PDA

View Full Version : Has a giant ever touched your hand? if so post when and where

Harooni
03-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Like after the jets and giants preseason game dodge slapped my hand.

interested in knowing any other instances from our fans

Eli TO Shockey
03-10-2012, 05:34 PM

lol

KidA
03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
Yes, but the authorities have barred me from talking about it until after the trial.

calzonesays
03-10-2012, 05:36 PM
andre the giant touched me

NYG4lifeNYK
03-10-2012, 05:36 PM
http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Gay-Marriage1.jpg

Harooni
03-10-2012, 05:46 PM

well come to think of it i made contact with a few giants

I shook Joe Plisarcik's hand , I also patted LT on the back once in AC on a craps table.

TheEnigma
03-10-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/chris_hansen.jpg

Bohemian
03-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Are any of them catholic?

Harooni
03-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Are any of them catholic?

lmao

fourth&forever
03-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Went to dinner with my dad at PF Chang's after an Albany summer practice. A group of players and their family sat at the table right next to us. I pretended not to notice that Giants are right next to me. I thought it poor form to bother them at dinner.
Dad & I eat our meal and I strain to eavesdrop on their conversation. My dad doesn't notice though (he's 80). So I write this on a napkin and slide it across the table: "Brandon Jacobs is on your left."
Dad promptly says "Brandon Jacobs! Where?" Then stands up and looks right over. I was aghast when dad marches straight over to BJ with his hand extended. Dad proceeds to tell him that he's been looking good lately and is due for a monster year.
Amazing but Brandon stood up and warmly greeted the old man. BJ thanked him for his support and good wishes. It didn't seem to bother him in the least. (If that was my dinner being interrupted, I'd have been pissed). Not BJ. He was completely polite and friendly to my dad. I was very surprised as I thought my dad might get decked.
I have nothing but respect for Mr. Jacobs. He is a professional, a gentleman, and (in my eyes) a Giant forever.

Bohemian
03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Went to dinner with my dad at PF Chang's after an Albany summer practice. A group of players and their family sat at the table right next to us. I pretended not to notice that Giants are right next to me. I thought it poor form to bother them at dinner.
Dad & I eat our meal and I strain to eavesdrop on their conversation. My dad doesn't notice though (he's 80). So I write this on a napkin and slide it across the table: "Brandon Jacobs is on your left."
Dad promptly says "Brandon Jacobs! Where?" Then stands up and looks right over. I was aghast when dad marches straight over to BJ with his hand extended. Dad proceeds to tell him that he's been looking good lately and is due for a monster year.
Amazing but Brandon stood up and warmly greeted the old man. BJ thanked him for his support and good wishes. It didn't seem to bother him in the least. (If that was my dinner being interrupted, I'd have been pissed). Not BJ. He was completely polite and friendly to my dad. I was very surprised as I thought my dad might get decked.
I have nothing but respect for Mr. Jacobs. He is a professional, a gentleman, and (in my eyes) a Giant forever.

Very good story.

jhamburg
03-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Like after the jets and giants preseason game dodge slapped my hand.*

interested in knowing any other instances from our fans*

When I was about 19-20, I worked at a charity/camp for inner city NYC kids called the Fresh Air Fund. Tiki Barber who I think was involved with the organization made a somewhat unexpected visit to speak with the children one day, and since I was the only one around with a digital camera, they had me follow him around to take pictures for their marketing, etc. I shook his hand and chatted with him briefly, I told him I was a giants fan and that I worked as an IT guy at the camp and he said "Oh yea, a man after my own heart- I studied IT at Virginia." He seemed like a nice guy, although my boss kept pushing me to take photos of him constantly so I think he felt kind of awkward about that.

