PDA

View Full Version : Jared Gaither - Free agent OT

netplus
03-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Pro Football Focus lists him as the top free agent OT available. Possible Kareem replacement? He's only 26. 6'9" 350lbs.

"After missing all of 2010, a false start penalty for Kansas City likely got the career of Gaither back on track, as the Chiefs cut him and he flourished at the end of the year in San Diego. The character and health concerns are there, but if you can look past that, you’re planting your eyes on a Top 5 left tackle."

paul007
03-10-2012, 12:05 PM
That's a big dude at 6'9" and 350 lbs. Is he agile?
Def worth a look.

gmen0820
03-10-2012, 12:12 PM
That's a big dude at 6'9" and 350 lbs. Is he agile?
Def worth a look.He should be staying with the Chargers, but his back and motivation concerns me. When the kid is on, he is on. Let's not forget that this kid was touted as Jonathan Ogden's successor at a point and looked to be the next Ogden.

He played well down the stretch for SD, so I expect him to stay there since McNeil was waived. If not, I'd take him on a Shawn Andrews type deal.

TheEnigma
03-10-2012, 12:16 PM
I'd be ecstatic if we could somehow pick him up since we will need depth at Tackle regardless but even the Lord of No Rings realizes he's a keeper at this point in his career.