PDA

View Full Version : And now, the 2nd round pick is UM RB Miller/Re-Sign Jacobs?

giantsfan420
03-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Now that BJ has been released, the Giants will draft Lamar Miller in the 2nd round of the draft...

I still think the Giants could re-sign Jacobs after he tests the market and gets hardly any offers, which would result in us getting him for cheap...although I could see a few teams actually offering him a big payday.

bLuereverie
03-09-2012, 05:01 PM
RB just went up a notch in need, but still not enough to alter the course in drafting. Still plenty of talent in the midrounds.

Vtgmenfan89
03-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Not sure if Miller falls to us at the end of the 2nd...he's rated as a high to mid 2nd round pick by most boards I've seen. So, I wouldn't bet on it. I'd be absolutely thrilled if he did and we took him however, he's a bruiser. I wouldn't mind David Wilson at the end of the first however we don't put that high a priority on rb's so I doubt we take him

bLuereverie
03-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I expect all RBs to fall as the position has somewhat devalued, so it's possible he drops. All the NYG picks from last year did.

heavyhitter
03-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Now that BJ has been released, the Giants will draft Lamar Miller in the 2nd round of the draft.<font size="2">Lamar Miller will be long gone by pick 64</font>

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Now that BJ has been released, the Giants will draft Lamar Miller in the 2nd round of the draft...

I still think the Giants could re-sign Jacobs after he tests the market and gets hardly any offers, which would result in us getting him for cheap...although I could see a few teams actually offering him a big payday.

They already have DJ Ware and Da'Rel Scott.

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Rather have Doug Martin honestly. He can be Tiki Barber except without all of the drama.

nygpolishpunk
03-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Scott and Ware aren't bruisers... we need a bruiser to run people over. Loved that about Jacobs early in his career.

heavyhitter
03-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Rather have Doug Martin honestly. He can be Tiki Barber except without all of the drama.<font size="2">That's who Doug Martin reminds me of is Tiki Barber. Tiki faced much better defenses in college though compared to Martin. </font>

bLuereverie
03-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Scott and Ware aren't bruisers... we need a bruiser to run people over. Loved that about Jacobs early in his career.

Early? He was still crushing people this year.

TuckYou
03-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Not going to happen. Reese likes picking RBs late. The only one Reese would take early is if some how Richardson slipped to us, which wont happen.

Snappinnecks
03-09-2012, 06:00 PM
It will either be a 7th round pick of rookie free agent.

Hooligans
03-09-2012, 06:02 PM

If the Giants draft a RB in the 2nd round there is no way they will re-sign Jacobs.......fact is that Jacobs is gone regardless of what the Giants do in freeagency and the draft.

ShakeNBake
03-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Everyone keeps forgetting about Andre Brown, I think he has a good shot at making the team

Redeyejedi
03-09-2012, 06:09 PM
This is a Good RB class if one of the Top 4 guys Miller,Martin or Wilson gets to the Giants they have to consider, I think its more likely a guy like Terrance Gannaway gets taken in the 5th round

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 06:20 PM

But they are on the roster. If we don't get some push out of the OLine this season we'll stay in the basement of running stats.

d7brad
03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
I would love Chris Polk out of Washington. He is a big tough back with speed to take it all the way. A complete player who was very productive in college. He should be available in the 2nd round.

Cody Fleener in the first!

nycsportzfan
03-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Not going to happen. Reese likes picking RBs late. The only one Reese would take early is if some how Richardson slipped to us, which wont happen. We haven't needed to take a RB is one reason we haven't gone a bit earlier on RB's in the recent past... Not to mention, this is a great RB class coming out.. Its not to say we won't wait, with guys like marc tyler, davin meggett, brandon bolden, and others possibly being around, but we have no idea how we'll figure out the RB positon, becuase its been rare we've needed a RB lately.. We did take Andre Brown in RD 4, which isnt to late in the draft...

JJC7301
03-09-2012, 10:59 PM

+1 I think we're drafting Miller too if he's there in the 2nd. Bring BJ back if he doesn't get some big contract by another team...even though some one will give him more money than we can afford.