave56dj
03-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Ha - let the questioning of Reese begin. Unreal. By the way Tamme had an incredible year with Peyton when Clark was hurt - going for 67 catches but lets say he is just like beckum because of travis's career 26 catches?

Yes tamme is more of a receiving TE, if you haven't noticed thats where the NFL is headed - and while he is no gronk, a hern, whitten, or graham he would be an immediate upgrade and probably come fairly cheap - grow up, this would make the Giants better - or lets just keep questioning jerry - god knows you guys know more then our 2 time superbowl gm jerry reese.

Kruunch
03-09-2012, 04:56 PM

Signing Tamme would be awesome.

Morehead State
03-09-2012, 04:57 PM

Signing Tamme would be awesome.</P>

I can't find a single thing on the web about it. Was he even released by Indy?</P>

domfin
03-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Here we go again, even after winning a SB, the message board GMs are already starting to 2nd guess Reese. Just havenít learned to shut up and just watch. I have!

alau53
03-09-2012, 04:59 PM

I can't find a single thing on the web about it. Was he even released by Indy?</P>

i think he's an unrestricted f/a

Morehead State
03-09-2012, 05:02 PM

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&amp;thread=437086&amp;thread_page=1

i think he's an unrestricted f/a</P>

If thats true., and Fatso is right, the Giants are guilty of tampering. Because they can't talk to FA that aren't cut until March 13.</P>

jppmvp90
03-09-2012, 05:04 PM
i listen to mike all the time why would he ever talk about jacob tamme? he doesnt even know who the guy is. this story is false

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 05:04 PM
You guys act like every FA signing we've had has been a homerun. How does legitimately questioning this move mean people need to "grow up"? No one here is whining or complaining but simply curious about what Reese's plan is with this signing.

dave56dj
03-09-2012, 05:07 PM
OK then lets look at it - we have ballard on roster who will start season on pup. Bear has been a nice plug in but nothing more. ChristIan hopkins is a practice squader and although there are exceptions most practice squaders - repeat MOST - dont make it.

Tamme had 67 catches when playing with manning and probably would not be expensive at all - so this would improve our receiving threat at the TE position - so again whats the questioning?

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 05:14 PM
The problem with TE's who aren't balanced like Tamme is that when you use them, it can potentially tip off to a team what the play might be.

That or there are several other TE's out there who have more experience, better run blocking abilities, and some of them actually know this system (Shiancoe).

As much as I dislike this possible signing, I would rather hope Tamme has a Pro Bowl Season and shuts me up rather than fail.

MikeIsaGiant
03-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I would like the signing at an affordable rate To be honest

Morehead State
03-09-2012, 05:20 PM
The problem with TE's who aren't balanced like Tamme is that when you use them, it can potentially tip off to a team what the play might be. That or there are several other TE's out there who have more experience, better run blocking abilities, and some of them actually know this system (Shiancoe). As much as I dislike this possible signing, I would rather hope Tamme has a Pro Bowl Season and shuts me up rather than fail.</P>

Boy this kid did a great job when Clark went down. He can get open and he can catch the ball. I would look for him to be a part of the offense.</P>

That is of course if he indeed signs with us.</P>

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Depending on if we draft a TE or not, I can probably open up to this guy more. Just kinda shocked if this is the guy Reese is going after. Caught me off guard honestly.

Hooligans
03-09-2012, 05:25 PM

You must be kidding - Tamme will be the best TE the Giants have had since Shockey's first year. Getting Tamme would be a Godsend for Eli.

hungrrrry
03-09-2012, 05:26 PM
Ha - let the questioning of Reese begin. Unreal. By the way Tamme had an incredible year with Peyton when Clark was hurt - going for 67 catches but lets say he is just like beckum because of travis's career 26 catches? Yes tamme is more of a receiving TE, if you haven't noticed thats where the NFL is headed - and while he is no gronk, a hern, whitten, or graham he would be an immediate upgrade and probably come fairly cheap - grow up, this would make the Giants better - or lets just keep questioning jerry - god knows you guys know more then our 2 time superbowl gm jerry reese.No monetary amount has been discussed yet...sure if he comes at the $540,000 Ballard signed for, that would be great but what amount becomes too much for you? That is what will get Reese real praise or real scorn! I remain open-minded but skeptical.

dave56dj
03-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Tamme wont come for the league minimum but certainly reese wont break any banks for him and should be one of the cheaper fa's out there - how do i know? Umm reese's past gives us a good idea of this for one and two tamme had a nice year with 67 catches but this year only 19 with a terrible offense - and many teams are filled with TE's odds are he won't fetch a pretty penny.

As for alerting teams to pass if he is on the field - how bout a two TE set with a blocking TE as well - no tipping there - and guess what we are a pass first team - its ok to tip a little - sometimes you just aren't defending it. Not to mention Tamme is a better blocker then beckum and while no great shakes you can still run to keep teams honest. Again he would be a great receiving threat - and better then we have on roster.

Again the giants are aware of his weaknesses - his blocking - and so the hope is they pay him accordingly - to be more of a receiving threat -then add a blocking Te - you COULD find one in late rounds or use pascoe and not have be forced into fleener or someone they dont like in round one as TE spot is thin in draft.

Giant draft philosophy is find stars in first three rounds - fill need in FA so you aren't paying too much for stars. Worked out pretty damn well so far and tamme fills a need - IF ANY OF THIS IS TRUE.

bearbryant
03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
How many times do we need to try the Beckum- type TE experiment? Waste some more draft picks? Tamme is a typical light in the *** TE who catches the ball but doesn't want to get next to anyone weighing more than 235 pounds for fear of getting knocked out! Sorry, I don't see it!

NY_Eli
03-09-2012, 11:39 PM
How many times do we need to try the Beckum- type TE experiment? Waste some more draft picks? Tamme is a typical light in the *** TE who catches the ball but doesn't want to get next to anyone weighing more than 235 pounds for fear of getting knocked out! Sorry, I don't see it!

How many times have we tried the Beckum experiment?

JJC7301
03-09-2012, 11:51 PM
Ha - let the questioning of Reese begin. Unreal. By the way Tamme had an incredible year with Peyton when Clark was hurt - going for 67 catches but lets say he is just like beckum because of travis's career 26 catches?

Yes tamme is more of a receiving TE, if you haven't noticed thats where the NFL is headed - and while he is no gronk, a hern, whitten, or graham he would be an immediate upgrade and probably come fairly cheap - grow up, this would make the Giants better - or lets just keep questioning jerry - god knows you guys know more then our 2 time superbowl gm jerry reese.
No one is ever to question any move made by JR or the FO? No point in ever posting on these boards then.

I think JR may be the best GM in the game, but I do question his decision not to start retooling the o-line 2 years ago instead of waiting until last year. Now we're rebuilding out of necessity and some uncertainty because we have to.

JR is great, 2nd guessing is part of the fun. I love being proven wrong by JR, anyway.

I know nothing about this TE, but I didn't like Beckum anyway and I'm assuming he's not coming back. That being said, I believe that FA signings count more against the cap than keeping our own guys, so if there's no much difference between this TE and Beckum, then may as well keep Becks or just move on by drafting another TE in later rounds.

alau53
03-10-2012, 03:04 AM
dont you think peyton s/w eli about tamme..no way peyton would push this guy giant way if he wasnt any good..tamme will wait to see if he can hook up with peyton's new team b4 negotisting with the gmen