PDA

View Full Version : Here's to a GREAT Giant

Morehead State
03-09-2012, 07:10 PM
On the day that Brandon Jacobs is no longer a Giant. I raise my glass to the guy who played his heart out, who worked his *** off, who was loved by him teammates, and who's attitude energized his teammates and the fans.</P>

You were a great Giant BJ. You will be missed by this Giants fan. One of my favorite players over the 45 years I've been a Giants fan. You were a key contributor to some of my greatest memories of Big Blue.</P>

You are a winner, a competitor and a great Giant. I wish you great success and especially great health after giving so much of yourself for our beloved team.</P>

God Bless # 27.</P>

GmenFan1980
03-09-2012, 07:17 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/killmeman/funnys/plus1.png

Great player, great person, great career. Was a true Giant :). Forever remember Bradon Jacobs

NY_Eli
03-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Agree 100%. He did a lot for this franchise, and earned those two rings. He had a great career with the gmen. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.

LT_was_good
03-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Cosigned. The play that keeps coming to mind is the blitz pick-up in the Super Bowl.

King Sully
03-09-2012, 07:27 PM
here here!

Roosevelt
03-09-2012, 07:35 PM
Great post Morehead.

The only thing I loved more than Jacob's passion was watching him roll over people.

I'm going to miss him, and I wish him well.

Thanks Brandon.

[B]

jomo
03-09-2012, 07:37 PM
On the day that Brandon Jacobs is no longer a Giant. I raise my glass to the guy who played his heart out, who worked his *** off, who was loved by him teammates, and who's attitude energized his teammates and the fans.</P>

You were a great Giant BJ. You will be missed by this Giants fan. One of my favorite players over the 45 years I've been a Giants fan. You were a key contributor to some of my greatest memories of Big Blue.</P>

You are a winner, a competitor and a great Giant. I wish you great success and especially great health after giving so much of yourself for our beloved team.</P>

God Bless # 27.</P>Amen [B]

Patton 20
03-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Great Post, He set a tone for the entire team. If he does sign with another team I hope we don't play them until 3-4 years from now. Otherwise we will have to tackle him

"20"

Eli TO Shockey
03-09-2012, 08:25 PM
BJ #27 forever a giant!

P_Simms_#11
03-09-2012, 08:27 PM
On the day that Brandon Jacobs is no longer a Giant. I raise my glass to the guy who played his heart out, who worked his *** off, who was loved by him teammates, and who's attitude energized his teammates and the fans.</p>

You were a great Giant BJ. You will be missed by this Giants fan. One of my favorite players over the 45 years I've been a Giants fan. You were a key contributor to some of my greatest memories of Big Blue.</p>

You are a winner, a competitor and a great Giant. I wish you great success and especially great health after giving so much of yourself for our beloved team.</p>

God Bless # 27.</p>

Amen brother!

JMFP2
03-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Agreed....huge Jacobs fan, and wish him the best.

Roswell777
03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
Already miss the big guy. One of the great Giants. I too have been a Giant fan 45 years and he was the most fun to watch of all the RBs.

Can't even imagine what it must be like to be a Colt fan and watch them cut Peyton.

giantyankee1976
03-09-2012, 08:45 PM
[B]

Thank you for scoring that TD in Jerry's House, then throwing the football at the "star" causing it to crack and fall down.

Thank you for that nasty TD dance this past Season where the Boys were once again victimized and you danced on the endzone star, capping it off with a "drizzle" shake

epic

hail B-Jake, a Giant for Life in my eyes !

(May he never end up a Skin, Boy or Bird)

bearbryant
03-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Thanx for giving this franchise ballzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It was guys like BJ that put a nasty 'tude on the map. It made guys on the other side of the ball to question their next move when BJ came at them. Regardless of what anyone says about any of his actions, he'll always have a special place in the history of the NY Giants!!!

G-Men Surg.
03-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Here, here !

YATittle1962
03-09-2012, 09:22 PM
hear hear

best of luck big 27

NYFan221
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
If he ever comes back to play in the meadowlands he will receive a warm welcoming!

NYG4lifeNYK
03-09-2012, 09:41 PM
On the day that Brandon Jacobs is no longer a Giant. I raise my glass to the guy who played his heart out, who worked his *** off, who was loved by him teammates, and who's attitude energized his teammates and the fans.</p>

You were a great Giant BJ. You will be missed by this Giants fan. One of my favorite players over the 45 years I've been a Giants fan. You were a key contributor to some of my greatest memories of Big Blue.</p>

You are a winner, a competitor and a great Giant. I wish you great success and especially great health after giving so much of yourself for our beloved team.</p>

God Bless # 27.</p>

Amen! [Y]

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/killmeman/funnys/plus1.png

egyptian420
03-09-2012, 09:42 PM
So many different plays I could thank him for that I won't even bother writing a novel..... [B]here's to one of the most distinguishable and special GIANT of all time (I mean that in every sense of the word)

bubblesmcgee
03-09-2012, 09:54 PM
A great giant. It'll be sad seeing him in anything but Giants blue.*

*insert joke about giants white and red unis here

frantlj
03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Running over LaRon Landry. Classic. A Great Giant who will be fondly remembered. Loved his passion and at his best, a monster runner. Wish him nothing but the best.

WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!

JJC7301
03-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Agree 100%. He did a lot for this franchise, and earned those two rings. He had a great career with the gmen. Best of luck to him wherever he goes.
+1. BJ's a great Giant and he brought a lot of positive, not-taking-any-crap attitude. Love the guy and I think it's a mistake if he's not on this roster in '12.

VegasGmen
03-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Good luck Brandon thanks for the memories! Now 2 of my favorite Giant players have departed with SS12 leaving last year.

