PDA

View Full Version : Don't the teams pick the uniforms, not some company?

miken609
03-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Why is everyone worried about the Nike changing around uniforms in the NFL? If I am not mistaken, The Giants pick what their uniform looks like, not Reebok and not Nike, The Giants.

Drez
03-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Nike has some say in the new uni designs, but all designs have to be approved not only by the teams, but by the NFL, as well.</P>

Our new unis might be a little different, but I wouldn't expect any kind of radical change.</P>

Big Blue 418
03-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Id like to remove the red from uniforms especially those butt ugly . alternative red jerseys . We are the big blue . The Big red is gum not football

miken609
03-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Id like to remove the red from uniforms especially those butt ugly . alternative red jerseys . We are the big blue . The Big red is gum not football

We did away with the all red uniforms but the current aways are nice

Big Blue 418
03-10-2012, 06:05 PM

Im not a fan of the Red . I rather go back to the 80's look minimal red and mostly blue and white

GOBIGBLUE52
03-11-2012, 04:23 PM

Im not a fan of the Red . I rather go back to the 80's look minimal red and mostly blue and white

Our current home uniforms have less red than the ones in the 80s/90s did.

Our uniforms won't be any different next year other than having a nike logo on the sleeves.

Big Blue 418
03-11-2012, 04:42 PM

Our uniforms won't be any different next year other than having a nike logo on the sleeves.

I like our home uniforms . Don't care for the white and red away jerseys . Should be more blue in them and less red

Hooligans
03-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Why is everyone worried about the Nike changing around uniforms in the NFL? If I am not mistaken, The Giants pick what their uniform looks like, not Reebok and not Nike, The Giants.

They won't and they can't, but the prices are going up....that is really the only concern.

nhpgiantsfan
03-11-2012, 08:07 PM
I would bet they make a slight change. Nothing drastic. It would be more. They stand to sell more jerseys if they unveil a new look.

RoanokeFan
03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Have no fear, Harooni is on the GIANTS uniform selection committee. He's in charge of tightness of fit [;)]

PRFan
03-12-2012, 02:20 AM
I don't particulary like the away jersey but changing the red to blue we would look like the cowboys.
I do hate the grey pants though on both home/away!

SweetZombieJesus
03-12-2012, 08:25 AM

Agreed, the stripe on the helmet and a stripe on the pants. I like it simplified the way it is now (without red outlines around the numbers), anyway.

nygsb42champs
03-12-2012, 08:28 AM
The team does have the final say. Everybody is just concerned that Nike is going to make the teams all look like the University of Oregon.

ryan12
03-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Have no fear, Harooni is on the GIANTS uniform selection committee.* He's in charge of tightness of fit* [;)]

lmfao

TrueBlue@NYC
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I'd like for us to go back to our away jerseys from the early 2000's era. Those were sharp with the red numbers with blue outline. </P>

TrueBlue@NYC
03-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I'd like for us to go back to our away jerseys from the early 2000's era. Those were sharp with the red numbers with blue outline. </P>

miken609
03-12-2012, 10:15 PM
This thread is not about what everyone wants the uniform to be. I want more comments about how the Giants have the final say.