Harooni
03-10-2012, 06:22 PM

must have caught BJ after his kung pao shirmp and mongolian beef arrived, or else he might have bitten him.

nice story though, thx for sharing

egyptian420
03-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Yes, but the authorities have barred me from talking about it until after the trial.

lmao

Harooni
03-10-2012, 06:27 PM

When I was about 19-20, I worked at a charity/camp for inner city NYC kids called the Fresh Air Fund. Tiki Barber who I think was involved with the organization made a somewhat unexpected visit to speak with the children one day, and since I was the only one around with a digital camera, they had me follow him around to take pictures for their marketing, etc. I shook his hand and chatted with him briefly, I told him I was a giants fan and that I worked as an IT guy at the camp and he said "Oh yea, a man after my own heart- I studied IT at Virginia." He seemed like a nice guy, although my boss kept pushing me to take photos of him constantly so I think he felt kind of awkward about that.

WOW , great story , you win!!

Bumm
03-10-2012, 07:01 PM
1. Delivered furniture to Howard Cross's house a few years back, thanked us with a hand shake on the way out.

2. Had dinner with Arthur Marshall at my parents home years ago when he played for the Gmen, great guy, shaked hands on the way out.

3. Played football in High School with Bob Kratch, plenty of high fives after each victory.

ghwriter1976
03-10-2012, 07:18 PM
When I worked at the Top of the Rock Observation Deck, one of the customers turned out to be Carl Banks. It was a really busy night and I was very tired and stressed out with many guests giving me hell so I wasn't able to say anything to him.

However, two nights later, I was walking up 8th avenue to meet up with some friends when he walked right past me on the street. I turned around and saw him waiting at the corner for the Walk signal and so I quickly walked up to him, confirmed that it was him (I was 99.9 percent sure, but ya never know), shook his hand, told him I was a huge fan, thanked him for everything and then continued on my day.

Bumm
03-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Not sure if this counts but worth mentioning, played B-ball with Spider Lockharts son years ago, Spider had already passed away. Great kid.

Brandon jacobs
03-10-2012, 07:35 PM
after our first SB (07') I got to personally shake Brandon Jacobs and tom coughlins hand. When they arrived at Walter Reed Army Medical Center where I worked at the time, No one was at the buses to greet our guys. I was the only one. I stood proud, and represented ALL Giant fans..had to, no one else did.But Coach Coughlin was the first off the bus looking around and I had my SB 42 hat on and got to say, "welcome coach." hell I feel like he's my coach too. at any rate, I got to shake BJ's hand and we talked for awhile and he told me that, the week we played the patriots(07') season and lost, He played with a broken hand.. if any of you have ever met that guy, He has a pair of mitts. how anyone as big as him could fumble the rock with hands like those... is beyond me. But BJ is cool in my book. I'll keep this account

But our organization is class through and through.

CGYgiant
03-10-2012, 07:42 PM

If there was ever a person on these boards that loved attention...

bLuereverie
03-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Hmmm where do I start. My hand is rather slutty in touching Giants.

My old firm was working with structural engineers on some things in WTC, who were also consultants for new Giants Stadium. They invited us to a tour with some college students from NJIT right before everything was done [pretty much done just the finish material to cover HVAC and such] at the stadium. They had Dave Diehl and Madison Hedge**** come out briefly and talk about the stadium. Diehl came out and BS'ed some crap about the stadium to a crew of stuffy old-timer architects that could care less for what he had to say.

A friend and I who were probably the only Giants fans lagged behind while everyone moved on just to catch Diehl and Hedge**** before they left. Shook their hands and asked them if they actually believed any of the stuff they BS'ed about. Madison laughed, Diehl actually tried selling it a bit more. He's persistent, I'll give him that.

Most casual conversation that you may like Harooni was with Rich Seubert. He was talking to an off duty cop from Boston when I approached him. I came in midconvo, but he was going on and on about his female police officer fetish. He's freakin' hilarious.

hungrrrry
03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
I have shook hands with Kurt Warner, Tiki, Tom Coughlin and Diehl...told Jeremy Shockey I didn't want his autograph and almost got run over by Eli with my daughter...all at Giants training camp at various times. I also delivered mulch to Bill Parcells' home in Saratoga, ny several times but never met him.

Harooni
03-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Not sure if this counts but worth mentioning, played B-ball with Spider Lockharts son years ago, Spider had already passed away. Great kid.
no does not count unfortunately , unless you hit the showers afterwards

bLuereverie
03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
I met Carl Banks at the CBS Expo at Yankee Stadium [along with Kris Jenkins, Luis Tiant, Greg Nettles]. Was originally there trying to catch John Starks but I missed him.

