PDA

View Full Version : CUTTING/RELEASING JACOBS WAS A STUPID MOVE

NYGiantsFan56
03-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Now that I heard the all financiial terms of why Jacobs was cut, I firmly believe that cutting Jacobs was a stupid move. Jerry Reese made a bad move. Here is why.</P>

1. It is true Jacobs productivity is on the decline and it is probably safe to say this may have been his last productive year, but there is more to a player like him than full productivity. He was a true force on and off the field. </P>

2. I am a firm beliver that if you want to repeat as Champs you need to keep key players like Jacobs who got you there. He was one of thetrue leader who lit the fire when it needed to be lit. He deserved to go out a Giant. Reminds me of what they did to Simms. Didn't like that either and still don't. I also don't like with whats going on with Blackburn</P>

3. Despite his decline in overall productivity, he was still a good blocker and still played proficient eneough to resign for 2 million. The guy could still play. he gave money back last year to resign Bradshaw and now they stick it to him.</P>

4. Who is going to take his place? Danny Ware? LOL Darrel Scott? Maybe. Bradshaw is never 100% and now we have a weakness that must be addressed through the draft or free agency. We have other needs and now this just complicates matters</P>

5. Sorry, as much as I think Jerry Reese gets it right 9 out of 10 times, I cannot drink the kool-aid on this one. Reese messed up this one.</P>

ashaddyt2269
03-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Jacobs was a joke and he asked to be let go because he didnt like what the Gmen offered. The guy will be lucky to be in the league in a year or two, way overrated. Nuf Said!

TheEnigma
03-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Reese is betting on other teams passing on an 8 year RB that has maybe a year or two left in the tank. I'm not picturing many teams will want to sign Jacobs when they can just draft their own RB's with little wear and tear in the draft.

bflo23
03-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I have been Jacobs biggest defender here but I can't fault the Giants letting him go. Even though I blame the offensive line for the struggling rushing game this season, I also see the decline of Jacobs with his speed and power. So he is declining and will only get worse, cost expensive $2 million and is 30 YEARS OLD and we all know what happens when RBs are even lucky enough to even reach 30 years old and play in the NFL.

I think the Giants can get a much cheaper and just as productive RB in the draft as a 30 year old version Jacobs. Nothing wrong with giving Ware a chance as he has 4 yards per rush in his career and had 27 receptions just this season which is pretty good for a 3rd RB that doesn't play much.

BeatYale
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Now that I heard the all financiial terms of why Jacobs was cut, I firmly believe that cutting Jacobs was a stupid move. Jerry Reese made a bad move. Here is why.</P>

1. It is true Jacobs productivity is on the decline and it is probably safe to say this may have been his last productive year, but there is more to a player like him than full productivity. He was a true force on and off the field. </P>

2.* I am a firm beliver that if you want to repeat as Champs you need to keep key players like Jacobs who got you there. He was one of the*true leader who lit the fire when it needed to be lit. He deserved to go out a Giant. Reminds me of what they did to Simms. Didn't like that either and still don't. I also don't like with whats going on with Blackburn</P>

3. Despite his decline in overall productivity, he was still a good blocker and still played proficient eneough to resign for 2 million. The guy could still play. he gave money back last year to resign Bradshaw and now they stick it to him.</P>

4. Who is going to take his place? Danny Ware? LOL Darrel Scott? Maybe. Bradshaw is never 100% and now we have a weakness that must be addressed through the draft or free agency. We have other needs and now this just complicates matters</P>

5. Sorry, as much as I think Jerry Reese gets it right 9 out of 10 times, I cannot drink the kool-aid on this one. Reese messed up this one.</P>

On the field he was amazing during his first few seasons, but after signing his big contract his running style changed. Then he was sorta made fun of by the media and fans for being a big guy who preferred to avoid contact around the LOS.

He was a good blocker, I agree.

I disagree with him being any kind of a significant force/leader off the field. He was a PR nightmare. He didn't know when to shut up and when he did speak it was a lot of BS that should have never been said - like when he threatened to retire if he didn't improve his play. Or when he cried publicly about wanting more carries not considering how it affects the locker room - particularly the other RB's who aren't airing their dirty laundry in the media. A good leader knows how to deal with the media. Just because he barks a lot on camera, doesn't mean he's some kind of driving force for our offense on game day.

