PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning top 5 plays of the season

miken609
03-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I know Giants.com hasn't made a video yet but we speculate.

5. Manning to Nicks for the game winning TD vs. Arizona.

4. Manning to Cruz on the Tyree-like play vs Cowboys.

3. Manning to Pascoe for a TD to beat Patriots in the regular season.

2. Manning to Manningham for 38 yards in Superbowl. Dropped in perfectly.

1. Manning to Manningham for 17 Yards and a TD on 3rd and 15 in the NFC Championship game. I put this one number one because, in retrospect, it was one of the most clutch throws of all time. SF dropped a ton of guys into coverage and knew Eli was going for the endzone. Eli still fit it in.

miken609
03-12-2012, 02:14 PM
O snap for #3 i meant Ballard

burier
03-12-2012, 02:52 PM

1. Manning to Manningham for 17 Yards and a TD on 3rd and 15 in the NFC Championship game. I put this one number one because, in retrospect, it was one of the most clutch throws of all time. SF dropped a ton of guys into coverage and knew Eli was going for the endzone. Eli still fit it in.

Decent list but the Pass to Manningham in the SB has to go at 1. It will probably go down as the greatest throw in the history of the Super Bowl.

miken609
03-12-2012, 04:22 PM

Decent list but the Pass to Manningham in the SB has to go at 1. It will probably go down as the greatest throw in the history of the Super Bowl.

I think that's debatable only because it was on 1st down. The SF game throw was a throw that had to be made. If the Superbowl throw was misfired, its 2nd and ten and the Giants still probably win.

I agree with you in terms of pure play making, the Superbowl one goes 1st but firing a 4th quarter 3rd and 15 bullet into the end zone against the leagues best secondary that knew it was coming is absolutely remarkable.

miken609
03-12-2012, 04:24 PM

I think that's debatable only because it was on 1st down. The SF game throw was a throw that had to be made. If the Superbowl throw was misfired, its 2nd and ten and the Giants still probably win.

I agree with you in terms of pure play making, the Superbowl one goes 1st but firing a 4th quarter 3rd and 15 bullet into the end zone against the leagues best secondary that knew it was coming is absolutely remarkable.

if the NFC championship throw falls incomplete, the Giants probably lose that game. Meanwhile if the Superbowl throw falls incomplete, the Giants probably win anyhow.

GMenNY21
03-12-2012, 04:46 PM
What about the hailmary to Nicks against GB?

miken609
03-12-2012, 04:53 PM
What about the hailmary to Nicks against GB?

Not Really an Eli play, more of a Nicks. Any QB can just heave it.

killerblue8787
03-12-2012, 05:21 PM
It is really close I'll call Eli's touchdown to manningham in the NFC title game 1a and the big throw to manningham 1b. both significant in their own way and both absolute beautiful throws with a high rate of difficulty.

bklyn1028
03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
His best play was when he hit that guy in the chest with the football and knocked him out.

Eli Manning is C J Hunter in

"FOOTBALL COPS"!!!!

miken609
03-12-2012, 09:33 PM
His best play was when he hit that guy in the chest with the football and knocked him out.

Eli Manning is C J Hunter in

"FOOTBALL COPS"!!!!
???

Drez
03-12-2012, 09:52 PM
His best play was when he hit that guy in the chest with the football and knocked him out. Eli Manning is C J Hunter in "FOOTBALL COPS"!!!! ???</P>

He was a beast in that. Check it out.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-znHzHafMlQ</P>

miken609
03-12-2012, 10:07 PM
His best play was when he hit that guy in the chest with the football and knocked him out. Eli Manning is C J Hunter in "FOOTBALL COPS"!!!! ???</P>

He was a beast in that. Check it out.</P>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-znHzHafMlQ</P>
AHAHAHAA very funnay. I'll have to revise my list

Flip Empty
03-12-2012, 11:59 PM
This was one of my favourites

http://iforce.co.nz/i/erpjr23j.1lm.gif

alau53
03-13-2012, 12:25 AM
the 99 yard pass play to cruz againt the jets will make top 5

Vtgmenfan89
03-13-2012, 12:39 AM
This was one of my favourites

http://iforce.co.nz/i/erpjr23j.1lm.gif

He got demolished that game, to play as mistake free as he did was absolutely amazing. I wouldn't trade this guy for anyone.

However...this is a perfect example of why we need to upgrade our O-line big time this offseason...if there's a tackle worth taking at 32 Reese would be wise to take him. We've only had 3 offensive 1st rounders since 2000 being Shockey Eli and Nicks unless I'm mistaken...if there's anytime to pick o-line early it's now when it definitely is a big need seeing as how we gave up 9 sacks in NFC game and SB. We're lucky we have a true Iron man QB

buddy33
03-13-2012, 02:11 AM
Was it the Atlanta game where he had a very important scramble for a 1st down? I can't remember which game it was but I remember how it was a very important 3rd down convention. No south because it as at the end of the game, but because it extended a drive I believe the scored on and changed the game.

Maybe not top 5 worthy but just a great play by Eli.

giantsfan420
03-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Was it the Atlanta game where he had a very important scramble for a 1st down? I can't remember which game it was but I remember how it was a very important 3rd down convention. No south because it as at the end of the game, but because it extended a drive I believe the scored on and changed the game.

Maybe not top 5 worthy but just a great play by Eli.

yeah it was vs atlanta near the end of the 1rst half before we scored the first touchdown. we hadnt completed a worthy 3rd down, eli prolonged the drive with the scramble, we scored and never looked back. HUGE PLAY

Drez
03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
the 99 yard pass play to cruz againt the jets will make top 5</P>

No. That will make Cruz's top 5, but not Eli's. There wasn't much remarkable about that throw.</P>

buddy33
03-13-2012, 11:09 AM
That 99 yard play was not by design and was all Cruz. Eli had a great year and could have a list of top 100 plays but that play was all Cruz.

GmenFan1980
03-15-2012, 10:10 AM
here

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Top-5-Plays-QB-Eli-Manning/d153f0f5-edc9-4439-baec-320a9adca056

miken609
03-15-2012, 11:55 AM
here

http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Top-5-Plays-QB-Eli-Manning/d153f0f5-edc9-4439-baec-320a9adca056
I got all the plays right, just out of order. Well I think my order is right.

Also, I hate when who ever makes these lists put 2 plays as one.

miken609
03-15-2012, 11:57 AM
here

I got all the plays right, just out of order. Well I think my order is right.

Also, I hate when who ever makes these lists put 2 plays as one.
Wait no I got the Hail Mary confused with the Tyree-like play to Cruz vs Cowboys. Oh well I still think I'm right