PDA

View Full Version : Pass Catching RB

Strahan4gov
03-12-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm just wondering if there are any running backs that are known for their pass catching ability that we could potentially grab draft or otherwise?

I would love to see what Eli could do with a passing threat out of the backfield - a really legitimate one that he was on 100% par with.

Just bored speculation.

buddy33
03-12-2012, 08:50 AM
I'm hoping they already have their man.

Scott could be that guy.

timmytimm3
03-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Hynoski has great hands too.

I'm really excited to see Scott in there with a better offensive line. One cut and the guy is gone.

Strahan4gov
03-12-2012, 09:40 AM
He has that much potential? For having his autograph should probably know more about his skillset, lol.

Redeyejedi
03-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Bobby Rainey is a nice receiver from Western KY.
Chris Rainey from Florida

I keep waiting for the Giants to draft a guy like this but it never happens and it probably never will.

LT_was_good
03-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Scott caught some passes in college. Sometimes he was even split out wide. I'm sure we're all hoping that with a full off-season he'll have a solid grasp of the offense and blitz-pickups.

Strahan4gov
03-12-2012, 09:51 AM
Scott caught some passes in college.* Sometimes he was even split out wide.* I'm sure we're all hoping that with a full off-season he'll have a solid grasp of the offense and blitz-pickups.*

It's funny you should mention blitz pickups - i was reading the threads about BJ being gone and passblocking suffering, but having a back that could catch out of the backfield quickly and is on the same page as Eli I think would exploit blitzers bigtime.

Kruunch
03-12-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm just wondering if there are any running backs that are known for their pass catching ability that we could potentially grab draft or otherwise?

I would love to see what Eli could do with a passing threat out of the backfield - a really legitimate one that he was on 100% par with.

Just bored speculation.

LaMichael James
Robert Turbin
Chris Rainey
Bobby Rainey

All names that have been associated with Giants mock drafts.

Vtgmenfan89
03-12-2012, 12:27 PM
I would love to take LaMichael James in the middle rounds, he's projected to be a Sproles esque player, just a bit bigger I believe. A completely different route but a nice player to pick up would also be Tolbert, who's just a beastly little bowling ball and wouldn't be a bad compliment to AB both being physical and then have Scott be the 3rd man hopefully. I realllly hope he pans out because his speed can really be a weapon.

Kruunch
03-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I would love to take LaMichael James in the middle rounds, he's projected to be a Sproles esque player, just a bit bigger I believe. A completely different route but a nice player to pick up would also be Tolbert, who's just a beastly little bowling ball and wouldn't be a bad compliment to AB both being physical and then have Scott be the 3rd man hopefully. I realllly hope he pans out because his speed can really be a weapon.

LaMIchael James will more then likely go in the second round.

Giants Of New Jersey
03-12-2012, 02:04 PM
Hynoski has great hands too.

I'm really excited to see Scott in there with a better offensive line. One cut and the guy is gone.

i feel like our offense really became unstoppable when we started utilizing the checkdown to the FB for 5 yards a pop....it make a defense have to respect the underneath stuff which opens up the intermediate things...

Tommy_Ribs
03-12-2012, 02:31 PM
In the draft - LaMichael James and Larmar Miller

In Free Agency - Mike Tolbert.

Bradshaw is not a bad receiver either.

Strahan4gov
03-12-2012, 03:02 PM

I didn't realize his receiving stats somehow until you just said that - looking at the numbers he has been pretty good.

Spizi
03-12-2012, 03:44 PM
David Wilson out of VT was said to have shown excellent receiving ability at the combine. He also had a 40inch vert, 11 foot broad jump, and ran a 4.40. He is an athlete to say the least. Also has prototypical size at 5'10 206. I wouldn't mind taking him at 32 honestly.

Kruunch
03-12-2012, 04:03 PM

I didn't realize his receiving stats somehow until you just said that - looking at the numbers he has been pretty good.

They're mediocre ... he doesn't do much when he does get a reception. Part of that being us not running a classic screen anymore. Especially when comparing him with the last receiving RB we had ... Tiki (3 yards per catch difference on average).

Tommy_Ribs
03-12-2012, 06:11 PM
David Wilson out of VT was said to have shown excellent receiving ability at the combine. He also had a 40inch vert, 11 foot broad jump, and ran a 4.40. He is an athlete to say the least. Also has prototypical size at 5'10 206. I wouldn't mind taking him at 32 honestly.

I like Wilson from VT, I like Miller from the U, and I like the kid out of Boise St, who is actually a clone of Bradshaw.

Trent Richardson is obviously the Top RB, and will probably be like a top 12 pick, but there are a lot of other good role type backs in this draft. I think a good RB could fall to our 2nd or 3rd round pick.

giantman8493
03-12-2012, 06:30 PM

doug martin. Best all time rb. Why exclude him? Im extreamly offended.

mainegiantsfan
03-12-2012, 06:32 PM
Why not a proven commodity in Peyton Hillis?

Strahan4gov
03-12-2012, 07:01 PM

They're mediocre ... he doesn't do much when he does get a reception. Part of that being us not running a classic screen anymore. Especially when comparing him with the last receiving RB we had ... Tiki (3 yards per catch difference on average).

Yea I meant in terms of how he is utilized - speaking of classic screens you definitely brought up a good point. Why in the world do they cease to exist?

Spizi
03-12-2012, 08:26 PM

I like Wilson from VT, I like Miller from the U, and I like the kid out of Boise St, who is actually a clone of Bradshaw.

Trent Richardson is obviously the Top RB, and will probably be like a top 12 pick, but there are a lot of other good role type backs in this draft.* I think a good RB could fall to our 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Wilson is rated number 2 right now and honestly i dont want a bradshaw clone... thats what we have bradshaw for!! Wilson has that break away speed and is a 3 down back. Bradshaw is extremely quick but he does get caught from behind. I think I remember hearing that we barely had any runs of over 20 yards last year. Thats sad.