As for his replacement, I agree with you that there's uncertainty. However, I don't think Ware or Scott should be laughed at. Do we really know they are that bad? Plus there's no telling who replaces him - I like the idea of developing a rookie. Maybe someone who can split carries with Bradshaw during his first season.

NYGiantsFan56
03-10-2012, 12:32 PM
Jacobs was a joke and he asked to be let go because he didnt like what the Gmen offered. The guy will be lucky to be in the league in a year or two, way overrated. Nuf Said!</P>

To call Jacobs a joke shows you know nothing about Giants Football. The guy was still a performer according to Coach Coughlin. It was a finacial numbers game. How long have you been a Giants Fan? A month?You do not know what you are talking about. Now Nuf Said!!!!</P>

NYGiantsFan56
03-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Reese is betting on other teams passing on an 8 year RB that has maybe a year or two left in the tank. I'm not picturing many teams will want to sign Jacobs when they can just draft their own RB's with little wear and tear in the draft.</P>

Hopefully they will resign him when they get all there cap numbers settled and see how much they really have to play with. I hope you are right.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Jacobs was a joke and he asked to be let go because he didnt like what the Gmen offered. The guy will be lucky to be in the league in a year or two, way overrated. Nuf Said!</P>

To call Jacobs a joke shows you know nothing about Giants Football. The guy was still a performer according to Coach Coughlin. It was a finacial numbers game. How long have you been a Giants Fan? A month?*You do not know what you are talking about. Now Nuf Said!!!!</P>

Agree, not sure why there are so many brandon jacob haters.

The guy was a giant for awhile and he did what he had to do.

To be fair, I don't think we need him much anymore unless for real cheap. I'm sure there are other teams out there that could pay him a little more and use him

Giantz4Life
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
It's ridiculous the amount of celebrating going on in relation to the cutting of Jacobs.

i truly do not understand it. Some fans are really clueless.

Meanhothead
03-10-2012, 01:31 PM
It was a fiscal decision . . that had to be done.

giantsfan420
03-10-2012, 01:40 PM
will it be a stupid move if we re-sign him for cheaper than 2 mil?

i didnt want Jacobs going nowhere.

the only thing I cant fathom is that the difference between both sides was 500,000...really? neither party was willing to just deal with the 500,000 loss? I think the Giants may not have even had that 500,000 and plan to use it on a guy like Cruz or something...

once FA starts and we get a month into it, we'll see how the Jacobs situation concludes, just bc we released him doesnt mean the situation is over...

Bohemian
03-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Jacobs was a joke and he asked to be let go because he didnt like what the Gmen offered. The guy will be lucky to be in the league in a year or two, way overrated. Nuf Said!

Wow. Tell us how you really feel... please have some tact. I am in agreement, Jacobs was on his way out. But he became a favorite for all of us. I believe that the average NFL career is 4 to 5 years, so he has paid his due. Jacobs has proven to be a reliable closer in the red zone, but that is not enough to think that he is un-replaceable. With a coach like Coughlin, you can be sure that leaders will rise out of the coming roster.

I have always liked Jacobs, but the elephant was in the room for the last couple of seasons, as the team increasingly became pass-happy.

ELI_Iz_God
03-10-2012, 01:58 PM

2.* I am a firm beliver that if you want to repeat as Champs you need to keep key players like Jacobs who got you there. He was one of the*true leader who lit the fire when it needed to be lit. He deserved to go out a Giant. Reminds me of what they did to Simms. Didn't like that either and still don't. I also don't like with whats going on with Blackburn</P>

So by keeping him we can consistently be the worst overall run game in the nfl? Not sure how that helps us. I think retaining Manningham is a LOT more important than keeping Jacobs.

Redeyejedi
03-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Who is going to pay him more then the Giants were, I dont see him getting more then a 1.5 For the season. He was better off taking what the Giants offered. I wouldnt be shocked if no one signs him

BigBlue1971
03-10-2012, 02:15 PM
It was a fiscal decision . . that had to be done.</P>

</P>

<FONT size=4>^this!</FONT></P>

FBomb
03-10-2012, 02:57 PM
It was a fiscal decision . . that had to be done.</P>

</P>

<FONT size=4>^this!</FONT></P>

</P>

Exactly......not sure why there are so many posters questioningReese NOR do I understand why there are so many posters bashing BJ.</P>

</P>

jakegibbs
03-10-2012, 03:02 PM

When nobody picks him up he'll be back & JR will welcome him with open arms & a few bucks.