Harry Carson was supposed to be there but he was late. I shook Carl Banks hand, asked him where Harry was and such. He seemed a bit too himself, but he was signing for hundreds of people so he may have been a bit detached.

I met Corey Webster, Domenik Hixon and Michael Johnson at a small charity event in ShortHills/Millburn. Webster and Hixon were probably the nicest guys I've met.

If there was an autograph signing/appearance after the 08SB, I probably made it down and touched that Giant.

bLuereverie
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
NonGiants related,

But I once slapped hands with Ron Harper when he was on the Bulls during the Knicks game. Does that mean I touched Jordan?

Other scenario was I once shook hands with Glen Rice when he was a Knick, does that mean I fingered Sarah Palin?

Harooni
03-10-2012, 08:00 PM
I have shook hands with Kurt Warner, Tiki, Tom Coughlin and Diehl...told Jeremy Shockey I didn't want his autograph and almost got run over by Eli with my daughter...all at Giants training camp at various times. I also delivered mulch to Bill Parcells' home in Saratoga, ny several times but never met him.
this is impressive.
Mannings are known for avoiding autographs. but to nearly run you over i didnt expect that of Eli.

hungrrrry
03-10-2012, 08:09 PM
this is impressive.
Mannings are known for avoiding autographs. but to nearly run you over i didnt expect that of Eli.
at training camp when eli is not in uniform he is constantly on his cellphone or texting...I imagine he was doing that...I happened to notice a vehicle stop short of us by about 3 feet and when I looked over he kinda knodded and had that look on his face as if to say "my fault"...you know the look...its the same look when he throws a highly errant pass....I told my daughter "hey, eli almost ran us over", lol

FBomb
03-10-2012, 08:17 PM

</P>

EASILY your gayest thread.</P>

Harooni
03-10-2012, 08:25 PM
this is impressive.
at training camp when eli is not in uniform he is constantly on his cellphone or texting...I imagine he was doing that...I happened to notice a vehicle stop short of us by about 3 feet and when I looked over he kinda knodded and had that look on his face as if to say "my fault"...you know the look...its the same look when he throws a highly errant pass....I told my daughter "hey, eli almost ran us over", lol
LMAO '

what a memory to cherish ha

Harooni
03-10-2012, 08:31 PM

</p>

EASILY your gayest thread.</p>
not even close bomb, my famous thread "if you could spend the night with one giant who would that be" tops this one.

bLuereverie
03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Why'd you change the title of the thread? If you're going to pull a Harooni, don't half***** it.

RoanokeFan
03-10-2012, 08:43 PM

I shook Joe Plisarcik's hand , I also patted LT on the back once in AC on a craps table.

At least it wasn't a massage table [:$]

Harooni
03-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Why'd you change the title of the thread? If you're going to pull a Harooni, don't half***** it.

well i dont want to upset the conservative crowd too much.

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Back in 1993 when I was stationed in Great Lakes, IL going to Navy Electronics Technician School, I went to a Giants/Bears game at Soldier Field. I got to the game 4 hours early and nobody was at the gate to take my ticket to get in so I just walked in(still have whole ticket to prove it,not ripped). So I walked down to the field level along the wall, I looked the whole stadium over and out of the corner of my eye I spotted a player in one of the endzones still in street gear checking out the field. As I looked closer I realized it was L.T.. I looked around and there was no security so I thought I would take a chance and I hopped over the wall onto the field and walked to the endzone where L.T. was checking the playing surface, as I approached he sort of was looking at me kinda wierd since I was not supposed to be out there. I walked right up to him and told him I was in the Navy and he was my favorite player, He shook my hand and we had a few more words before he said I better get back into the stands so I dont get in trouble. As I departed I made sure to tell him to "kick the Bears butt today" and he assured me he would! I still remember his lightning bolt earring shining in the afternoon sun. That by far has to be one of the greatest moments ever in my life even to this day. BTW, the Giants won that game 26-20 and L.T. had 1.5 sacks!

