PDA

View Full Version : Stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!

NJGenerals
03-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Bradshaw's feet should be known as "The Glass Slippers", because they're valuable, yet very fragile...

Why release Jacobs???

His 2nd half//playoff performance and Bradshaw's health issues were more than enough reason to keep him.

I usually support Reese, but I really don't like this move.

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!

MikeSherrard
03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
5 million for a back up RB is not good/smart business!

Hooligans
03-09-2012, 07:04 PM
Bradshaw's feet should be known as "The Glass Slippers", because they're valuable, yet very fragile...

Why release Jacobs???

His 2nd half//playoff performance and Bradshaw's health issues were more than enough reason to keep him.

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!

They released Jacobs because he sucks.....and he is much mor fragile than Bradshaw.

fletch842
03-09-2012, 07:08 PM

Why release Jacobs???

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!

They released Jacobs because he sucks.....and he is much mor fragile than Bradshaw.
They released Jacobs because of salary, plain and simple, no other reason.

bluesince86
03-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Im extremely grateful to Jacobs for everything he's done as a Giant. But as someone else said, the money he would cost for a backup isnt worth it. That and his tiptoeing at the line and not convert a 3 and short or 4th and short when he is 260lbs +...he's no longer the player he was a few years ago.

Bradsaw is one tough guy. Playing through the injuries he had isn't easy

TheEnigma
03-09-2012, 07:13 PM
He still might be with the team again. It depends on the interest of others though so we'll see.

Roswell777
03-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Completely agree with OP. Jacobs was a great Giant and deserved to retire as a Giant but its a business and if Peyton Manning can get cut then Brandon Jacobs can get cut.

But I will miss him. He had a fire about him that gave the whole offense a swagger.

NYG4lifeNYK
03-09-2012, 07:18 PM

Why release Jacobs???

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!

You're a moron never post again please

Redeyejedi
03-09-2012, 07:20 PM
They wanted him to take a pay cut. They were 500,000 dollars apart Jacobs said

TheBookOfEli
03-09-2012, 07:22 PM
He still has a few years but as a back up. And he's getting paid like a starter.

Thanks for the memories Jacobs.
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/551391/80595690.jpg

RoanokeFan
03-09-2012, 07:22 PM

Why release Jacobs???

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!

<font color="#0000FF">They released Jacobs because he sucks.....</font>and he is much mor fragile than Bradshaw.

4th leading franchise rusher and leads in rushing TDs and he sucks?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-09-2012, 07:41 PM

Why release Jacobs???

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!

<font color="#0000FF">They released Jacobs because he sucks.....</font>and he is much mor fragile than Bradshaw.

<font color="#FF0000">YES ROA... jeez don't you pay attention.. he sucks!</font>

dave56dj
03-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Bottom line Brandon was a very good back and set a tone with his pounding of defenders but you can't take a 4.4 million dollar cap hit for a second back - you never know though, he could always return after testing the market.

gian_18778
03-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Completely agree with OP. Jacobs was a great Giant and deserved to retire as a Giant but its a business and if Peyton Manning can get cut then Brandon Jacobs can get cut.

But I will miss him. He had a fire about him that gave the whole offense a swagger.

I watched the O-Line get tougher and nastier because of BJ.

bansaw
03-09-2012, 08:00 PM
good night sweet prince

redbeardxxv
03-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Why release Jacobs???

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!

You are hereby released from the GMB for the same reasons. Thanks for the insightful look inside your tiny mind. Go do your homework, it'll give you more time to play with your friends and watch cartoons tomorrow.

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Bradshaw's feet should be known as "The Glass Slippers", because they're valuable, yet very fragile... Why release Jacobs??? His 2nd half//playoff performance and Bradshaw's health issues were more than enough reason to keep him. I usually support Reese, but I really don't like this move. GODZILLA FOREVER!!! They released Jacobs because he sucks.....and he is much mor fragile than Bradshaw.

I like your style NYG!!!!

THEGUNITGAME
03-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Since the g men released jacobs, it needs to b said they should blow up the o line. Point blank. Tired of this weak o line that cant get a push n barely can protect eli. Its time.

Harooni
03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Nothing stupid about it. We can't keep paying 2 backs. A full time backs money. And AB will be fine. He is not that fragile.

LT_was_good
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
It had to be done, but I really believe he has something left in a tank. Maybe even 2-3 more productive years. He barely has 1,000 career carries.

Flip Empty
03-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Gonna miss him if he doesn't return. I agree with the decision to release him though.

Roswell777
03-09-2012, 08:44 PM

I watched the O-Line get tougher and nastier because of BJ.

Agreed.

JMFP2
03-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Nothing stupid about it. We can't keep paying 2 backs. A full time backs money. And AB will be fine. He is not that fragile.</P>

I liked Jacobs, and like Bradshaw.....but the Giants need a new #1 back. Whether that's Da'Rel Scott of someone higher in the draft, they need some fresh legs out there.</P>

Expecting Bradshaw to carry the load next year just isn't realistic. His feet will only get worse....and he's not a patient runner....he bounces out of the play too quickly.</P>

bearbryant
03-09-2012, 10:25 PM
This is a smart move on FO's part. BJ is a very good, servicable RB but not worth the $$$. Possibly, he returns. But regardless, we need another RB unless anyone believes Ware or Scott moves in!! I don't see that. Along with that, remodel the O line! We need a new sink, stove, hood and dishwasher

hungrrrry
03-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Bradshaw's feet should be known as "The Glass Slippers", because they're valuable, yet very fragile... Why release Jacobs??? His 2nd half//playoff performance and Bradshaw's health issues were more than enough reason to keep him. I usually support Reese, but I really don't like this move. GODZILLA FOREVER!!! <FONT color=#0000ff>They released Jacobs because he sucks.....</FONT>and he is much mor fragile than Bradshaw.

