PDA

View Full Version : A GM without a clue

T-Murda84
03-11-2012, 11:19 PM
I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future.

Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive.

I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.

RagTime Blue
03-11-2012, 11:27 PM
I think the new CBA caught Reese by surprise.

jomo
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future. Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive. I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.WADR, with 2 Super Bowl rings in 4 years it is clear that JR is managing the cap quite well thank you.

lawl
03-11-2012, 11:30 PM
I'd like to take the time to inform everyone that the OP believes that being a GM is not that hard of a job and that anyone can do it. Just a heads up before any of you decide to waste your time providing him with a legitimate response

BigBlueFanNJ
03-11-2012, 11:32 PM
I Never saw the details of Eli's restructure just read it would save us alot of money on this years cap! Its Does not even make sense for Eli to restructure this way! Unless the money is guaranteed I mean what if he gets hurt! Hell they could cut him!!

GmenFan1980
03-11-2012, 11:33 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8oWWp8lrVL4/SUpiCd7bnFI/AAAAAAAAAeE/4SFYBFaB4lU/s400/stop-crying.jpg

2 super bowl teams, how dare he give us cap issues when making up winning teams.

buddy33
03-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Um, 2 rings in 4 years says you are wrong.

fourth&forever
03-11-2012, 11:59 PM
in Reese I trust.

GameTime
03-12-2012, 12:05 AM
I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future. Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive. I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.</P>

Wow...you know all the ins and outs of being a GM. I guess maybe you should be a consultant for the NYG. I am sure the Mara's and Tisch's will be thankful to you.</P>

Please man....I think the NYG are capable of keeping themselves afloat within the confines of the cap.</P>

CLR
03-12-2012, 12:21 AM
I will take the cap problems along with 2 Super bowl wins. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

buddy33
03-12-2012, 12:24 AM
What team would you like Reese to have this team be like?

TheEnigma
03-12-2012, 12:29 AM
I think a better question would be is who should we look to hire if we are getting rid of Reese since he's such a failure?

nycsportzfan
03-12-2012, 12:54 AM
I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future. Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive. I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business. Most teams that win SB's(meaning more then one), in a short span end up being over the cap.. THe diffrence being that Reese is so good at drafting, that it isn't a huge deal, because guys like Mitch Petrus, James Brewer, Jerrell Jerrnigan, Prince Amukumura, Jaquain Williams, JPP,Ballard, Beatty,and others are all ready to step in and step it up or all ready have...

egyptian420
03-12-2012, 01:00 AM

+1...as it did a lot of other teams as well

ShockeyShow
03-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Jerry handles all the contracts personally, without any of our 20 financial consultants. He opens his fridge, grabs a beer ( a Pabst), gets shmammied and then calls their agents to talk shop.

HE NEEDS TO GO!

/red

JJC7301
03-12-2012, 01:07 AM

+2. We didn't have cap problems, as far as I remember, before the new CBA.

I think JR is the best GM in the game. He'll manage things just fine.

Axels15
03-12-2012, 01:16 AM
Giggles?

Flip Empty
03-12-2012, 01:27 AM
More like An OP without a clue.

jhamburg
03-12-2012, 03:11 AM
Reese needs to stop drafting so many good players, we can't pay them all! LOL

redbeardxxv
03-12-2012, 05:31 AM
Sadly, this actually seems to be the problem. We draft well, then have to pay to keep them..... You don't see Philly or Washington having these issues.
Oh and BTW, don't think that the deal that brought Eli to NY AND a second SB didn't play a part in what Washington just did. (yes, I realize that was EA, just thought it was pertinent) Nice to be a model for our rivals to emulate.

Firenugget
03-12-2012, 07:05 AM
I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future.

Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive.

I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.

Because 2010 was an uncapped year, so we took advantage of it and spent. It paid off this past year and now it's time to trim it back again. "Without a clue"? No. "Absolute genius"? Yep.

All will be well.

GMENAGAIN
03-12-2012, 07:52 AM

You're back, huh? I kind of hoped that the shame of all of your ridiculous threads last season would keep you away a little longer . . . . oh well.

