PDA

View Full Version : ARTICLE: Tuck: Giants can't seem to shake mental lapses this season

DragonSoul
12-06-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d824cd047/article/tuck-admits-giants-cant-seem-to-shake-mental-lapses-this-season?module=HP11_headline_stack

The New York Giants should thank their lucky stars. Not many teams can lose four straight games and still find themselves in the thick of the playoff race.

Yet that's where the Giants are, thanks to losses by several NFC postseason contenders in Week 13. Now New York has to figure out a way to replicate the strong effort it put forth in a 38-35 loss to the Green Bay Packers, starting with a huge NFC East showdown against the Cowboys on Sunday night.

"Physically I think we can play with anybody in the country," Tuck said on Monday, according to Newsday. "Mentally I think sometimes we have those lapses. Why? I don't know."

Tuck is referring to the mysterious funks that have slowed the Giants this season. Losing on a last-second field goal to the undefeated reigning Super Bowl champions is one thing. Getting their doors blown off in New Orleans or pulling a no-show at home against the Vince Young-led Eagles team is something entirely different.

"What kept me up was I know the Saints are a great football team, but no one would say that the Saints are better than the Packers," Tuck said. "So how did we come out one week and play like we did (in New Orleans) then and come out this week and play like we did then?"

These are questions that start at the top, meaning Giants coach Tom Coughlin must find a way to get his team to play consistently on a weekly basis. If not, his career with the Giants is likely over.

Gianthunter
12-06-2011, 06:57 PM
“I mean, it doesn’t make any sense to me. Do I need to go see a shrink?”</P>

The best treatment for Tuck and the Giants is to come out on Sunday in Texas and play as well as they did in the last-second loss to the Packers, not like the did the previous week when they were hammered in New Orleans. A victory against the Cowboys would tie both teams at 7-6 overall and 2-2 in the division. (The third tiebreaker is common games. The Cowboys are 7-4 to the Giants’ 6-4 right now.)</P>

One would think this weekend’s game and the implications surrounding it would be enough for the Giants to get motivated. But the past four games – all losses – were certainly big ones as well. The Giants didn’t play with enough passion in two of them.</P>

“Physically, I think we prepare better than anybody in the country. Mentally, sometimes we have those lapses,” Tuck said. “Why? I don’t know. I’m as guilty as the next guy. It’s just something we’ve got to continue to work on.</P>

“Coach (Tom) Coughlin says all the time just be more mentally tough.”</P>

It was suggested to Tuck, as the players are wont to say, the other guys get paid, too, meaning they’re motivated as well. To which he replied, “But I don’t think the Saints get paid double than we get, do they?”</P>

Very true.</P>

“You just don’t have that spark some nights,” he said. “If you never played the game, I don’t expect you to realize what I’m saying but some nights you’ve got to trick yourself, you have to mind trick yourself. It’s tough sometimes, but that’s what you’ve got to do because it’s hard when your body’s beat up.</P>

“I know a lot of people don’t understand that. They say you’re getting paid a million dollars to play a game.”</P>

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/giants_justin_tuck_struggling.html</P>

bansaw
12-06-2011, 11:49 PM
lol Tuck....stop talking to the media, you're no good at it

he wonders why he has mental lapses feels the need to go straight to the media and try and talk through his emotions.

news flash champ, we dont care

stop worrying what you'll talk about next and SHUT UP AND PLAY

Gianthunter
12-07-2011, 01:31 AM
I love the always lead with the anti-Coughlin out of contexted let me make it the way I WANT slant.

MikeIsaGiant
12-07-2011, 04:45 PM
In other news, my girlfriend is at that point of the month.

embeshAtYa
12-07-2011, 07:06 PM
ok mental lapse. Dont mean you gota play with no energy and look doped on the field.