PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Petrus

VBGiantsFan
12-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Is he going to remain at guard? I love him in that position. I didn't see anyone get by him and in the face of Eli.

fourth&forever
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Nice push on runs too! Please god, keep this o-line. Sit Baas down.

bklyn1028
12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Nice push on runs too! Please god, keep this o-line. Sit Baas down.

I hate to demote (sit) any starter down...BUT this is it. Sunday is do or die for the jints. Whatever worked on sunday against the packers, needs to be repeated in texas.

I Bleed Blue 56
12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Wasnt he the guard for mcfadden amd jones and opened up. holes for them.

RoanokeFan
12-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Time for BPA down the stretch. Even Eli talked about how well Petrus did.

egyptian420
12-06-2011, 06:07 PM

Too bad we know they'll put Bass back in there when he's healthy....just like the O'Hara thing last year....I hate this "seniority" system

buddy33
12-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Not only did he hold his own, he did it against a very good player.

They should use the same OL line up against Dallas. That was as good as they looked all year. They also averaged 5 yards per carry.

RoanokeFan
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM

Too bad we know they'll put Bass back in there when he's healthy....just like the O'Hara thing last year....I hate this "seniority" system

That doesn't mean they won't leave Petrus at Guard.

RoanokeFan
12-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Not only did he hold his own, he did it against a very good player.

They should use the same OL line up against Dallas. That was as good as they looked all year. They also averaged 5 yards per carry.

+1

gmen46
12-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Time for BPA down the stretch.* Even Eli talked about how well Petrus did.

I think you're wrong on this.

There is no "seniority system" at play here.

O'hara's situation last year was far different than Baas' this year. One was a 11 year veteran starting center with the Giants, who had proven himself as a reliable and effective starting center for this team the past 7 years. The coaches, in retrospect, misjudged O'Hara's health and game-ready status when they returned him to starting status late last year, and it back-fired. Shaun was not, as it turned out, either healthy enough or game-ready enough to perform at his accustomed level.

The other is a 2011 FA who has played OK at times, and not so OK at other times this season. He has not "earned" any automatic return as starter if TC and the other offensive coaches think Boothe performs better in practice this week, combined with his praised performance vs the Packers.

The fact that Coughlin made a very big --and rare, for him -- point of singling out Boothe's (and Petrus') performance vs the Packers suggests to me that, depending on their respective practice results this week, Boothe and Petrus could very well be starting again this Sunday.

egyptian420
12-06-2011, 06:52 PM

O'hara's situation last year was far different than Baas' this year. One was a 11 year veteran starting center with the Giants, who had proven himself as a reliable and effective starting center for this team the past 7 years. The coaches, in retrospect, misjudged O'Hara's health and game-ready status when they returned him to starting status late last year, and it back-fired. Shaun was not, as it turned out, either healthy enough or game-ready enough to perform at his accustomed level.

The other is a 2011 FA who has played OK at times, and not so OK at other times this season. He has not "earned" any automatic return as starter if TC and the other offensive coaches think Boothe performs better in practice this week, combined with his praised performance vs the Packers.

The fact that Coughlin made a very big --and rare, for him -- point of singling out Boothe's (and Petrus') performance vs the Packers suggests to me that, depending on their respective practice results this week, Boothe and Petrus could very well be starting again this Sunday.
I really hope you're right man....Last Sunday was the best I've seen our O-line run block in a really long time. I know that they were missing their 2 inside LB's as well though.

gmen46
12-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Time for BPA down the stretch.* Even Eli talked about how well Petrus did.

I really hope you're right man....Last Sunday was the best I've seen our O-line run block in a really long time. I know that they were missing their 2 inside LB's as well though.

I'm with ya, brother. I hope I'm right too. But I really do believe the decisions on Boothe and Petrus for the Dallas game reside in how they practice this week.

Hell, Coughlin and Gibride (and the OL coach) saw the same things we saw Sunday. They're not as rigid and stubborn and stupid as some on this board would have us believe.

Raptor22
12-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Jebus that scared me. I was wondering if Petrus got hurt and nobody told me...

JMFP2
12-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Jacobs and Bradshaw both ran with authority.</P>

I'm not sure how much of it was due to blocking schemes...I can't recall whether the line was pulling too much. Sure seemed like some drive blocking from Petrus.</P>

But like others have said, let's not change this up. This line should be practicing together all week, and just ****ing go with what FINALLY worked.</P>

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/10324378-large.jpg</P>

MikeSherrard
12-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Don't discount the "fresh factor"......the starters are beat up from a full year of wear and tear. Petrus is fresh.

Remember Bradshaw in 2007?

JMFP2
12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Don't discount the "fresh factor"......the starters are beat up from a full year of wear and tear. Petrus is fresh.

Remember Bradshaw in 2007?

</P>

</P>

I'm sure that helps.</P>

Whatever the case, Petrus did a great job....he can only get better if he continues to log time with the 1st unit.</P>

JMFP2
12-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I know this is way premature....but something about this guy just tells me he's going to nail down the guard spot.</P>

He's a banger, and you can tell Coughlin likes the kid.</P>

This is where you get offensive linemen.....schools like Arkansas, Nebraska, Iowa, etc....big country oxen for the plow.</P>

http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ncf_petrus_400.jpg</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>