PDA

View Full Version : Don't understand the criticism of the jacobs move.

GOBIGBLUE52
03-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Before I say anything, I'm a huge BJ fan and he was and is a great giant, despite his sometimes mouthy attitude (although what he said to Rex was great).

But really, last season was the worst of his career, he wasn't the same runner we had known for 5-6 years, I think his career is clearly on the downside. He wants to be paid as a starter but really, he is absolutely not an everydown back.

It stinks to see him go but I don't see why this is a bad move. Furthermore, he went out on top, which is the best way.

Bing Crosby
03-09-2012, 09:12 PM
I agree. Then again I never believed that we would be getting him back to begin with.

egyptian420
03-09-2012, 09:14 PM
He is not a feature back by any means, but him and Bradshaw were a good 1-2 punch. They both sucked last year because our o-line was terrible, but when the o-line played well, we were able to pound the rock.

He played better than Bradshaw in some games last season. It's sad to see him go but we all knew this would happen sooner or later. Mario will be the next to go.

Roswell777
03-09-2012, 09:20 PM
It's a shame they couldn't agree on the restructuring. He deserved to retire as a Giant.

bLuereverie
03-09-2012, 09:25 PM
People want to have their cake and eat it too. It takes money to maintain talent. Losing Jacobs is not as much as about him as it is about the other guys on roster needed to win another.

Players move around every year, so expect more of the threads in the future.

ebick
03-09-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm a huge BJ fan</P>

Me too..........oh wait, you meant.......</P>

bleedinblue27
03-09-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm a huge BJ fan</P>

Me too..........oh wait, you meant.......</P>
oh yeah i love BJ!! im a BJ fan for LIFE!!

MikeSherrard
03-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Anyone who criticizes simply doesn't understand the concept of return on your investment.

I love BJ, but paying a back up 5 million is not a smart business decision

GMen869007
03-09-2012, 10:23 PM
If we had run blocking he would've been much better.

NYFan221
03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I think this is a sign that no major moves will be made to enhance our O-Line. Lets face it, jacobs was at his best when he wouldn't meet a defender until he was 3-4 yards upfield. without that, he is not a good running back. Our current o-line cann't provide him with that, and so he is no longer an asset to the team.

Great Giant, Great player, and pushed the limits on what a running back was, sad to see him go, but i can't argue with the movie.

egyptian420
03-09-2012, 10:38 PM
It's a shame they couldn't agree on the restructuring. He deserved to retire as a Giant.
It's definitely sad to see him leave but he left on great terms and said some really positive things about the team. I expect nothing less than for him to rejoin the Giants for a one day contract so he can retire as a Giant.

JJC7301
03-10-2012, 12:06 AM
He is not a feature back by any means, but him and Bradshaw were a good 1-2 punch. They both sucked last year because our o-line was terrible, but when the o-line played well, we were able to pound the rock.

He played better than Bradshaw in some games last season. It's sad to see him go but we all knew this would happen sooner or later. Mario will be the next to go.

+1. It wasn't a mistake that we started running the ball better when Boothe was at Guard and Diehl was at LT. BJ may not be what he was, but the reason for the lack of production (and AB's lack of production).

Hope that we're going to spend the money saved on improving the o-line because if it doesn't improve then it does not matter who our RBs are -- our running game will still be grounded.