Harooni
03-10-2012, 08:49 PM

you know what else i remember , I was at training camp back in 2006 and i was wearing my personalized harooni jersey and i could have sworn Eli gave me the middle finger, but i cant officially back that story up though.

RoanokeFan
03-10-2012, 08:52 PM

you know what else i remember , I was at training camp back in 2006 and i was wearing my personalized harooni jersey and i could have sworn Eli gave me the middle finger, but i cant officially back that story up though.

Man, you are on a roll tonight H LMAO

RoanokeFan
03-10-2012, 08:54 PM
In the mid '50's I met and shook hands with Sam Huff and Andy Robustelli and that started my love affair with the GIANTS. Although I've never gotten a finger from any players [:S]

jaygoon
03-10-2012, 08:58 PM
When I was 12-13 some of the NY Giants played a charity basketball game in my home town of Warwick, NY against some of the local fire and police department and of course any local that had skills.

I was obviously just a kid but I met OJ Anderson (I was first in line to meet him) and I shook his hand. For some crazy reason I did it with my left hand. Im not lefty and as far as I know he isnt either. Ive have never done that since, guess I was nervous. Funny how I sitll remember that and Im in my 30s now.

Even better story is before my wife and I got married, my wife wrote a letter to the Giants telling them that I loved them, I was a loyal fan etc. She didnt expect anything and she didnt tell me she wrote the letter, but during our rehersal dinner, she presented me with a Amani Toomer jersey, of course signed by Toomer. The Giants had actually sent my wife the jersey, had Toomer sign it, and a hand written letter thanking me for being a loyal fan and congratulating me on the wedding. I have the jersey framed and its the first thing you see when you walk into my house. To say I am a loyal fan is a understatement. I love me some NY GGGGgggmen!!

myles2424
03-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Wellington mara,strahan,osi,toomer,sehorn,ect....

nYg24
03-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Aaron Ross gave me a high five at training camp a few years back.

Bumm
03-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Forgot this one, Emery Moorehead was my neighbor when I was a kid back around 79, one day we were helping him do mason work in his yard and a bunch of Gmen popped over to help out, JT Turner, Terry Jackson, etc. They were breaking Emery's chops to supply the beer, LOL. Some hand shaking I guess, too long ago to remember.

Bones911
03-10-2012, 09:56 PM
My hand has been with many Giants:
Most recently a few weeks ago I met Brandon Jacobs. Before the parade I got to meet Michael Strahan. I like to go to the players gate after the first home preseason game and sometimes they will stop and sign autographs for kids. So I met Howard Cross and former punter Dave Jennings. Also walking the streets of the New York and I'm like that guy looks like Carl Banks oh wait that is Carl Banks. ding
And also I was at training camp and I locked eyes with Shawn OHara.

Yes I'm a Giants *****.

tikiandphil
03-10-2012, 10:10 PM
hahahahahahahahaha

GIANTfaninFL
03-10-2012, 10:27 PM
I thought you were going to quit posting on these boards....

Harooni
03-10-2012, 10:32 PM
I thought you were going to quit posting on these boards.... I came out of retirement when my youtube page was flooded with posters asking me to return, and also they apologized for booing tiki. Which is why i left in the first place.

FIFTY6G-MAN
03-10-2012, 10:35 PM
I thought you were going to quit posting on these boards.... I came out of retirement when my youtube page was flooded with posters asking me to return, and also they apologized for booing tiki. Which is why i left in the first place.
BOO ,BOO,BOOOOOOO. TIKI BOOOOOOOOOOO.

Harooni
03-10-2012, 10:38 PM
BOO ,BOO,BOOOOOOO. TIKI BOOOOOOOOOOO.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/wtf/grand/massive_wtf.gif

Roswell777
03-10-2012, 10:45 PM
What the hell man

Another "has a Giant ever touched your hand" thread?

