PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

egyptian420
03-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Or do our message boards have the most active members?

I've been to many other teams' official message boards (official team website, not random ones), and it seems like all of the posters have a very low post count compared to some of the ppl we have here. The highest I've ever seen are people in the 10k range...and we got people here that have 50k+ lool

Am I just looking in the wrong places or do we (for some reason) have the most passionate fans?

This actually makes me kinda happy, it gives me the feeling that we have a more close-knit community on here in a sense

BigBlue1971
03-11-2012, 05:16 PM
i dont know if the Giants board has the most active members (total posters) or not but i would think we have the most "active" members (members visiting on a hourlydaily or weekly basis) than any otherteams message board!</P>

imo it all has to do with the success of the team. the more successful the more message board activity.</P>

i think our board is probably more active than any otherand imo has been that way since i joined in 07!</P>

nhpgiantsfan
03-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I think it may be a New York thing. I have never been on the Jets board but I would imagine that they would have a very high volume as well. With all of our sports teams, New Yorkers seem to be more critical than other cities. And I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, but kind of like when Eli would have a bad game there would be like 40 threads that week blasting him, where as if Peyton or Farve had that same day, I don't think the fans there really got that crazy. It's just who we are. I bet the Eagles board is probably similar to ours also. Maybe even the Pats.

jjj45
03-11-2012, 11:15 PM
I think it may be a New York thing. I have never been on the Jets board but I would imagine that they would have a very high volume as well. With all of our sports teams, New Yorkers seem to be more critical than other cities. And I am not saying there is anything wrong with that, but kind of like when Eli would have a bad game there would be like 40 threads that week blasting him, where as if Peyton or Farve had that same day, I don't think the fans there really got that crazy. It's just who we are. I bet the Eagles board is probably similar to ours also. Maybe even the Pats.I totally agree with the whole New York thing. I love a lot of you New Yorkers and you are great people, but some of you are a bunch of whining crybabies that wouldn't know what patience was if it snuck up and bit you in the ***.

JJC7301
03-12-2012, 01:12 AM
i dont know if the Giants board has the most active members (total posters) or not but i would think we have the most "active" members (members visiting on a hourly*daily or weekly basis) than any other*teams message board!</P>

imo it all has to do with the success of the team.* the more successful the more message board activity.</P>

i think our board is probably more active than any other*and imo has been that way since i joined in 07!*</P>
+1. I joined soon after the SB 42 victory and have been on a decent amount since then.

I'm also a Met fan and couldn't about care them. Don't even wake me up on them until they've got a solid foundation for the future. I haven't visited their site in a while and don't intend to post there, but rather just check out how their farm system is doing.

Point is, winning or at least being on the right track makes things interesting.

bLuereverie
03-12-2012, 01:33 AM
Nice for our forum to be integrated with the actual Giants site. None of this unaffiliated third party hosting or segregated site under some cheesy team nickname as a domain.

egyptian420
03-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Nice for our forum to be integrated with the actual Giants site. None of this unaffiliated third party hosting or segregated site under some cheesy team nickname as a domain.
Amen to that...I pity other teams that don't have official MB's...not that it really matters but still...