SweetZombieJesus
03-12-2012, 08:26 AM

Geez a month ago he was a genius for letting Boss and Smith walk.

I think the one place he has not been golden is in overpaying for free agents (as you mention, Canty and Rolle come to mind). But he more than makes up for it by getting guys to play for a bargain (Tuck, JPP, MM, Cruz, Nicks).

buddy33
03-12-2012, 08:47 AM
What take do have lots of cap space and are considered good teams? Just saying, I know Washington and Tampa have lots of money to spend. How have they been doing lately?

Redeyejedi
03-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Sadly, this actually seems to be the problem. We draft well, then have to pay to keep them..... You don't see Philly or Washington having these issues.
Oh and BTW, don't think that the deal that brought Eli to NY AND a second SB didn't play a part in what Washington just did. (yes, I realize that was EA, just thought it was pertinent) Nice to be a model for our rivals to emulate.The Good thing for us and the bad news for the Redskins is these type of trades rarely work out.In fact Eli is the only time I can think of where it has

Redeyejedi
03-12-2012, 09:12 AM

I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.Do teams with lots of future cap space get to start the season 4-0 or something.What is the point of having future cap space if u arent winning. How about we be up against the cap and have to work around it and win super Bowls .

JimC
03-12-2012, 09:20 AM

I think I'll take the Super Bowls and continue to ride the edge of the cap.

LT_was_good
03-12-2012, 09:55 AM
I'd like to take the time to inform everyone that the OP believes that being a GM is not that hard of a job and that anyone can do it. Just a heads up before any of you decide to waste your time providing him with a legitimate response

This should have concluded the thread.

barran21
03-12-2012, 10:01 AM

+2. We didn't have cap problems, as far as I remember, before the new CBA.

I think JR is the best GM in the game. He'll manage things just fine.

Exactly the new CBA screw Reese over, before the uncap year in 2010 the cap was $127m in 2009, I don't think Reese was expecting it to go down, Reese was never in cap hell until this new CBA went backwards...

MattMeyerBud
03-12-2012, 10:07 AM

why do you troll this topic week in and week out?

You clearly have no clue what your talking about

OsiStrahan#1combo
03-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Lol... i was just HOPING this was going to be another jerry reese bashing on how he cant manage a team. These are fun to read imo lol.

Let me ask you something mr. I can run a team easly.... what more do you want besides winning not just one superbowl, but TWO in the past 4 years?...

What more do you want?....i guess you can say i want one every year. **** who doesnt. But lets be real here. Even the players even said its hard to get to the superbowl so you never know when your going to be back. Enjoy it while it lasts.

But we have two superbowls in FOUR years. The only other club I can think of that did that is the patriots.

Not bad no?...

buddy33
03-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Imagine what could have been if the Burress thing doesn't happen. Could have been 3 rings.

TuckYou
03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future. Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive. I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.WADR, with 2 Super Bowl rings in 4 years it is clear that JR is managing the cap quite well thank you.</P>

I agree with you to a point, but EA was the real man behind the first Superbowl win. Reese is a great drafting and talent evaluator (except at LB for some reason), but he stinks at managing the cap. But, with another ring last season, In Reese I trust.</P>

OsiStrahan#1combo
03-12-2012, 11:27 AM
I was reading an article in the New York Post saying that we shouldnt expect any big moves this year....and its almost mind boggling because Eli restructured, Jacobs was cut, and Mckenzie was asked to go shop somewhere. Dont get me wrong Jacobs and Mckenzie probably did have to go, but why is it that we are still cap strapped? Why is he asking Jacobs two straight seasons to restructure went when have Antrel Rolle and Chris Canty was bloated contracts. Because Restructing contracts will still be a problem in the future. Eli Manning restructuring his contract was to give us some relief this upcoming season but its not. Instead Eli's base salary will ballon up to $20M the year after...and GUESS WHAT? We will be cap strapped again next year. Way to go Jerry Reese....lets hope Reese can at least draft some linemen to keep the savior of this organization, Eli Manning alive. I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.WADR, with 2 Super Bowl rings in 4 years it is clear that JR is managing the cap quite well thank you.</P>

I agree with you to a point, but EA was the real man behind the first Superbowl win. Reese is a great drafting and talent evaluator (except at LB for some reason), but he stinks at managing the cap. But, with another ring last season, In Reese I trust.</P>

what do you mean he stinks at managing the cap? its not like hes dropping big name guys like Tuck or Manning just to give us HUGE cap space. Hes dropping guys that we can do without. That is all hes doing.

