PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS RELEASING JACOBS

jppmvp90
03-09-2012, 04:57 PM
<a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeGarafolo" data-user-id="12513132"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name">Mike Garafolo[/b]
<span>?</span>
<span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>MikeGarafolo</span>
</a>
<ul class="actions js-actions"><li class="action-reply-container">
<a class="with-icn js-action-reply" data-modal="tweet-reply" href="https://twitter.com/#" title="Reply">

</a>
<li class="action-rt-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-rt" data-modal="tweet-retweet" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="retweet" title="Retweet">Retweet</span>
</a>
<li class="action-fav-container">
<a class="with-icn js-toggle-fav" href="https://twitter.com/#">

<span class="favorite" title="Favorite">Favorite</span>
</a>
<li class="action-open-container">
<span class="separator"></span>
<a class="with-icn js-open-close-tweet" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeGarafolo/status/178222070038142976">

<span class="open-tweet" title="Open Tweet"> Open</span>

</a>
[/list]

<p class="js-tweet-text">BREAKING: Giants will release RB Brandon Jacobs today, per a source. Sides couldn't come to a financial agreement. Blog coming. <s>#</s>nyg (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23nyg)</p>

alau53
03-09-2012, 05:01 PM
i'll miss jacobs..he gave the giants a tough personality

Tuckit91
03-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Hate it!

netplus
03-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Not happy about this. Ahmad is probably pissed off too. Increases the chances of drafting a RB now.

BigBlue1971
03-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Jacobs was a good back for us. he wore his heart on his sleeve but for the most part he did perform for us. </P>

good luck BJ!</P>

MikeIsaGiant
03-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Very interesting what happens next.....

jomo
03-09-2012, 05:20 PM
Very interesting what happens next.....Maybe we find a RB who can catch a ball and do something with it?

Morehead State
03-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Very interesting what happens next.....</P>

Mike Tolbert?</P>

XxBigWhitxX
03-09-2012, 05:25 PM

Mike Tolbert?</P>I was thinking Micheal Bush.

MikeIsaGiant
03-09-2012, 05:26 PM

Mike Tolbert?</P>

If they were both demanding reasonable money (same price) I'd go with Bush 100%.

But I'm sure Bush will be more expensive, Tolbert would be nice!

MikeIsaGiant
03-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Very interesting what happens next.....Maybe we find a RB who can catch a ball and do something with it?

True! We need one of those bad boys. I get jealous every time I see those nice RB screens

Morehead State
03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Very interesting what happens next.....Maybe we find a RB who can catch a ball and do something with it? True! We need one of those bad boys. I get jealous every time I see those nice RB screens</P>

We need a third down back. A guy who can run, pick up blitzes and catch the ball. Tolbert fits that bill perfectly.</P>

Martyr
03-09-2012, 05:36 PM
I guess all of us can agree that we seen this coming, still sucks at least we canremember how he ran over defenders. I hope he signs with the Raiders backing up Mcfadden. He'd fit perfectly in Oaktown

bLuereverie
03-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Would have been nice to get him behind a stable offensive line. I think he has plenty in the tank.

YATittle1962
03-09-2012, 05:47 PM
wow

we roll on

JesseJames
03-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Jacobs stats this year were pretty crappy and didn't justify his salary but I also believe that he was the victim of playing behind a pretty lousey run blocking line.

myles2424
03-09-2012, 05:57 PM
i'll miss jacobs..he gave the giants a tough personality he was the closet thing to a leader that we had....

bLuereverie
03-09-2012, 05:58 PM
i'll miss jacobs..he gave the giants a tough personality he was the closet thing to a leader that we had....
ummmm no

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Very interesting what happens next.....</p>

Mike Tolbert?</p>

Did Da'Rel Scott go somewhere?

jppmvp90
03-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Very interesting what happens next.....</p>

Mike Tolbert?</p>

Did Da'Rel Scott go somewhere?

also mr" i got a ring" andre brown

nycsportzfan
03-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Very interesting what happens next.....Maybe we find a RB who can catch a ball and do something with it? True! We need one of those bad boys. I get jealous every time I see those nice RB screens</P>

We need a third down back. A guy who can run, pick up blitzes and catch the ball. Tolbert fits that bill perfectly.</P> So does Doug Martin or Chris Polk, and we can get those guys for alot cheaper then Mike Tolbert will be, and with our current Cap Situation, i'd think we'll save where we can, and RB is a positon very deep in this yrs draft... I could see us going for a cheap alternative in FA'cy or going for a RB fairly early in the draft... FA'cy guys i could see are guys like Jackie Battle, Kahill Bell..etc

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Jacobs stats for this season are not representative of what he can do with a blocking Oline. I believe he has alot more left to give.</P>

Jacob's was a GREAT team leader and teammate first player attitude, he did alot for Giants team and Bradshaw as well. I am sure the Gmen could have come to terms if they wanted to.</P>

netplus
03-09-2012, 07:40 PM
Jacobs stats for this season are not representative of what he can do with a blocking Oline. I believe he has alot more left to give.</P>

Jacob's was a GREAT team leader and teammate first player attitude, he did alot for Giants team and Bradshaw as well. I am sure the Gmen could have come to terms if they wanted to.</P>

Totally agree. I hope we don't play against him next season. The only thing I didn't like about him was his ridiculous TD celebration.

calzonesays
03-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Any chance he resigns after realizing that nobody wants to overpay him?

GMenNY21
03-09-2012, 07:56 PM
That sucks

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Any chance he resigns after realizing that nobody wants to overpay him?
I certainly hope so! I love him on our team(plus) I dont wanna retire his jersey yet lol.

NYCDBS
03-09-2012, 08:02 PM
I hope the FO knows what they are doing... Jacobs brings the sort of toughness and attitude that doesn't show up on the stat sheet...He may not have the glamorous numbers of other backs but teams don't want to tackle that man when he's running north to south... You will be missed Brandon Jacobs you were a great Giant!!!

Harooni
03-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Sad to see the pound cake go. But happy about cutting for cap space.

alau53
03-09-2012, 08:20 PM
his agent had to have been feeling out the free agent money b4 he gave up on gmen last offer..hope it works out for all concerned.. maybe brandon will be inducted into giant ring of honor in a few years after he retires..he's close