NJAquaman
03-10-2012, 03:48 PM
I never cared for twinkle toes.....he had some ugly moments....he was tackled by the turf many times...and ran into the rear end of the OL very often....

But I thank BJ for the few smash mouth Highlights, many TD's, a couple of great wheel route catches and appearing to give props to Bradshaw....

Good luck big fella.....

Master-Soda
03-10-2012, 06:24 PM

Football is a cold business, but lets face it, it has to be. 53 man roster, every mil counts.

I don't even think it was purely a money thing, I felt like it was time to move on to a new stage for our runningbacks.

The fact is Jacobs is no where near the force he was a few years ago. And RBs life span in football is so short, they rarely ever return to form as they age, it only gets worse.

To me, I've seen Jacobs too many times come up short on short yardage situations, when all would want to see is him lower his shoulders and bull throw. His dance in the endzone is an eye sore to watch...and we just won the Superbowl without the benefit of a running game.

I think as fans, we put WAY too much feelings into these decisions, when you actually have to stand back, and see that Jacobs just isn't as effective anymore. Younger RBs will hit the holes when they're available and explode for more yardage. Those came too few and far between for Jacobs, and for a few years now.

To say he messed up this one without seeing who he picks up in the draft is really a joke in my opinion. Teams pick up RBs in rounds 2-5 that end up being effective all the time. Remember, Jacobs himself was a 4th round draft pick.

I would say relax a little bit. Everyone wanted to kill Reese after not signing Boss and SS...but we have another Superbowl to show for it. I think he's earned our trust.

truebluefanatic
03-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Just about the money. Good luck to him. Brandon Jacobs, 265 pounds of Touchdowns!

netplus
03-10-2012, 07:04 PM
It amazes me how many people criticize Jacobs for not converting short yardage aften enough. Most knowledgable Giant fans already know this from just watching the games, but our OL was rated 4rth worst this year in run blocking. Put him behind a better OL and I still think he has enough left in the tank for 15 carries a game. He had 19 carries for 101 yards and 2 TD's at Dallas to start the 8 game winning streak.

Brandon Jacobs was a great Giant and will be missed.

Harooni
03-10-2012, 07:08 PM
we had to make budget cuts. Reese made the right move.

NYGiantsFan56
03-10-2012, 07:15 PM
we had to make budget cuts. Reese made the right move.
</P>

Just hope he comes back for a price we can afford. not happy about him being cut. He still has gas in his tank and with a improved Offensive Line I see we are building for next year he may suprise a few of his haters. He is a proven commodity and he still blocks good for ELI. Just seems like a bad move but hopefully he will be back for the right price.</P>

BlueSanta
03-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Now that I heard the all financiial terms of why Jacobs was cut, I firmly believe that cutting Jacobs was a stupid move. Jerry Reese made a bad move. Here is why.</p>

1. It is true Jacobs productivity is on the decline and it is probably safe to say this may have been his last productive year, but there is more to a player like him than full productivity. He was a true force on and off the field. </p>

2. I am a firm beliver that if you want to repeat as Champs you need to keep key players like Jacobs who got you there. He was one of thetrue leader who lit the fire when it needed to be lit. He deserved to go out a Giant. Reminds me of what they did to Simms. Didn't like that either and still don't. I also don't like with whats going on with Blackburn</p>

3. Despite his decline in overall productivity, he was still a good blocker and still played proficient eneough to resign for 2 million. The guy could still play. he gave money back last year to resign Bradshaw and now they stick it to him.</p>

4. Who is going to take his place? Danny Ware? LOL Darrel Scott? Maybe. Bradshaw is never 100% and now we have a weakness that must be addressed through the draft or free agency. We have other needs and now this just complicates matters</p>

5. Sorry, as much as I think Jerry Reese gets it right 9 out of 10 times, I cannot drink the kool-aid on this one. Reese messed up this one.</p>

Nowhere in your post do you recignzie his almost $5 million contract, which is why he was released.

Thats the difference between you and Reese, he has to weigh cost into production whereas you just look at production.

$5 mil is an awful lot for 8 carries a game and no contribution to special teams.

giantsfan39
03-10-2012, 08:57 PM
It was a fiscal decision . . that had to be done.</p>

</p>

<font size="4">^this!</font></p>

Sorry Jacobs is not a core player. On offense alone Eli, Nicks, Cruz and Bradshaw are more important and arguably snee and beatty.

