PDA

View Full Version : We should sign Dallas Clark

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2012, 08:28 PM
We have a need at TE and Clark would be a good fit for a couple years. Would also help in the passing game which might need another option if Manningham leaves

jgrangers11
03-09-2012, 08:46 PM
How much is Clark expected to make? I would guess he's out of our price range, especially considering his age. I'd much rather see us address the position in the draft.

Hooligans
03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
We have a need at TE and Clark would be a good fit for a couple years.* Would also help in the passing game which might need another option if Manningham leaves

Clark would injure himself reading this post...not a chance the Giants sign him.

bearbryant
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
No Way!!! They go for a more traditional 270 pounder who sets the edge and can also catch the ball. Our experiment with the Catch first TE with Beckum failed big time!

GiantRutgersFan
03-09-2012, 10:25 PM
No Way!!! They go for a more traditional 270 pounder who sets the edge and can also catch the ball. Our experiment with the Catch first TE with Beckum failed big time!

Clark is 6'1 250 pounds. He is significantly larger then Beckum. He also has a long NFL track record and isnt a rookie

jgrangers11
03-09-2012, 10:30 PM

Clark is 6'1 250 pounds.* He is significantly larger then Beckum.* He also has a long NFL track record and isnt a rookie

He's also missed 15 games over the past two seasons. He's not worth it unless he comes really cheap.

Cruz 4 Prez
03-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Agreed, our medical staff is working on too many TE's already.

Dirt66
03-10-2012, 09:57 AM
We need new TEs altogether! Ballard, slow already, coming off knee surgury, Pascoe, not good period. Our situation is bad. Don't think Clark is the answer either.

Pa_Gmen
03-10-2012, 10:30 AM
I like Pascoe, I think he will really surprise a lot of people if he gets a chance to really show what he has.

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 10:35 AM
I like Pascoe, I think he will really surprise a lot of people if he gets a chance to really show what he has.

I think he's pretty decent. He's not a #1 starting TE IMO though. Not someone I'd rely on all year long.

But I doubt Dallas Clark comes here

iowagiant77
03-10-2012, 10:41 AM
We need Clark. He can be a great threat on this team. And even if we draft a TE there is no way they start and produce right away. And even if Clark gets injured he can help out are other TEs.

JesseJames
03-10-2012, 10:47 AM
just take a look around the league and look at the production that teams with the really good TEs are getting, these guys are huge in the offense and before you say that the Giants don't use the TE in their offense I say they sure would if they had a really good one....

Diamondring
03-10-2012, 10:56 AM
No Way!!! They go for a more traditional 270 pounder who sets the edge and can also catch the ball. Our experiment with the Catch first TE with Beckum failed big time!So does that mean all tes like Bechum catch first are going to fail all of the time?

Diamondring
03-10-2012, 10:58 AM

I think he's pretty decent. He's not a #1 starting TE IMO though. Not someone I'd rely on all year long.

But I doubt Dallas Clark comes hereHe might not be a bad transition to the team because we have two other good receivers that should give Clark more on on one matchups wich I think he should be able to beat but then again, his age is the key.

Hooligans
03-10-2012, 11:07 AM
We have a need at TE and Clark would be a good fit for a couple years.* Would also help in the passing game which might need another option if Manningham leaves

Please - Clark is a porcelain doll that is hurt everyweek. The Giants will NEVER sign him.

jomo
03-10-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't think so, he doesn't have what we need anymore.