He looked at the #s with jacobs and probably said, we can get that same production with a rookie at a ALOT cheaper price.

Manningham. He is a 3rd receiver at best with our team (could do fine at #2 if needed) but with Cruz and Nicks being there. Theres no way we keep him for the money hes going to be asking. Its as simple as that. So he parts ways with him.

CBA. The new CBA dropped dramatically over the last year and now he has to deal with it. We are NOT the only team that has this problem. Steelers a good example.

Do you ever realize that the teams are having problems with the cap are the "winning" teams? Sure the bengals, bucs, redskins all have TONS of money to spend. But where have they been the past decade? No where.

Im happy where we are. Those teams I mentioned to me, they look like the ones that are lost. Cant keep any consistency with players, coaches, staff etc. etc. Constantly bringing in new faces every year and thinking they are going to be fine. That is why Reese will never surrender his picks. Because if we have to, IF we have to, get rid of a player that is just too pricey and we have quality backups to fill in, then we use the draft to fill the hole that we just replaced.

Its as simple as that.

jhamburg
03-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Despite all the two world championships, press accolades, and respect of players, fans, and ownership around the league, I'll bet it keeps JR up at night knowing that a guy on the internet named "T-Murda" does not approve.

T-Murda84
03-12-2012, 11:39 AM
Yea I do understand that we won another ring and Im grateful for that....but we have such a solid group of core players and a strong coaching staff to make a repeat. It just seems like Reese seems to continue to lose alot of young talent due to free agency. I think Reese does a good job drafting but managing the cap is still having trouble with. Reese is still paying for some of his free agent busts and this is why we are still against the cap. Reese tried to get Jacobs to restructure his contract for the past 2 season, because he knew he messed up giving him a big contract to begin with.

Even tho Reese continues to lose players...We have a great QB in Eli that hides in weaknesses in the receiving corp, Offensive Line corp and Running game. We have a strong coaching staff and a Dominant DL that hides the weaknesses at Linebacker and Secondary. Hopefully Reese isnt dumb enough to anger Osi Umenyiora because this defense does need him. We will continue to be in the Superbowl hunt because we have a Franchise Qb and a Defense that can get after the QB...this is the recipe for Superbowls and Ernie Acorsi was on the cusp of a title

RoanokeFan
03-12-2012, 11:46 AM

I don't understand why you don't understand. This has been discussed ad nauseum now and the bottom line is we've won 2 Super Bowls in 4 years. It's very easy for us to LOOK BACK and say Rolle and Canty have "bloated contracts." They weren't bloated when they were entered into. They were negotiated to provide future continuity, which we've had.

When you go from a year in which there was no CAP you spend to make your team better. No one knew what the CAP would be once the new CBA was approved. We were over it as were other teams.

We don't know what Reese's plan is as far as future restructuring is concerned whether it's Eli or someone else. But we can look at his body of work so far and conclude he knows what he's doing.

Things such as injuries are both unavoidable and impossible to predict. But when you sustain a season of injuries as we did last season and still win the Super Bowl, Reese is not the problem.

Tommy_Ribs
03-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Part of me wants to pin this and change the title to:
'Worst thread in recent memory'

But I am too nice a guy to do that.

JesseJames
03-12-2012, 12:29 PM
I wouldn't be against the Giants hiring some one whose only job was to be a cap specialist, you know someone who knows the ins and outs of managing this thing. I'm not trashing Reese here but other teams seem to be doing a much better job with the cap and have many millions to work with . Before anyone brings up the SB wins I'm aware of that but it doesn't help us now does it when we need help to resign and sign the players we need for next year....

