PDA

View Full Version : Joseph Addai anyone?

GMENAGAIN
03-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Hate to be one of those posters that creates a thread about every new FA, but this one could make some sense.</P>

Could be an interesting pick up at the right price . . . .</P>

WR4Life
03-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Hate to be one of those posters that creates a thread about every new FA, but this one could make some sense.</P>

Could be an interesting pick up at the right price . . . .</P>

Decent back when healthy. Probably could be better with a team that runs more effectively than the Colts. But the key thing is "when healthy". The guy is always hurt.

Blue daddy
03-10-2012, 08:27 AM
No thanks we need a young stud not a beat up under size RB.

Tommy_Ribs
03-10-2012, 09:41 AM
No thanks - he's hurt ALL of the time.

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 09:53 AM
NO to Addai

radar-ray
03-10-2012, 10:13 AM
NO to Addai Plus 1.

TheEnigma
03-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Rather draft my own RB's than pick up any in FA.

RoanokeFan
03-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Has everyone given up on Da'Rel Scott?

TheEnigma
03-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Who? Oh, he's a 7th round pick so he's going to be a total waste!

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Seems like it, I can't wait to see what happens with him in the offseason. I can see him being a productive piece to this offense

LT_was_good
03-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Not to mention Andre Brown, who may have actually contributed more this past season than Scott had he made the team. The Giants just knew they couldn't stash Scott on the practice squat like they could Brown. I'm excited to see both of these guys next year.

gmen0820
03-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I'd take him. I wanted him last year of we couldn't resign Bradshaw and the Giants were in pursuit of him had Bradshaw not lowered his demands.

He has great hand out of the back field, solid speed, and he can shine on a team like ours that features a FB (one that will probably become very good).

JesseJames
03-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I think Addai running behind our offensive line would be useless, if Brandon couldn't do it neither can Addai...

Martyr
03-10-2012, 11:08 AM
That guy couldnt run when Peyton was the qb

Diamondring
03-10-2012, 11:15 AM
I'd take him. I wanted him last year of we couldn't resign Bradshaw and the Giants were in pursuit of him had Bradshaw not lowered his demands.

He has great hand out of the back field, solid speed, and he can shine on a team like ours that features a FB (one that will probably become very good).A back who can do more things is needed but I think we should pass though. I thought that he would be a good transition to the team but some posters said he had injury issues.

gmen0820
03-10-2012, 11:16 AM
That guy couldnt run when Peyton was the qbNot many could if your OL was bottom 10 in the league since 2008 in terms of run blocking.

Personally, I feel our OL will be fine next year with a healthy Baas and Snee, a full year Boothe, a healthy competition between Beatty and Diehl and the competition winner at RT.

jomo
03-10-2012, 11:17 AM
It does make a good ompact on the subject like:</P>

Addai is our guy! [:D]</P>

Unfotunately he's not the same guy he was a few years ago.</P>

</P>

Diamondring
03-10-2012, 11:18 AM
That guy couldnt run when Peyton was the qbNot many could if your OL was bottom 10 in the league since 2008 in terms of run blocking.

Personally, I feel our OL will be fine next year with a healthy Baas and Snee, a full year Boothe, a healthy competition between Beatty and Diehl and the competition winner at RT.Can the man catch the ball and does ge get open. How about his blocking? If all of those are in place, then he is our third down back.

Diamondring
03-10-2012, 11:19 AM
It does make a good ompact on the subject like:</P>

Addai is our guy! [:D]</P>

Unfotunately he's not the same guy he was a few years ago.</P>

*</P>Oh, forget it then.

gmen0820
03-10-2012, 11:47 AM

Personally, I feel our OL will be fine next year with a healthy Baas and Snee, a full year Boothe, a healthy competition between Beatty and Diehl and the competition winner at RT.Can the man catch the ball and does ge get open. How about his blocking? If all of those are in place, then he is our third down back.Solid pass blocker, solid reciever (ran a lot of routes out of the backfield in Indy), just can he stay healthy? I think he can, he has really only had lingering type injuries, not like serious knee surgeries.

Not to mention, he ran a lot of draws in Indy, that was their run game. He didn't often line up and run. One game of note he did that, was vs. NYG in 2010, and he succeeded. So draw your own conclusion.

