PDA

View Full Version : How good can JPP be?

fourth&forever
12-06-2011, 07:42 PM
I hesitate to compare him to greatness. But I do think JPP has many of Lawrence Taylor's qualities. umm, the good ones I mean. Power, acceleration, speed, range, wingspan, versatility, motor, heart. But there's one muscle that JPP has already developed more than Taylor ever could. That most important of all: the one between the ear holes. The sky's the limit on this young man.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/12/05/sports/web_galleries/g_giantspackers/120411Giants56CW223935--500x380.jpg

Gmen2005
12-06-2011, 08:08 PM
If he can stay healthy, I think he can be a very very productive player. I'd like to hope he can brake Strahans records just for fun [:)]

jhamburg
12-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Being as good as LT or Reggie White is still a longshot for anybody, but with JPP there really isn't any particular factor holding him back from that type of greatness. He certainly has the physical attributes, athletic ability and the competitive drive to be at that level.

Spizi
12-06-2011, 08:10 PM
You can't really compare them because they play different positions and JPP weighs a good 50 lbs more lol. He's a different kind of freak.

jomo
12-06-2011, 08:35 PM
I hesitate to compare him to greatness. But I do think JPP has many of Lawrence Taylor's qualities. umm, the good ones I mean. Power, acceleration, speed, range, wingspan, versatility, motor, heart. But there's one muscle that JPP has already developed more than Taylor ever could. That most important of all: the one between the ear holes. The sky's the limit on this young man. http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/12/05/sports/web_galleries/g_giantspackers/120411Giants56CW223935--500x380.jpg+1

Tommy_Ribs
12-07-2011, 12:10 AM
In all seriousness, he has the tools to be an all-time great.

He is big, he is strong, he has a huge wingspan, and he has the ability to turn the corner and turn the OT into a Turnstile.

He is not one-dimensional as a Pass-Rusher, nor is he one-dimensional as a DE in general.

He can be the best at his position in the sport, and when players do that over a sustained amount of time, the discussion becomes about their all-time ranking.

JPP will be a great, great player.

GiantWarfare
12-07-2011, 01:24 AM
He can be as good as he wants to be.

Physically speaking he has no flaws in terms of your dream pass rusher, and talent-wise he has shown to be well-rounded beyond his years...so far he seems to have "it" between the ears too, but we'll see as time goes on just how far he's developed.

The things I've seen him do in his short time as a Giant pretty much have wowed me considering his huge football inexperience.

I hesitate to compare him to past greats, but JPP has the tools to be just as bit as good as any or perhaps even better if he plays his cards right, and he can manage to remain relatively healthy for much if not all of his career (*crosses fingers*)...

I dont wanna hype the kid too much, but you gotta admit, he is a special player.

BBlueSince82
12-07-2011, 02:04 AM
I remember when he was drafted alot of ppl saw the raw athleticism, but weren't sure if he could develop the football IQ. Well he has definitely shown he can, and I always thought he was going to be great, time will tell if he will be "one of the greats", but the potential is there. Kid is amazing!!

SweetZombieJesus
12-07-2011, 07:24 AM
He's a very good player and the sky is indeed the limit, but let's not compare him to LT. Not until he wins MVP and changes how the game is played ;)

We've got plenty of time to watch his career unfold. And you never know what good, or bad, things can happen along the way.

nycsportzfan
12-07-2011, 07:43 AM
In all seriousness, he has the tools to be an all-time great.

He is big, he is strong, he has a huge wingspan, and he has the ability to turn the corner and turn the OT into a Turnstile.

He is not one-dimensional as a Pass-Rusher, nor is he one-dimensional as a DE in general.

He can be the best at his position in the sport, and when players do that over a sustained amount of time, the discussion becomes about their all-time ranking.

JPP will be a great, great player.
Perfectly said!

nihan87
12-07-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm down with JPP. Kids a beast and hopefully has a long, healthy, productive career.

nygsb42champs
12-07-2011, 08:08 AM
The potential is there. But lets take it esy with him. He has had one full very good year. Let him put together several good years before we start comparing him to LT.

LT_was_good
12-07-2011, 08:45 AM
I think JPP can be what we all hoped Osi and/or Tuck could be before all the boo-boos.

giantsfan39
12-07-2011, 01:47 PM
He can be as good as Peppers in his prime.

burier
12-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I hesitate to compare him to greatness. But I do think JPP has many of Lawrence Taylor's qualities. umm, the good ones I mean. Power, acceleration, speed, range, wingspan, versatility, motor, heart. But there's one muscle that JPP has already developed more than Taylor ever could. That most important of all: the one between the ear holes. The sky's the limit on this young man.

http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/12/05/sports/web_galleries/g_giantspackers/120411Giants56CW223935--500x380.jpg

First of all what hell are you even talking about?

I think Sky's the limit for Vorhees but I'm gonna go ahead and suggest you keep LT's name out of your mouth.