BigBlue1971
03-09-2012, 11:24 PM
good luck BJ! you are a true Giant and you gave your all!</P>

i actually hope you reconsider the Giants offer to you and come back!</P>

</P>

Bohemian
03-09-2012, 11:49 PM
He is one of the best running backs to ever play for the Gmen. I believe that of all the running backs, he seemed to be the most reliable. A great leader and representative for the team. I did see him become more of a marginal player in the last couple of years, and can't say that I am all that surprised about his release. At the end of the day, he will be always be a Giant.

Kingb50
03-09-2012, 11:50 PM
I salute u Big fella!! You will be missed but neva forgotten. Keep on moving the pile and imposing your will on defenders (except if you play against ny) True Giant , the real meaning of BeatMode!! Wish u the Best

FBomb
03-09-2012, 11:55 PM
[B]

titwio
03-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the memories BJ..."We decapitated them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hV0LxR2SRM&feature=related)".

blueomaha
03-10-2012, 12:49 AM
even though i loved Rodney Hampton, you wore #27 well...BJ, always a NYG....

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Good thread, going to miss Brandon Jacobs.

Can't believe how many people hate him. As much times I called him the tip toe guy, I still think he was a great giant in his 7 years

LT_was_good
03-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Somebody with the talent and resources needs to put together a Brandon Jacobs career highlight video (unless one already exists).

Edit: Not that's he's retired, but assuming he doesn't come back to the Giants.

giantyankee1976
03-10-2012, 10:57 AM

Can't believe how many people hate him. As much times I called him the tip toe guy, I still think he was a great giant in his 7 years

same camp that hates Eli most likely...

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 11:06 AM

same camp that hates Eli most likely...

Right on the dot. I know some kid who was ranting on how bad Eli was last year and this year early in the season, saying he's a pansy and all that noise.

Then when he "let me know" that BJ is horrible, I said "arent you the same one ranting on how bad Eli was and how he was a pansy" meanwhile he was the toughest SOB this year especially in the playoffs.. he shut up

fourth&forever
03-10-2012, 11:08 AM
The heart of a New York lion. And if you've ever met him, a respectful gentleman to the fans.

SweetZombieJesus
03-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Little story...

In 2006 (2007, end of the 2006 season) I'm working in Allentown, PA with a bunch of Eagle fans and we're at a goodbye dinner for a guy leaving the company (he was a Steelers fan) and they all turn on me, the Giants fan, who just lost to the Eagles in the playoffs amidst Tiki Barber's retirement, and I remember saying, "Hey, Brandon Jacobs isn't chopped liver, we'll be OK." Not chopped liver, indeed, as we'd win the Super Bowl the next season.

Another in a long line of great Giants RBs.

plaxattack17
03-11-2012, 04:54 PM
he was true Blue, all heart. Thankyou Brandon

ShakeNBake
03-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Good luck Jacobs, you will forever be a Giant in my eyes

GameTime
03-11-2012, 09:50 PM
loved him most of the time</P>

not so much at other times</P>

But like most players that have ups and downs he always held himself accountable. He brought fire and in that regard some leadership. I hope AB is just as pumped to play without Jacobs being around.</P>

Good luck Brandon Jacobs....stay healthy and kick some ***. </P>

</P>

chasjay
03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Very well said. I can't improve on that. +1

Tuckit91
03-11-2012, 10:22 PM
I really wish there was a way the Giants and him could work something out so he can come back! I am a Brandon Jacobs fan!

Kruunch
03-12-2012, 08:07 AM
On the day that Brandon Jacobs is no longer a Giant.* I raise my glass to the guy who played his heart out, who worked his *** off, who was loved by him teammates, and who's attitude energized his teammates and the fans.</P>

You were a great Giant BJ.* You will be missed by this Giants fan.* One of my favorite players over the 45 years I've been a Giants fan.* You were a key contributor to some of my greatest memories of Big Blue.</P>

You are a winner, a competitor and a great Giant.* I wish you great success and especially great health after giving so much of yourself for our beloved team.</P>

God Bless # 27.</P>

Gonna miss the truckings.

gumby742
03-12-2012, 08:43 AM
hear hear. i'll still wear my #27 Jersey with pride. Heck, I still wear my Shockey jersey from time to time.

Redeyejedi
03-12-2012, 08:49 AM
hear hear

best of luck big 27I still believe it was in his best interest to stay. i dont see teams paying him more then the Giants.Deep RB class teams will most likely opt to go with Youth

buddy33
03-12-2012, 08:55 AM
hear hear

best of luck big 27I still believe it was in his best interest to stay. i dont see teams paying him more then the Giants.Deep RB class teams will most likely opt to go with Youth

I agree. Until he signs with someone else I still hold out hope he is on the team next year.

MattMeyerBud
03-12-2012, 09:10 AM
im taking names down of posters in this thread just so I can see their reaction if he goes to philly lol

BJacobs aka The Problem
03-12-2012, 09:19 AM
:(

G-Man67
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
thank you Brandon !!! you were true Blue and watching you destroy DBs and even some LBs never got old for me</P>

oh and you saved Eli's bacon a few times in pass protection ... good luck !!!</P>

alau53
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
thank you Brandon !!! you were true Blue and watching you destroy DBs and even some LBs never got old for me</P>

oh and you saved Eli's bacon a few times in pass protection ... good luck !!!</P>

jacobs is one of the best blocking backs in nfl today..giants were only 500k apart in bringing bj back..id hate to see one of these young rb's miss a block and gets eli creamed..eli's body is gumby like so he is very rubbery when he gets hit ..but i dont want him hit too much and bj was a reason he wasnt