PDA

View Full Version : LB Free Agents

NJGiants2733
03-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I hate these speculative posts about potential FA signings just as much as everybody else, but after reading a few free agency articles, I saw 2 familiar names of soon-to-be free agents and I'm curious to hear some opinions/insight on them: Manny Lawson and Dan Connor.

When Connor was coming out of college, I remember seeing a few mock drafts with him going to us and being compared to former teammate Posluszny. Coming from Linebacker U, I was pretty excited about the possibilities. Haven't followed enough Panthers games to see how he's progressed.

Manny Lawson, former 1st round pick, was a possible FA pickup last year. Signed a 1-yr deal with the Bengals and it looks like he had a pretty average year.

Now, the more I think about our cap situation and our young linebacking core, I'd find it very unlikely that the Giants make a splash and land any of these guys. That being said, they probably wont command a ton of money and might be willing to take a paycut to play for the World Champs if Reese & Co. don't think our rooks are ready or if Goff isn't healthy. Thoughts?

NYG4lifeNYK
03-10-2012, 05:52 PM
A ton of people on here wanted Connor

Bohemian
03-10-2012, 06:00 PM
A ton of people on here wanted Connor

I really liked Connor coming out of college, but I have not seen how he has developed as a pro. If it was a matter of voting for him, as the way I remember him, then I like him... but I really need to get informed about his progress.

NJGiants2733
03-10-2012, 06:04 PM
Same here. Was hoping to gain some knowledge from the regulars on here.