PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis???

dobber
03-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Lets be honest..we all know Hillis is a head case and has taken some blows to the brain..CIA?? really??...but dude, the guy runs NORTH and SOUTH...he can CATCH....he LOWERS HIS SHOULDER PADS...and i belive would be a far greater compliment to Bradshaw than Jacobs was....for some reason, Brandon started shuffling his feet at the line instead of hitting the line head on with his pads low and weight....I saw try Hillis for a couple of years....if he can be afforded.

Bohemian
03-10-2012, 01:56 PM
Do you really think that Hillis will demand less than Jacobs? I say no. And even if it was possible, I would not want Hillis, considering that there are other RBs out there who could be more consistent.

jparmer
03-10-2012, 02:41 PM
God make it stop

jakegibbs
03-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Ain't a nickles worth of difference between the 2 so if you can sign him for what they were willing to pay Jacobs I'd say GO For IT JR!! hmmmm

Ht Wt 40-yd dash
10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss
3-cone
Vert
Broad
BP
Wonderlic

6 ft * in 240 * lb 4.57** s 1.59 * s 2.68 * s 4.24 ** s 7.15 * s 35" ** in 9 ft 9 * in 26 rep 17
Ht Wt 40-yd dash
10-yd split 20-yd split 20-ss
3-cone
Vert
Broad
BP

6 ft 4? in 267 lb 4.56 s 1.69 s 2.72 s 4.49 s 7.54 s 37 in 9 ft 10 in 19 rep

MikeIsaGiant
03-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Someone shoot me now

giantscolombia
03-10-2012, 02:55 PM
NO

TheEnigma
03-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Reese responds to Peyton Hillis rumors (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ&feature=related/)

jakegibbs
03-10-2012, 03:05 PM
NO

MAYBE?

jakegibbs
03-10-2012, 03:07 PM
NO

MAYBE?

MAYBE NOT? But they need at least 1 240 pound + RB in this system right?

hungrrrry
03-10-2012, 04:11 PM
I would definately consider Hillis...I totally see him as the better back over Jacobs and has a downhill style that neither Jacobs nor Bradshaw exhibit. (I do wonder if that is RB coach's fault). Jacobs can't get it done...I believe Hillis does

ShockeyShow
03-10-2012, 04:25 PM
How bout we give Da'rel Scott a go and see how that works out for us first

KATKAVAGE75
03-10-2012, 05:38 PM
NO
NO, NO, NO.

netplus
03-10-2012, 05:50 PM

Scott has had fumble issues in his college career (small hand measurement is an issue). Coughlin has cured Tiki and Ahmad of their fumbling issues, but how about we draft a RB early?

truebluefanatic
03-10-2012, 06:41 PM

YES! This is not a ground and pound O any more. Scotts speed and Bradshaws toughness is the future of the running game now that Eli is in his prime!

Flip Empty
03-10-2012, 07:12 PM
God, he refused to play for the Browns because he was unhappy with his contract, what makes anyone think the Giants can afford him?

hungrrrry
03-11-2012, 11:58 AM
God, he refused to play for the Browns because he was unhappy with his contract, what makes anyone think the Giants can afford him?Where you play also effects what you will take in pay...what did Lebron have in Cleveland...nothing...a poor market. NY is a huge market full of potential...I can see the Giants brass and Hillis' agent explaining how endorsments also make for a nice payday. regionally people will watch Cleveland...globally people will watch NY.</P>

I can see Hillis coming here...no doubt about it. This running game would be significantly improved and with Ware out and Scott in at #3, out run game would be a top 15 with some Oline adjustments that I believe can be made from within.</P>

NorwoodBlue
03-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Hillis is a one hit wonder, I doubt he'll ever have another good season in the NFL. If you want to give Hillis a contract, why not just let Hynoski run the ball, he's probably as good or better than Hillis. Gilbride won't ever let a fullback run the ball; but it would be interesting.

bflo23
03-11-2012, 12:25 PM
The thing that bothers me about Hillis is that his heart is probably not into football anymore. I don't want to hear about questioning to retire to go to the CIA. If someone is thinking about retiring already, his heart isn't into football anymore.

gmen0820
03-11-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't want to hear about questioning to retire to go to the CIA. Luckily you don't have to, because that never happened.

bflo23
03-11-2012, 01:07 PM
It happened but now he regrets saying it and is denying it because he knows it makes him look foolish especially when trying to get a contract.

firstgamein49
03-11-2012, 01:11 PM
My in-laws are Browns' fans, and I've have seen him in quite a few games. He fumbles a lot!

gmen0820
03-11-2012, 01:12 PM
It happened but now he regrets saying it and is denying it because he knows it makes him look foolish especially when trying to get a contract.
His head coach denies it too, and if anyone is pissed off about Hillis' antics, it'd be Pat Shurmur.

And maybe possibly it's a pissed off agent that he recently fired (right before free agency mind you) spreading rumors.

Don't believe everything you read.

bflo23
03-11-2012, 01:20 PM
His head coach denies it too, and if anyone is pissed off about Hillis' antics, it'd be Pat Shurmur.

And maybe possibly it's a pissed off agent that he recently fired (right before free agency mind you) spreading rumors.

Of course his head coach and teammates won't "believe" it because it makes Hillis look like a fool. There will always be Hillis apologists for Hillis antics.

gmen0820
03-11-2012, 01:28 PM

Of course his head coach and teammates won't "believe" it because it makes Hillis look like a fool. There will always be Hillis apologists for Hillis antics.
Okay and I'm assuming you have further proof he wanted to join the CIA, right? Hillis denies it, his coaches deny it (the people he supposedly told his retirement plans, too), I'm sure you have something other than that, right?

BlueBlooded1979
03-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Probably too rich for the Giants budget but having a large physical back is useful. The past few years have been fairly mild during football season but there is always a good chance that they could see some sloppy or even snowy games.

I am really not sure why people have to join a discussion board an exercise their frustration with members who bring possibilities up. It is a "discussion" where people want to discuss things., even if they are remote possibilities.

jakegibbs
03-11-2012, 01:53 PM

YES! This is not a ground and pound O any more. Scotts speed and Bradshaws toughness is the future of the running game now that Eli is in his prime!

D Scott oh yeah there's a proven starter right there yes sir. Hillis would be a head & shoulder upgrade over Scott IMHOA.. Scott you can count the reg season snaps he's had on your hands.

Tuckit91
03-11-2012, 02:09 PM
No!! Wish there was a way to bring back jacobs