PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Trade Three First Round Picks And A Number Two For RG3.

George_Vreeland_Hill
03-10-2012, 02:50 AM
My God.
Washington gave up the house for RG3.
Three number one picks ('12, '13, '14) plus this year's number two.
That is crazy.
Anyway, get ready for RG3 twice a year.

Landshark
03-10-2012, 02:53 AM
This is hilarious... They never learn...

What's great is our Eagles gameplan will translate nicely to the skins now... Except the skins have even less talent...

I love Dan Snyder!

George_Vreeland_Hill
03-10-2012, 02:53 AM
If he is a bust, the Redskins will suck for many years.

RagTime Blue
03-10-2012, 02:57 AM

Sooooo, what do they have to lose?

DemandedAce
03-10-2012, 02:58 AM
The rams boards are absolutely giddy lol they are so happy they robbed the skins

Flip Empty
03-10-2012, 03:01 AM
The rams boards are absolutely giddy lol they are so happy they robbed the skins
I don't know what they're happy about, they get a high pick every year and still suck.

RagTime Blue
03-10-2012, 04:36 AM

I'm just glad Kafka didn't produce enough for the Eagles to dump him on Washington for a King's ransom.

myles2424
03-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Wow.......

nycsportzfan
03-10-2012, 06:52 AM
My God.
Washington gave up the house for RG3.
Three number one picks ('12, '13, '14) plus this year's number two.
That is crazy.
Anyway, get ready for RG3 twice a year.
They really gave up 2 1st's and a 2nd, becasue they obviously got the 2nd overall pick, which kinda cacel's out the 2012 first rder, because they've actually gotten a better pick.. I think its very smart, and if RG3 pans out, they will be a team to reckon with.. U put RG3 with Fred Davis, and Roy Helu, and they got a few young WR's as well, and watch out.. Not to mention, Santana Moss could have a Steve Smith type re-resurgance, like he did when Cam Newton became his QB.. I hate the fact they Got RG3.. I think the guys gonna be a beast..

nycsportzfan
03-10-2012, 06:55 AM
I'm with WALT on this one.. Its a great trade for both teams.. RG3 is a stud, and a complete QB... U can't win without a QB, and they got one with a tremendous upside, and can beat u through the air and with his feet... God, i hope he dosen't pan out!</P>

</P>

2012 NFL Free Agency: March 10 Updates

http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/redskinsb_logo.gif http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/ramsb_logo.gif
Redskins acquire No. 2 overall pick from Rams for No. 6 pick, two future first-rounders, future second-rounder
I don't usually like to say this, but this is a GREAT trade for both teams. The Redskins will finally have a franchise quarterback for the first time since Joe Theismann. Robert Griffin will be a stud, and he's well worth this price. Washington is now relevant again, and every NFC East team should be scared.

As for the Rams, they got what they should have received. Three firsts and a second, despite what the Browns may think, is the right price for a franchise quarterback. St. Louis will presumably pick Justin Blackmon, Riley Reiff or Morris Claiborne at No. 6.

Speaking of Cleveland, doesn't it seem comical that it didn't want to part with the No. 22 overall selection for Griffin? That sort of thinking is why the Browns haven't been in the playoffs since the 2002 campaign.
</P>

redbeardxxv
03-10-2012, 07:01 AM
*I'm with WALT on this one.. Its a great trade for both teams..* RG3 is a stud, and a complete QB...**** U can't win without a QB, and they got one with a tremendous upside, and can beat u through the air and with his feet...* God, i hope he dosen't pan out!</P>

*</P>

http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/redskinsb_logo.gif http://www.walterfootball.com/images/fball/ramsb_logo.gif
Redskins acquire No. 2 overall pick from Rams for No. 6 pick, two future first-rounders, future second-rounder
I don't usually like to say this, but this is a GREAT trade for both teams. The Redskins will finally have a franchise quarterback for the first time since Joe Theismann. Robert Griffin will be a stud, and he's well worth this price. Washington is now relevant again, and every NFC East team should be scared.

As for the Rams, they got what they should have received. Three firsts and a second, despite what the Browns may think, is the right price for a franchise quarterback. St. Louis will presumably pick Justin Blackmon, Riley Reiff or Morris Claiborne at No. 6.

Speaking of Cleveland, doesn't it seem comical that it didn't want to part with the No. 22 overall selection for Griffin? That sort of thinking is why the Browns haven't been in the playoffs since the 2002 campaign.
</P>

Yup since Theisman...... can't wait for JPP to break his leg.

nycsportzfan
03-10-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm with WALT on this one.. Its a great trade for both teams.. RG3 is a stud, and a complete QB... U can't win without a QB, and they got one with a tremendous upside, and can beat u through the air and with his feet... God, i hope he dosen't pan out!</P>

</P>

</P> Yup since Theisman...... can't wait for JPP to break his leg. Diffrence being, if u miss RG3 runs a 4.41 40, and is not a statue, and has a rocket arm to boot... As a diehard Giant fan, i'm not nieve enough to beleive this is a good thing... Sure, he could bust, but lets not act like RG3 isn't a huge plus for the Foreskins, and a great move on there part getting him..

Tommy_Ribs
03-10-2012, 07:44 AM
I will go on record as saying this is not a bad deal.

RG3 is literally everything you want in a QB. A potentially great QB is worth a lot.