Big Blue 418
03-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Th I questioned all the Giants moves last season , and I like most here came to eat crow .... I think 2 super bowls in 5 years gives Reese a vote in confidence Really with the cap situation it was move that had to be made . The Giants will find a running back within or a mid round draft pick . This is what they do well . We don't need to make splashy signings like the Eagles

FlyingTruck
03-10-2012, 10:54 PM
All of you cry and complain when we release a player and the next season no one even remembers to miss that player. We'll be fine.

Rich4114
03-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Is someone else going to give Jacobs a guaranteed $5m this season? Pretty sure they're not. What would've been better is an agreement to get him to go look for the best deal and give the Giants a chance to match. He knows this is all about the salary cap (or at least I hope he does).

radar-ray
03-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Now that I heard the all financiial terms of why Jacobs was cut, I firmly believe that cutting Jacobs was a stupid move. Jerry Reese made a bad move. Here is why.</p>

1. It is true Jacobs productivity is on the decline and it is probably safe to say this may have been his last productive year, but there is more to a player like him than full productivity. He was a true force on and off the field. </p>

2.* I am a firm beliver that if you want to repeat as Champs you need to keep key players like Jacobs who got you there. He was one of the*true leader who lit the fire when it needed to be lit. He deserved to go out a Giant. Reminds me of what they did to Simms. Didn't like that either and still don't. I also don't like with whats going on with Blackburn</p>

3. Despite his decline in overall productivity, he was still a good blocker and still played proficient eneough to resign for 2 million. The guy could still play. he gave money back last year to resign Bradshaw and now they stick it to him.</p>

4. Who is going to take his place? Danny Ware? LOL Darrel Scott? Maybe. Bradshaw is never 100% and now we have a weakness that must be addressed through the draft or free agency. We have other needs and now this just complicates matters</p>

5. Sorry, as much as I think Jerry Reese gets it right 9 out of 10 times, I cannot drink the kool-aid on this one. Reese messed up this one.</p>

Nowhere in your post do you recignzie his almost $5 million contract, which is why he was released.

Thats the difference between you and Reese, he has to weigh cost into production whereas you just look at production.

$5 mil is an awful lot for 8 carries a game and no contribution to special teams.
The deal was: Offer: 1,500,000 + incentives vs BJ was willing to accept 2,000,000, So, 500K was the difference. 5 Mil is old news. Now we have AB with multiple broken foot parts, Ware who is mediocre at best, Scott who we hope will step up and zero after that! We lost an intimidator/great blocker and turned a stable position into a need for 500K. That's chicken****! Don't cry when BJ is properly used by his next team and knocks our Lb's and CB's on their butts.

radar-ray
03-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Is someone else going to give Jacobs a guaranteed $5m this season?* Pretty sure they're not.* What would've been better is an agreement to get him to go look for the best deal and give the Giants a chance to match.* He knows this is all about the salary cap (or at least I hope he does).
5 Mil is old news. Giants Offer: 1,500,000 + incentives vs BJ: 2,000,000. So for 500K, we now have 1 broken footed RB + zero. Get your facts straight.

NYGiantsFan56
03-11-2012, 11:52 AM
NY Daily News Ralph V. is talking about how Giants may now turn to free agency to fill Jacobs's departure. Want to look at BJGE(loser Patriots), Ryan Grant (always hurt), Hillis (head case)and Tolbert (cant run hard). Forget it. I would keep Jacobs over any of them. I cannot believe with all the pressing issues facing this team, like resigning Thomas, Manningham, restructing Osi, and finding room for Blackburn, some extra cash for Cruz,not to mention the Offensdive Line, that Resse would give himself another problem/headache to handle. Should have given him the 500,000 or split the difference. As of today all we got is a one hell of a runnning backwho plays great but has two broken feet and cannot even practice everyday, and a unproven back in Da'rell Scott. Forget Ware.</P>

Sorry Jerry. You are a great G.M. but like I said in my original post, I cannot drink the Kool-Aid on this one. You messed up. Hopefully you can get him back when free agency starts.</P>