Don't we have enough of those?

bansaw
03-10-2012, 10:54 PM
thought you had breakfast with Tiki....

guess that was a fib

Harooni
03-10-2012, 10:58 PM

guess that was a fib

no , there was a breakfast with the giants charity i attended ,however Tiki did not let me touch him.

bansaw
03-10-2012, 11:08 PM

guess that was a fib

no , there was a breakfast with the giants charity i attended ,however Tiki did not let me touch him.
he just let you butter his muffin amirite?

Harooni
03-10-2012, 11:09 PM

guess that was a fib

he just let you butter his muffin amirite?

lol i tried to reach into the muffin basket at the same time, as to put my hand over his.

j/k

bansaw
03-10-2012, 11:22 PM
LOL

and then you woke up haha

WR4Life
03-11-2012, 03:28 AM
Where to begin. The very first Giants game I went to was probably when I was about 12 years old. We stood by where the players were walking into the stadium. Ike Hilliard shook my hand and so did Keith Hamilton. At the time, I was a big Sehorn fan and he came in and basically blew passed everyone and said something like, "You guys wouldn't want me to be late would you?" ******.

When I was in 8th grade, I skipped a school dance because the crunch bunch came to a car dealership near me and were signing things for free. Even though I never got to see them play, seeing LT, Carson, Kelly and Van Pelt put me in such an awestruck state. I shook all their hands and LT looked at me and said, "I like your shirt kid." I was wearing an LT shirt that had an artistic drawing of him and it had all his player information underneath it. Absolutely incredible.

When I was a senior in highschool, I got to walk on the field before the '07 Eagles game (the game where Osi had 6 sacks). We were introduced to Howard Cross and Jessie Armstead. Another awesome experience.

The last is probably my most favorite story. When they used to have Giants training camp at FDU, my father would take me there to watch. I barely remember going at all but for this one in particular, I was far too young to remember. I will have to guess and say it was the 92 training camp which put me at 2 years and about 2 months old. It was after one of the practices ended. The players came over to where we were all sitting to sign autographs. When they did, my dad sent me over to go wait for an autograph. While I was waiting, and a member of the team got closer to where I stood, a kid a few years older than me, probably 5 or 6, pushed me out of the way so that he could get an autograph. The player that was nearing saw it. He then said, "Hey kid. Come here," to me. He picked me up, and talked me for a little bit. The other kid didn't get anything. Needless to say, even if I can't remember it, and my father can't remember who picked me up, I have a story that will live on throughout my lifetime and one that hopefully I can pass on to my children if I'm fortunate enough to have them one day.

JMFP2
03-11-2012, 03:38 AM
I spooned with Jared Lorenzen...twice.

GMENAGAIN
03-11-2012, 10:47 AM
</P>

"flooded" with posters . . . . .lol</P>

Yeah, we were all missing threads like this when you were gone . . . . . </P>

jmike
03-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I was once groped by Lawrence Taylor, does that count?

RoanokeFan
03-11-2012, 11:28 AM
I was once groped by Laurence Taylor, does that count?

Silly girl, who hasn't? where have you been?

jmike
03-11-2012, 12:10 PM

Here. But before that I was over there. That was shortly after being somewhere and nowhere special.

Bohemian
03-11-2012, 02:52 PM

Here. But before that I was over there. That was shortly after being somewhere and nowhere special.

At least you did not get stuck with Tiki Barber... what a douch!

RoanokeFan
03-11-2012, 03:09 PM

I was pretty sure I had seen you nowhere

Eli TO Shockey
03-11-2012, 03:14 PM

eli must read the message boards

chasjay
03-11-2012, 03:23 PM
A handshake with Charlie Conerly at an Ole Miss spring football game many decades ago. But the way you phrased the question makes me a bit wary of replying....

LT_was_good
03-11-2012, 03:48 PM

I was pretty sure I had seen you nowhere

She knew she had to come back and put a stop to all of the "Giants draft BPA" posts.

NYGinIN
03-11-2012, 04:10 PM
I shook Kerry Collins hand while he was still at Penn State if that counts.

allentown PA
03-11-2012, 04:36 PM

do you drive an ice cream truck?

Hooligans
03-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Harooni

Let's just leap out of that closet.....you want a Giant player to touch more than your hand, don't you?