Maybe they gave up one first round pick too many, but if Griffin can make an impact like Cam Newton did, the 'Skins will have gotten themselves a legit QB, and they have good people running the organization.

They can always trade back up into the first round if they have to.

The Skins also have cap room. Watch them go get a guy like Vincent Jackson.

This is a Great deal for the Rams too (Obviously).

bLuereverie
03-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Eh, had Landry Jones/Barkley not gone back to school, Griffin could fall to Washington or even Miami without trading up. Washington should put a bounty on those to when they finally make it to the pros.

michaelkhan3
03-10-2012, 09:03 AM
If you look at their last 3 first round picks and think they might miss on talent like that in the future than it doesn't look like good business for them. They've got 2 very good players and one pretty good one in the last 3 first round picks and they haven't really got much from their other picks.

Their record with free agents also doesn't make good reading for them either.

bansaw
03-10-2012, 09:22 AM
lolskins

NYGRealityCheck
03-10-2012, 12:05 PM
A possible salary-capped franchise QB for the Redskins.

A great chance for the Rams to build their team on salary-capped talent for the next 3 years or gaining some trade value with those picks.

Ovbiously, the Redskins took a much bigger risk here while the Rams just fell 4 spots and also gained a bunch of valuable picks.

Advantage: Rams...

fourth&forever
03-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm tickled they gave up so much.
Go Rams.

jomo
03-10-2012, 12:21 PM
This is hilarious... They never learn... What's great is our Eagles gameplan will translate nicely to the skins now... Except the skins have even less talent... I love Dan Snyder!He is the gift that keeps on giving.

Morehead State
03-10-2012, 12:36 PM
I guess I'm the lone dissenter here but I think its a great move for the Skins. We've seen how valuable a franchise QB is. This kid is special. Plus he's a really good kid. He has as good a chance as any to make it big in the NFL.</P>

I would expect to see a Skins ressurgence in the NFC East. I would have been very happy to see him go the Cleveland.</P>

Great trade for the Rams of course because they didn't need a QB. Its a win/win deal as far as I'm concerned.</P>

gmen0820
03-10-2012, 12:39 PM
I think the biggest winner in the NFL yesterday was the Jets. They got an elite QB extended for 3 more years!

giantyankee1976
03-10-2012, 01:13 PM

Sooooo, what do they have to lose?

LOL, how true.

But can you blame the Skids?

I love how that Chimp fan goes the Eagirls route with "moral victories of his team sweeping the Giants this past Season.

Yet our Team wins the Super Bowl. LOL

How's that "moral victory" thing working out for the Skids and Eagimps fans ???

I think the biggest winner in the NFL yesterday was the Jets. They got an elite QB extended for 3 more years!

LOL, unbelievable.

In Sanchez they trust I guess.

Kinda feel bad for the jets fans...

Bumm
03-10-2012, 01:25 PM
High price to pay but Griffin will cause the Gmen fits for years to come. Skins are pretty much set at most other positions, they just need a franchise QB. The guy's a barnburner who runs a 4.38, no way the LB's can keep up with him.

gmen0820
03-10-2012, 01:28 PM
High price to pay but Griffin will cause the Gmen fits for years to come. Skins are pretty much set at most other positions, they just need a franchise QB. The guy's a barnburner who runs a 4.38, no way the LB's can keep up with him.That's why we play big nickel sets with guys like Boley, Jock Williams, KP and Rolle. We can keep up with any QB.

jomo
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I guess I'm the lone dissenter here but I think its a great move for the Skins. We've seen how valuable a franchise QB is. This kid is special. Plus he's a really good kid. He has as good a chance as any to make it big in the NFL.</P>

I would expect to see a Skins ressurgence in the NFC East. I would have been very happy to see him go the Cleveland.</P>

Great trade for the Rams of course because they didn't need a QB. Its a win/win deal as far as I'm concerned.</P>All of what you say about RG3 is true but it is hard to swim upstream against an eratic owner.

Morehead State
03-10-2012, 04:48 PM

Great trade for the Rams of course because they didn't need a QB. Its a win/win deal as far as I'm concerned.</P>

All of what you say about RG3 is true but it is hard to swim upstream against an eratic owner.</P>

Honestly the owner had given up his nonsense several years ago. Shanahan runs the show now.</P>

Flip Empty
03-10-2012, 07:50 PM
The trade is comparable to the one the Giants made for Eli. The Skins wanted their guy and did what was necessary to land him. I just hope this doesn't work out as well as the Eli trade.

gumby742
03-12-2012, 10:01 AM
The trade is comparable to the one the Giants made for Eli. The Skins wanted their guy and did what was necessary to land him. I just hope this doesn't work out as well as the Eli trade.</P>

The skins gave up far more I believe. If I were the Rams I would have pissed in my pants out of pure joy.</P>

Flip Empty
03-12-2012, 10:51 AM
The trade is comparable to the one the Giants made for Eli. The Skins wanted their guy and did what was necessary to land him. I just hope this doesn't work out as well as the Eli trade.</P>

The skins gave up far more I believe. If I were the Rams I would have pissed in my pants out of pure joy.</P>
Yeah, a bit more; the Redskins were obviously desperate. The Rams better do something with those picks. If they didn't have to carry Sam Bradford's mammoth contract they could've swiped Drew Brees from the Saints.