Big Blue 418
03-11-2012, 12:00 PM
NY Daily News Ralph V. is talking about how Giants may now turn to free agency to fill Jacobs's departure. Want to look at BJGE*(loser Patriots), Ryan Grant (always hurt), Hillis (head case)*and Tolbert (cant run hard). Forget it. I would keep Jacobs over any of them. I cannot believe with all the pressing issues facing this team, like resigning Thomas, Manningham, restructing Osi, and finding room for Blackburn, some extra cash for Cruz,*not to mention the Offensdive Line, that Resse would give himself another problem/headache to handle. Should have given him the 500,000 or split the difference. As of today all we got is a one hell of a runnning back*who plays great but has two broken feet and cannot even practice everyday, and a unproven back in Da'rell Scott. Forget Ware.</P>

Sorry Jerry. You are a great G.M. but like I said in my original post, I cannot drink the Kool-Aid on this one. You messed up. Hopefully you can get him back when free agency starts.</P>

The Giants simply could not afford him . This is the nature of the salary cap . We need to fix our oliine first and foremost over an aging running back

GameTime
03-11-2012, 12:01 PM

2. I am a firm beliver that if you want to repeat as Champs you need to keep key players like Jacobs who got you there. He was one of thetrue leader who lit the fire when it needed to be lit. He deserved to go out a Giant. Reminds me of what they did to Simms. Didn't like that either and still don't. I also don't like with whats going on with Blackburn</P>

</P>

Jacobs did contrubute greatly at times. But this is the game and the business. You "LOL'd" Darell Scott??...Do you know something we dont? Is he going to suck or something. You have NO idea. </P>

Nobody will take Jacobs place but some other RB will develope his game to add to the team. The Giants know how to train RBs to pass protect. THEY ALL DO IT!! Name me one RB that wasnt at least decent at picking up the blitz. Scott will be this season....garaunteed. AB sucked his first year or so at blitz pick up.....remember. </P>

There is no kool aid to drink Bro. Its a done deal and if the Giants dont do well next season it will have little to do with Jacobs not being there.</P>

</P>

NorwoodBlue
03-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Jacobs productivity is down, that's indisputable. He doesn't break tackles very often any more, he tries to cut things outside when he shouldn't (as does Bradshaw by the way). His legs stop at first contact most of the time. The guy's been a great Giant; but he's 30 years old, and that's dinosaur age in NFL running backs. I really don't see another team picking him up, he just didn't impress more than one or two games last season.

Best thing for BJ to do is stay in shape and if injuries hit somebody hard next year he might be picked up as the season progresses. Missing the rigors of training camp and coming in to mid-season fresh might be the ideal situation for a guy his age.

I'm sad for him to see him go; but I think the team made the right decision.

NYGiantsFan56
03-11-2012, 12:13 PM

</P>

Jacobs did contrubute greatly at times. But this is the game and the business. You "LOL'd" Darell Scott??...Do you know something we dont? Is he going to suck or something. You have NO idea. </P>

Nobody will take Jacobs place but some other RB will develope his game to add to the team. The Giants know how to train RBs to pass protect. THEY ALL DO IT!! Name me one RB that wasnt at least decent at picking up the blitz. Scott will be this season....garaunteed. AB sucked his first year or so at blitz pick up.....remember. </P>

There is no kool aid to drink Bro. Its a done deal and if the Giants dont do well next season it will have little to do with Jacobs not being there.</P>

</P>

</P>

Hey I Said that about Ware not Scottbecause I think Ware is not worth a roster spot and he is joke. Da'rell Scott is an unknown commodity. I saw him score a few TD's in a preseason game last year, but thats it. We will see if he pans out.</P>

GameTime
03-11-2012, 12:48 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Hey I Said that about Ware not Scottbecause I think Ware is not worth a roster spot and he is joke. Da'rell Scott is an unknown commodity. I saw him score a few TD's in a preseason game last year, but thats it. We will see if he pans out.</P>

</P>

gotcha.....my bad. I guess we will have to wait and use hindsight to see if JR realing Jacobs was the right move.</P>

GmenFan1980
03-11-2012, 01:49 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz9h2mNPQb1rprb2no1_500.jpg

tdawg1413
03-11-2012, 02:24 PM
This was absolutely not a stupid move. BJ as much as I like him is on the downside of his career. He does not run very hard anymore and any shot to his legs will bring him down. He is an awful receiver out of the backfield as well. He was good at picking up blitzers but that is about it at this point. It was time for us to move on from him. We will find someone in the draft to take the spot.