<FONT color=#ff0000>YES ROA... jeez don't you pay attention.. he sucks!</FONT>
He sucks now yes!!! We want to be cap-strapped so you can pay someone who was your hero at one point...sorry, I'd still give that money to LT, Strahan and even Toomer before I give hero money to Jacobs. Thats business and in this business, he sucks now...that is the blunt facts of it.

JJC7301
03-09-2012, 11:55 PM

Why release Jacobs???

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!

I don't think BJ sucks (no pun intended). I think the o-line has deteriated. AB did not put up #'s as good as usual this year, and it was not entirely because of his foot condition.

nYg24
03-09-2012, 11:58 PM
He's not worth the money they were paying him.

BigBlue1971
03-10-2012, 12:03 AM
Bradshaw's feet should be known as "The Glass Slippers", because they're valuable, yet very fragile... Why release Jacobs??? His 2nd half//playoff performance and Bradshaw's health issues were more than enough reason to keep him. I usually support Reese, but I really don't like this move. GODZILLA FOREVER!!!</P>

</P>

Jacobs played well for us but not well enough to warrant his current contract!</P>

imo thats the only reason hes not going to be with us. </P>

nonetheless he helped us win two rings and will always be remembered.</P>

iowagiant77
03-10-2012, 12:06 AM
I hope we give D. Scott a chance this year. You can't have that much speed on the sidelines.

FBomb
03-10-2012, 12:58 AM
Bradshaw's feet should be known as "The Glass Slippers", because they're valuable, yet very fragile... Why release Jacobs??? His 2nd half//playoff performance and Bradshaw's health issues were more than enough reason to keep him. I usually support Reese, but I really don't like this move. GODZILLA FOREVER!!! They released Jacobs because he sucks.....and he is much mor fragile than Bradshaw.

</P>

Posting hate filled stupidty is the only thing he does well. Let him have it. It's good for a chuckle.[:)]</P>

GIANTfaninFL
03-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Bradshaw's feet should be known as "The Glass Slippers", because they're valuable, yet very fragile... Why release Jacobs??? His 2nd half//playoff performance and Bradshaw's health issues were more than enough reason to keep him. I usually support Reese, but I really don't like this move. GODZILLA FOREVER!!!</P>

*</P>

Jacobs played well for us but not well enough to warrant his current contract!</P>

imo thats the only reason hes not going to be with us.* </P>

Thats about the only thing anybody can say about it.

He was getting paid too much.

I'm glad they cut him loose. We have an elite QB. Elite WRs. No use having so much $ tied up in the running game

miked1958
03-10-2012, 01:06 AM

Why release Jacobs???

GODZILLA FOREVER!!!Well let's see.... Shockey, Tiki, toomer, tyree, tabor, Mitchell, D. Ward, Robbins, strahan, plax, m. Pierce, Boss, SS, cofield. All players we had that were an important part of our team that either retired or left in FA. Some considered irreplaceable. Then you had guys like Goff, Hixon, TT, Sintum and others injuried for whole season.

In each case the Giants found a replacement at least as good or better ( Hixon is the exception, as we have not found anyone as good to return kicks) to step in and step up and make us forget the ones before them.

It won't be any different with BJ and MM and whoever else the Giants release. They will get the job done with guys that will step in and be clutch.

TrueBlue@NYC
03-10-2012, 01:13 AM

*</P>

I'm glad they cut him loose. We have an elite QB. Elite WRs. No use having so much $ tied up in the running game

Yep, this is definintly a business decision on the teams' part. But I still have hope that he ccould come back.

Over the past couple of seasons theres' been a number of RBs', some with pretty good resumes', that have gotten cut and had ALOT of trouble getting a team to pick them up.

The positions has devalued and teams are learning that the difference in production between the good ones isn't much different than that of the great ones, and you can find good ones anywhere in the draft.

I'll miss the physicality BJ brought to games, and you know it wore on defenses. But we'll be able to find a replacement

TrueBlue@NYC
03-10-2012, 01:13 AM

*</P>

Yep, this is definintly a business decision on the teams' part. But I still have hope that he ccould come back.

Over the past couple of seasons theres' been a number of RBs', some with pretty good resumes', that have gotten cut and had ALOT of trouble getting a team to pick them up.

The positions has devalued and teams are learning that the difference in production between the good ones isn't much different than that of the great ones, and you can find good ones anywhere in the draft.

I'll miss the physicality BJ brought to games, and you know it wore on defenses. But we'll be able to find a replacement

BillTheGreek
03-10-2012, 01:50 AM
Big Jake, will be missed, like when he use to carry 3 guys with him on a run , or when the defense tacklers bounced off him........He helped us win 2 Super Bowls , I wish him well...... Good Luck to you !

Lets hope his replacement measures UP !

MikeyMike01
03-10-2012, 02:07 AM
Better to cut him a year too early than a year too late.

miked1958
03-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Better to cut him a year too early than a year too late.That means we should have cut him last offseason. Lol

MrDenmark
03-10-2012, 07:26 AM
So it's time for DJ Ware and the kid alongside Bradshaw.

radar-ray
03-10-2012, 12:16 PM
So it's time for DJ Ware and the kid alongside Bradshaw.
Ware is mediocre at best.