PDA

View Full Version : Danny Amendola available for 2nd round pick

Hooligans
03-09-2012, 08:20 PM
The Rams put a 2nd round tender on Amendola, and if the Giants signed him, it would cost the 64th pick in the draft......he is certainly worth that as he is a Wes Welker clone. This would allow Victor Cruz to stay wide, and Ramses Barden to serve as the 4th WR. Its hard to suggest the Giants could do better with the 64th pick of the draft than Danny Amendola.

chasjay
03-09-2012, 08:32 PM
The Rams put a 2nd round tender on Amendola, and if the Giants signed him, it would cost the 64th pick in the draft......he is certainly worth that as he is a Wes Welker clone. This would allow Victor Cruz to stay wide, and Ramses Barden to serve as the 4th WR. Its hard to suggest the Giants could do better with the 64th pick of the draft than Danny Amendola.

This is not meant to be mean, though I'm sure it will come across that way, BUT Ramses Barden may have to serve pasta for a living instead of as our 4th WR if there aren't some positive developments with him this year.

I'm not discounting the Amendola idea, though - worth some thought, I think.

jomo
03-09-2012, 08:37 PM
The Rams put a 2nd round tender on Amendola, and if the Giants signed him, it would cost the 64th pick in the draft......he is certainly worth that as he is a Wes Welker clone. This would allow Victor Cruz to stay wide, and Ramses Barden to serve as the 4th WR. Its hard to suggest the Giants could do better with the 64th pick of the draft than Danny Amendola.I believe that Barden is behind both Jernigan and Thomas on the depth chart which makes him the 5th or 6th wide receiver which means his tenure here is iffy at best.

Flip Empty
03-09-2012, 08:39 PM
I think we're safe with Jernigan or (if he's re-signed) Devin Thomas.

Hooligans
03-09-2012, 09:14 PM

This is not meant to be mean, though I'm sure it will come across that way, BUT Ramses Barden may have to serve pasta for a living instead of as our 4th WR if there aren't some positive developments with him this year.

I'm not discounting the Amendola idea, though - worth some thought, I think.

No offense taken as I was being very optimistic about Barden. Remember the draft and free agency is jam packed with WRs.....it is NOT a good time to be a free agent WR in the NFL, but there are some guys worth looking at and Amendola is one of those guys. Remember the Giants wasted a 2nd round pick on Sinorice Moss to be the slot WR, and Amendola could come in and do it immediately. As to who is the 4th WR, I really don't care and wouldn't be surprised to see a rookie in that role.

GfieldGmen
03-10-2012, 10:57 AM
A 2nd rd pick is to much, but Amendola's return ability is off the charts. He was injury riddled last season though and only had one quality season to be asking for a 2nd rd pick especially with this draft class loaded with WRs.

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't want Amendola at all

TheEnigma
03-10-2012, 11:00 AM
The talent in the 2nd round is pretty good this year. I'd pass on this idea.

Dirt66
03-10-2012, 11:01 AM
No thanks on that one! Not worth a 2nd round pick. I'd rather see Thomas get a greater opportunity and keep the pick for OL or Defense.

Hooligans
03-10-2012, 11:12 AM
No thanks on that one! Not worth a 2nd round pick. I'd rather see Thomas get a greater opportunity and keep the pick for OL or Defense.
Please , Devin Thomas got cut from the Redskins and they don't have any WRs other than Moss. Thomas is also a free agent. Amendola has been among the league leaders in receptions, Thomas is lucky to be active on gameday.

barran21
JJ and Barden have to step up and replace Mario, right now we have more pressing needs and WR ain't one of them...

MikeIsaGiant
Please , Devin Thomas got cut from the Redskins and they don't have any WRs other than Moss. Thomas is also a free agent. Amendola has been among the league leaders in receptions, Thomas is lucky to be active on gameday.

But to give up a 2nd rounder? No

Harlem2va
03-10-2012, 11:35 AM
I hate to point out this fact but it's being overlooked by all the so-called football guru posting information on the board. You don't know what a player is capable of doing until he gets the reps and time on the field. The same people who are posted about Barden being a bum or can't play are the same who posted last year that Reese was stupid because he did't resign Smith or Boss. While I don't agree with every move our GM makes, I trust that he makes the best decision for the organization and I can live with that. So before people stay jumping off the cliff, lets allow the organizations to make some moves in FA and draft before we cry about what we need. The first game isn't until September, so please hold all complaints until preseason!!

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 11:36 AM
I hate to point out this fact but it's being overlooked by all the so-called football guru posting information on the board. You don't know what a player is capable of doing until he gets the reps and time on the field. The same people who are posted about Barden being a bum or can't play are the same who posted last year that Reese was stupid because he did't resign Smith or Boss. While I don't agree with every move our GM makes, I trust that he makes the best decision for the organization and I can live with that. So before people stay jumping off the cliff, lets allow the organizations to make some moves in FA and draft before we cry about what we need. The first game isn't until September, so please hold all complaints until preseason!!

So what's the point of posting on a MB if you can't speculate?

LT_was_good
03-10-2012, 11:39 AM
Only if Amendola also signed a 2nd-round rookie contract.

RoanokeFan
03-10-2012, 11:44 AM

We are in CAP hell now, despite Eli's restructuring and Jacob's departure in the first instance. Secondly, Barden hasn't been able to take advantage of his opportunities to the extent that an undrafted free agent named Cruz has leap frogged over him.

This organization builds through the draft and that's tough to do if you give your second round pick away. Barden as a # 4 is unlikely. We now have Hixon and Jernigan to do battle for # 3, the loser to be the # 4. Barden doesn't help on special teams either.

buddy33
03-10-2012, 11:44 AM
They drafted JJ last year.

Give him a chance.