I think he comes cheap, I mean Ronnie Brown only went for 1 year 1 million last year. Danny Ware is making a million, and I think Addai could be a better draw runner, just as good a pass blocker and a better reciever for about the same price.

giantsfan420
03-10-2012, 11:54 AM

Personally, I feel our OL will be fine next year with a healthy Baas and Snee, a full year Boothe, a healthy competition between Beatty and Diehl and the competition winner at RT.Can the man catch the ball and does ge get open. How about his blocking? If all of those are in place, then he is our third down back.Solid pass blocker, solid reciever (ran a lot of routes out of the backfield in Indy), just can he stay healthy? I think he can, he has really only had lingering type injuries, not like serious knee surgeries.

Not to mention, he ran a lot of draws in Indy, that was their run game. He didn't often line up and run. One game of note he did that, was vs. NYG in 2010, and he succeeded. So draw your own conclusion.

I think he comes cheap, I mean Ronnie Brown only went for 1 year 1 million last year. Danny Ware is making a million, and I think Addai could be a better draw runner, just as good a pass blocker and a better reciever for about the same price.

it sounds like he'd just be the ware type rb in our rb by committee, doesn't seem like he's that much better than ware where it'd make sense to cut him and sign addai. we don't need that kind of role rb, we need a guy that could match jacobs production and what he did. addai doesn't strike me as that kind of back.

i'd bet we draft a guy in one of the first three rounds...

gmen0820
03-10-2012, 12:01 PM

it sounds like he'd just be the ware type rb in our rb by committee, doesn't seem like he's that much better than ware where it'd make sense to cut him and sign addai. we don't need that kind of role rb, we need a guy that could match jacobs production and what he did. addai doesn't strike me as that kind of back.

i'd bet we draft a guy in one of the first three rounds...I think worst case scenario he's an improvement over Ware.

I think he can fill Jacobs' void and even start if Bradshaw gets hurt. I mean if there's a Lamar Miller or David Wilson in the second, they are enticing, but if there is also a solid OL guy in the second, I'm not so sure I wouldn't prefer the OL guy + a FA running back instead. Either way, the rich get richer in a sense.

giantsfan420
03-10-2012, 01:34 PM

i'd bet we draft a guy in one of the first three rounds...I think worst case scenario he's an improvement over Ware.

I think he can fill Jacobs' void and even start if Bradshaw gets hurt. I mean if there's a Lamar Miller or David Wilson in the second, they are enticing, but if there is also a solid OL guy in the second, I'm not so sure I wouldn't prefer the OL guy + a FA running back instead. Either way, the rich get richer in a sense.

yeah i see what ur saying. but, although miller really has only had one stand out year in college, I think he can transition to the nfl level pretty quickly and be a legitimate back.

but i wouldnt be opposed to taking a solid OL guy in the 2nd if Miller was there and just getting a FA RB...just don't know if Addai would be my choice.

gmen0820
03-10-2012, 01:39 PM

yeah i see what ur saying. but, although miller really has only had one stand out year in college, I think he can transition to the nfl level pretty quickly and be a legitimate back.

but i wouldnt be opposed to taking a solid OL guy in the 2nd if Miller was there and just getting a FA RB...just don't know if Addai would be my choice.Hillis? He should come cheap with his performance last year.

giantsfan420
03-10-2012, 01:43 PM

but i wouldnt be opposed to taking a solid OL guy in the 2nd if Miller was there and just getting a FA RB...just don't know if Addai would be my choice.Hillis? He should come cheap with his performance last year.

well to be honest, I'd defer my judgement on the RB's to a guy like you. Your a better talent evaluator than me in most cases. I just don't know if I'm sold on Addai, or even Hillis really. but if you say either one of those guys could get it done I'd be all for it. But then again, if it was between Addai/Hillis and drafting Lamar Miller, I'd personally just rather Miller.
We'll see how FA is a month deep, if a guy like Bush is still available and in our price range, he could be a guy I think could come in and be a solid contributor. A lot of people are saying Tolbert, but I don't know, I just don't see it with him...

GMENAGAIN
03-10-2012, 04:09 PM

Not to mention Andre Brown, who may have actually contributed more this past season than Scott had he made the team. The Giants just knew they couldn't stash Scott on the practice squat like they could Brown. I'm excited to see both of these guys next year.
</P>

andre brown . . . not a single NFL team thought that he was good enough for their 53 man roster (including us) and you think that he is going to make an impact next year?????</P>

calzonesays
03-10-2012, 04:45 PM

</p>

andre brown . . . not a single NFL team thought that he was good enough for their 53 man roster (including us) and you think that he is going to make an impact next year?????</p>

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/mbkb/2009-10/photos/BKM_0910_Lin_Jeremy_BC_054.jpg?max_width=650

different sport, but I digress.

Bohemian
03-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Clearly a RB who has been on the decline from early in his career. I say, no.