RobCarpenter
12-07-2011, 08:46 PM
JPP is a very special player. If he can stay healthy, he looks like he could become a perennial All-Pro.</P>

That said, I think it's way too premature to try to compare him to LT. LT was the greatest Defensive player in NFL history and arguably the NFL's greatest player.</P>

</P>

lawl
12-07-2011, 09:45 PM
He doesn't have that same mean streak to go with his athleticism that LT had. Atleast as far as I can tell.</P>

Another problem he may encounter is not being able to close out games. Coaching staff has been saying he gets tired from playing so hard.</P>

He should be a mainstay for years to come.</P>

</P>

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I hesitate to compare him to greatness. But I do think JPP has many of Lawrence Taylor's qualities. umm, the good ones I mean. Power, acceleration, speed, range, wingspan, versatility, motor, heart. But there's one muscle that JPP has already developed more than Taylor ever could. That most important of all: the one between the ear holes. The sky's the limit on this young man. http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2011/12/05/sports/web_galleries/g_giantspackers/120411Giants56CW223935--500x380.jpg</P>

LT was (is) a smart guy.....he couldn't play the game at his level if he were dumb. There's a difference between intelligence and wisdom, though, and to be sure, LT hasn't made wise choices.</P>

As far as comparing the two on the field.....different positions, anddifferent eras. </P>

JPP would need to completely dominate his profession - meaning, nobody can even be in the same conversation - to be compared to LT.</P>

LT in his prime reminds me ofwhat Aaron Rodgers is doing right now.....clearly the #1 at his position, with the next guy being a distant 2nd.</P>

I'd love to see JPP get to that level, and stay there for a decade....then he'd be in LT's league.</P>

BigBlue1971
12-07-2011, 10:01 PM
JPP is a beast! as many posters stated, health is the key.</P>

if he can stay as healthy as hes been so far, he will be great!</P>

could be the leagues best one day!</P>

</P>

jhamburg
12-07-2011, 10:24 PM
He doesn't have that same mean streak to go with his athleticism that LT had. Atleast as far as I can tell.</P>

Another problem he may encounter is not being able to close out games. Coaching staff has been saying he gets tired from playing so hard.</P>

*</P>

He has a relentless motor, which is better than a mean streak IMO.

LT was awesome but let's face it, if he played in today's NFL he'd probably have as many personal fouls as sacks and be suspended at least half the season.

BBlueSince82
12-08-2011, 01:10 AM
He can be as good as Peppers in his prime.

He can be BETTER than Peppers in his prime, hes already not far behind Peppers in his prime in his 2nd year..

BBlueSince82
12-08-2011, 01:12 AM

*</P>

He has a relentless motor, which is better than a mean streak IMO.

LT was awesome but let's face it, if he played in today's NFL he'd probably have as many personal fouls as sacks and be suspended at least half the season.

Also lets not forget, LT ADMITTED most games he played coked out of his mind, no wonder he had such a mean streak and an unstoppable motor lol!! While other players were getting cortizone shots he was bangin 7 gram rocks lol

BBlueSince82
12-08-2011, 01:13 AM
Do you guys think JPP will be better Ware?? Just a question, I believe he will, barring injury/something crazy happening.

DragonSoul
12-08-2011, 05:59 AM
Do you guys think JPP will be better Ware?? Just a question, I believe he will, barring injury/something crazy happening.Different positions..

Ware - LB
JPP - DE

SweetZombieJesus
12-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Different positions..

Ware - LB
JPP - DE

4-3 DEs and 3-4 OLBs have more in common than you may think

FLNYGFAN
12-08-2011, 08:56 AM
The sky is the limit for JPP.

He's made great progress in 1 year and it should continue.

DragonSoul
12-08-2011, 09:01 AM
Different positions..

Ware - LB
JPP - DE

in common maybe, but still a bit different. When I start seeing Jpp play more in the standing up right position and in coverage more then on the line, then i can see it. Who knows maybe, similar to what they did with KIWI, since they are to lazy to draft or get a Top tier FA pick.

jhamburg
12-08-2011, 10:23 AM
Different positions..

Ware - LB
JPP - DE

When I start seeing Jpp play more in the standing up right position and in coverage more then on the line, then i can see it. .

Do you think Ware is in coverage more than on the line?

juice33s
12-08-2011, 10:42 AM
One thing that makes JPP special is his motor. It seems every game he's coming out of nowhere to make tackles down field that he has no business even being near.

jhamburg
12-08-2011, 10:48 AM
One thing that makes JPP special is his motor. It seems every game he's coming out of nowhere to make tackles down field that he has no business even being near.

53 tackles for a DE? I know tackles aren't a great stat, but if your lineman are making them it's usually a good play.

RagTime Blue
12-08-2011, 10:49 AM
I think right now he might be the best at that RDE position. When they've moved him around the line, it's been to mixed results.

He deserves to play in one position and stay there. . .and master it.

Let Tolly, Osi, and the supporting cast to to that LDE when Tuck's not there.

And for God's sake, keep him out of the middle!!