Morehead State
03-12-2012, 12:37 PM

</P>

We were in the same boat when the new cap was set before last season. Then we won a SB. The reason we are pressed against the cap is because we have a lot of really good players. The teams who have tons of room don't.</P>

I like our approach better.</P>

jhamburg
03-12-2012, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't be against the Giants hiring some one whose only job was to be a cap specialist, you know someone who knows the ins and outs of managing this thing. I'm not trashing Reese here but other teams seem to be doing a much better job with the cap and have many millions to work with . Before anyone brings up the SB wins I'm aware of that but it doesn't help us now does it when we need help to resign and sign the players we need for next year....

You could make an argument that being right up against the cap every year is the optimal way to run a team

RoanokeFan
03-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Part of me wants to pin this and change the title to:
'Worst thread in recent memory'

But I am too nice a guy to do that.

Can we coax you with liquor?

Morehead State
03-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Evidentally the standard for GM's, according to the OP is "cap room" instead of championships.</P>

Its an interesting, albeit troubling take.</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
I haven't seen us release a single player purely for cap reasons. The only players we release to get under the cap are those whose value didn't match their pay anyway. </P>

Even if we were 20 mil under the cap, we wouldn't be resigning MM b/c we know he's going to demand more than the value of a 3rd WR. We would likely have been trying to get BJ to restructure anyway b/c he was overpayed for a back-up RB. </P>

Also, look at the success, or lack thereof, of the guys we've released over the past few years. None of them have exactly lit up the world. </P>

RoanokeFan
03-12-2012, 01:04 PM
Evidentally the standard for GM's, according to the OP is "cap room" instead of championships.</p>

Its an interesting, albeit troubling take.</p>

So then Jerry Reese is the wearer of many "caps"?

wolfie
03-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Part of me wants to pin this and change the title to: 'Worst thread in recent memory' But I am too nice a guy to do that.

</P>

Liquor and a blonde with big .....</P>

GfieldGmen
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Signing 2 guys with unfavorable contracts through free agency doesn't override tons and tons of savvy drafting and pickups that Reese has done over the yrs.

We aren't even in a bad cap situation, we just have to much talent on this team to be able to keep everyone and a lot of talent that we will have to resign in the future. Most teams don't have that problem.

But by the time we are needed to resign some of those guys other contracts will be running out or Reese will plan for it by drafting and guy for that position just in case we need to make a cut to pay another guy.

RoanokeFan
03-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Part of me wants to pin this and change the title to: 'Worst thread in recent memory' But I am too nice a guy to do that.

</p>

Liquor and a blonde with big .....</p>

CAPS? [;)]

TrueBlue@NYC
03-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Signing 2 guys with unfavorable contracts through free agency doesn't override tons and tons of savvy drafting and pickups that Reese has done over the yrs. We aren't even in a bad cap situation, we just have to much talent on this team to be able to keep everyone and a lot of talent that we will have to resign in the future. Most teams don't have that problem. But by the time we are needed to resign some of those guys other contracts will be running out or Reese will plan for it by drafting and guy for that position just in case we need to make a cut to pay another guy.</P>

Exactly, it's not like we're losing guys like Cruz, Nicks, JPP and Tuck to cap casualities. Those are the guys you get worried about losing. </P>

Besides, if any fan base should be angry, it should be the Raiders fans. They've only been an OK team and they're in similar cap hell as we are. </P>

It's one thing to be pinned up against the cap b/c your trying to keep the boatloads of talent you have on your team. It's another to be up against the cap and your team isn't overly talented. </P>

giantsfan39
03-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Tell me which teams with a lot of cap space have won anything in recent years or even made the playoffs.

Tell me which team has 50mil free in cap space and won 2 superbowls in 4 years.

If you can't then shut up moron.

gmen0820
03-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Bengals have 50 million and 2 first round picks.

Go root for them and you can see how they screw it up and come back and tell us what you report.

giantsfan39
03-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Signing 2 guys with unfavorable contracts through free agency doesn't override tons and tons of savvy drafting and pickups that Reese has done over the yrs.

