PDA

View Full Version : What is your biggest concern for next season?

buddy33
03-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Mine is the secondary. Webster is solid and I think Prince will be a very good CB, but what if thy lose Ross and TT to FA? Honestly Ross played ok this year and we have no idea how TT will be after tearing the the same ACL twice, but at least they add depth. Will Witherspoon be ok? I actually think the guy on the practice squad, Bing, could be decent for depth. Little small but fast. Will Grant be back?

There is pleanty of time to work it all out, but I hope they have some quality depth to start the season.

I would also like to see them get the running game fixed. How great would it be for teams to try and shut down the passing game and they just run the ball all over them? I remember a game where they showed some stats on the Giants running game since TC has been head coach. They where always like a top 5 running team until this year.

Kruunch
03-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Harooni and Burier mating and producing the Anti-Christ of the Giants MB.

SweetZombieJesus
03-12-2012, 08:23 AM
O-line. Must be rebuilt.

TE. We are devastated.

RB. Bradshaw's at the end and won't make a full season, someone has to step up. Hopefully we draft a bruiser.

buddy33
03-12-2012, 09:48 AM
O-line.* Must be rebuilt.

TE.* We are devastated.

RB.* Bradshaw's at the end and won't make a full season, someone has to step up.* Hopefully we draft a bruiser.

I think the OL might be ok. I like Beatty and Brewer might be an upgrade at RT. I think Baas will benefit from a full camp in the summer and hopefully he can stay healthy. That should make Snee play better as well. He had a struggling RT and Center to deal with this past season.

As far as RB, I'm hoping Scott can be that dangerous threat out of the backfield. So they lose Manningham. Now they add another threat. Throw team off a bit.

I do think they will sign a TE in FA and draft one. Not sure which round but it doesn't really matter. Look at the TE's Reese has gotten and how they have contributed.

trenken311
03-12-2012, 09:50 AM
RB for sure. Bradshaw is just a mess. He wont be in this league for much longer.

We have no idea what we have with these other backs. Bradshaw gets injured early, these other guys cant step up and suddenly we are in serious trouble.

Id like for them to bring in a guy like Cedric Benson or Peyton Hillis.

Flip Empty
03-12-2012, 09:56 AM
The same as last year - O-line. RB now as well.
TE doesn't really worry me as there isn't too much emphasis on the position in Gilbride's offense and there are plenty available.

Kruunch
03-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Oline Oline Oline ... from that all good things Offense are derived.

GMENAGAIN
03-12-2012, 10:10 AM
OL

Tony Bruno
03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Id like to see help in the 2ndary, Oline and TE... RB has crept on that list now...

Kase-1
03-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Harooni and Burier mating and producing the Anti-Christ of the Giants MB.LMAO

OK, well that is def #1, but other concerns would be....

-Solidifying our OL
- Who's our MLB
- Who's our Nickelback
- Who's our TE (other than Pascoe)

But 1st and foremost, we need to patch up our OL. We need that monster running game that we USED to have

Flip Empty
03-12-2012, 10:36 AM
We need that monster running game that we USED to have

More of a want than a need. The Giants are a passing team now.

buddy33
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
I don't know about that. They just won the Super Bowl and teams will be looking to knock them off. They need to be different. Get that running game going so teams won't know what to do. Try to stop Eli and the run game will burn you. Try to stop the run game and Eli will burn you.

I think getting the running game back to top 5 status is very important.

Kase-1
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM

More of a want than a need. The Giants are a passing team now.These are all more 'Wants' than 'Needs'

The Giants became a passing team last season out of necessity, our OL blew dong and Barry Sanders couldnt have put up a 150yd game

galaxy10
03-12-2012, 10:42 AM
OL, RB. I have and still think we need a stud MLB, but I have since abandoned that desire for the more pressing needs of the OL.

buddy33
03-12-2012, 10:46 AM
I thought Goff was in for a mister year last year.

If he can come back from his injury at full speed I think they have a good MLB.

Flip Empty
03-12-2012, 10:49 AM

More of a want than a need. The Giants are a passing team now.These are all more 'Wants' than 'Needs'

The Giants became a passing team last season out of necessity, our OL blew dong and Barry Sanders couldnt have put up a 150yd game

True, but looking at Eli's progression over the years, there has been a gradual shift to a more pass-heavy offense. The team has evolved with the rest of the league

Kase-1
03-12-2012, 10:53 AM

True, but looking at Eli's progression over the years, there has been a gradual shift to a more pass-heavy offense. The team has evolved with the rest of the leagueThe team has gone more pass happy when our run game wasnt up to par, the league as a whole is leaning towards a more pass happy league but that doesnt mean we should neglect the run game.

buddy33
03-12-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't think it was their plan to be that pass heavy. Like I said before, they where a top 5, or at least a top 10 running team ever since TC was named the coach.

Hey look, it worked for them last year. I'm just saying it would make them that much better if they could get back to being a a top 5 or top 10 running team.

Flip Empty
03-12-2012, 11:05 AM

True, but looking at Eli's progression over the years, there has been a gradual shift to a more pass-heavy offense. The team has evolved with the rest of the leagueThe team has gone more pass happy when our run game wasnt up to par, the league as a whole is leaning towards a more pass happy league but that doesnt mean we should neglect the run game.

Oh of course, I'm not suggesting the Giants abandon the run, just that it's no longer the number one priority. It'd be great to run all over teams again but the line needs to be fixed for that to happen.

JesseJames
03-12-2012, 11:21 AM
my biggest concern is that we don't get the O line problems fixed and we still aren't able to run the ball next season....

Vtgmenfan89
03-12-2012, 02:19 PM
My biggest concern is the O-line, 200%. We gave up 9 sacks in the nfc champ game and the super bowl combined. That's bad. We're lucky Eli is as tough as he is

buddy33
03-12-2012, 03:14 PM
A lot of people are saying OL and I agree that they need to play better, but I think they may have the personel to do so already. I do t know why but I think Brewer is going to make a good RT and I think if Baas can stay healthy and get a full summer with the team he will be better as well. With those two playing better Snee will have a better year as well. I know some are not big fans of Beatty but I like him. I thought he did a god job last year. He just has to stay healthy though. I think Diehl. Rees to restructure if he wants to stay. Boothe was a solid full in last year and Petrus showed some signs. Not great at pass blocking but pretty good at run blocking.

Maybe add a FA or draft pick and they might have a decent OL next year.

allentown PA
03-12-2012, 03:17 PM
RB and reciever actually, nicks gets hurt sometimes if they were to lose him or cruz it worries me...I think JJ will suprise though, I hope.