JMFP2
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
DJ Ware will be our starting back by the end of the season.</P>

egyptian420
03-11-2012, 03:33 PM

2. I am a firm beliver that if you want to repeat as Champs you need to keep key players like Jacobs who got you there. He was one of thetrue leader who lit the fire when it needed to be lit. He deserved to go out a Giant. Reminds me of what they did to Simms. Didn't like that either and still don't. I also don't like with whats going on with Blackburn</p>

What's funny is I agree with all of your points but I still think Reese made the right move.

Whether Ware, Scott, or Brown step up or we get another mid-round RB to compete for the job, I still think our o-line should be the main focus if we want to improve the running game.

egyptian420
03-11-2012, 03:34 PM
DJ Ware will be our starting back by the end of the season.</p>
lol that's a pretty bold statement

Hooligans
03-11-2012, 04:48 PM

The Stupid move would have been to keep the tip-toe Bandit and ANY price. The Giants can get a power back in the 6h round of the draft to do what Brandon brought to the Giants.....he go 7 years with the Giants and two Super Bowl rings.....and he was mediocre at best, just another Ron Dayne.

JMFP2
03-11-2012, 04:51 PM
DJ Ware will be our starting back by the end of the season.</P>

</P>

If the Giants get 12 productive games out of Bradshaw I'll be shocked.</P>

egyptian420
03-11-2012, 05:08 PM
DJ Ware will be our starting back by the end of the season.</p>

</p>

If the Giants get 12 productive games out of Bradshaw I'll be shocked.</p>
Oh, I thought you meant D.J Ware will become the starter even while Bradshaw is healthy.

Even still though, who knows what could really happen, we may get a RB in the first 2 rounds for all we know. Or maybe Scott might raise some eyebrows in camp.

Regardless of what happens, I honestly think we got good RB's, we just need this o-line to create holes.

BlueSanta
03-11-2012, 08:38 PM

The deal was: Offer: 1,500,000 + incentives vs BJ was willing to accept 2,000,000, So, 500K was the difference. 5 Mil is old news. Now we have AB with multiple broken foot parts, Ware who is mediocre at best, Scott who we hope will step up and zero after that! We lost an intimidator/great blocker and turned a stable position into a need for 500K. That's chicken****! Don't cry when BJ is properly used by his next team and knocks our Lb's and CB's on their butts.

No thats not what the deal was....or at least that is a vast oversimplification of it. He wanted a MULTI -year deal at 2mil per year. At age 30, that is insane.

That amounts to almost the same deal Ladanian Tomlinson got in 2010. You know LTom, the future Hall of famer2nd all time in rushing TDs? Also the guy who at age 30 touched the ball 270 times, far more than BJ ever did in any year of his career. A guy who accounted for 25% of the Jets offenive plays, also a larger percentage than Bj ever did for us. BJ averaged 160 touches over the last 2 years. His numbers have been on a very rapid decline.

As much as I wish BJ all the best, I doubt any NFL team will give him that figure. I hope they do though because I would like to see him get it b/c I like him and wish him the best. But, I doubt it.

nycisgreat
03-11-2012, 08:39 PM
I have been Jacobs biggest defender here but I can't fault the Giants letting him go. Even though I blame the offensive line for the struggling rushing game this season, I also see the decline of Jacobs with his speed and power. So he is declining and will only get worse, cost expensive $2 million and is 30 YEARS OLD and we all know what happens when RBs are even lucky enough to even reach 30 years old and play in the NFL.

I think the Giants can get a much cheaper and just as productive RB in the draft as a 30 year old version Jacobs. Nothing wrong with giving Ware a chance as he has 4 yards per rush in his career and had 27 receptions just this season which is pretty good for a 3rd RB that doesn't play much.

I agree with you on most points, but I don't think he is slowing down at all. He has terrible acceleration. All that he has show the past few years have been caused by the oline.

As much as I would like the guy to stay with the team, I do think that he is getting paid to much. And for that reason I would've cut him too.

PRFan
03-12-2012, 02:17 AM
I love the big guy but I'm gonna say that this wasn't a productive season.
For 2 mill it could've worked out but we have cap issues. Right now if we only loose Kmac, Ross, MM and BJ I'm good. Chasem whom I've always like, I don't really want on the team if he couldn't make the team out of camp last year.

gumby742
03-12-2012, 08:55 AM

When nobody picks him up he'll be back &amp; JR will welcome him with open arms &amp; a few bucks.</P>

Like Rocky Bernard. Gave him the finger and made him grovel for a small paycheck.</P>