We aren't even in a bad cap situation, we just have to much talent on this team to be able to keep everyone and a lot of talent that we will have to resign in the future. Most teams don't have that problem.

But by the time we are needed to resign some of those guys other contracts will be running out or Reese will plan for it by drafting and guy for that position just in case we need to make a cut to pay another guy.

That's the nature of free agency. After living through 2009 and CC Brown we were in desperate need of a safety. We overpaid. Thats's free agency for you. If we didn't sign Rolle the dumbass who made this thread would be attacking Reese for being cheap and not using free agency to fill big needs.

giantsfan39
03-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Also Rolle has never got to play his natural position. He was in the box a lot in 2010 due to KP's injury. And was forced to play slot CB due to injuries.

Hopefully we stay injury free and he can play his natural position in 2012 and be the playmaker centerfield Ed Reed type guy we wanted.

G-Man67
03-12-2012, 02:31 PM
ummm we just won the super bowl ?? ... so anything that happened before that win, well none us would change it</P>

you can only critique him for moves 2012 forward, so which 2012 move do you have a problem with</P>

FBomb
03-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and looking stupid?

JesseJames
03-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Signing 2 guys with unfavorable contracts through free agency doesn't override tons and tons of savvy drafting and pickups that Reese has done over the yrs. We aren't even in a bad cap situation, we just have to much talent on this team to be able to keep everyone and a lot of talent that we will have to resign in the future. Most teams don't have that problem. But by the time we are needed to resign some of those guys other contracts will be running out or Reese will plan for it by drafting and guy for that position just in case we need to make a cut to pay another guy.</P>

Exactly, it's not like we're losing guys like Cruz, Nicks, JPP and Tuck to cap casualities. Those are the guys you get worried about losing. </P>

Besides, if any fan base should be angry, it should be the Raiders fans. They've only been an OK team and they're in similar cap hell as we are. </P>

It's one thing to be pinned up against the cap b/c your trying to keep the boatloads of talent you have on your team. It's another to be up against the cap and your team isn't overly talented. </P>

excellent answer to all of this especially mine..

swordfish
03-12-2012, 07:52 PM

I dont understand why Reese gets so much credit. He clearly can not manage the cap. Reese seems to draft very well, but maybe he needs some help in the financial part of the business.Really, you have no clue, we have 2 Super Bowls in four years, what more can you ask of a GM, if you expect SB championships every year, I say get off the drugs.

PRFan
03-13-2012, 06:52 AM
OPs like this just make me shake my head. No reason to try convincing someone so far gone...

gumby742
03-13-2012, 09:19 AM
I played Madden yesterday. It was fun.

Drez
03-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I played Madden yesterday. It was fun.</P>

Now, the question is did you leave the salary cap on or did you disable that feature?</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Bengals have 50 million and 2 first round picks.

Go root for them and you can see how they screw it up and come back and tell us what you report.

Bengals are actually a young and up and coming team in a good position... wouldn't be the worst time to be a Bengals fan

just saying... overall.

galaxy10
03-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I think Reese is doing a good job. You simply cannot be right all of the time. I think he made a lot of good moves last year. Baas is still open to question. I am hoping he has a better year now he has a year under this system. Did anyone hear that Boss was released by the raiders? I thought I heard that on ESPN. Looks like he made the right call there.

Drez
03-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Bengals have 50 million and 2 first round picks. Go root for them and you can see how they screw it up and come back and tell us what you report.

Bengals are actually a young and up and coming team in a good position... wouldn't be the worst time to be a Bengals fan

just saying... overall.
</P>

Yeah, it seems that way. But, if history has taught us anything, Brown will do something to muck that up soon.</P>

Scarfacee71
03-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Jerry is a good GM because he is great at building through the draft and that is where you win. I wont disagree that he doesn't really know what to do when it comes to FA though. The contracts for Rolle, Canty, and Baas - all jack of all trade and master of none players - were absurd.

That said, I'll live with absurd contracts and free agency that makes no sense to me every single day with a smile on my face if thats what brings home championships.