PDA

View Full Version : What's the latest on Chase Blackburn?

JMFP2
03-11-2012, 03:26 AM
You don't think the Giants could be so foolish as to let him walk again, do you?</P>

Did they watch the "before and after" tape?....it was like a ****ing infomercial for why Blackburn needs to be re-signed.</P>

I'm not saying he's a lock to start at MLB...let's see some competition.....but given his smarts, his hustle, his age (28), his pricetag (must be cap-friendly), and his versatility (special teams, any LB spot), if Reese can't find a spot on the roster for Chase,he's smoking crack.</P>

Seriously Reese...the guy helped save your team's *** in 2011. No exaggeration. </P>

Reese.....dig thoseT-Rex arms into Mara's pockets and come up with some spare change so we don't have to watch our middle linebackers act out another episode of Lost In Space.</P>

GmenFan1980
03-11-2012, 03:50 AM
lol @ the no exaggeration part.

foosball
03-11-2012, 08:24 AM
The guy was a huge part of the win and IMO I would count myself amongst those who think he should be brought back, however I understand the teams logic. This isn't a money issue, it's a youth issue. Also, he may still be back. Let's wait and see. He's the kind of guy that they may look at after the draft and say "ok we have a roster spot for you" because it's not going to be about money.

titwio
03-11-2012, 08:35 AM
I read somewhere...(I think it was in Eisen's mailbag) That keeping Chase is not likely in regards to the Giants having young guys like Jones and Herzlich who they feel can step up.

titwio
03-11-2012, 08:38 AM
I read somewhere...(I think it was in Eisen's mailbag) That keeping Chase is not likely in regards to the Giants having young guys like Jones and Herzlich who they feel can step up.

I found a link...http://prod.www.giants.clubs.nfl.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Eisens-Mailbag-Thoughts-on-LB-Blackburn/1be89b4c-dc50-4bbc-963b-09537c9b3749

nhpgiantsfan
03-11-2012, 10:27 AM
You don't think the Giants could be so foolish as to let him walk again, do you?</P>

Did they watch the "before and after" tape?....it was like a ****ing infomercial for why Blackburn needs to be re-signed.</P>

I'm not saying he's a lock to start at MLB...let's see some competition.....but given his smarts, his hustle, his age (28), his pricetag (must be cap-friendly), and his versatility (special teams, any LB spot), if Reese can't find a spot on the roster for Chase,*he's smoking crack.</P>

Seriously Reese...the guy helped save your team's *** in 2011. No exaggeration.* </P>

Reese.....dig those*T-Rex arms into Mara's pockets and
come up with some spare change so we don't have to watch our
middle linebackers act out another episode of Lost In Space.
</P>
He played nicely, but he didn't save our season. We gave up 95 points in his first three games here, and then he wasn't that big a factor in the Jets or Cowbows games.
He had a nice post season with the fumble recovery and interception but he is not the reason we won. The defense all getting healthy is what did it. He is a nice player but I don't think he is the long term answer for us.

JesseJames
03-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I read somewhere...(I think it was in Eisen's mailbag) That keeping Chase is not likely in regards to the Giants having young guys like Jones and Herzlich who they feel can step up. what if Jones and Herzlich don't step up and we lost Blackburn and Goff isn't healthy enough, something to think about...

titwio
03-11-2012, 11:53 AM
I read somewhere...(I think it was in Eisen's mailbag) That keeping Chase is not likely in regards to the Giants having young guys like Jones and Herzlich who they feel can step up. what if Jones and Herzlich don't step up and we lost Blackburn and Goff isn't healthy enough, something to think about...

That's for the Giants FO and coaches to think about. I'd trust they'd know what they're doing in regards to whom they feel could step up.